Between Diana, Red Sonja and Dejah Thoris, who is your favorite female warrior?

Between Diana, Red Sonja and Dejah Thoris, who is your favorite female warrior?

Other urls found in this thread:

erbzine.com/mag13/1301.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Diana. We have actual good stories of her.

Xena

Diana. I love metal sluts.

Dejah Thoris is more naked

Based Diana.

I just feel so old now in comparison to when I first crushed on her as a kid.

I love Gail Simone's horny Red Sonja!

lol obviously a dude as gross and smelly looking as azzarello likes heavy metal

You can't put people up against Dejah Thoris man. I read the John Carter books when I was like 7. I have to pick Dejah.
>no red skin
>no bare titties
disgusting lack of effort tho

Dejah Thoris

Fun fact Dejah was suppose to wear a sun dress/robe like clothing but Edgar Burroughs' editor was like "Make them tits bare"

I hate when Dejah is drawn with those armored nipple pasties. Makes her look like a stripper. Either man up and draw her naked, or give her some real clothes.

this.
Horny slut red sonja>WW>celibate monk red sonja>Book Dejah> - massive power gap - > movie Dejah

no, she needs pasties else the Tharks will steal her milk.
what about comic Dejah?

You make a very convincing argument. You wouldn't happen to have more...visual arguments?

Horny Red Sonja is the best...

Gail Simone's Red Sonja is fucking awful.

Sure, she doesn't need to be a celibate, but she also doesn't need to be a raging slut. Men and women are different. Trying to show a female barbarian as a major slut doesn't make her look like a badass, it only makes her look like an easy slut with self-esteem issues.

...and she is even an expert on organizing an orgy.

opinion.txt

Simone is a hack.

Sonja (but Frank Thorne over any other version); DeeTee was never a warrior, and Diana has too many super-powers. Sonja gotta fight.

No, has it right.

What, in the recent comics?
Because in the books everyone on Barsoom basically ran around naked.

Sif

Speaking of Mars, have any of you read the most NSFW version?

>Trying to show a female barbarian as a major slut doesn't make her look like a badass, it only makes her look like an easy slut with self-esteem issues.
No it makes her look like a normal fucking person who simply strongly likes sex.

Tara of Helium.

Gogo Bomango

> Mera >>> Horny Jms Zarda > Horny Red Sonja > WW > Sinister Zarda > Dejah Thoris > Movie Thoris > Classic Zarda >>> Red Sonja >>> Injustice WW

Teela and She-Ra, and hell to everyone who tries to invade Eternia.

HULK WANT PANCAKES.

its not about being a raging slut its about having a respect for whomever you are dealing. basically if you flip the sex and it feels icky than you should not do it

I don't know why but red skin is a turn off for me. visually I like succubus red just fine but when it comes to sex I can't picture enjoying it

Well, you could always fuck a thark.

all people who strongly like sex are denigrates

I don't necessarily agree with the hyperbole, but I do think going in the extreme opposite direction with Sonja was a mistake. But hey if Conan is allowed to get knee deep in Wenches, why not Sonja?

huh i thought women dont poop, pee or have sex with people they dont love

>Fun fact Dejah was suppose to wear a sun dress/robe like clothing but Edgar Burroughs' editor was like "Make them tits bare"

That man is a hero.

None of the above. My favorite is lady death.

Out of those options, I support Dejah because she looks the lewdest. Lewd is good.

None of them are on my actual list of favorite fighting wimmins though.

Taarna. You'd think there would be more stuff out there, maybe some more comics. Sucks she's relegated to a cult movie. Her outfit is badass, only women complain about fighting partially nude.

>defeat a great evil, but your efforts are meaningless because you're getup isn't empowering.

>Conan
I have mixed feelings about how far comic/tv Conan is from book Conan
>why not Sonja?
I have not read a lot of Conan but I don't recall him ever having dialogue like Im totally ok with this but hate

I feel you. There's a tendency for Sonja's storytelling to have a heavy contemporary tinge when addressing the "celibacy," for strength bit.on Conan's sexuality, the more famous Arnold depiction didn't have him as a ravenous man, even during the montage. When Arnold's Conan did "indulge," it was just with one woman. I always saw Sonja's shtick as a more extreme form of mate selection.

Red Sonja. Barbarian red head? Ready for snoo snoo.

I feel you. That first one is some classic barbarian "let's party" but the second reads as much more of a soapbox: "ain't no-one gonna control my sexuality, nuh-uh sister"

I kinda wonder how people ITT feel about the sex in Artesia.

>DeeTee was never a warrior
"She plays the role of the conventional damsel in distress who must be rescued from various perils, but is also portrayed as a competent and capable adventurer in her own right, fully capable of defending herself and surviving on her own in the wastelands of Mars."
Sure, compared to John Carter she is weak, but John Carter on Mars is a little bit like Kal El on Earth, he is superpowered compared to everyone else.

Great taste, friend.

>Dejah Thoris
>Warrior

That must have happened in the later books because she comes off more like a spoiled princess in A Princess of Mars.

The women of Mars are not trained in the arts of war; they carry a dagger or knife for self-defense (or perhaps to take their own lives), because only the lowest of the low would even contemplate attacking a woman.

