Friendly Comfy Horror Thread

Since Halloween is coming soon, let's have a nice friendly horror thread. No one gives a single fuck if you didn't find a movie scary, you big tough guy you. Post top 10's, essential films, and best kino here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qKwTMT4NEC0
youtube.com/watch?v=3QFnMw3fi0M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sneed

Just finished pic. thanks to all that recommended. It's the standard deal with the devil film, but very well paced.

Prince Of Darkness is underated as fuck.

The Hitcher
ReAnimator

Rampo-core
>Horrors of Malformed Men
>Moju: The Blind Beast
>The Black Lizard

one of the things i loved about blair witch is that it didn't try to force you to feel things through an overbearing soundtrack. what other horror films don't use music in an obnoxious way?

The Blob (1988) was kind of comfy

Just watched monster squad...d-does that count?

This is why the new It bothered me. The music was way too much.

>The Hitcher
hell yes, good one there.
Very underrated. Really well shot and some pretty sick moments.

Hell yeah

Pretty bitchin' soundtrack, too.

I just watched Monster Squad yesterday. Comfy kino. Thinking about watching Fright Night tonight. Worth checking out? I really like the poster as well.

CORN RIGS ARE BONNY

I actually like the more "family friendly" type horror movies. They tend to have more depth to them then just blood and guts. Favorites include:
The Gate
The Watcher in the Woods
Arachnophobia (Bonus points for John Goodman)
The Lady in White
Twilight Zone: The Movie

The song Alice Cooper made for the movie is amazing
youtube.com/watch?v=qKwTMT4NEC0

>watch the magic punkin

Crazy underrated. Like some 'people' consider it the worst Halloween movie. I don't know how's that's possible since Busta Rhymes was in Resurrection

>comfy spooktober Sup Forums threads

It begins

Kwaidan, the 3-hour Japanese ghost film anthology from 1964. Someone said that the film's lush, creepy color scheme influenced Kubrick's work on "2001."

How do you do, fellow mummies?

THIS IS NOT A DREAM

>Kwaidan, the 3-hour Japanese ghost film anthology from 1964. Someone said that the film's lush, creepy color scheme influenced Kubrick's work on "2001."

prince of darkness was a big fat pile of shit as a whole but it had some really cool stuff in it

I ONCE WAS LOST

If you are going to shit on a movie, at least post some that you liked to continue the discussion. "It's shit" doesn't really help the thread.

>Halloween is coming soon
It's 40 days away you autist. At least wait until October.

In no particular order
The Thing
Alien
Evil Dead 2
Dog soldiers
Return of the Living Dead
Trick'r treat
Sleepy Hollow
The Fog
Resident Evil
In the Mouth of Madness

>the thing
>not during the winter
idk senpai

Have you guys seen the Showtime show Masters of Horror? I remember renting an episode about a Minotaur and it was good. Can you stream that show this year?

These are all great.

Not too much into the found footage gimmick personally but the first time I've seen Rec I was with a group of friends and it was pretty fun.

I'm surprised no one's posted this yet.

John Carpenter's Cigarette Burns was pretty good even if it was kind of a ripoff of that Nosferatu episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark.

Avoid this. By the numbers bullshit. It was recommended to me as a top tier home invasion horror but it just ended up pissing me off since I was comparing it to movies like You're Next and Hush.

Halloween is coming early this year

The thing isnt even horror

My wife liked it, but i found it frustrated because the characters made the stupidest decisions. I guess it got an emotional response, though.

what are you talking about, it was based on The Thing from Another World. Both of them are most certainly horror.

What did her son think about it?

It was like a microcosm of everything I hate really. Stupid character decisions, human antagonists that function like teleporting invincible horror monsters, "why are you doing this? just because lol", spoiling the movie on the poster.

Name a director who made more comfy horror films than Capenter?

Christine btw

The Strangers is the kind of horror that millennial women seem to enjoy. It does nothing for me.

Literally the best Halloween movie for my money. Don't expect everyone, or many, to agree. But I like it best.

okay

I absolutely loved this movie. The sequel promised to add on some stuff, but the third and on gave up on the lore and just turned out to be massive shitfest of lol-wut deaths.

