Fuck Netflix - Let's think up a perfect streaming service for Sup Forums

>what existing kino would you add?
>what existing telekino would you add?
>what kind of original movies or TV shows would you create or buy?
>any genres you would completely avoid?
>any genres you would focus on?
>how much would you charge?
>would you venture into live programming?
>how would you deal with piracy?
>what will you offer that Netflix, Amazon and Hulu don't already offer?

Let's do this, Sup Forums.

There's horror streaming services like Shudder, truekino streaming services like Filmstruck, and even a found footage streaming service.

Surely we can make one that Sup Forums would actually pay for.

Other urls found in this thread:

universalmediaserver.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I just want something that promises a more curated selection of content. There seems to be little to no quality control on the streaming services and there's a glut of crap to wade through.

Filmstruck does that but I'm thinking of a more general streaming services that included all kinds of content but better curated.

>I'm thinking of a more general streaming services that included all kinds of content but better curated.

Would you go as far as to ignore certain genres or just get every genre as long as the film is good?

If a film is good it's good regardless of genre so I don't see a problem in including or at least considering all genres. The main issue, in my opinion, is the sheer amount of white noise on there that leads to people spending forever looking for something to watch and never finding anything.

Do you think its even possible to add only good films to a streaming service? You'd probably limit yourself to the point where there's barely any movies to watch. I think people don't mind wading through a few mediocre movies as long as they have a decent selection. Every video store had both the shitty and the great movies, for example and some of them are still in business.

Streaming is becoming the new television, in the next few years when all content holders figure out that they make more by keeping their own content on their own service everything will end up being extremely fragmented.
Disney will have their own service, marvel will have their own, sony will have their own, Warner, etc etc.
Every streaming service will be like its own tv channel, and you are going to have to have like ten of them to enjoy what we are currently enjoying with just netflix.

My guess is that streaming services have to pay a recurring fee for as long as they offer a movie or series, and that it costs more to offer big name films than it does for cheap crap like Human Centipede 3. If they only offered good films, either the selection would be noticeably thin, or costs would be too high.

Once again, the piracy-heavy portfolio pays off for the hungry investor.

Well then perhaps curated sections? Picks from respected critics of filmmakers or something. Just something better than now which makes it quite difficult to find anything worth watching. Maybe I've just seen too many movies though.

>in the next few years when all content holders figure out that they make more by keeping their own content on their own service everything will end up being extremely fragmented.

I can't wait to pay for 20 different streaming services. Oh boy!

Do they really expect us to subscribe to 10 different streaming services ?

Yeah. Disney is already planning to pulls writhing from Netflix to start their own service.

Watching terror vision on Amazon Prime
What are some other quality "free on prime " kinos?

Is infochammel still on there?

It's shit because it's slightly less convenient for me, but I'll just go back to normal pirating everything I want to watch through my server. I honestly just watch the same handful of series over and over as it is thanks to Netflix's shrinking catalogue.

Of course not, but thats how its going to be. netlix will loose most of the content that they dont own, which they already are, because businesses like Disney create their own service and they pull all of their shit from netlix. Everybody will do the same.
You already have big tiers like amazon, hbo, etc with their own shit. Why would they want their exclusive stuff to be on other streaming services if they can have it all to themselves?
Sony picture will be like: well wait a minute, we have all of hese movies under our brand, why are we letting netflix reek in profit from that? lets just cut the middle man and make our own service and dump all of our content into that.
Then the smaller fish will think the same.
Tim Burton will be like, well wait a minute, Ive made all of these fucking movies, I'll just make my own tim burton streaming service and cut out the middle man.
And then Clint Eastwood will be like, well wait a minute, I am like the oldest fucker alive and Ive made movies since forever and shit, Ill just make my own streaming service
Ad nauseum.
So the future is bleak. Wanna watch star wars? Get Disney streaming.
Wanna watch Harry Potter? Get WB's streaming service.
Wanna watch Bond? Get MGM's streaming service.

Netflix always wanted to shrink their catalog. They just wanted to lure people in at the start so they can invest in their own content and then have only a few non-Netflix things that they can keep streaming at a good price.

Eventually Netflix will be 90% Netflix-content. All the major studios will take back their content and do their own services.

>Wanna watch star wars? Get Disney streaming.
>Wanna watch Harry Potter? Get WB's streaming service.
>Wanna watch Bond? Get MGM's streaming service.

This is why piracy is the only smart way to watch kino.

I alread have the most perfect streaming service possible, I recently bought a smart tv and can stream any torrent from my pc for free.

what do you use to stream to it?

Samsung smart tv app. I use PS3 media server for my old tv but transcodes stuff and some formats dont work.