Tho DeeTee *did* kill that one Thark skank IIRC, which is no mean feat for a Red Martian woman.

It never happens. She stabs one guy who captures her if I remember right.

>John Carter on Mars is a little bit like Kal El on Earth

I wanted to go to Mars so damn bad as a kid; hot nekkid babes errywhar, plus super-strength, swordfights, flying cars (or boats) weird aliens, terrible monsters, rayguns (sorta), weird science, and vile villains to defeat!

Can't go wrong with red.

I loved how Gail Simone described Sonja's "need to be filled".

She's also, from memory, described as a very slender type of beauty, rather than the gravity-defying tits and ass that most artistic depictions of her have.

John Carter is a hero for not immediately jumping on that.

>This is outrageous! What if you're not my type?

Said no medieval man, ever.

Considering Martians lay eggs I imagine they have little need for breasts in general. Though "child bearing hips" may be more important?

It's been a few years, but I'm pretty sure it's explicitly stated that women are just as capable in battle as the men, and if anything more ruthless, but in accordance with tradition women only fight women and men only fight men. She was just rarely in a position to fight another woman.

I had thought Red Sonja was one of the "if you beat me you can have sex with me" crowd. Seemed like I remembered her and some other characters talking about it in a crossover. But I suppose that's what happens when characters have multiple writers.

Hyborians are actually prehistoric people, according to Howards's fictional chronology.

The problem with the "beat me and you can have sex with me" idea is that writers generally don't write her as losing.

Is Simone's Sonja living in a world of faggots? How is that no one is willingly jumping at the horny redhead slut that just want to drown in dicks?

Dejah seems to be slender, but with a "perfectly symmetrical figure" (no belly button, since they lay eggs).

How is that a problem?

It means you have to write her losing in order to stick her in bed with whoever. Unless she loses a lot, in which case she's a shitty fighter, or she wins a lot, in which case she ain't going to have sex often.

>in which case she ain't going to have sex often.
How is that a problem?

Uh, because "doesn't have sex often" is somewhat incompatible with Simone's horny, orgy-organising Sonja?

Sonja

And when happened for her to be bested, something bad occurs and being interrupted or her lover potential or actual, get killed or revealed to be problematic.

Call me a fag, but must all warrior women characters have massive DD tits? Seems ridiculous.

I was listening to the first few chapters last night and it seemed unclear if there were naughty bits flopping all around everywhere or not as he makes no mention of them, just that people wear clothes.

This suggests quite otherwise though!

Depending how quite you like your Sonja I could see a cute arc where she's working with some guy and they're both attracted to each other but she's sticking to her "have to beat me" rule and he can't do it, despite training/duels every night.

Arc ends with Sonja casually flipping a coin and asking him heads or tails. He guesses right, and she just smiles and says "I guess you beat me."

I agree, it isn't terribly realistic or creative but it is just how women are shown in comics.

Maybe if they were too lithe it'd raise "omg paedos!" bullshit, I don't know.

>I kinda wonder how people ITT feel about the sex in Artesia.

I liked it, it was weird ritual sex, and witchy sex.

Not as ridiculous as a warrior women

your a fag and you have shit taste

This is true.

Sonja for example doesn't apply this rule when it comes to Conan. But always something happens, and they get interrupted.

Oh stop.

Because Conan's one of the few who outright beat her fairly, isn't he?

Yes that's true. Actually they both have a deep respect for each other. And of course mutual attraction.

Which one is the most into pure love?

You nailed it.

Simone's Sonja's world has plenty.

I think there was one opening page where she's slogging through some swamp and is just thinking to herself "I need to get laid after this shit"

Diana.

Yes indeed.

You're living in a world of sword and sorcery, an attractive warrior woman comes up to you and asks to have sex. In order of likelyhood she is:
a)A cruel and fickle goddess who will curse you and transform you into a monster for accepting or kill you
b)A demon who will eat your soul, and transform you into a monster or kill you.
c)A fae/troll/giant that is trying to lure you into a trap and kill you
d)Actually a sorceress/witch who will curse/kill/etc you
e) Will kill you afterwards for some weird amazonian principle
f)actually on the level
g)on the level and not diseased

Diana love is pure, motherly love.

Sonja love is hard, raw sex.

Dejah love is like that of an elegant courtship, which results in missionary sex for procreation and produces children.

I'm shocked that Gail of all people wrote Slutty Sonja.

Also that's the most clothes I've ever seen her wear.

It's shocking that there are women who enjoy sex.

OUTRAGE!

Conan must have croms luck that his dick hasn't fallen off by now

Well it was a different time. 2013 and all.

Gail's Sonja's hornyness was hilarious.

It drove her nuts. She couldn't even sleep because of it. To the point that she woke up her companion in the middle of the night, a cook, asking him to go in bed with her.

...rip no fap

I think we've all had nights like that.

Why doesn't she just jill for a little.

Sonja and Thoris are my favorites.

OP is cruel for making us choose.

Dont the red martians lack a bellybutton?
Why is there so much art where they do have one?

the only right answer

The Martians are Earth mammal lite so they do have them

Which is why John was able to knock up Dejah

But when you come from an egg, you don't have an umbilical cord.

Why am I questioning pulp-scifi logic anyway?