Civil War 2 catchup

So can we all agree that Tony's in the wrong?

Seriously, given their respective personalities you'd think Carol would be the menstrual one but the conflict only ever moves forward when Tony cockblocks her attempts to be negotiate and flies off the fucking handle. Dude's an emotional wreck. With LESS reason to be one than Carol, at that.

Other urls found in this thread:

comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-10.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It amazes me how the only time this was a Civil War was at the Traskileon.

>By putting Spider-Miles in a protective bubble, thus making you unable to take him away to discuss the matter in safety, I was giving you one last chance! And that was it!

I don't understand why Carol Danvers plays such big and important roles.
Why don't just people tell her like WTF you're Carol Danvers OMFG who gives a fuck? Why are they all larping that he's somehow the best hero in existence?

I just wish we got a shot of Maria Hill, who really didn't want a super hero shit-show on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, after this fight started.

>Why don't just people tell her like WTF you're Carol Danvers OMFG who gives a fuck?
Isn't that pretty much what happened when Captain Hydra let Miles escape?

Jesus why did he just try to kill Cap for standing there?

And why does he have a Hulkbustermachine?

I haven't bothered with Civil War II, what exactly are they fight about? I imagine it's not another public identities thing.

An Inhuman that can predict the future.

Did Carol absorbed energy before she sucker punched the Hulkbuster or did she recieve another powercreep for her base power level?

Continue to not bother, this is among the worst written events ever.

I stopped at Hawkeye's trial anything interesting since then?

A new inhuman gets future visions, and Carol doesn't get that you can't arrest people for crimes they haven't committed yet, and that the guy's predictions are the kind that only happen if you try to stop them. Even though that's a lesson she should have learned in issue 1, when she gets War Machine killed and She-Hulk tit-missile'd.

So Minority Report? That seems lazy.

Minority Report.
One of the tie-ins literally has Rick Jones pointing out that the whole plot is just Minority Report, but with a fascist and an emotional wreck fighting over it.

I think Blue Marvel and Actual Captain Marvel Monica Rambeau gave her a power boost.

>That seems lazy.
Bendis.

So that's why Miles is so prevalent?

It is

Yeap. His role in this whole shitfest can be taken by any other character, really.

Nope, not here.
Also, Carol does kind of have more of a right to the Captain Marvel name than Monica ever did. (And Spectrum fits Monica better.)

You kidding user? This event would be ten times worse without Mile's natural charisma and deep character motivation to salvage it.

>Carol does kind of have more of a right to the Captain Marvel name

Benis, plis go

I'll go, but this isn't over you hear me?

Just you wait, I'll make sure that you shitlords can't ignore Miles any longer, even if I have to permanently kill Peter Parker and put Miles as his succesor to do it!

Too far Benis

>permanently kill Peter Parker
Benis, u kenot touch true Spidey

MILES IS TRUE SPIDEY!!!!1!!

>and that the guy's predictions are the kind that only happen if you try to stop them
Not really. Its happened in some tie-ins, but most of the time his predictions either do happen, or they don't happen precisely because someone intervenes to prevent it from happening (although it doesn't always work out well, like Clint killing Banner).
There haven't really been many self-fulfilling prophecies, especially since if there were it would actully prove Tony wrong.

As Captain Hydra elegantly put it, Tony is right for the wrong reasons.

So why did Tony start this fight?

Was it because he just hated Carol?

You'll have to kill Slott first.

Tony's derailment at the end of this is pretty epic but Carol still ignored his mountain of evidence that Ulysses's visions were gonna fuck up.

And lo and behold they started fucking up. If Carol had taken a breath and used Ulysses more conservatively instead of trying to solve every problem with him, things wouldn't have escalated the way they did.

The real villain of Civil War 2 was bad writing. All the characters ever had to do at any point is sit down like adults and share information, which they DID, so the fights all feel artificial as fuck.

He blames Carol for Rhodey and Banner's deaths.

