BCB Thread

Finally, comeuppance for this prick!

YES, LYNCHING! FINALLY!

Fuck the romance and drama, I just want to see a fucker get choked!

I just want to see Mike shunned. It seems like a fitting punishment.

As much as I jump at any opportunity to see Mike get what he deserves, this may have been a little unprovoked.

Monday promises drama of the highest quality.

I feel it's justified all things considered.

whats the context for this?

Lucy just said she was happy for Mike moving on with his girlfriend and Mike responded by telling her she was a parasite and that no one loved her.
Then he got all huffy when he saw her hanging out with the orange cat.

Posting best girl, Sue. Bonus for more Mike-strangling

Fuck mike until he's dead, let's make this comic great again.

Paulo is about to make things worse. Lucy isn't going to be happy if she finds out about this.

They won't shun him. He already told them about what he said to lucy chapters ago

yeah Paulo, physically harm mike. that's gonna go over very well with Lucy.

and if Mike gets called out then the rest of them better get called out too. at the very least sue for putting Mike and Lucy together when he wanted nothing to do with her

how many times do we need a mike callout before mike and lucy make up and make out

you might as well strap in because I guarantee that this is going to go on well into 2017.

They're already avoiding each other and Paulo's about to make it even worse for both of them

Where did this Mike hate come from?

Lucy have been ruining his life since day one. Just because he exploded and was mean to her?

>Just because he exploded and was mean to her?

Basically. the fandom tends to give Lucy a free pass for all her tsundere bullshit. That isn't to say that Mike wasn't harsher than he should have been, but a lot of people to harder than they should when they're upset.

Lucy's fans like to act like Mike caused her to attempt suicide on purpose when that wasn't what he wanted at all. He wanted her to leave him alone, not kill herself.

And the best part is that they seem to enjoy seeing when he is physically hurt. Seeing all the bullshit that happened since the start of the comic, I think those people need to drop the waifuglasses.

Back when BCB started, the anime boom was happening. People loved anime and all the character types that came with it. The tsundere being one of them. Lucy is an early tsundere. Try her character now and people would more than likely hate her

>Lucy's fans like to act like Mike caused her to attempt suicide on purpose when that wasn't what he wanted at all. He wanted her to leave him alone, not kill herself.
Yeah but he didn't care how it made her feel until she tried to kill herself.
And you know what, I get how he would want to distance himself from her. And yeah up until that point in the narrative he was handling the issue quite maturely. But then he hauls off and is a colossal douche, saying that none of their friends actually like her. And it's so fucking clear it's that he just can't get over her.
Seriously, after he tells her off and she starts getting close to Paulo and Augustus you can see how jealous he gets. He's just such a pouty little bitch, I swear to god.
In the immortal words of his own girlfriend, pic related.

I couldn't believe it when the author suddenly started playing the anime hijinks deadly serious, like smacking him around or whatever the fuck. I'm supposed to believe this shit is causing PTSD to a bunch of middle(high?)schoolers.

>And it's so fucking clear it's that he just can't get over her.

He didn't start worrying over her until she tried to kill herself between the time he cut her out of his life and that, he was living his life happily. After the suicide attempt he couldn't stop thinking about her out of guilt.

>Seriously, after he tells her off and she starts getting close to Paulo and Augustus you can see how jealous he gets

His whole problem with her was that he was her security blanket. That she just wanted someone to cling on to. Right after she confessed her love for mike and he rejected her, she transferred everything she did to him to Paulo and overheard her yelling at him about sleeping with another girl after trying to sleep with her. Mike is running off of more limited information than the readers who can see everything. As far as Mike was concerned, she just wanted someone to latch on to and that proved him right.

After that he ignored her ass, cut her out, and was happy with his life. He ignored her through most of her time when she latched onto Augustus. There was no jealousy. He didn't talk to her until Sue's botched attempt to make them friends again by sticking them together for the school play. Yeah, Lucy started getting better, but the fact remains that the people you bullied still remember what you did even if you're sorry about it. That was Tess' entire arc.

They ALL need to grow up. Lucy, Mike, and Paulo especially.

The suicide attempt is probably what drove Mike back to having feelings for her. That and his relationship with Sandy seems to be crumbling down little by little.

If you believe that I got a socially liberal and economically conservative friend for you to meet on Sup Forums.

