Man

Man.

These two are terrible.

Gives me very low hopes for Darkseid.

The only worse Joker I can think of is that shitty one Brent Spiner did on Young Justice.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lvlSQ9UkSqU
youtube.com/watch?v=SS3uXgGGPPE
youtube.com/watch?v=sPpWzS3nCwM
youtube.com/watch?v=A6f-6l0W-0o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Eisenberg was supposed to be CIA Jimmy

Yup

The rest >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Leto>Telltale Joker>>>>>>>YJoker

What did they do with Telltale Joker? I haven't kept up with that.

I feel like if he hadn't played Lex the movie would have been much better. Every time you start to think the movie could be good this ganglebones ADHD fuckwit reminds you that this is supposed to be one of Supermans big bad villians.

I'd have much prefered him being a sort of reimagined Toyman- an eccentric billionaire with a love of technology and a crazy side who goes gaga over seeing what Kyrptonian technology can do. Doomsday could have been an attempt at making a 'bigger and better' Superman of his own that blew up in his face. Bizarro could have been his second attempt, funded perhaps by Lexcorp after Supermans death.

youtube.com/watch?v=lvlSQ9UkSqU

They're trying to cash in on the Loki fangirls.

DoJ's Lex wasn't a good "Lex" but I still think he was a cool villain. He had good lines.

At least Loki had charisma and some dignity.

These guys were just assclowns the whole way through.

Is there a reason the cinematic universe movies always have such shitty villains?

>These guys were just assclowns the whole way through
Perfect Joker

I want to watch him slip a Jolly Rancher into Joker's mouth.

How can they make a Darkseid that is worse than Justice League War Darkseid?

I have every confidence that they will find a way.

Honka Honka, my cuck-padre.

I can't wait for the future movie that has them in a scene together. Lex will be bouncing around the room, giggling and waving his arms around. Joker will stand in place, glaring and growling.

Lex was great, Joker was pretty lame.

good villains arent funny ;^)

>one of Supermans big bad villians

Not one of, THE. THE Superman villain. He was playing Lex fucking Luthor, for God's sake.

Lex was okay insofar as what the movie was doing, but he's absolutely nothing like Lex Luthor.

Then again, Snyder's Superman is absolutely nothing like Superman, so maybe that's fitting.

I definitely think people need to relax about adaptations being faithful.

I actually liked this take on the Joker, however I don't know what would be the right word for his style in english - gangbanger ? Gangsta ? You know, a criminal who's about being flamboyant and over the top, with a high lifestyle full of flash, everything engraved and gold plated. Not a classic Joker but the movies have to mix it up and show new visions of the character and I felt he wanted to be... "modern" ?

But that Luthor, phew, not the best they've could've done. Not that the Luthor in the classic movies was a quiet badass, quite the opposite. But what they were going with was again, an image of "modern" boss - a young guy with an idea that got him rich quick, rides a motorcycle and plays basketball with his employees, but is a smarmy asshole behind the pleasant exterior.

You know what? Fuck it, just make him Al Yankovic like in TTG. Maybe if we make it someone so unsuited for the role, it will circle around and end up a great performance?

If you're going to do a different take on a character, you at least need to do it well. Everyone should be embarrassed about Jesse Lex. Its like if someone took Tommy Lee Jones's Two Face and put him in The Dark Knight

He's like a mixture of sane Joker it's overall not that bad.

Yeah seemed like he was like a Silicon Valley CEO who tries to project a cool exterior but is secretly driven by weird philosophies and drives. Honestly a lot of those guys are almost real life supervillains.

I don't understand why in every thread there are still people saying this. He wasn't Lex Luthor, he was his son, Alexander Luthor. He makes kinda a big deal of it in the movie, y'know, for the whole orphan connection between the three. Lex Luthor is missing/dead.