Pretty sure Useless is gonna turn out to be some kind of bigger plot of some big villain.

Imagine the shitstorm if one day news come out of Slott dying after falling down the stairs, and they found his last will being that they killed Peter Parker so Miles Morales could take his place.

With Bendis making a statement that as much as it pains him, he and Marvel have agreed to follow their dear friend's last wish, and while he doesn't consider himself worthy, he'll take the burden and become the new Amazing Spider-Man writer because he knows it's what Slott would have wanted.

What if the Jackal revives them in the next Clone Conspiracy issue?

You're only making her stronger, user.

>If Carol had taken a breath and used Ulysses more conservatively instead of trying to solve every problem with him, things wouldn't have escalated the way they did.

Putting Carol in charge and have her lead was a wrong idea in the first place. She has a tendency of having a one track mind when it comes to pursuing objectives/missions.

He fights now because he blames Ulysses and Carol for killing Rhodey and Banner, but his initial arguments have since been forgotten.

>It's what my dear friend Daniel would have wanted. He would have wanted me to write "Amazing Spider-Man". He wanted it so much, he wrote it in his will. Here it is. I have his will right here. He says it right here in his will. Right here, where I'm pointing. It says "I want Brian to write Amazing Spider-Man. But only after I die. Not before. After. After I die." That's what it says in the will. In Dan's will.

OH, SHIT. That would surely change the marvelverse.

Fucking THANK YOU
:^)

>Dude's an emotional wreck

I said like issue 2 the only way Tony makes sense in this event is that Rhodey's death totally broke him

Muh Rhodey.

t. everyone since the event was first announced

Don't forget the part of the will where he requested that Spider-Gwen and Ms Marvel became Miles' girlfriends at the same time.

>Oh, right, almost forgot. He also says right here that he wanted to see Miles have a girlfriend. "In true Spider-Man fashion, all the bitches should love Spider-Man. I was going to suggest Spider-Gwen, Kamala, or Gwenpool, but if I die, I wouldn't mind all three of them. A Spider-Harem. Think about it." This is a weird will, but Dan was a weird person. And kind of fat. But fatter than me.

didn't he kind of create a computer like that all the way back in force works, but with wanda's hex powers helping? and did i just show my age by remembering force works?

Truly the brightest timeline.

But do remember that characters need mainstream recognition, therefore it would be a smart business move to swiftly retcon Peter Parker in the MCU and put Miles in there, to ease people into the idea.

A new cartoon with Miles wouldn't hurt either.

It's called pushing a character user. Do you not get this? Look behind the surface writing and too the writer himself.

>"I'm also thinking of a triple maneuver to end Peter Parker's legacy in favor of Miles. A new cartoon, a new movie, and a new comic miniseries all to bring an end to Parker and replace him with Miles." Wow, Slott really wanted to see Miles grow. I wonder why he never said anything about it before he died. But who am I to question the dead?

Ever sicne the haircut yeah.

>Did Carol absorbed energy before she sucker punched the Hulkbuste
>I think Blue Marvel and Actual Captain Marvel Monica Rambeau gave her a power boost.
>Nope, not here.

So Carol was just using her base power the whole fight? Retardedly OP.

Its always been about muh rhodey. When he sperged out after War Machine's death the situation had nothing in common with what he was saying at the party, even though he claimed "I TOLD YOU SO! MUH RHODEY"

Well, there is that animated movie by the Lego Movie guys that Miles is getting.
(Prediction: it'll have Ultimate Prowler because he's Miles' only villain, and Bendis will bring him back in the comics for synergy.)

Because they want her to be their strong female singular hero to compete against DC's Wonder Woman.

Widow doesn't have flashy powers, and everyone else is connected to a team first and foremost, so they're trying to push Carol for the sake of making her movies.

Why do you think they renamed her and gave her a costume that would look less ridiculous in live action?

yeah Wanda actually brought it up in the Scarlet Witch tie in.

