'When Jack Nicholson accepted the role of the Joker in 1989's "Batman" for $6 million instead of his then-average...

>'When Jack Nicholson accepted the role of the Joker in 1989's "Batman" for $6 million instead of his then-average salary of $10 million, part of the deal was that Nicholson would earn a percentage of the film's total earnings, including merchandise sales. "Batman" was an overwhelming success, grossing $411 million worldwide (or just over $500 million domestically after adjusting for inflation), and Nicholson ended up earning more than $60 million for the role.'

Looks like a pretty dumb deal from the producers part

>In early 1975, Brando signed on to Superman as Jor-El with a salary of $3.7 million and 11.75% of the box office gross profits, totaling $19 million. He horrified [producer] Salkind by proposing in their first meeting that Jor-El appear as a green suitcase or a bagel with Brando's voice.

>When Matt LeBlanc auditioned for the role of Joey in "Friends" he only had $11 dollars to his name. When the cast got their paychecks, the first thing that Courteney Cox bought was a car. Matt LeBlanc bought a hot dinner.

b2reddit

At first I read that as " Matt LeBlanc auditioned for the role in 'Joey'" and I thought why the fuck he would have to audition for that.

Every time I read this I pucker my asshooe out of cringe

Someone add the Pepe hand

nononono it should be HOOOT GIRL NOT HOT DINNER

They didn't really have a choice. Nicholson saved the movie.
And I mean that in the way that if it wasn't for Nicholson's involvement the project would have probably fallen apart. The production for this movie was a complete fucking mess and Michael Keaton's casting was so controversial they honestly almost shut down the project until Jack was cast and reignited people's interest.

>Michael Keaton's casting was controversial

lmao srsly
ironically he ended up being the most based Batman of them all (unless we're counting Conroy, who is the GOAT)

things like these remind me of when Ledger was confirmed as the Joker in TDK. Everyone and their mother keked hard and thought nolan had gone Ridley Scott-tier senile

you you threw away my sandwich..

>He horrified [producer] Salkind by proposing in their first meeting that Jor-El appear as a green suitcase or a bagel with Brando's voice.

Brando wanted to see how much he could fuck with them, and how much power he had over the production.

He also refused to learn his lines for the film, and forced them to write his lines on the diaper of the baby he was interacting with.

>The original "pillow talk"-scene had Marla saying "I want to have your abortion". When this was objected to by Fox 2000 Pictures President of Production Laura Ziskin, David Fincher said he would change it on the proviso that the new line couldn't be cut. Ziskin agreed and Fincher wrote the replacement line, "I haven't been fucked like that since grade school". When Ziskin saw the new line, she was even more outraged and asked for the original line to be put back, but, as per their deal, Fincher refused.

>Brando was signed for a low fee of $50,000, but in his contract, he was given a percentage of the gross on a sliding scale: 1% of the gross for each $10 million over a $10 million threshold, up to 5% if the picture exceeded $60 million. According to Evans, Brando sold back his points in the picture for $100,000, as he was in dire need of funds. "That $100,000 cost him $11 million," Evans claimed

Brando was so pissed, he didn't return for the sequels.

He was primarily known for his comedy roles before this. People didn't think he would fit the role because of typecasting.

DID SOMEONE SAY HOT DINNER?

>hehe I'll trick them into thinking I'm retarded
>joke's on you, fucko, I was just pretending
truly /ourguy/

>how could a guy who reads lines from a comedy script ALSO read lines from a superhero script?
>it'll never work!
Why are producers/studios so fucking clueless about their own line of work? Still to this day it's the same shit

Same thing with Affleck as Batman. Everyone lost their shit but they seemed to like him in BvS.

Ernie Hudson auditioned for the role of Winston in the Real Ghostbusters animated series and lost out to Arsenio Hall.

and became the second worst adaptation of the joker.

So fucking based

Not Sup Forums, but Hideo Kojima had David Hayter audition for every Metal Gear game he was in because he wanted someone better, but could never find anyone good until he got Kiefer Sutherland for MGSV.

>When Harry Shearer auditioned for the role of Sneed in "The Simpsons," he only had 11 gummy bears to his name. When the cast got their paychecks, the first thing that Chuck bought was a farm. Harry Shearer bought seed and feed.

And then he cut all of Kiefer's lines because he watched Mad Max Fury Road.