He was good though.

youtube.com/watch?v=SS3uXgGGPPE

>Telltale Joker
but we haven't even seen that much of him

You're an idiot. The character is Lex Luthor, they just changed a few biographical details to suit the narrative. There's not going to be another Lex in later films.

Have the actors switch roles

What changes?

Yeah, keep telling yourself that. Some composure and dignity like he just completed his masterstroke would have been nice instead of an autistic spaz who is acting like he just pulled the greatest prank on his roommate

You are most definitely SO stupid

People just have no imagination, I remember all the fancasting before the movie was made, it was all just actors who had played bald characters. They did something different with Lex in this movie, it's just that people are too humourless to appreciate it.

I never said there was going to be another Lex in later films. What I said is that this is not Lex Luthor, this is Alexander Luthor, the Lex Luthor babies whine about wanting to see is dead in this Elseworlds. You can't change biographical details so heavily without changing the character, especially the age differences. I'm sorry, but if you can't see that, you are the idiot.

You're not even trying are you?

They'll make Darkseid a twink like Michael Cera or something.

People are so used to Marvel sucking their dick that they don't know what to do when Snyder pisses in their face. He has a real contempt for the audience that I enjoy.

They were both great.

Notice how this thread stays up but any thread criticizing Marvel gets taken down. Coincidence? Or Mouse Mods?

If the character bears no resemblance to the original, why even make them that character? Like if I made an X-Men movie and said Cyclops was in it, then when he appears on screen he's a polar bear riding a tricycle, it's kind of pointless to call him Cyclops, isn't it? It's possible to do a fresh take on a character but still remain true to who that character is. Lex Luthor is not some dork with aspergers and the Joker isn't... whatever the fuck Leto was supposed to be.

but he got his head shaved dude

>Giving the Joker tattoos is akin to casting a polar bear as a person

Jesus how you people survive through comic book events will always puzzle me. I can't imagine the shit you went through when Joker wore a jumpsuit for most of New52 Batman instead of a purple tux. That must have been like getting a T-Rex to play the Invisible jet!

>The only worse Joker I can think of is that shitty one Brent Spiner did on Young Justice.

That episode makes more sense if the part was originally written for the Riddler and switched to the Joker with minimal script changes.

Eisenberg is DCEU Luthor as much as Colonel Helmut Zemo is MCU Baron Zemo. All they did was change the origin, not make a new character.

Telltale Joker was fine, though.
I actually like how he's trying to manipulate you by acting friendly and affable but ultimately sucks at hiding his true nature.

Tell me, will he show up in Justice League with "bald" tattooed on his forehead?

both were great y'faggot

Its because threads that criticize Marvel are just "HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA" and I would rather avoid this board becoming shit like Sup Forums.

The DCEU is just a disaster. It's rife with mismanagement, it's too forcibly edgy, and it was made with poor understanding of the source material. DC and Warner Bros. need to pull the plug on the whole thing, and start over from scratch.

bullshit, there a lot to criticises and they always are

nah

Novelty has a quality all it's own, but novelty is not the same thing as quality

Are you on crazy pills? One of the most consistent complaints about the Marvel movies is that the villains are bad

The difference being that if you ruin Baron Von Zemo or Ronan the Accuser you're just wasting an opportunity to do something cool with an unproven prospect, as opposed to actively messing up with pre-established iconic characters like Lex and Joker

How do you think the DCEU's going to portray Darkseid anyway? At the rate things are going, I'm almost expecting the fem!Darkseid Sup Forums came up with ages ago.

The sad part is that most of his key dialogue is actually okay. Rather it's Eisenberg's retarded performance that botched the whole experience for me. That part when he throws the pictures of Martha in the face of a broken Superman? Great stuff except it was Eisenberg playing the part.

Zemo was great though
I had nothing to do with comic Zemo, but it was great

That was Brent Spiner? How'd they mess that up?Spiner has a sense of humor, he should have been a great Joker.

I didn't like Leto's Joker, his acting was very forced and contrived for me... then again I hated Suicide Squad, could have done without it.