Please Keke let it happen, so it can become Sup Forums's very own Les Bains incident.

>Fine let's do [thing]
>Okay
>NO FUCK [THING] I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING YOU'RE OKAY WITH

You did and now I remember it too...

That and storm isn't owned by Marvel studios. If she was they would have been pushing Storm over carol.

tbf she's been trying to me 'more respectable' ever since Busiek drudged her up back in 2000. It was a logical end-game anyway.

>So can we all agree that Tony's in the wrong?
>in Civil War 2
You are delusional.

Bullshit. 4th in line on her own team (at best) and never had a solo until last year. Carol had two and connections to a Strange/Panther sized franchise, she was always the smart bet.

She should have been the father of Spider-Woman's shitty pointless baby

Fair point. It's all wrong.

But DC struggle to make Wonder Woman their own strong female singular hero in the first place.

>yfw Spider-Woman's the father

>posting the one reaction image that perfectly sums up CWII
And so, he redeems himself instantly.

No one is right. This event could have been made by anons shitposting and it would still be better

>The menstrual one
You call her that only because she is played by Tilda Swinton? that is sexist

and how did that turn out?

She's been a leader of both the X-men and avengers at several points. She hasn't gotten a solo but carols numbers have always been shit. Shooter got so annoyed with the character he got rid of her several times. The last time she was remotely popular was when Rouge stole all her powers.

Carol has always been a hack wash out. She's worse than Wonderwoman who's at least had a solid run.

Also, the fact is. Norms know who the fuck Storm is. They don't know who Carol is. Which is why she's called Captain Marvel and not Ms. Marvel. They needed striking name. However, that she doesn't matter. The character's still tanking even with constant revamps.

what was the MCU reference?

>Characters sitting around and eating talking about life
That should be crossed off. I count that weird party Stark threw in the fist issue as that.

considering Buster Armors always lose in the comics, no, not really.

>She's been a leader of both the X-men and avengers at several points
>and avengers
Now you're just bullshitting.
>carols numbers have always been shit
50 is pretty good. :^)
>Shooter got so annoyed with the character he got rid of her several times
Oh sweet "Shooter said" is complimentary now?
Also I'd appreciate if you could clarify "several", I'm only aware of the rape baby rape.

I'd go on but it's stuff that goes without saying.

>Why do you think they gave her a costume that would look less ridiculous in live action

doesn't explain that awful hair. it's not marketable at all

>that the guy's predictions are the kind that only happen if you try to stop them
Except it's the exact opposite.

>Even though that's a lesson she should have learned in issue 1, when she gets War Machine killed and She-Hulk tit-missile'd.
War Machine and She-hulk didn't die in the vision.

user, it's a Marvelbuster. Creatin a ____buster guarantees it'll fail. AoU is the ONLY time a buster armor has ever worked on its intended target.

The MCU hulkbuster had RDJ's plot armor in a Joss Whedon written movie behind it.

I want a summary written like this

Only one issue left, user.

Nobody else wanted to be in charge, so Carol felt pushed into the role.

Storm is too busy captaining the X-men while that franchise sinks into the ocean.

yep

Cyclops was right

Were they fucking?
Carol should be worse for it, but she nevertheless sucks it up and stays on course.

>carols numbers have always been shit

comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-10.html

122 A-Force 10 $3.99 Marvel 21,715

118 Ultimates 12 $3.99 Marvel 23,871

No, her numbers suck goat balls.

>Oh sweet "Shooter said" is complimentary now?

It is. Marvel's sales & critical reception faltered after he left. Carol is nothing more than filler. Pushing an Alt Right Superman is going to fail just like Ghostbusters 2016.

I dunno you could maybe bs she's military so is more prepared for it whereas Tony is Tony, i'm not looking for a no prize

>Alt Right Superman is going to fail just like Ghostbusters 2016

i'm enjoying this post

>He fights now because he blames Ulysses and Carol for killing Rhodey and Banner, but his initial arguments have since been forgotten.