I know it's a stretch farther than Mr. Fantastic, but it's nice to hope he'd be a big enough person to move on and try to find someone who'd make him happy.

at least then I wouldn't feel like I'm looking in the mirror

To be fair they're both insufferable faggots best case scenario is that Lucy has a successful attempt and Mike is lynched for turning into a cunt

I haven't read the webcomic in like 5 years and only now the suicide attempt and mike comeuppance happens fucking hell what was going on in between all that

Tbf she starting not-fucking the orange cat after she said the L word to Mike, who is taken by a literal model girlfriend, forcing him to finally be clear about the fact that he hated her

I'm not quite sure I follow your logic, Hoss.

Heck the CAST gives Lucy a free pass

The second two thirds of the comic are a reflection on the first third, where the author looked at the shit she drew in school and went "when you think about it it's kinda fucked up with this double standard really makes you think"
Is suicide a form of emotional manipulation?

Although the real reason is basically "I don't want my girlfriend to be worried about me."

I don't think his girlfriend wanted him to call her a parasite.

He's sort of sycophantic when it comes to pleasing her, because despite the fact that their love is genuine it is an incredibly uneven relationship, seeing as how Sandy is successful while Mike's self esteem is sinusoidal at this point

> Is suicide a form of emotional manipulation?

Yes, and one of the worst.

> Don't leave me or I will kill myself!

It's enough to destroy a person.

>Is suicide a form of emotional manipulation?

Yes. You don't really want to try and call their bluff on the chance that they're so unstable that they actually go through with it. Nobody wants that on their conscious

A calling out of mike for going in too hard on Lucy would require ALL of them to be called out for just letting her do abuse that drove him away and jumping on her side at all times. Not to mention that the Suicide was not intentional and that they'd have to really forget that to cast mike as this the absolute bad guy here.

Hell, Paulo got mike beat up by a mob because he was jealous. Him pulling this shit isn't going to fix the problem, it's going to make it worse. Also he pretty much loses any sympathy he had from that stunt Abby pulled considering he's choking Mike with his own scarf right now.

>Nobody wants that on their conscious
I do.
People who commit suicide are unworthy the gift of life.
Social Darwinism, drain the swamp of useless DNA!

>Yeah but he didn't care how it made her feel until she tried to kill herself.
Wow, you really have selective memory, don't you? Did you forget the chapter "Curtain Call"?

this page is kinda what makes the suicide issue even dumber than what it would have normally been.

instead of starting over she just tried to off herself . not to mention this is a page a lot of people seem to forget

She probably thought it'd be better if she was dead then being unable to be with Mike. Not that it makes what she did right.

What the fuck is this comic even about

Wacky school hi-jinks until it starts to be played seriously and becomes pure drama

Paulo only tries to "make Mike pay" when he sees him as an obstacle in getting into Lucy's pants. Before she showed up he didn't give a visible damn. Hypocrisy is strong with this one.

And now Paulo's situation is kinda close to Mike's - he is ready to abandon someone close to him to chase a pipe dream. I wonder whether the characters will pick up on that.

Holy shit i haven't read this comic in 4 years. Has nothing been resolved?

Lucy tried to kill themselves, an surprisingly everyone was sad but moved on after less than a month in story time. Paulo is now bisexual, Abbey was forced to stay in his relationship with Daisy, and there is now some actual friction between Mike and Sandy's relationship

sometimes people who are contemplating suicide go through a period where they are happy and do things they wouldn't normally do. That's typically a huge warning sign, like it is in this chapter, where she genuinely compliments Sue's play and smiles when talking to Mike.

>Paulo is now bisexual
I still have no idea why they did this

At least now we can say he's a faggot in nearly every sense of the word.

Probably to capitalize on the very vocal Tumblr shippers. Too bad they just scream about wanting things instead of making donations or buying things.

>Make donations and buy shit to influence the story your way
Has this ever been done

The comic is Tae's and Suit's livelihood. Somebody must be giving them money for that to be possible.

How much do I donate for more of Paulo's dad? no sexual, I just wanna see wacky antics with him and paulo

>Paulo only tries to "make Mike pay" when he sees him as an obstacle in getting into Lucy's pants
Not to mention he was the one who was all over her not giving any space, mike kept his distance.

He is eventually going to explode on lucy if mike tries to reconcile with her (or she tries to reconcile with him), and do something REALLY stupid and (probably) be the one shunned rather than mike.

Probably a buttload, accompanied with a very forward request for such. Taeshi has said she doesn't want to do very much with the parents because it distracts from the main story. Or get a bunch of Tumblrites to scream about it.