As for Eisenlex, even though his performance was over-the-top and hammy, I enjoyed it. People seem to forget that one: It's Lex JUNIOR, not Lex SENIOR, and two: It's not really so much a different take on a character, remember Lex started out as a mad scientist type in the comics, he wasn't always a cold, calculating businessman like we know him to be.

It will be interesting to see cold, calculating Lex in Justice League and Man of Steel 2. Now that he's been disgraced in the public eye, I wonder how he will begin to improve his image.

It's honestly so bizzare since Zod was such a great villain.

they are both awesome

What is so bad about War Darkseid?

He acts like every other version of Darkside

kek

TT Joker was great. You're just a whiny faggot.

>People seem to forget that one: It's Lex JUNIOR, not Lex SENIOR
You're not the first person to make this argument in this thread alone and nobody cares, it's still bullshit

>It will be interesting to see cold, calculating Lex in Justice League and Man of Steel 2
This is what people said about MoS' Superman. "No don't worry, in the next movie, he'll be the REAL character we know"

youtube.com/watch?v=sPpWzS3nCwM
could have been worse

Hey, at least they're better than any MCU """villain."""

The rest of the villains in suicide squad were fine so I thin they will pull off darkseid too.

>worse than Justice League War Darkseid

What?

Heisenberg would've been a better Joker. In fact, that will make the series better.

>Luthor in BvS is actually the real Joker.
>the Joker in Suicide Squad was a Robin brainwashed into thinking hes the Joker

I think some of that could be blamed on Snyder directing him.

This clip seems much closer to Lex Luthor than in the actual movie
youtube.com/watch?v=A6f-6l0W-0o

Lex was a fantastic lex, only pleasant and dcau casuals think lex should be cool.

Lex was a perfect character to hate. I know casuals that only watch capeshit movies dont know this, but you don't need to think the villian is cool or sexy

In what way? Loki had motivation, a good hook for backstory and looked like a twink.

The fuck does Leto's Joker have in common with that? Loki doesn't even have a love interest.

CUTE

Leto's Joker was just fine. Most of the one shitting on his portrayal are likely fangirls of Ledger's take and it's what they are used to. My gripe with Leto was there wasn't enough of him, he was just a glorified side character , while other Joker's got to be the main villain of their respective films and have actual development and screen time

Glad you don't write for movies.

Fuck, if he actually acted like that he might have actually made for decent young Lex, instead we got the retarded Joker-lite in the movie

The only thing I didn't like about him is how he actually seemed to portray Joker as clinically insane and borderline unhinged instead of being a conniving manipulator.

Lex should've played Joker from the start. I haven't seen SS, nor do I plan to. I could just watch Assault on Arkham and get my fix, although I'm not super keen on Baker's Joker.

Not enough, I feel they suffered more from poor direction and script.

Autism's a helluva drug

If you just pretend Eisenburg is playing the Riddler....

What was wrong with them? Please note that "not muh" is not a valid complaint.

Smallville's Luther was by and far better than DoJ Luther.

>Please note that "not muh" is not a valid complaint.
I don't even care for comic/DCAU Luthor but Eisenberg made me not take the character seriously at all and it had jackshit to do with "not muh" since I don't even know enough about Superman to make that claim.

He was non-threatening and he had little to no charisma in the role which is sad because the script, while I found to be interesting, felt like it was ruined by some sperg's botched performance.

I'm alright with this

This would be clever.

That said, this feels too clever for someone like Snyder to pull off, so I can't see this actually being the case.

What was wrong with Warseid?

He was big, intimidating, and was a legitimate enough threat that even with the entire Justice League working together, all they could do was blind him and send him back home. Even blind he was still smacking the shit out of them.

I have to say I think Snyder got the Luthor he wanted, otherwise he wouldn't have signed off on Jesse "I play one character" Eisenberg for the role.