Profiling, yo. Profiling.

What are "good" numbers for a comic?

THE CRIMINAL LITERALLY STOLE A TANK

FROM THE MILITARY

THAT IN ITSELF IS A CRIME

Ms. Marvel went completely retarded in that tie-in. Kamala's dumbass friend blew himself up and got pissy at her, so she teamed up with some ninja fuckers to Minority Report the future crime fighters.

>Nobody gets CVII: The Thread

I wont discuss the quality of the event. I know it's shit. What i will discuss is the motivation of the characters and the logic of the events. I've read every tie-in and I've put every panel in chronological order. It makes a lot of sense on itself. It's a nice elseworld.

The Ultimates are the world's most powerful superteam, so the Inhumans gave them authorithy over Ulysses. That made Carol the most important superhero, if only for a while.
The thing is, his peers dont give a shit about her new status.
"He" (we dont know if that's Riri Williams or Tony Stark) is not trying to kill cap, he's trying to knock down Carol. He believes Carol is trying to imprison Miles and wants to give him a chance to escape. Also, Tony is suffering from a psychotic attack. He uses a Hulkbuster because his regular armour couldn't do it the last time they fought.
Tony believes Ulysses is responsible of the death of Rodhey and Bruce, putting She Hulk in a coma, and will cause more deaths in the future. He's not accepting any counter-argument because he's in shock. After a while, the situation scalated, the government wanted to use Ulysses in a bigger scale, and other heroes stepped up to help Tony stop the situation.
>The resurrection of Hulk
>The resurrection of Namor
>The resurrection of Richard Ryder
>A black panther-created Hulkbuster machine vs Cho
>Hydra cap issues explained how the death came to be
Some of the fun stuff that chronologically happened after the trial and is all related to CVII.

>Carol doesn't get that you can't arrest people for crimes they haven't committed yet
She only did that once: with the woman with the empty suitcase, and only for a few minutes for interrogation. Given that every other Ulysses vision was accurate and that the life of people depended of her, she did the smart thing. She doesn't know that the visions can be manipulated. I'm sure that if she came to know that she would desist. She's trying to be a good person, unlike tony who at this point is borderline crazy. Cap actually points this to Tony, but he doesn't care.
Carol also acted wrong in the Alpha Flight short story and the Power Man and Iron Fist tie-ins. Those issues contradict all stablished continuity and motivations and are never referenced again, so... not very canon.
>the guy's predictions are the kind that only happen if you try to stop them
Totally untrue. The first two examples are the most obvious: the celestials and Thanos were coming, the heroes did nothing to provoke that.
>she gets War Machine killed and She-Hulk tit-missile'd
Thanos did that. If Carol had not go there, everyone at Proyect Pegassus would've died. Also, she hulk entered the coma after Thanos punched her, not because of the missiles.
It is lazy. But we got some cool tie-ins.
Never happened.
He's only prevalent in 4 issues so far, (CVII #6, 7, spider-man #9 and steve rogers #7) and this is a 100+ issue event.
>ignored his mountain of evidence that Ulysses's visions were gonna fuck up
What are you on about? She had no reason to believe that.
She mentioned it to Pietro, as an explanation of why she's not getting in the war. It's a fantastic issue. Pietro and her get decide to never meet again after that.

>complains Miles' does nothing
>complains when they do something with Miles
>complains about Miles not having character
>complains about challages/plots that shapes him
>screams that Miles gonna replace Peter
>muh boogeyman Bendis
>the two rarely see each other nowdays
>forgets all the other tens of spider people already around
It never ends.

One last thing I'll mention is that nobody gets the PLOT of the event either. It's not about the fight between Carol and Tony. It's about a series of disasters that come to happen in the life of practically EVERY single marvel character that comes near Ulysses. Friendships are broken, teams disband, hearts are broken. It's a sad story about a dark time in Marvel. Ultimates2 #1 implyies that all this is originated by a cosmic being. It's not about a war, at all.