>I use PS3 media server

Stop that. It's been replaced by

universalmediaserver.com/

t. same setup as you but with universal instead of ps3

It's a streaming service that cuts into other streaming services for it's content.

Like you "borrow" one of the services accounts and when you stop watching that account is freed up and is usable by someone else.

Though it would be shut down within a week probably.

HDMI cabel and torrent

This makes no sense. I'd just pirate.

Okay heres my two cents for someone to ultimatly unseat netflix, hulu, and all these shit fuckers

so we have all these streaming services
much like how we had a bunch of news outlets
but once we have so much news coming from all thsew outlets we have things like fark, and other aggregates.
so
>conclusion 1
make an aggregate, buy tons of memberships from all streaming services, see if you can get a discount, provide all streaming services under one site, people get memberships to all the streaming services.

okay thats not really the milllion dollar idea but here the million dollar idea is.
_ We have Sup Forums, an anonymous image forum mainly to posting and conversing, and discussing with others anons.
_Comment sections are endemic of everysingle news site.
_chat sections come with every "live" broadcast on youtube
_synchtube,user sleepover, and what use to be yunostream-forget what its called now where people could chat with each other while watching tv
_netflix has a facebook post icon to let your friends know what you are watching on netflix
>conclusion 2
-make a streaming service where either each movie or tv series has a public lobby where you can chat with other anons also watching the same stuff, or you can create a private lobby for all your facebook friends to join in and watch with you and post comments.
Honestly suprised as fuck netflix hasn't instituted this yet.

Comments and chat on Netflix would be brigaded instantly. They would never do this because they know it would be a massive pain to moderate.

Ever since Trump got elected, the trend has been to shut down comments all over the internet because the Jews don't want wrongthinking goyim to be able to put ideas into the rightthinking goy heads.

>costs $39.99 a month
>only programing is nature documentaries
>only castrati are allowed to purchase it

then just opt for the private lobby that you can chat and watch stuff with your friends

>unironically streaming

wat

lol

>get netflix for free from an old friend
>browse through it
>everything seems like shit and the few interesting shows that are there I've already pirated
what a waste of money, good thing im not paying for it

This is why most people on Sup Forums just use their parent's accounts.

The nigger dies.

you weren't very good at physics in highschool were you

>Shudder

Fantastic library, that one. Just watched Kuso and Belladonna of Sadness.

Agree. Explain pls.

Meh. I get a better library from torrents. Shudder has nothing I can't pirate.

That is true. Paying for things does always result in fewer options than stealing them.

That's why we call them paycucks. They pay money for less stuff. That's how pathetic they are.

That sucks because all their content is shit and used for political purposes

I think that to have a good streaming service with lots of quality of content they would need to charge more. I'd be willing to pay 20-30 usd per month for something that doesn't have a lot of shit.

But, with every fucking network trying to make their own streaming service, it becomes a hassle and expensive to have a good variety of movies and tv.

Mobi looks kinda good, I must say

I would pay $30 a month for something that contained all the stuff I wanna see.

I already pay for Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Seeso, FilmStruck, HBO, Showtime, Starz, and Cinemax. And my parents pay for cable so I can log in to the apps of all the channels and stream their shows that way.

You ever do that thing where you can't decide what to watch, so you look through all the apps trying to find the perfect movie or show to watch, and then you think, "I could have watched something by now" and you give up and turn it off?

>i pay for
you're an embarrassment to us all

I know plenty of people who do Hulu and Netflix
I do Netflix and crunchy roll but they keep dumping shows I like so I'll probably dump Netflix. I can't personally see myself with anything more than 2 or 3 at the absolute fucking most if the NFL starts offering reasonable prices

Lol

Fucking this. People begging for a setup I had a decade ago.

>what existing kino would you add?
The entirety of the Criterion Collection.

>what existing telekino would you add?
A combination of some HBO, Adult Swim, and anime.

>what kind of original movies or TV shows would you create or buy?
A show that takes place in late medieval europe / early renaissance. It won't be a Game of Thrones ripoff, but it will have many PoV characters and will have an adult rating. It won't have GoT's gratuitous sex.

A show based on Dune.

>any genres you would completely avoid?
Cartoons, especially comedy cartoons, and family sitcoms.
Liberal trash.

>any genres you would focus on?
History, arthouse, international, independent, adult
some anime, fantasy and scifi stuff, but it has to be very well done

>how much would you charge?
$15/month or $90/year

>would you venture into live programming?
Yes.

>how would you deal with piracy?
I wouldn't. If you want to support us, please do. If we make good content and provide a good service, people will pay for it.

>what will you offer that Netflix, Amazon and Hulu don't already offer?
Good stuff.

>anime

Kys

literally this
it already exists