Taika Waititi saves AKIRA from development hell!

Taika Waititi saves AKIRA from development hell!

deadline.com/2017/09/akira-taika-waititi-director-thor-ragnarok-1202173164/

on the one hand, I'm glad a black man is directing this since it'll mean no whitewashing on the other hand, why not give those 100 million to a japanese director and let the story stay in japan where it belongs?

You do know Taika is a Jew right?

A Maori Jew
He wants to get drunk but wasn't want to spend the money

>In Talks
>Taika Waititi
>black man
Have a free bump, but just know that being in talks isn't a confirmation, Mel Gibson was in talks for Suicide Squad 2 and look how that turned out

Taika is black? News to me.

how many directors have now been "in talks" to do Akira? Just let this project die

>Maori
>not black
u wot?
>Mel Gibson was in talks for Suicide Squad 2 and look how that turned out
and the world is a sadder place because of it

no he is a poo skin

thats what we call them over here in new zealand

>implying Taika is black

gonna be interesting to see how he pulls this off without (((whitewashing))) and still being the head of the (((anti racism campaign))) in NZ

Why are they trying to change the one medium left I enjoy into Capeshit tier for normies?

That's pretty cool.

>>Maori
>>not black
That's exactly what I and the rest of the educated world is saying

>how many directors have now been "in talks" to do Akira?
>Nolan
>Peele
>Justin Lin
>Jaume Collet-Sera
>Ruari Robinson

probably a few more

Daniel Espinosa
David Sandberg

>gonna be interesting to see how he pulls this off without (((whitewashing))) and still being the head of the (((anti racism campaign))) in NZ
by changing the entire cast to motorbiking maoris with psychic powers #POWERFUL

OH BOY THEY'RE MAKING A LIVE-ACTION ADAPTATION OF AN ANIME

WHAT COULD GO WRONG

Akira was already capeshit for normies. The story and characters are all garbage, it's only noteworthy for the animation.
The rest of it is just stupid explosions and screaming and shit. Seriously, it is capeshit level outside of the animation. Go watch again.

they'll have to allow North Korea to nuke a major US city first before it even makes any sense to relocate this story to America

I don't want to be that guy but the manga is way better, the movie is good but still had to cut half the story and characters.

>Akira was already capeshit for normies.
Stop using words

well...

It' wasn't cut the rest of the manga wasn't finished yet before the end of production of the anime movie by more than a year.

Otomo agrees with you. He actually hated the anime when he finished it and only made peace with it many years later.

>why not give those 100 million to a japanese director and let the story stay in japan where it belongs

cause that would risk it not making money

hes a fuckin maroi ahaha Sup Forums

Akira live action movie? lol, you're fucking kidding me.

He's half jewish you moron, at beginning he named himself Taika Cohen just to get money for they projects because it makes him looks like the chosen people you retard.

I'm worried disneymarvel will destroy waititi

Put it back in the trash where it belongs. Taika doesn't have to shit on something when his track record is so good thus far.

>why not give those 100 million to a japanese director and let the story stay in japan where it belongs?
Because the japs are just as terrible as Hollywood at adapting anime

No one should adapt Akira, ever, period.

because GHOST IN THE SHELL, DEATH NOTE, DRAGONBALL: EVOLUTION, KITE and FIST OF THE NORTH STAR were such box office smashes with their whitewashing and relocating?

Not saying the hollywood execs are right but ScarJo is the only reason Ghost in the Shell was made. They aren't risk taking people, movie budgets are investments and they gotta make a return on that investment.

agreed, the anime was a disaster. Audio and visuals were amazing, but this is another case of imdb disciples overrating average movies

I can't see it ever working as a 2 hour flick but what about 10 hours of prestige TV or a trilogy of films?

give it to Hong Kong then. you'd have the chink market in the bag and there's no arguing that STORY OF RICKY is the gold standard of anime/manga adaptations

AKIRA has always been shit, save for two cool sequences.

They should better spend the money on something original desu.

>there are people who hold up the AKIRA anime as a masterpiece
I can't believe people like that garbage yet overlook the manga, which is the real masterpiece.

well, compared to your average harem anime pedo wankfodder akira is a goddamn masterpiece

That's what happens when the vocal pleb majority watch their first anime

they're both great, who said the manga sucks?

>a jew
>forces degeneration
It all comes together in a beautiful way.

nobody says the manga sucks because almost nobody ever reads it. that's the meaning of the word "overlooked".

>Maori
>Jew

Sweet sassy mollasy. When aliens make first contact, are we gonna find out their jews too?