Did he deserve what he got in the end?

did he deserve what he got in the end?

His arc was genuinely brilliant, going from the most despicably evil monster to Lol's guardian angel. It's hard to say whether he "deserved" what he got, getting banged up the second time for killing her dad really redeemed him in my eyes. Prison wasn't so much a punishment as a purgatory which gave him the opportunity to become a better person.

Has there ever been a more empathetic portrayal of a racist skinhead?

When did Alex Jones get a facial tattoo?

high quality post. i agree.

He did nothing wrong.

I thought this was a boardwalk thread.

He deserved redemption. Fucking milky took that away and he'll end up paying fer it

FPBP

This never really leaves my mind. Brutal ending. Great series. Old Stephen is a great actor.

All of the miniseries are so garbage, the acting is terrible. There's a reason only Stephen Graham ever went on to bigger things after the film.

Fuck Alex Jones

His character and motivations were so well-fleshed out, even though what he did to Milky was inexcusable you couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy. He loved lol but could only deal with the rejection by becoming heavily involved with the national front, and brutally fucked Milky up because he couldn't stand the fact that a black man had a better, happier upbringing than him. Even though he was on good terms with Milky at one point, his racism was just a way of burying his alienation and frustration at being permanently sidelined by everyone in his life.

I dunno man, '90 was boring and unnecessary, and '88 was far too somber and uneventful (all I remember from it was lol's spiral of depression, even though Vicky McClure's performance was superb). But 86' was really good, it still had the magic of the first film and Combo got to be the good guy even after everything he did.

>brutally fucked Milky up because he couldn't stand the fact that a black man had a better, happier upbringing than him
It's such a powerful scene when they're in the cafe and Milky is saying how his family made promises around his hospital bed. Combo attacked Milky because of the love and family life he never had, but he got killed precisely because of how strong that bond is. I don't think Milky could've stopped his brothers from taking combo away even if he wanted to.

And the other guy, forget name the main skinny one. His britbong adlibbing is really good.

Alex Jones?

Fuck Milky bruv

I still don't understand why the fuck Milky acted like he was sorry when he clearly could have stopped it. Honestly, fuck Milky. He was a good lad in the movie but he turned into a fucking asshole betraying his best friend in the worst way possible.

I didn't get why the black boys handed him off to what I assume was some Britain First lads, either. Am I stupid?

National front didn't even exist until a few years ago. But yeah it was probs his racist mates from prison who will do him in for betraying the cause. >Le bitter irony arc

Britain first*

What is it with you lazy faggots just posting a screenshot with a question? Do you fuckers even work? Do you know how subjects work? Can you fucking idiots be a little more informative? You could have even put the info in the file name.

For all I know, you're asking me if he deserved to run after the dog in Snatch at the end. Is that what you're asking?

Didn't even capitalize the first letter, you fucking slob of a swine.
Improve yourself.

dya liek dags?

I dunno man. Like Combo said, he was jealous of the love and the family life which Milky had. Evidently that love was so strong that there was nothing he could do to convince the black guys not to kill him. Its tragic irony– Combo was able to do what Milky and his family never could and forgive him for the violence they were about to commit.

Hes seen starring at an old picture of a black man, presumably his grandfather, which mirrors the actors own mixed race heritage.

If you didn't recognise the scene the screenshot was taken from, why bother getting involved in the first place?

Or perhaps you're too stupid to work it out for yourself? A simple reverse image search would reveal exactly who the character is and what the question is in reference to.

There's no point participating if you haven't seen the show. Fuck off out of here, you entitled little shit, you don't deserve to be spoonfed anything.

But why the fuck would you work with the people you hate to get revenge on a dude you only hate because he was part of the gang you're now willingly working with?

If you don't know where it's from you have no place in this thread because you can't discuss what you haven't see, you dozy cunt.

Are they still planing to do a final film to wrap it all up.

OP wants to attract discussion, but does it in the most lazy manner possible.

>perhaps you're too stipid
>haven't seen the show

It's a fucking movie, you idiot.
And yes, I've seen it years ago and might have recognised it and participated if the entire fucking post wasn't unclear.

You'll get fucking nowhere if you think people will figure out stuff themselves. INFORM.

Define work? There literally just dropping off someone to be killed

They'd obviously planned it out, which means they'd sat down with the people they hate/which hate them and talked it over, conspiring to murder a man with their enemies. It wasn't like they were dumping him on catholic turf during the troubles.

>when he clearly could have stopped it.

It seemed like his family wanted more revenge than him, he was clearly stuggling during that scene

>Shaun growing complacent and cheating on Smell
What a fuck-up.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend user. It's hypocritical but stuff like that happens

>It's a fucking movie
That scene is taken from the tv miniseries, which you obviously haven't seen and therefore have no leg to stand on in discussing what the OP was in reference to. The majority of people in this thread were perfectly capable of discussion with the most general prompt, because it was an incredibly affecting piece of tv and we're all familiar with it. You're not, so please leave.

who is the best character and why is it woody?

its not from a movie you stupid cunt

No. that's why it was fucking heartbreaking to watch. 10/10 series based Shane meadows.

Woody's the best character and Gilgun's the best actor out of the young cast. So glad that his career is taking off, even if he's in that Preacher abomination.

HEY TONEH

I wondered that too.

Very powerful series. Combo's screams as he's being dragged away are horrifying.

He looks so small as well compared to all of the men surroundings him outside the cafe.