American History X
Captain America The Winter Solider
To Kill A Mockingbird
Groundhog Day
Twelve Monkeys

The Stalker.

Lawrence of Arabia

>mfw the state of Sup Forums in 2017

This is why all the other boards consider Sup Forums a laughing stock, myself included.

>Godfather 1/2, 2OO1 and Taxi Driver
why are you even here

this is the only board that makes me want to commit homicide

He actually fits right in, considering the current state of Sup Forums

t. Mr. "iMDB top 10 is also my top 10 lol"

Woman in the Dunes

The memes are all fun and games until you realise your board has slowly become filled with literal retards and underage plebs because you were too caught up with baneposting to tell them to lurk more.

>hear people claim Godfather is amazing
>watch it
>it's legitimately one of the most boring movies I've ever seen
>ask why people think it's good
>always vague answers
I really think people just say they like it for the sake of making themselves feel intelligent because some critic told them so.

IMDB top 10 is terrible

>They don't like my clueless naval-gazing, they must be from IMDb!

In fact i'd say the average IMDb user and the average Sup Forums poster share a lot of common thought. You plebeian retards are adorable. The best part is, people who post here, actually think they have taste .

Yep. We're all pretending. Gotcha!

>Taxi Driver
The End of Sup Forums.
I honestly didn't 'geddit' the first time I watched it in 2010 when Sup Forums recommended it to me. I was ~16, so I posted about it here and rewatched it after understanding what all the people here had to say about it. You're either contrarian, a child with no window of thinking outside your closed view, or who knows, a troll.
Also
>American History X
>Boring
You're garbage my dude. Go watch The Dictator or something.

Then tell me why it's good without using bullshit like 'cinematography' 'pacing' or 'storytelling'
And no, watching Brando mumble for 3 hours was not a good acting performance.

what board are you?

>12 Monkeys
>boring

You're the trashiest low level fudge packer I have ever seen.

American Dubs Guy

this is bait
it might even be pasta
if it's not, it should be

Had a laugh showing this scene to my dad to give him an idea of it after I trollingly suggested it. We were both in tears from laughing by the end.
youtube.com/watch?v=QQYrR4Stos4

>b-bait
Standard reply for when you call someone out to say why they like The Godfather without them spouting meaningless, pretentious bullshit.

>without using bullshit like 'cinematography' 'pacing' or 'storytelling'

What's left watching a movie for then? Do you only watch movies because of how loudly characters talk in it?

implying I'm going to spend time formulating a decent response to some fuckwit with shit for taste. maybe start without "all these aspects of a film that are important can't be used to disprove my (((argument))))", bait or not, and you'll get actual discourse.

>Melissa McCarthy GOAT actress

How is "storytelling" bullshit?

commit suicide

How did Michael avoid getting caught by the RICO act and the FBI offering amnesty to people ratting others out?

groundhog day?

Explain how any of those things are bullshit, user.

this whole thread deserves a (You)

Drive.

imagine if the godfather was edited and the soundtrack consisted of modern style earth shattering fart noises

The Godfather is set in the 50's

there's probably some piece of shit unreadable novel that covers this

2001 is THE boring movie people pretend to like

is drive the godfather of the neo era?

>Liking the Stalker
Explain yourself. Tarkovsky isn't helpless, for instance Nostalghia is interesting, but Stalker is not only boring sepia drivel, but grating as well, the lead is annoying as fuck with his constant tweaking out and nonsensical philosophizing between long gasping frenzied breaths, and then his two cohorts just staring around and whining dumbly. I'm honestly curious what you enjoy about it.

Tell me what is 2+2 without using bullshit like "4"

Anything by Christopher Nolan

autism

Not him but it's easily the most atmospheric movie I've ever seen. The cinematography and composition is absolutely god tier too.

"Boring" is not a valid argument, it only says what your mood was while watching.
Same as saying "it was fun", that does not indicate anything about the actual quality of the film whatsoever.

Blade Runner
Alien
Lord of the Rings (all of them)
Read Window
Mad Max (original)
Shawshank Redemption
Reservoir Dogs

But drive was good?

Goodfellas was the most overrated movie I ever watched. Pesci and the coke man were meant for eachother amd scorsese laid down the subtext of their true relationship but it didn't go anywhere. Pesci was obviously a homosexual in the closet, that's why he got that mad at the shine box guy. Shine box was a codeword for blowjob in sicilian mafias.
The protagonist should have dumped his jewish wife and help pesci accept his sexuality.

Lost potential.

I agree, this movie is really overrated. forgettable dialogue other than a few meme lines ("you come to my daughter wedding? xD"), no likable characters, crappy cinematography, most of the actors are amateurs with one or two lines or hollywood stars over-acting, completely predictable story, le epic killing montage at the end, and all after three hours of filler. I give it a 6/10 because its a 70s movies so you kind of expect it to suck.

