Creature Design

Is there a name for the style of creature design in Independence Day 2: Resurgence? It's so cool looking, but I have a hard time putting words to it. Some characteristics:

>hybrid of various creatures to give it an enigmatic look
>lots of tendrils or slender appendages
>imposing but nebulous face
>from outer space or deep within the ocean (i.e. has been near us for a long time, we just haven't noticed it)
>possesses an indescribable quality

Also, any other monster designs like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Ec1jRu4TPY
youtube.com/watch?v=wkPR4Rcf4ww
twitter.com/AnonBabble

kafkaesque

wow I thought the OP actually wanted to have a discussion but it was all for this stupid meme, ya got me

No, not exactly. This is what I imagine as Kafkaesque. There's another word for the creature design, I'm sure.

Here's the discussion: I just watched this movie this morning. What a trite piece of hollywood schlock. What did you think?

You should have figured it out by the filename.

Anyway, is it just me or is equating Lovememe with tentacles and generalized squid-like features detracting from the general, basic idea of "fear of the unknown? I mean, it's reducing him to a hentai fetishist almost.

If they're gonna be truly (((Lovecraftian))) the tentacles and shit should be the ONLY thing we're able to even comprehend, and they should be so large that we can't understand THAT.

Lovecraftian perhaps?

>You should have figured it out by the filename.
I know, DUMB!

Simply Tatopoulosesque.

you need to watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=_Ec1jRu4TPY

Biomechanical is a start. Somewhere Geiger influenced but sanitized of the sexuality.

Giger-lite?

Carpenteresque

You might love this as a background, user

Phyrexian?

this post will be underrated

Kafkaesque has nothing to do with monsters
youtube.com/watch?v=wkPR4Rcf4ww

Snyderesque

i call it the
WHAT IF CTHULHU AND GIGER'S XENOMORPH WEREN'T JUST A STORY AND THEY HAD A BABY?

>hook line and sinker

Wow that's lovecraftian

Lynchian

Such a faggesque figure

When MTG was good ;_;

The reddit post where they talk about "tentacles" just being a 5th dimension being dipping in our reality was good.Someone got it saved?

Anymore Lynchian pictures like this?

Nice

very lovecraftian

How's this?

This whole thread is canceresque

awww shiiit! that's fucking awesome so epic!! why does hollywood keep adapting trash when they could do this wtf hollywood!!

>let's discuss this soulless cash grab made twenty years too late

shoggoth

Well I thought it was about overall creature design, like he said in his subject, ya dingdongicus

I think it's squid period. At least the outter shell/armor/suit part is obviously a squid. Everything about it is a squid. Its texture, color, mucous, tentacle, symmetrical and large and long head, big eyes, no mouth under the eyes

That isn't the adjective you're looking for.

>being this butthurt that he doesn't get lovecraftian elements in a story

>squid period

from squid's sit & fit?

Yeah, Like a neutered Geiger look.

I like this one

Try to find wallpaper like this to truly experience the uncanny at home

oh my god das awesome !! so weird like omg !!

>everything good from ADI didn't make it into the movie

Or! Take your lovecraft, and sprinkle it onto some escher and you get this madness

wow that's trippy oh shit !! so fukcing aweome.

Elesh Norn best girl

He's really stretching the definition of "tentacle monster" with some of those.

pretty gud
you have a blog familia?
I'm something of a monster sketcher myself

To prove him wrong all we need is an alien who looks like red skull or Hellboy(its in the video lol) and who doesn't have tentacles and who doesn't go around as apelike bruiser. Or we need some avian alien with beak and feathers. Or they could make more insectoids with 6 arms who are also sentient and can wear fucking armour and space suits, and who are NOT GREY. Why are all aliens fucking naked? Why are they grey? I agree with Max, many of aliens designs are lazy as fuck. Likee this one picrelated could be so much better - make it colourfull, evil aliens who are also colorful can be even more scary than grey ones. Or they think we will see not grey alien killing people and not be frightened?

But you gotta agree that OP pic is the definition of lazyness - grey, has tentacles and is apelike strong thing that relies on brute force. They are fucking hacks with no imagination or hidden agenda. I myself don't believe in all predictive programming shit but sometimes you have to wonder. Fuck this discourse.

>discourse

is this post, dare i say it, foucaultian?

>I myself don't believe in all predictive programming shit but sometimes you have to wonder.

Maybe you should.

Is this a JJ Abrams doc

is this from the void?