Why do americans wear shoes on the sofa?

why do americans wear shoes on the sofa?

A better question is why do americans wear shows inside the house.

It's common courtesy
you fuckers house must stink like smelly feet
Plus you never know if you're hanging out with a foot fetishist.

>stinky feet is worse than smearing all the shit you picked up outdoors with your soles inside the house

okay.

Common courtesy is to leave your shoes at the door. It's so you don't drag all the filth you walked through outside through the house.

If you wash regularly and aren't overweight your feet won't smell.

Just take a bath lmao

>americans

This. Someone with sweaty smelly feet getting their stench on the carpet is worse than getting a little dirt on it.
what kind of shitholes do you live in where outside is full of shit you can step on and track inside the house with your shoes?

who cares? his shoes aren't dirty because he never goes outside.

No matter where you are streets will always be a lot dirtier than the insides of houses. No need to drag that inside and wipe it all over the sofa.

My boots and socks are more comfy than bare feet and I don't have to go m through any toxic wastelands when I go outside, I'm wearing my shoes in your house and you can fight me to take them off

What is a door mat?

>rubbing your shoes against an already dirty mat makes them clean

>rubbing your shoes on a dirty mat
>they're now fine to wipe over a sofa

americans are fucking weird

you won't be dragging dirt around if you clean your shoes, dip shit.

This is one of the weirdest things about Americans. They think feet are more gross than the soles of your shoes that has been outside. This combined with the common practice of having
comprehensive carpeting all throughout the house. It's like asking for your house being infested. And of course, like with the metric system, they think EVERYONE ELSE are the weirdos.

>you can wipe off dangerous bacteria

Is your country not developed enough to have door mats made of material like rubber thay are designed to remove dirt from the bottom of shoes? How sad, maybe an American philanthropist will gide you aid.

>shoes hanging off the couch
>thread still exists
He doesn't have his feet on the couch, fucking yuropoors

You're going to rinse your sneakers everytime you step into a house?

Do your houses look like that episode of Spongebob where everything is painted chrome?

not I. I actually don't understand why people let me wear shoes in their house. I'm gonna scuff up the floor

The thought of using shoes inside the house is crazy to me. If I forget my keys inside and don't have time to take off my shoes I walk on my toes and take long steps like a god damn ballerina.

>not innoculating yourself and your household with trace amounts of dangerous bacteria to strengthen your superior immune system

Its almost as if you enjoy getting sick every couple of months.

I'm not going to clean my shoes every time I step into a house.

It's nice to keep your house clean, instead of Burgerfags living in their own shit.

>American understanding of cleanliness

>It's okay to smear bacteria and shit all over your house as long as you don't see it.

those are same people who justify cutting their dicks off so they dont have to wash them

You sure must love spreading the filth of dogs/indians all over your floor.

>This. Someone with sweaty smelly feet getting their stench on the carpet is worse than getting a little dirt on it.
ever heard of fucking socks my guy?

THIS DOESNT HAPPEN WE DONT DO THIS

it's highly correlated with how wet the climate is
if it never rains like in much of the american southwest then the shoes don't really get that dirty
but in most of europe and in other parts of america it rains a lot and then your shoes are often wet and there's no chance you want those shoes in the house

i once saw a US home renovation show where they had CARPETING in the TOILET

i almost gagged when they pulled up the edges around the toilet bowl and it was all yellow from urine and filth water

The shoe thing is a very eastern thing. I wonder why people living in "Europe" care so much about that.

what's their problem?

I have lost so much respect for Americans after reading this thread. Absolute animals.

see also it gets even worse when it snows and there's sleet outside but in large parts of America it pretty much never snows

Not a burgerfag but if someone told me to take off my shoes before coming into their house I would call them a cunt and not go into their house

australia is south burgerland m8
also happens to be a place with very dry climate and no snow

Because murrica is land of free and they are not subdue to jewish tricks like good behaviour

Cool4u, great to know there's a surefire way to tell you're a cunt

I walk on my heels, i get better balance that way.

