Please be good

Please be good

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/7/30/16065872/hans-zimmer-blade-runner-2049-compose-score-denis-villeneuve
totaldickhead
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

On the good side, Harrison Ford actually liked Deckard, so this could be alright.

On the bad side, the replicant theory is debunked now because we know Deckard isn't one, Jared Leto's role is very questionable, lame love interest, first movie was totally fine on its own.

So yeah...this could be pretty bad, but I hope it's okay at best.

How many awards for costume design will this win?

>Denis Villeneuve directing with full creative control
>Roger Deakins as the DP
>Hampton Fancher again on the screenplay
>Johan Johannsson, Hans Zimmer and Wallfisch on the score
>Joe Walker as the editor
>Ryan Gosling as the main protagonist
>Ridley Scott as the executive producer
>183 million dollar budget and almost no CGI, all spent on practical set pieces
>Runtime: 2 hour and 43 minutes
It's basically impossible for this movie to end up as a total flop, just can't happen on any level.

The least this film will be is mediocre, but there is no mediocre movie on Sup Forums, only "kino masterpieces" or "utter dogshit"
So it depends will it be closer to one extreme or another for a somewhat general Sup Forums consensus.
The marketing is dogshit though

>still holding out hope for modern cinema

Didn't ridley do some usal retconning and confirmed the theory in a recent interview?

Someone tell me what they think he should be wearing as an ex-blade runner in hiding

>Harrison Ford said Force Awakens had a great script
Does anybody takes this old cars salesman seriously?

Harrison Ford couldn't possibly look more disinterested. He literally looks like we wants to kill himself and just end it all

Really don't like what i've seen so far.
The trailers make it look like an action movie and the shorts that they have released so far were pretty bad.

Also Jared Leto is going to ruin this movie with his tryhard acting.

Where the hell did he say that?

Also he's seriously retconned the fuck out of Alien at this point.

Should be holding a sign saying "I AM TOTALLY NOT A REPLICANT, I JUST FUCKED A SEX ROBOT AND THAT'S IT"

Maybe something other than the clothing that he wears when he goes shopping?

>>Denis Villeneuve directing with full creative control
>>Ryan Gosling as the main protagonist
>>Johan Johannsson, Hans Zimmer and Wallfisch on the score
>>Ridley Scott as the executive producer
all of these are bad signs
plus Johannsson wont be doing the score it will just be Zimmer

>Maybe something other than the clothing that he wears when he goes shopping?
Like WHAT. He's wearing simple casual clothes a normal person might wear around the house, but you retards are crying blue murder about it like you're Tim Gunn on meth.

I bet Harrison banged his foot on the unicorn dreaming piano while filming.

And broke his rib doing it, too

Pretty sure it's Zimmer and Wallfisch

>Like WHAT.
I don't know what. I didn't make the movie, it isn't my job to fix their shit for them.

>He's wearing simple casual clothes a normal person might wear around the house
His real house you mean. His casual clothing here looks completely out of place with the rest of the characters.

>Denis Villeneuve directing with full creative control
>Johan Johannsson, Hans Zimmer and Wallfisch on the score
Those two things don't add up.
If Villeneuve had full creative control, JJ wouldn't have been fired to be replaced with generic blockbuster zimmer

whatever
whenever i see that the name Hans Zimmer is involved in a film i intend to watch i die a little inside
im certain the music will be overzealous and loud and stupid, regardless if it's just him doing the score, or collaborating with someone else

>I don't know what.
Then shut the fuck up. There is nothing to fix but your own thinking
>His casual clothing here looks completely out of place with the rest of the characters.
it's almost as if he's from a different time!
Holy fucking shit, Sup Forums just proves their stupidity time and time again

they're on par with Ju-Wars desu senpai

Why did Johan left in the first place?

It's definitely because Villeneuve himself was not happy with the results
>"It's hard to get to Vangelis' angle. We have Johann's breathtaking atmospheric sounds, but I needed other things, and Hans helped us."
>“It’s a very specific sound, and it’s very important that the music of [Blade Runner] 2049 be directly inspired by Vangelis’ work.”

theverge.com/2017/7/30/16065872/hans-zimmer-blade-runner-2049-compose-score-denis-villeneuve

The trailer for this looked pretty decent
That's the only good thing i can say for this without actually seing it yet

Nice find and link, thanks
Happy to see he's still in control on that front, I thought he had been fuck in the ass by the studio.

>directed by Villeneuve
>Gosling in his first thriller in 4 years
>Deakins cinematography at its best
>synthwave soundtrack
>2h40 runtime
>Ana De Armas tiddies
Yeah, I'm thinking kino's on the menu this year

>Johan can't make Vangelis like music
>But Hans Zimmer can

huh

At a guess, Zimmer is more of a typical studio composer who's happy to not-so-subtly recreate someone else's style.
While Johan is an "artist" who refuses to compromise on creating "art".

This is complete bullshit. Zimmer has singlehandedly changed the "studio score" sound. What was in the 90's an era of Williams-Elfman wannabes has in the past decade been an era of Zimmer wannabes. He's the polar opposite of a "typical" composer when he introduced a fucking paradigm shift.

Johannsson has always been a one note atmospheric composer, bit of a glorified sound designer to be honest, while Zimmer and Wallfisch are great at composition and arrangements, which was an important part of the original soundtrack.