I just want everyone to be happy. Why has Taeshi made things drag on so long? I remember way back when she said the comic only had a couple years left.

potential for more drama in the future

To not have character development, but to create the illusion of character development

I think a lot of things that happened in the comic a few years ago were really trying to bait us against Sandy but had the end result of us hating Mike

Nah, there was nothing really to indicate that Sandy even HAD flaws until the second most recent chapter

Not condoning Paulo's behaviour here, but it's not really the same thing. He's being out in the open with his action, and despite his anger of the situation he still cares about Mike as a friend and has done plenty to prove that. Abbey can't handle Paulo's bants and harbors a deep resentment toward him, he barely even understands Paulo as a person and is just a giant dick toward him and feels righteous about doing it. He acted against Paulo in secrecy because he knows no one would have been cool about what he did, and he's hurting his own girlfriend by forcing one of her best friends from childhood to ignore her with no explanation, all because he thinks Paulo is going to try to make a move on her when everyone else knows he respects her too much for that. Abbey's jealousy and violent tendencies far outstrip Paulo's rash behaviour, in my opinion.

There was no evidence in-story that Sandy had flaws, that's true, but I think it's obvious that it was only a matter of time until things start surfacing. It's one of those subjects you're supposed to contemplate on, given her situation. She's a model who's been painted to be perfection incarnate, obviously that's going to be far from the truth. She's likely to be a brat and snobbish, although I was surprised with how understanding she was overall with Mike. I'm personally expecting it to come out that she's been cheating on him. In her industry it'd be hard to believe she hasn't had opportunities to do so and it'd explain why she broke down.

She "broke down?"

The thing is, her "flaw" isn't really a "flaw". It's just a difference. She's gone way beyond being a high school student at this point, she's basically a young adult. So she's having a hard time understanding the way Mike essentially is a kid his actual age.

Given what little we've seen from her life, I don't think she has any actual friends other than Mike.

She started crying in Mike's room, so yeah? You really think that's just because she was so happy Mike is a nice person? I definitely believe it was because of guilt. Because Mike has been better to her than she has been to him.

She's also talked about other people to Mike, so I don't know why you'd think that. They might be her "coworkers" but they're probably also her friends.

Is this comic worth reading or is it just melodramatic high school drama?

It's a melodramatic high school drama, but while it tends to drag on, I find the characters interesting and for the most part highly likeable. Everyone I've ever persuaded to read it has really liked it and kept up with it, but I doubt it'd be for everyone. Just try it and see for yourself. Be warned the early chapters have art that leaves a lot to be desired though.

From personal experience giving and recieving
Yes
And its godawful

Oh, another thing... I wouldn't be surprised if Suitcase is here in this thread. I know he's been here before. If you guys are here...

Please write a chapter about Augustus soon I'm dying to find out what he's been up to and I unironically love him. (I know all the chapters are preplanned so I'm half joking) I stealth ship him with Daisy but Lucy would also be good.

Did we ever get confirmation of attempted suicide?
For all he hints we're given the worst is she got temporarily hospitalized on a psych hold while her parents moved her to a boarding school.

He already got a chapter and it was kinda meh.
Honestly not a whole lot going on behind the scenes with him.

No, I don't think so, it was just heavily implied. We still have no idea what actually went on after Augustus left her on the roof. I think. It's been a while since I've seen that chapter to be honest.

Don't make me sad man. I need more edgelord cat in this comic.

Its a damn shame.
Those extra comics with the parents are gold.

He's SHIT and your SHIT for husbandoing him
Tess needs a comeback for statutory rape purposes, if we're going to play ships
TessxPaulo a best

Woah, relax man. I just love edgy goth boys. It's a thing, don't hate me for it.

At least I think you have good taste, Tess and Paulo were good together. In terms of who Paulo pairs best with my vote is Lucy > Tess > Rachel > Jazz > Everyone else.

He doesnt have eyeliner, he aint goth.
Honestly augustus doesnt have a bad personality, but other than his connection to daisy, which has been all but dropped for now, and a slight connection with lucy, hes sort of a lost character.
Theres so much taeshi can do but wont/cant because of imagined constraints and god knows what else.

>He doesnt have eyeliner, he aint goth
You're not serious, are you? In all actuality he isn't goth because he probably doesn't listen to goth music or care about the culture, but he dresses pretty fucking basic goth by all standards or, if we're being nitpicky, some other variation of dark alternative fashion. I said goth because it's the easiest way to sum it up.

I think Goblins did it.

She loves the parents! She wants to do more with them if she can.

You will like this chapter

Oh yes, I knew you'd be lurking here. Thank you for the heads up my man. I'm excited now.