Americans are fucking retarded.

>WE SHOULD FIGHT ISLAM WITH VIOLENCE!
>W-wait you're punching nazis?? But violence is wrong!!
never fails

That's fucking disgusting

>cartoon says violence is wrong
Who are you quoting

USA is Israels little brother though

they're not at home, they're working on a show and probably have move around a lot during edits. so there's no reason for the rlm crew to constantly take their shoes on and off.

USA is Isreal*

Maybe if you would wash your feet,change socks and give your feet some air every now and then they wouldnt stink so much?

The point is obviously that nazis get mad that we're not out punching muslims but all of a sudden it's not okay to use violence when we punch nazis.

>Being so unhealthy you work up a sweat from the car ride to your neighbours house

Americans ladies and gentlemen

That could be true but Americans DO wear shoes inside the house. Most Americans think that feet are grosser than their shoes.

This. Wearing sweaty shoes 24/7 is guaranteed atheletes foot.

how do you know this? not to mention, when i take my shoes off, i tend to keep my socks on cos they're warm and i doubt the inside of my shoe isn't gross.

Nazis are mentioned where again?

Any cute European boys wanna show me their big feet at home haha

Yeah, only Nazis dislike Muslims.

This has even less to do with movies than the average RLM thread which is fucking saying something.

>Nazi thinks something's only relevant if it's explicitly mentioned
The comic is obvious nu-nazi propaganda.

Because we don't have a nasty foot fetish like yurofags

prefer it this way desu
unless your shoes are caked in mud or something

Yeah, like with jews in the 40s. Now hating terrorists is another thing, I hate terrorists too, even when they're white.

>be american
>cut off your dick so you don't have to wash it
>wear shoes in your house so you don't have to wash your feet

what a fucking autistic people

You take baths at your friends house

Americans move around with cars and mobility scooters. An average american has never touched the ground in their lives. That's why there is no worry of dirtying the floor with shoes.

Wipe your shoes down you filthy cunt

You think you're getting all the bacteria off by casually wiping? Would you touch your friend's asshole? He probably wipes, man, so it's cool. In fact it's cleaner than your shoes.

wash your feet you filthy fucking dorito smelling autist

>Be yurofags who claim to care about cleanliness
>Let Muslims take over your country
> They shit in the street and never bathe

oh boy here we go

Do Americans think that door mats, probably covered in dirt, somehow cleans their shoes with a couple of wipes?

there is no such thing as a yurofag because europe isn't a country you fucking autistic loser lmfao

there's not a single muslim here

>it wasn't mentioned or relevant but I know everyone is thinking about it
What comes first, schizophrenia or liberal politics? Chicken and egg I suppose.

Why do Europeans do this?

Muslims don't wear their shoes inside the house either.

europeans is not a word because europe isn't a country

the picture you posted is from france

T. chinks

Because it's normal.

>Americans will defend this

I've always seen it as a "familiarity" thing. If someone new (male) were to walk into my house and take their shoes off, I would consider that a bit forward, since I barely know them and they are just making themselves comfortable. I'd put this in the same category as walking up and rummaging through the fridge/pantry, laying down on the couch, or going into the bedroom uninvited.

HOWEVER, at least here in Texas most houses have a "mud room" that is right alongside the garage and leads into the house, with a sink at minimum but sometimes also a shower and a laundry hook ups. If you are muddy, or your boots are dirty, or you just came back from hunting/doing outdoors stuff, you come in through the mudroom, take your dirty muddy workboots off and maybe take a shower and get changed. I don't normally wear my boots in the house, but I don't exactly take them off at the door as soon as I get home 100% of the time. All hardwood/tile.

>the French aren't European

Eurocucks everyone

>I would consider that a bit forward
Do you not let them wipe their ass either because they're making themselves too much at home?

side note: women are exempt from the taking shoes off thing mostly because they're expected to act like children