Why do most people say "RIP Cartoon Network 1992-2004" or thereabouts?

Why do most people say "RIP Cartoon Network 1992-2004" or thereabouts?

The CN City era began in 2004, and it's widely considered their best and most creative era, with all of their characters old and new interacting in an expansive environment. So... pray, tell, how could CN die in the year where their best era EVER began?

If anything, CN died in 2007. NOT 2004.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r_1G0iWgGis
youtube.com/watch?v=KsBgHPsD2LY
youtube.com/watch?v=PSJtYR6XRo4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The City was the GOAT Era, GOAT bumpers, GOAT everything.

Who is this butthurt poster so concerned with correcting the record over when CN 'died'?

2004 or 2007. What difference does it make to you?

I'm not one of the idiots who say that but I pretty much stopped watching CN in 2004, not because I thought the quality went down, but because I was in my teens and went elsewhere for entertainment

I think people who say it are my age and think because they stopped it meant everything went shit

More like it died in 2006. Welcome to the year of Gym Partner, Squirrel Boy, and Re-Animated.

I know Gym Partner's first episode aired in 2005, but it didn't start airing regularly until Feb 2006.

Gym partner was great. I'd say 2006 CN was something of a decline. But 2007 was the real, "concrete" death.

After the Boston bomb scare incident in February 07, Stu "Jew" Snyder took over as president. Under his watch,
-CN City ended in June 07
-The beloved Fridays block ended in Feb 07 and was replaced with the poor Fried Dynamite
-The shitty version of Toonami began (the one with soccerball-faced TOM as the mascot) in March 2007
-The seeds of CN Real were planted in Sept 07 with the show Out of Jimmy's Head*
-HORRIFIC new shows like Chowder and Flapjack came in, etc.

*I know the Re-Animated movie came out before this, but I feel like the situation is different and Jimmy's head marked the "real death". Movies on CN tend to come and go and don't have much of an impact, while TV shows make up more of the schedule.

>HORRIFIC new shows like Chowder and Flapjack came in, etc.
I don't know how those shows that literally got half of todays current cartoon creators their jobs but ok.

CN Real was it's death
Anything before was just its dying and 2007-08 like mentioned, was just life support.
Chowder and Flapjack are amazing.
Flapjack is a staple to modern cartoons.

Flapjack sucked ass. It was nothing like the Cartoon Cartoons. Same with Chowder and Gym Partner.

>begin with convincing argument
>list of facts that pretty much everyone agrees with
>end with caustic opinion on something lots of people love, presented alongside the list of facts

more people should put this much effort into their troll posts

Bring back CN City?

STOP POSTING THIS FUCKING MEME THREAD

Chowder was pretty funny, but pretty much this post right here.

Doesn't help that CN only plays TTG now with a Clarence here, an SU there and a WBB once in a blue moon. Theres no variety like there used to be. I wouldnt be surprised if they just ended CN.

June was a cutie

Because 04-06, were some of CN's best years. Toonami on Saturdays (discounting DICE and Wulin Warriors), Miguzi, Adult Swim, The Graveyard Shift, Fridays, the 10:00 hour, Uncut DBZ, JLU, Teen Titans, Megas XLR, IGPX, (some) Static Shock, Ozzy and Drix, Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, Class of 3000, the City-era bumps, and cartoons that were actually funny (Billy and Mandy). PLUS we had reruns of shows from the '90s still on (Dexter, Johnny Bravo, PPG).

Yet everyone lumps them in with the Snyder shit of 07-09. I'm here to Correct the RecordĀ® on cn's history, so the mid 00s can be appreciated more.

Bump

Enjoy

youtube.com/watch?v=r_1G0iWgGis
youtube.com/watch?v=KsBgHPsD2LY
youtube.com/watch?v=PSJtYR6XRo4

>the only interesting thing CN aired was fucking COMMERCIALS

And you wonder why people ignore it.

>this era was better than previous era because of bumpers/ads

Why are people so fucking stupid

Are there ANY channels in general that have good bumpers? The only one with good bumpers that I can think of is TCM.

Yes, CN during the Powerhouse and City eras. They looked expensive, and that's a good thing.

>"They looked expensive, and that's a good thing."
t. Apple user

>it's widely considered their best and most creative era

By "widely considered" you obviously mean "I was a kid then so I have nostalgia for it and must assume everyone else does to."

Truuuu

exactly

CN PREHISTORY: 1992-1996

>Repeats of old Hanna-Barbera shows from the 70's
>Also Space Ghost.

