Trek thread - /trek/

Why do people hate on Enterprise so much? I thought it got pretty comfy in the later seasons.

Also trek thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/XwHGU
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_(episode)
twitter.com/gillianpringle/status/910252873602048000
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>threads about a new show that is very close to launching and is controversial is getting more attention than a thread dedicated to a series which last had a TV show over a decade ago
Yeah. Really spaghettis my meatballs, you dingdong.
>why you replied negatively
Generals fill up with general posters. If you don't have a general, we will post general posts in other threads. You are literally asking us to leave our self-made containment zone to fuck with other threads. Threads you seem to like as they are. How do you not see this as shooting yourself in the foot?
>reason for keeping them
See above, same difference.

Check them.

No digits but still best girl.

>best girl
Wrong.

I said girl.

That lion has a mane.

When does TOS get good

imgur.com/a/XwHGU

So you weren't around pre-/trek/ I take it, or for some reason don't believe me when I say we actually used to have good threads? I guess it would sound hard to believe if you've only been used to these shitpost-havens.

>Generals fill up with general posters. If you don't have a general, we will post general posts in other threads. You are literally asking us to leave our self-made containment zone to fuck with other threads.
Actually those same posters used to post in trek threads long before we had generals, and people still ignored them. Difference is there were actually non-general posters in the thread able to ignore them.
You obviously don't understand the point I've been trying to make, which I'll remind you is that generals stifle discussion about a topic altogether, you're arguing about things I'm not even talking about.
My argument is that generals themselves are bad, general posters don't dissuade people from joining a thread, the badly-made generals themselves do.

>Threads you seem to like as they are.
Not really, I've said plenty of times how generals get in the way of people trying to make their own trek threads. Shit that never happened before we had these awful /trek/ threads being made daily, I've still not seen a good enough reason for it.

Is it possible for the borg to assimilate a Q?

Alright, I give up. You are clearly intentionally missing my points or are genuinely mentally handicapped, and you're wasting both our time trying to bait me into getting mad by calling me new. Good luck dealing with your mental problems, my man.

No.

3-4 episodes in, when watched in airing date

It gets the same amount of hate any other series does. Its fans are just more sensitive.

ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS!!!

During one of Constable Odo's patrols at Quark's, A COMPLETELY RANDOM sweep I assure you, certain contraband containing one data rod of Kobiyashi Chii no Maid Dragon was found on a now suspected member of the Resistance. Need I remind you all that Tohru is MY waifu, and that ALL 20th to 21st Century Japanese Earth Cartoons are forbidden by Central Command.

Dukat out.

>>Generals fill up with general posters. If you don't have a general, we will post general posts in other threads. You are literally asking us to leave our self-made containment zone to fuck with other threads.
>Actually those same posters used to post in trek threads long before we had generals, and people still ignored them. Difference is there were actually non-general posters in the thread able to ignore them.
? Pretty sure I addressed your point(s?), and there was no need to copy pretty much what I'd already said to you.
2bh I was also going to say how generals being a containment thread could maybe be a possible good reason (but another weak one), pretty sure I'd already said that earlier though.
Anyway, the discussion from non-generals outweighs any kind of containment the generals would give (and who knows, maybe those generalfags would actually start to join in the discussion too?)

also
>you're wasting both our time trying to bait me into getting mad by calling me new
Aren't you the one who started all that with "You have clearly not been here long enough to realize it."?
I'm not the one here who somehow doesn't seem to remember trek threads circa 6 months ago.

ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS

I HAVE BEEN OUT ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS-ED.

THAT IS ALL.

why?

The Prime Minister of Sweden visited Washington today and my tiny little nipples went to France. The White House reception committee greeted the Prime Ribroast Minister and... I do the cha-cha like a sissy girl. I lik-a do da cha-cha. Bulla blah, bulla blabity bulla bla Kaa kaa poo poo. PEE PEE

This one is really fucking good.

What are we gonna do on the bed?

