Could it be made today?

Yes. Easily.

i'd assume so, the technology still exists
are all the voice actors still alive?

The show was way ahead of its time

It really wasn't.

Get out

Yes and Sup Forumsmblr would hate it

Hell they made Brickelberry not that long ago.

Yeah, too mean spirited and not enough lore.

i never understood what the pig was supposed to be a reference to

Fritz and Cat?

Just 'the internet' I guess.

Did Korea explode or something?

I always thought he was supposed to represent something like Foamy the Squirrel and other cheaply animated perverted crap

Shockwave cartoons. Newgrounds and the like.

He was supposed to represent crude internet flash cartoons, but that kinda got dropped.

They dropped it after the gay insurance episode

I would assume so. Apparently there's still an audience for over-the-top crude adult humor (not so sure about the media satire), so it might be doable.

Reality TV is dead and that was the only thing the show had that made it stand out and without it it was nothing but a bunch of unfunny edgy shit as the movie demonstrated but at the same time its no different from the "adult" shows that still running today so it'll fit right in.

There's still a market for crass but surprisingly clever humor. Adult Swim probably wouldn't take it because they hate animation and Comedy Central is still just the South Park channel, but SOME channel would take it and it could do alright. But is at least correct on the count that reality TV shows like Survivor and Big Brother wouldn't really click with today's audiences

It's funny because it's coming from the most mean spirited people in the world

>There's still a market for crass but surprisingly clever humor
This implies DT was ever clever. The major networks won't touch it for whatever reason, after the success of Rick and Morty AS doesn't seem to want to experiment like they use to and CC has no interest in bringing it back even though they've gone through so much failed cartoons since it ended. Your next best bet is Netflix or worse Crackle.

It's more relevant today than ever.

It could most likely get made today. It might get some backlash but its not like South Park is getting a lot of grief these days.

TOOT TOOT N TOOT

>those extended outros

I watched season 1 the other day and I have to say many of the jokes still hold up. Shit some even are better with today's PC bullshit that is happening.

It could easily be made today. It's from a time when shock/offensive humour was more popular, though, so it'd probably be met with some eye-rolls and accusations of 2edgy today.

It's not really an offensive show at all, it's self-aware and audacious enough to make jokes about plenty of taboo topics without actually offending anyone.

nice show.