Maybe the animation got worse for Regular Show because, on top of a decreasing budget as its seasons came in...

Maybe the animation got worse for Regular Show because, on top of a decreasing budget as its seasons came in, they continuously use lots of licensed songs. That's got to add up to a fuck ton of money right? Not including the real-life orchestra themes and the Russian national anthem, they've used like 35 songs. I'm leaving out about maybe 10 others that are in line with Pomp and Circumstance (graduation tune) and the likes of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Symphony No. 25.

Did Regular Show break a record for kids shows using so many real life songs? I'm shocked Cartoon Network/Time Warner has let them continue the trend so long. It's got to be expensive getting some of these songs.

There's easy outs like the songs you always here at the end of a kid's movie during a party scene (can't fight this feeling anymore), but they never grab those songs, it's always more unique ones like You Might Think and fucking Dragonforce. I don't know how expensive all these bands' rights are, but there's got to be a few high ones somewhere in the mix.

Considering the animation is on par with most of the other cartoons on the network, excluding Gumball's, it seems like they're using their budget in a big way. Makes me wonder if any other show could possibly do this again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OWUZwkSa4eQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The movement of the characters don't bother me as bad as the backgrounds do in the new seasons. It used to be hard watercolor that looked kind of sloppy and loose, now it's like hardly noticeable as watercolor if it even is anymore.

I blame CN for the more simple look. RS went so long on the network that it lived to the next era, with those changes they've had to stop using normal guns, cut back on the innuendos, and keep their jokes and dialouge more acceptable for the current society's levels of acceptance.

Classical music is usually public domain, though they'd have to license the particular performance I guess.

Yea, that's the reason I left it out, I wasn't sure what was or wasn't public domain. I'm assuming most of it at least.

>RS went so long on the network that it lived to the next era
This. It's so obvious that CN has changed. When RS premiered it was around the time the network was willing to be more risky and allow more things to happen, it was an experimental time. That's why they at least gave "pissed" a chance to air on TV in a few separate episodes before pulling it. Now it feels like they're so incredibly limited that they can't even have fun with the limits anymore like they used to.

I can see these reasons adding to the fact CN wants the show rid of. It's a part of their previous time that wasn't like it is now and since, unlike Adventure Time, this show holds a lot more adult humor and a lot more effort in it, it's not fit in the current network mindset. It's not cheap to produce, it's not baby humor down to almost 0 IQ, and it's certainly not got a one-track plot in each episode. The dialogue feels more open and broad than the new shows' on the network with constant predictable jokes and eye catching things to keep the kids' attention spans at bay. The show just isn't right on the network anymore. They're obviously willing to let the show go on long enough to end on its own terms, and let it end the way JG wants it too, but beyond that they're still getting tight fisted and strict on what they can and can't do, that limits the animation down the line too.

all of this

it just feels so sudden though, how CN went from experimental and daring to cheap and babyish

LIES LIES LIES YEAH

Is that a real song? Sounds like a Sonic game OST with lyrics made up at a family dinner.

Yea I think it's not as well known though as the others the show uses. youtube.com/watch?v=OWUZwkSa4eQ I've never heard it on the radio or in any other media.

They can't say "dead", "die", or "kill" anymore. They are forced to say the retarded stand-in terms like "destroy" or my personal favorite to hate, "stop living".

The intro of Skips vs Technology has a special place on my memories

I love on point use of music for setting the mood

I don't get what's so different about saying die or stop living.

Either way, someone is gonna stop breathing forever.

Are we trying to shelter kids from death??

euphemisms.
This isn't anything new, it's just more noticable with the internet and TV.
George Carlin had a good piece explaining it.

ROUND ROUND GET AROUND

I've been watching this show again recently, how come the park is so empty? No one ever visits. I think one of the few times people were seen in the park was when in the 2nd episode those kids came for a birthday party, and that other time in death punchies when Rigby was beating the shit out of the guys hanging around reading and relaxing. 8 seasons and the main location, which is a park, is deserted.

>the backgrounds
I love this show's backgrounds.

Maybe because of all crazy shits that been happening, it be the park mostly.

cartoon network is kill since they decided to premiere "nuh-uh, well i have this power now-swords"

Mighty Majiswords is the exact thing you'd expect to be the next, short lived, trendy game like Flappy Bird or Angry Bird. It's got that style to it and it's got a collecting gimmick to it. Making it a show is bullshit and the only, ONLY, reason people on here like it "muh sexy girl character" and will even go out on a limb to defend it for the sake of.

There's that fan that keeps BEGGING Sup Forums to like it and discuss it.
>Now we have a rape ghost, will Sup Forums finally like the show now?

We dealt with a short moment of that with the new PPG with that fashion villain with thick legs and small tits, but it was a lost cause for those people to think anyone else would care.

Anyway my point is still Majiswords is just a short mobile game material, making it a show, or anything beyond those annoying shorts, was a bad idea. You know what helps proves this? There's already an app for it that they won't stop promoting.

i wouldnt know. they were pressing the series premiere hard. i stopped watching CN since it kept coming on.

Outside of S1, which had pretty good animation, it seems pretty much the same in other seasons to me.