I have to say, that art went through a lot and it's pretty cleaned up currently. But then again, it's been what? 9 years?

>he barely even understands Paulo as a person and is just a giant dick toward him and feels righteous about doing it.

Paulo doesn't do anything to help matters. He constantly shit talks Abbey, the kid with known anger issues, and does nothing else. People aren't going to want to hear that shit every time they see you. Paulo should be able to tell who can deal with his shit and who can't.

>Lucy would also be good
As much as I dislike thinking about it, they're going to hook up. I'm calling it now.

>"A real friend would NEVER hut you...ever!!"

So...have I just been doing it wrong for the past 4 years?

>four years
>four years...

Obama?

>he barely even understands Paulo as a person and is just a giant dick toward him and feels righteous about doing it.

Paulo does nothing but make fun of him though.

>He can't handle Paulo's bants

There's a difference between banter every now and then and banter every time you see a person and you don't even say anything to them. Eventually someone gets tired of it. They don't attempt to understand the other person because that's all that they see them do. Make fun of people.

Let's not forget that this is the guy that told him he should stay with daisy because, "No one else cares about your dead mother." Abbey is recovering from his abusive dad and his own anger issues, all Paulo ever does is disrupt that. That's just kind of how he is but no one else in the group tells him to lay off. Not mike, not daisy, maybe sue but who pays attention to sue and david is the epitome ofchaotic neutral so he doesn't care.

Their whole circle of friends are shit.

Didn't they made a Into-the-Future story which was for paiyers-only with Mike and Lucy married and everything going to shit so he dumps ehr and goes back to Sandy?

I still don't feel she has been given enough "flaws". She is the ideal winning girl and nothing else. Makes her a really boring character.

>Their whole circle of friends are shit.

Pretty much. You can't really pin the blame on a single person. Everyone has equal ammounts of douchbaggery because they feel more entiteled than evrybody else.

The mroe I think about it, I think Daisy is the only reason why the group hasn't dissolved and they still hang out.

There was a two-part draw stream thing where mike and lucy are married with a kid, but they are going through a really shitty divorce and he is taking the kid with him.

Then the little shit punches him in the dick, because fuck him, right? Although as far as things were implied, he kinda deserved it.

But the artist draws all sorts of insane bullshit in the draw stream so calling this canon is out of the question.

Reading the comic...

Whooohoho boy. So what´s the problem with people attacking a Woman as a friendwrecker for, literally, pointing that being kicked, slapped and punched for no reason at all is not "tough love", and that no "friend´s quarrel" come from only one doing the punching?

Kinda worrying that. Or just being a summerkid and all webcomics fans are blindtards like that?

>all webcomics fans are blindtards like that?
It's the people who got their ships wrecked. They've become the "Bitter" in Bittersweet Candy Bowl.

Abbey's just going to have more excuses to hate Paulo's ass. His hatred of Paulo far exceeds his feelings over what Mike did. Just look at him.

Taeshi was projecting a bit into him.

so he can end up with best boy david and then ruin their friendship so he can now be truly alone

>. That's just kind of how he is but no one else in the group tells him to lay off.

Well Daisy did, but that was after Abbey finally asked her why she she just lets him do it. Paulo then preceded to turn into a bitch and start avoiding her.

But yeah their group of friends is basically shitty like you said. Nobody but Abbey and sometimes sue tells Paulo to knock it off with his banter. And in Mikes case, nobody told Lucy to lay off with the physical abuse. Not to mention that when he told them he was in a long distance relationship with Sandy, they told him she didn't matter and to dump her for Lucy. Plus Paulo got him beat up by a gang of girls because he was jealous.

Sandy's concern lead to the sinking of one of the comic's biggest ships at the time. Shippers villainize the fuck out of anyone who sinks their ship. They were calling for Sandy's head way before that moment and her recent date with Mike.

>beat up by a gang of girls
To be fair that was back when anime-esque levels of violence were acceptable as comedic.

>Reading, discussing and promoting low effort, pandering garbage.

You fuckers are as bad as /doag/.

>bumping a thread you hate
True genius.

> /doag/

wut

>Implying Paulo won't end up in a relationship with Abbey

>worst boys ending up together
actually that doesn't sound so bad except from being extremely ooc

>Posting best girl, Sue
Sue is a cute! CUTE!

Is Taeshi infamous on Sup Forums?

every time I see a BCB thread I have to post the picture I asked Taeshi to draw one time when she would lurk Sup Forums. I keep trying to get Kaz to draw this in his style but he never does.