>Villeneuve
Dead on arrival

I'm saying he's happy to do so, not that he can't do anything original.
Zimmer has had decades of experience with interacting with studios and knows how to give them what they want.
Johan has had considerably less and I can imagine him being more stubborn about it

>kino on arrival
ftfy

Hans Zimmer is without a doubt the greatest composer ever to grace Hollywood. His legacy going back decades has completely changed the way films are scored today. He has countless amount of copycats none able to truly mimic him. He has made film scoring take a step away from the bland orchestral scores and more and more into the experimental space. The only legitimate reason to hate him is by the sheer amount of copycats he has created, which isn't really his fault.

Incendies was boring and tried to mask it with edgy twists.

Prisoners was also boring but tried to mask that with powerhouse performances.

Enemy was ALSO boring but tried to mask it with mystery and off-beat symbolism.

Sicario is boring but will mask that with hot topic social commentary.

Still, I agree with the guy you responded to that Zimmer is willing to recreate someone else's style. He has the talent to do it right, and had done it many times in the past (see for example his Da Vinci Code soundtrack which is a shameless rip-off of of estonian composer Arvo Pärt's works).
Yes, he can be very creative if he chose to, but he also knows how to give director just what they want.

>boring
Is this the calling card of criticism from plebs?

Yeah responded too hastily you have a good point. Zimmer is willing to bend for the director.

>full creative control

It's the calling card of directors who are so visually sterile they make Fincher look like Terry Gilliam.

His movies to tend to get boring on rewatches, but i've liked every movie of his that i've watched so far.

Boring is not a valid argument, it only says what your mood was while watching.
Same as saying "it was fun", that does not indicate anything about the actual quality of the film whatsoever.

>Fancher

His original draft for Blade Runner was shit. It was David Peoples who wrote the revised drafts and final shooting script, and it was Peoples who made it into such a success.

>WB
>Sony
>good
What are you stupid

Just a quick reminder that BR was a visually stunning b-movie

>Sony

I believe it is YOU who is stupid

What made Blade Runner such a success was the mindblowing visuals and the soundtrack.

Two things that this new movie is failing to ape so far. I sure hope that the script is great to make up for it.

It will flop financially even if it's a fantastic movie. Blade Runner bombed in '82 and it's got even less of a shot these days. No normie knows what BR is.

>Go to great lengths to do as much of the film with practical effects as possible
>But because you hired generic CG concept artists and not a visionary like Mead, and because Deakins has gone senile and decided to experiment with a digital camera, it all looks like CGI anyway

They should have either a) hired Mead again as he's still alive and working to do the concept art and design, or b) found a modern-day equivalent, and they should have driven a truck of money to Vangelis' house to get him on-board for the soundtrack. As it stands there was no point in even making this a Blade Runner film.

Also some interesting reading for brainlets who think Ridley pulled the Deckard=Replicant twist out of his ass five years after the fact, or that Fancher is in any way a good writer:

totaldickhead [dot] b l 0 g s p 0 t [dot] co.uk/2009/03/rare-blade-runner-script-drafts.html

I'm willing to bet this is how the film ends for Ana de Armas' character, he's really in love with this idea of shooting a woman in the head.

>they should have driven a truck of money to Vangelis' house to get him on-boar
user Vangelis is a 74 year old fuck who didn’t make anything relevant in a decade or two.
At best he would make a forgettable soundtrack that tries to hard to be like the original just like Williams did that for TFA.

>Two things that this new movie is failing to ape so far.

That's like your opinion, dude.

I was so fucking annoyed by how awful the soundtrack in tfa was, and how computer generated the instruments sounded, especially when compared to the soundtrack to Revenge of the sith, which was filled with emotion and an audible sense of depth and work. That was only 10 years before the force awakens.
What went so wrong?

we all want it to be good. but it won't.

He released a new album just last year, he's still going strong.

>What made Blade Runner such a success
But Blade Runner wasn't a success at all. It was years later it became a cult film.

>Villneiuve is a bad sign

How exactly? Everyone loves Sicario and Arrival.

>First movie is just another day in the city hunting androids
>this one is "the world is at stake!" And "you're the chosen one you have to find deckard!"
This is why it will be shit.

>... I blade run...

...shit.

I hadn't noticed that until now. You're right, that's always an awful sign for these things.

Depends on what they do with it.

A new album that is entirely irrelevant and instantly dated, it's like he's opening up the same exact projects and just changing up the arrangements.
And the point of the new one is not to be "exactly" like the original, it's a sequel not a remake. Same why everything isn't dirty and crowded in the new one but sterile and empty, 30 years have passed and it's clearly a different setting.

I take your point about the sterile aesthetic, but that still doesn't excuse the fact that the set dressing, costuming, etc don't look anywhere near as good as the original. Usually craftsmanship gets better with time, not worse.

ORANGE
AND
BLUE

I'm starting to think this is shilling because this thread has been the same thing for days now.

The "orange and blue" is just a complimentary colorway in color grading that's been used from the start of the use of color in any art form, but autists on the Internet like you caught up to that only a year or two ago and now just screech ORAMGE AN BLU just because they heard of the term somewhere and thinking that that some kind of argument.
Yeah it's a terrible poster, but that's a dumbass argument.

Yes.