Season 4 was the last season to have a loose vibe to me.

>stop using normal guns
Remember that time Santa Claus was shot like 5 times with a regular gun, and not some laser pistol? Grade A Christmas Special.

>RS went so long on the network that it lived to the next era, with those changes they've had to stop using normal guns, cut back on the innuendos, and keep their jokes and dialouge more acceptable for the current society's levels of acceptance.
And yet it's still rated PG, a rating that no longer means anything.

This, for the past 3-4 seasons they should've been utilizing that rating instead of making parents think it was more intense/inappropriate than it is. Violence isn't even like it was in the early seasons.

I haven't kept track of Regular Show since that 'The Real Thomas'.
Got an example of the worse animation?

Slayers sucks

Mighty Magiswords is pretty good, if you watched past episode 1 you'd know.

Well, any show that has Arin Hanson as a voice actor can't be that good.

It's just not as fluid, it's sorta like Family Guy where head bobbing, pointing, and "what?" arm postures are the main positions the characters are in. It's nothing incredibly bad.

No, don't do that shit. This is one of the most annoying things a fan can do. "If you gave it a chance you WOULD like it!". I've seen one and half of another, the pacing isn't even my main concern, it's just grating as fuck to listen to, like TTG but a little less.

So why do people ignore this?

Huh, would you look at that. It says 2015. Okay.

Egoraptor voices the main male character?

>Lumpy Space Princess rapes Finn
Perfectly fine.
>Saying "die" on Regular Show
Completely unacceptable.

Given that Adventure Time can't go on forever and Rebecca Sugar already has plans for how Steven Universe should end, does CN still have a fighting chance?

When are they going to switch names to the TTG Channel?

>>Lumpy Space Princess rapes Finn
never happened

>does CN still have a fighting chance?

It's not trying to put up a fight
>denial

It was really weird in Breezy. Ambiguous, but in a bad way, like the show just presented something that should never happen.

>Mighty Magiswords is pretty good

suicide is always a option

Never watch Magisword, but how bad is it? Is it on the same tier as Mixels?

Mixels is just some short boring shit, Majiswords is cringeworthy.

I see fans of it on here being retarded like the TTG ones, I only see Mixel fans in youtube comments who also praise Roblox for being god tier.

I've always missed the season 1 animation flow

This, it used to be sketchy.

My favorite use of a song was the you might think im foolish one.

He voices the cat guy

I'm sorry you can't enjoy good things user, especially TTG, which is insanely fun once you get into it.

You go first user.

Or maybe JG just doesn't give a fuck about the show anymore.

I think he said at some point that at first he thought it would only go for a season or two. Glad it didn't.

>Is that a real song? Sounds like a Sonic game OST with lyrics made up at a family dinner.
>I've never heard it on the radio or in any other media.
You fucking kids!
Lies was a hit when it came out and was playing on the radio all day, every day, just by switching the station for over a year!

Fuck, do you kids even listen to radio today? And i don't mean fucking apps or internet streaming! I mean an ACTUAL radio, receiving real RADIO SIGNALS???

It came out in 1983. Take you medicine and go to sleep granpa.

>don't know 1 song
>suddenly means i'm an underage internet addict
yea holy fucking shit with the assumptions, I might've been born in 1987, some years after the song was released, but i'm certainly not a new kid. the song just didn't sound real to me from the snippet that was used in the episode. watching the music video with the whole track let me know it had way more lyrics than "they're gonna get you" and "they won't forget you" mixed in with constant "lies lies lies yea" 's.

Man I thought I was the only one who noticed that the show wasn't as risqué as it used to be.

Sad. They can even say words like that in Disney cartoons now.

Nope, I've noticed people who still watch it still talk about it on here. A majority of people who say it isn't the good show like it used to be use that as a factor in the whole ordeal.

I really hoped with this being the final season they could amp things up with the innuendos and maybe even a "pissed", especially considering they'd never rerun the (or any) episode after it's aired in the first place.

This show used to do so much.

I havent watched the movie but im about to

Is it good?

Anyone born after 1985 is Millennial human garbage

1965-1985 = Gen X master race
1986-2000 = Millennial shitheads

I haven't noticed that, but I also haven't seen the first seasons in a while. That sucks.

I liked it, but I don't know if that's a popular opinion considering part of the story in it, that I won't spoil.

>especially TTG, which is insanely fun once you get into it.

It's fine if you like it. I personally can't stand it, and I've watched a few episodes.

It never has quiet moments, it's as if they think they'll lose the kids attention if they just shut up for 3 seconds.
The characters are annoying, the animation is trash and the sword gimmick was old before the series started

Also, I dare even say that I think it's worse than Teen Titans Go

Though, the worst show is not Mighty Magiswords, that title is currently held by nuPPG

The shows creators didn't stroke the fanbase like Adventure Time's creators did, Which is why AT is holding out longer with less interference by CN executives.
Regular Shows popularity on Sup Forums has always been limited by the main characters being considered furry, Anything which stops even benign content from being posted is a significant limiter of popularity here.

That's Regular Show? Looks like the fucking Krusty Krab.