Taika Waititi In talks to direct the live action Akira adaption

>Taika Waititi In talks to direct the live action Akira adaption
can he save animekino?

If they absolutely have to make Akira Waititi is a fine choice but I would prefer he make that stop motion film he's been working on.

Bumpu

>Akira live action
it will be complete and utter shit

>New zealand accent Akira
>Akeera prisint

Yes but only if you VOTE LABOUR

stop making live action anime
it has never ONCE been good
every single time its fucking trash

Can they make akira the little fat kid from hunt for the wilderpeople

fpbp

I'd really rather he not get constricted with adaptations.

Eh, he's good at the lighthearted comedy stuff, but I don't think he's right for something like that. I don't think Akira should be adapted at all.

Just saw Akira on Sunday, what a fucking overated film that is

Everyone knows it. They've been trying to get this off the ground for years. Every few months they've got another new hot-shit director "in talks" to make it, and they all turn it down. Seems like it's a guaranteed career-killer

>the live action Akira adaption
Is this still active?
JUST STOP IT FAGGOTS

It could be a good movie if they focus on the disenfranchisement of the youth in an economically restrictive world.

You will get a mindless action movie with one token Japanese character and like it.

so what have the lines up for this trash Sup Forumseddit flick been since the 2010s?
>guys that did that gamer movie
>josh trank
>guy who did edge of tomorrow
>nolan
>peele(director of get out)
>now this guy
I'm sure I'm missing a few

>nolan
>peele(director of get out)
>now this guy
Not bad choices but really there is no reason to make this movie.

>A Jewish maori
It's like Jews and cinema are inextricably linked by fate

This. Akira is a very dark and cerebral movie, and Waititi would not mesh at all with that style.

How long did it take for Superhero comic movies to be considered good? I'll never give up hope that a good anime adaptation will cone along, but I hope it doesn't take much more trial and error