>Wikipedia
Irrelevant, horror movies need to be scary, its just sci fi
Not scary

But "scary" is subjective?

>movies need to be scary
here we go, there's one of you jack offs in every thread. Just fuck off to a GoT thread already.

Go fuck yourself.

One of the best horror movies in years gets called a thriller because there's no monsters in it.

Yes horror movies need to be scary, Thats the point
Edgy

was there going to be a pic with this?

Also, I liked this movie, and if you are a fan of William Peter Blatty check out the ninth configuration
87948710 - just going to hide your posts and move on.

>I need my safespace
Lol so Angry cant even quote properly reddit boy

Justed watched with the gf, definitely a good Halloween movie

This. OH GOD! OH JEEEEEEZUS CHERIST!!

I'd say it's the second best one after the original, it really should have become an anthology series after 2

It doesn't get anymore comfier than Hammer horror.

Time for bed Ryan.

Give me every horror movie that has satan in it.

that's a couple of twins there. mildly nsfw

It's the best one out of the Karnstein trilogy tbqh.

Night of the Creeps is a classic
Fright Night is fantastic

Who doesn't like lesbian vampires? The Vampire Lovers was pretty good when it was first released, but yeah Twins was a much better movie.

Anything with Peter Cushing is instantly comfy for me.

I still haven't seen the first one, only all the shitty sequels.

Watch Funny Games instead.

Hush started off cool, but then kinda ruined itself by the baddie taking his mask off, talking and generally being too present.

I disagree, Hush is fantastic for those same reasons. The killer feels like a character and not just some evil force for the protagonist to defeat. He's basically the anti-Mike Meyers, I loved it.

Just finished this gem. Excellent imagery and doesn't beat you over the head with it's ideas. Makes you think. Very creepy. Also a neat/horrifying allegory for female sexuality, maybe.

I thought it was fine.
Standard horror film, I'd give it a 6/10.
Good fun but better to watch with a group otherwise it'd be a bit boring imo.

Also the Spanish actress playing the main character is a qt.

Ninth Configuration was great until I got to the part with that goofy-ass biker gang.

Man, growing up on Hammer horror and Roger Corman's AIP shit during AMC's Monster-Fest blocks. I'll never be as comfy again...

How is that even horror lmao this board is a joke

This is one of my favorites. If you like the '80s then you'll like it.

Have you seen The Stuff? Also very comfy.

Hammer horror is such tit-kino.

>that horror film you dismissed as mainstream bullshit that you chucked on only because it was sitting in your downloads folder and you had nothing else to watch
>turns out to be fucking fantastic

What's her name Sup Forums?
Pic related for me, can't believe WWE Studios put this out.

>watched the latest half in the bag
>jay praises this movie for actually being scary
>most boring shit imaginable

It's like someone extended those "My house is haunted" tv shows to 90 minutes and this is what you'd get.

>Twilight Zone: The Movie
Dude that version of Nightmare at 20,000 Feet and the guy who goes "wanna see something really scary" scared the heck out of me as a child.

Also, I saw Creepshow at a drive-in the other day. Was super comfy.

Does another atmospheric medieval horror film exist? The closest I could find was black death and it wasn't really horror, I really digged the setting and imagery.

Here to second this as a nice comfy little B movie

Fuck modern horror.

I thought this movie was going to be absolute shit. I wanted nothing to do with it when it came out. After all of the shitty saw sequels and Dead Silence, then getting burned with darth maul in Insidious, I thought there was literally no way this movie would be good. I love it now, and might like part 2 even more, just because I felt bad for the kids in 2, and they seemed to act somewhat well for child actors.

Another Valerie Leon fan? My nigga.

I feel the Thing is more Sci-Fi than horror. Don't get me wrong, it's a good movie, but it's praised way too often here and is a bit overrated.

Looks interesting. I'll check this out. thanks, user.

pleeeeease come say how doooooo

ayyy

youtube.com/watch?v=3QFnMw3fi0M

The VVitch for me. I was sure it would suck.

I loved Oculus too though. Surprisingly well done especially considering the genre.

Hammer always had the best buxom wenches.