Q exist on a higher plane of reality and merely show us whatever form they want us to see, they are not actually "there with us"
At least that's what my headcannon says

Too advanced. Q can't be caught off guard or adapted to by the Borg. One snap of the fingers from a single Q and boom, entire species wiped out with a thought. If you're asking if a willing Q allowing the borg to assimilate them, it's still very unlikely, since their form is pure energy or whatever the borg probably don't have anything they could stick the consciousness of a Q in order to assimilate.

why did they let such a chauvinist be captain?

Why did they fake it shake it booty quake it?

>Q can't be caught off guard
What about that voyager civil war Q ep? What about when in TNG when the young Q girls parents who were also Q were killed by a tornado.

But otherwise I concede to your other points

he is french, you can't do much about it

Why are romulans simultaneously so brilliant and so fucking goddamn stupid?

>runs into a room full of school children screaming THE BORG! THE BOOOORG!

Voyager Barclay is amazing

weren't those Q living as humans as in they turned themselves into ones?

Why'd they let such a fatass be a first officer?

>the young Q girls parents who were also Q were killed by a tornado.
they were either stripped of their power, or vowed to never use it again even in the face of death, don't exactly remember which one?

They still had their powers. they were killed for using them after agreeing never to use them again

You telling me you wouldn't stare at near-prime Olivia D'Abo's chest?

>tfw no Barclay bf to be depressed with

>the weight of command

delet this

Q stuff in TNG was canonically done all to mold Picard into a being suited for the specific task required by the Q. VOY Q was caught off guard by other Q if I recall, I don't remember the specifics, but I don't think anything on the tech level of the Borg caught the Q off guard. If you wanted to, you could explain it away the same way the books did for Picard, it was a necessary ordeal to make Janeway & co learn... something.

please do not bully fat Riker

Reminder that even Barclay outranks O'Brein
No wonder Keiko was so mad

Reminder than O'Brien was repeatedly demoted and passed over for promotion due to (well deserved) covered up war crimes against spoonhead civilians.

That episode where they got sucked into the cartoon farm was surprisingly quite emotional.

Star Trek needs more races in encounter suits. All they have had are the Breen. a minor antagonist race from Ds9.

It would be cheaper and easier than bumpy face make up aliens. plus if it is a main protag/antag. You have everyone wondering what they look like under the suit.

>tali best girl

Even Nog outranked him.

Still mad about face reveal

>Breen are notoriously xenophobic
>Breen wear refrigeration suits
>everyone believes that it's because their planet is an iceball
>Ferengi legend says they traded their polar ice caps to a Breen for warp drive tech
>planet is actually temperate and pleasant

So why do they wear refrigeration suits?

why was he always so fucking smug?

imagine a show between TOS and TNG. the ship's chief engineer is a midget alien race, named Jeffery. Spent so much time crawling through minimal access shafts and empty spaces between decks. He designs a new feature for all starfleet ships. The Jeffery's Tube. Which he spends most of his time in in the second ship of the series. He just randomly pops up all over the ship. Since he is always walking through the tubes.

ATTENTION BENJAMIN SISKO

YOUR DAD MADE CUMMIES IN A SPACE GOD. I TRIED TO STOP HIM BUT DAMN IT THERE AIN'T ENOUGH JAMBALAY IN THE QUADRANT.

ALSO I NEED YOU TO PEEL THE POTATOES AND SHUCK THE OYSTERS.

THAT IS ALL.

they want the actors be able to emote with their faces and eyes

air conditioning is nice. maybe it is also an emergency space suit because they worry about hull breeches? or maybe the Breen just don't want anyone to see their true form for some cultural reason.

In the novels, the Borg have been unable to assimilate Q, however the borg queen had a conversation with lady Q and implied that since the Q are energy based, and all energy can be assimilated, the borg would eventually figure out a way to assimilate the Q. This never happened, but the implication was enough to concern lady Q, so i imagine it is within the realm of possibility

Because like every Trek series, it takes a couple seasons to get good.

However unlike every other Trek series, fans didn't want to wait that long.

That's how military ranks work. It wouldn't seem so retarded if they'd shown more people besides O'Brien and disposable red/gold shirts being a crewman instead of a commissioned officer

That said, all through S7 Nog just takes orders from O'Brien without a word. He was clearly a crappy leader who I'd have never trusted with the Defiant.