Not gonna bite

Brando isn't in the movie for more than 30 minutes. It's Pacino you bitch

t. brainlet

It's not my favorite of all time, but the transformation of Michael Corleone from a naive young prince to a ruthless despot is simply sublime. The ending is chilling, when she looks in through the door at Michael's capos pledging their allegiance to him. As the door closes, she knows that he is forever lost. She knows that he lied about killing his brother-in-law, and he simply doesn't care.

If you don't see the majesty of that ending, user, I don't know what to tell you.

I actually agree with 2001 and jackie brown. to kill a mockingbird was ok for a movie you watch in school

>Brando mumble for 3 hours

you're a troll

Pulp Fiction

RICO wasn't even thought of then

>LOTR
What the fuck happened to Sup Forums?

Zodiac

No one has posted this yet.

What's wrong with zodiac?

OP you're a faggot.
you're the kind of brainlets who expected this to be some retarded action shooting movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qpfj3I18Eic
I like that part.
also your clearly don't seen it because most of the movie is centered on Michael Corleone, Vito Corleone just appears at the beginning and we don't see him very much after his shooting to his death.

I have shit taste, or at least very normie-tier taste in movies, for example my favorite movies are Braveheart, Terminator 1, Shaun of the Dead, etc. But I thought Taxi Driver was great, it was sort of a slow burn but still engaging at all times, I never felt bored through it. 2001 was also pretty good but did have boring moments.

Watched it two days ago. You're retarded.

>Top Gun
This one has to be nostalgia. I see why people might like it, but I could never imagine rewatching it..

Also every other Malick flick.

A lot of the movies on that list are boring as shit, but Groundhog Day is a great movie that most certainly still holds up today. You're wrong about that one for sure.

Godfather 1/2 are just adolescent power fantasies

At least e.g. Goodfellas was honest about it and took itself less seriously. It was literally the main character's adolescent power fantasy.

You need to watch more movies user

>The Invitation
One of the best horror movies made in recent history. It's not a super exciting thrill ride, but that doesn't make it boring.

I can see how some people might find Godfather Part II boring but the first movie isn't boring at all.

>Godfather
Good but slow as fuck
>Taxi Driver
Amazing
>2001
As far as science fiction goes barely watchable these days
>Jackie Brown
Overrated trash
>American History X
Great
>Winter Soldier
Overrated Fallout 3 ripoff
>To Kill a Mockingbird
Haven't seen it
>Groundhog day
How can you not like this
>12 Monkeys
French stuff was hip then and it reeks of it, still great

>Titanic
>boring
Are you 10 years old?

>Winter Soldier
>Fallout 3 ripoff

Sup Forums

yeah.

Pulp fiction
Forrest Gump
Goodfellas
Fight Club
Matrix
Raiders of the lost ark
Saving Private Ryan
gladiator
silence of the Lambs
Back to the future
Apocalypse Now
the Shining
Seven
Jaws
the good, the Bad and the ugly
Terminator 2
A Clockwork Orange
Full metal JAcket
Big Lebowski
The Departed
Toy Story 3
Lion King
Scarface (any version)
fargo
No country for old men

>muh suspense
>muh twist ending
Was falling asleep during it and the payoff wasn't even worth it. It was as bad as It Comes At Night.

(You)

It stole major plot points.
Just another stupid superhero movie otherwise. I don't get why people love it so much.

>Was falling asleep during it

I have borderline ADD and this is one of my favorite movies. OP is a faggot.

I hated it too, but I don't recall what plot points it stole. An evil super computer? I just don't see the connection.

>Saving Private Ryan
>boring
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
the Omaha Beach scene at the beginning is one the most intense, violent and realistic war scene ever made.

The Master.

Wow, a boring movie put someone to sleep. How crazy.

>Pulp fiction
This movie is such overrated shit. Its entire hook is regurgitated dialog one-liners and camp and 2d4u editing.
>A Clockwork Orange
proto-nothin' personnel for rebellious teens
>Lion King
Not terrible but not the best of the 90s renaissance by a long shot. Its the Frozen of its era when the real revolution was TLM which probably gets less attention because no critic wants will hang his hat on a "princess" movie but nigger talking lions? MASTERFUL.

Aladdin is better even among non-princess 90s titles.

leave this board

>Groundhog day.
>Alien

Underagefag detected.

>Explain why this symphony is good
>But without using bullshit like:
>Harmony
>Color
>Texture
>Rhythm
>Orchestration
>Development

I'm not sure if even that is as retarded as what you posted. But I'm assuming its bait anyways.

lol

You're the kind of person that unironically sees no problem with voiceover narration of story.

Malick's work is some of the very best at visually compelling story telling. Its unbelievably deep, subtle, and beautiful. The ultimate pleb filter.

I agree with this, most overrated movie ever made

This is the most embarrassing thread ever.