THE FIRST NOBLE AGE OF CN: 1996-2001

ERA BEGAN WITH: The Premiere of Dexter's Lab

>Johnny Bravo
>Cow and Chicken
>Courage the Cowardly Dog

THE GOLDEN AGE OF CN: 2001-2007:

ERA BEGAN WITH: The premiere of Samurai Jack.

>Powerpuff Girls (best seasons)
>Ed, Edd and Eddy (best seasons)
>Kids Next Door
>Teen Titans
>Justice League
>Foster's
>Duck Dodgers
>Megas XLR

THE SHIT ERA of CN: 2007-2010

ERA BEGAN WITH: The start of CN Real

>Toonami cancelled
>Nearly all shows mentioned above cancelled by this point
>Out of Jimmy's Head
>Dude, what would happen?
>Incredible Crew
>Basically just garbage except for Chowder and Flapjack.

THE SILVER AGE OF CN: 2010-PRESENT

ERA BEGAN WITH: The premiere of Adventure Time

>Young Justice
>Star Wars: The Clone Wars
>Scooby Doo: Mysteries Inc
>Regular Show
>Gumball
>Steven Universe
>We Bare Bears
>Clarence
>Over the Garden Wall

In your 01-07 section, you're forgetting some awesome shows like Hi Hi puffy ami yumi, Code Lyoko, Juniper lee, Class of 3000, Ozzy and Drix, and Camp Lazlo.

They got rid of Hamtaro, thats why, if they just dub the later seasons and say "Maggie is from Arizona" they would of left CN in a much better place.

>not liking Dude what would happen
>silver age: Edgy Justice, Fugly Star Wars, edgy Scooby Doo
have sex

18+ to post here

I'm 21

Don't get me wrong, I loved the Powerhouse era too, but I love the City era a bit more. Basically, my Cn prime watching years were 2000 to 2006.

Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi isn't as great as you remember, trust me

CN's city era and Nickelodeon from it's inception to somewhere in the 90s

Agree

Gross and greasy

>Adult Swim technically ruined CN

What?

This
Shaddup

Ozzy and Drix and Code Lyoko were not original CN shows.

To be fair, a lot of that stupid was actually Jim Samples' idea (for instance, the TOM facelift was already planned and had commercials for it airing in Jan 2007).

He resigned *just* in time to dump the really bad shit on poor Stu, similar to how Bush dumped the Great Recession on Obama when he left office

I think it's mostly their fault, but not entirely

Is there a link to CN City's theme song

I agree.

morons
Cartoon Network died in 1994, when they began gutting the network with shitty original content, instead of just airing the classics like they should

Mostly muh nostalgia fags

Not that its a bad thing

Underrated

"The things I liked when I was a kid were the best things at the best time and everything else is worse."

And that's how Trump gets elected.

>THE SILVER AGE OF CN: 2010-PRESENT
I'd say we've been in the Dark Age of CN ever since 2015 actually.

I want to say the moment Teen Titans Go aired, but things were still good back in 2013. Things are just shit now

>not liking Dude what would happen
Why the fuck would anybody like that?

You can't realistically be thinking Cartoon Network, or even cartoons in general, is actually good right now?

So they were right, you mean?

Toonami's bumpers were GOAT

>Static Shock, Ozzy and Drix, Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, Class of 3000, Juniper Lee.

Pretty garbage line up if you ask me. Wasn't 'The Cramp Twins' & Squirrel Boy also part of this era? Two more awful shows.

>Static Shock, Ozzy and Drix
These were Kids WB shows first before they went to CN

Those shows weren't great but they weren't really bad

Cramp Twins and Squirrel Boy were shit though yes

>Toonami canceled
You mean T.O.M. 4 era+cancellation

You should also included the gradual loss of time slots to king of the hill and family guy reruns on adult swim

>You can't realistically be thinking Cartoon Network, or even cartoons in general, is actually good right now?

No, they're exactly the same crap that was out at any other time, just in another flavor.

>No, they're exactly the same crap that was out at any other time
Wrong

>Wrong

Wrong.

whaaat ?
no Mike Lu and ogg ?

almost 25 years

Blame these two stoners

why does MAD get the center, it was mediocre at best and I'm saying that with a bunch of nostalgia to back it up

No blame Boston for being a bunch of fucking pussies

>-The beloved Fridays block ended in Feb 07 and was replaced with the poor Fried Dynamite
I don't even remember Fried Dynamite

>-HORRIFIC new shows like Chowder and Flapjack came in, etc.

Those weren't bad

Everything else is right.