Tali's voice actress did a good job of emoting with out having face.

Tom Hardy did Bane and Dunkirk. Where his face was mostly covered.

Because like most idiots, he thought he was the smartest man in the room.

Please stay still for several hours while we build an energy web around your ship.

>no trigger discipline

this, plus he was literally satan

The Q could always use time travel to undo anything.

The novels get retarded with the Borg origin and ultimate demise. evidently they were created by a time travel accident involving a race of aliens that have powers like Dr. Manhattan. These Manhattan aliens eventually wiped out the borg by giving drones free will, or turning drones and borg worlds back to their original states.

was that the episode with Kirk phasing in and out reality?

Sisko bought Cassidy a scarf made of Tholian Silk

Did the Tholians make silk as a profession, or did they make her scarf with fibers from their butts?

I stopped watching because they stole some parts from some aliens. The aliens refused to trade as they needed them, so the "good guys" just took them anyway. It pissed me off.

I've watched the entire series since then, but it was still bullshit.

Yes

who knows. enterprise canon states that Tholians need temperatures up to 500 degress Fahrenheit to live.

Q and Borg should have been the same race but reaching different evolutionary endpoints, it would have made Q being wary of them better

Which ones?

Then there's another point. During DS9 a bombing at a Feredation conference included a Tholian observer who was killed in the blast.

I don't see an Andorrian sitting in a 500 degree room discussing politics

Yeaa the caeliar. It was a stupid premise that went against other novels who hinted that borg have been around for millions, if not billions, of years.

Personally, i'd like to think the borg are an evolutionary recurrence throughout the universe, like bipedalism. The caeliar borg are just the latest incarnation of this cycle

Maybe in some kind of environment containment suit?

This is just the Breen thing all over again

>an evolutionary recurrence throughout the universe, like bipedalism.

user, bipedalism was genetically seeded in most species billions of years ago by the Founders. It's intentional

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_(episode)

It was this one, the Enterprise needs a warp coil, so they steal it from aliens, leaving them stranded for years.

Fair enough. But they played the breen mysterious enough to be interesting.

they gave them enough food to last their journey back at least

IT'S BEEN A LONG ROAD

GETTING TO DISCOVERY

i would prefer it if the Borg were just an accident of medical technology.

Some alien race was suffering something like the Phage or a species wide genetic defect. So they cured themselves with cyborg parts. Then that started to fail. so they invented the nanoprobes to keep their bodies repaired. Which was all linked together into one planetary wide wireless network. This worked to keep them alive. Then they wanted to improve themselves using the technology. then some accident or malicous act screwed everything up. Creating this stupid hive mind that seeks to absorb everything to make it self better.

Then Lore and Huehuehue corrupted the hive mind. which resulted in the Queen and the borg getting even stupider. To the point that Voyager was beating them up for lunch money.

Needs of the many, billions of lives at steak

So if you were at work and someone took the engine out of your car, but gave you a week's worth of food and said "well you can walk home" that's okay?

that's a terrible analogy. besides they didn't have to give them any food or supplies

ENT > VOY

twitter.com/gillianpringle/status/910252873602048000

So either Sisko is a white man, or DS9 is no longer canon

Which is it?

Yeah the analogy makes more sense if they took the engine out of your motorboat to better illustrate how isolated the victims were.

If i recall correctly, that actually was the origin of the borg that was presented in the TOS manga.

Maybe the borg collective as we know it is the result of various technologically augmented hivemind species merging and evolving into one huge unit?

it's still a bad analogy because they don't take their engine they just take their warp coil. they can still move on impulse power but not go to warp

would anyone debate that?
I mean the whole season 3 of ENT was pretty much
>what if VOY was done right?

This is the 300th time this has been posted in trek gen. We get it.

nothing is canon since jj's nu-trek

Just like the boat can still move by the currents.

he is a nigger, not a black person

>Khajit has wares if you have coin

yeah they can still move but not as fast. it's like they took their combustion engine and left them with only the current and their sails

tfw no Cardie waifu