But you are playing the medic in MGSV so a different VA makes perfect sense...

>Frank Sinatra was originally meant to be cast as John McClane in Die Hard due to a deal in a previous movie where he had the privilege to be the first option in the next, but he refused and then Fox decided to cast Schwarzenegger, with the movie now being a Commando sequel, but he also declined, then Stallone who too refused, Bruce Willis was their last option and they didn't have faith on him as he only worked as a comedy actor.

>In the end, the movie was a success and it started Willis transition from a comedy to action actor.

yeah but think of the merchandising he didn't get a peice of. that shit was ubiquitous for years

TIL

That quote only exists in that picture you saw posted here you dummy.

Except that in Japan Big boss and Venom Snake had the same VA. End of the day, Hayter's Snake voice turned to shit after MGS3, so fuck him.

Bullshit

>imagining die hard as an arnold led commando sequel

pitt's reaction to her saying that is pretty funny in the movie

How are they clueless? They casted him you idiot. The backlash was from the public.

Brando was so based he forsaw the horror of capeshit rending apart modern cinema that he tried to nip it in it's very bud.

Donald Sutherland made the big mistake in turning down 2% of the film's gross for only 40k. That costed him $14 million. I'd go crazy just at the thought of this.

He was the only good part of that shitty movie.

>(unless we're counting Conroy, who is the GOAT)
He's terrible in Knight (but nobody could make that game good)

post fishburne matrix goofs

>costed

This is why, as an actor, you always angle for a percentage.

All it takes is one hit and you're set. Barring that you can still live comfortably.

anyone with a comfy Dano pasta?

No, he just was an angry, drugged up old man. He did similar shit all the time, and the pinnacle was Dr. Moreau

Didn't Leo do this with Titanic? Pretty sure he made $200 mil from that film alone

He was right about the midget, though.

Actually, the other guy is closer to the truth.

Marlon says it himself in his own documentary. His downward spiral really makes sense when you see his life as a whole.

Scene worked better without him.

>prime ahnold fitting through manhattan ac units
my suspension of disbelief can only go so far

yeah the appeal of mclane was that he was a sympathetic blue collar everyman (sort of). he wasn't a roided out special forces meat grinder. matrix would've tore through that building and solved the plot in 5 minutes. he wouldn't have needed vents

>Karen Mayo-Chandler, a Playboy Playmate, outed Jack Nicholson as a spanko by saying that he had a paddle (ping-pong paddle) and loved to spank women. His girlfriend's nickname for him is "Spanking Jack."

>Video producer Nu-West/Leda Productions has a M/F title called Spanked for Jack. Their online catalog describes this as a custom-made video for a client they call "Spanking Jack". There is no mention of Nicholson's name, but it appears to have been made at his request. In the video, two nude girls are simultaneously spanked; during this, they both talk into hand-held cameras.

please elaborate

dat filename

>tfw this based mother fucker finds a way to be my hero even more

Newfaggot

It was literally a reddit post spammed on Sup Forums ya dingus.

Except
>ground zeroes
Kept you waiting huh?

And that's the joke you fucking moron. Saying someone needs to go back when they're posting that ironically outs yourself as a pleb.

Based. And he would have made even more off of Joker if Batman Triumphant ever came out.

holy h*ck dude
>Nicolas Cage as Dr. Jonathan Crane/The Scarecrow (role offered)
>scarecrow toxins cause all of the villains to return in Batman's mind
>Harley Quinn ends up being Joker's daughter
Would've been the GOAT Batman film.

>acting is just reading lines
Why are you so fucking clueless about how movies work?

HOT KARL

and?? drop your knowledge bro

Somebody get this hot meal into me!

>matrix would've tore through that building and solved the plot in 5 minutes

I'd pay so much to see the prime ahnuld version of die hard

Afflek as Batman made immediate sense to me. I was surprised that people didn't like it.

>Bruce Wayne, a billionaire Playboy is the Batman? Yeah fucking right
>Ben Afflek, that dude who played Daredevil and loves comic books as Batman? Yeah fucking right

I don't know, made sense to me.

I knew that Affleck would be a great Batman, problem is he got fucked out of a truly good performance cuz of the shoehorning of Batman in BvS. Had they made The Batman first (directed and written by Ben) before the abortion that BvS was, it would at least solidify him as a great Bruce Wayne/Batman, but the shekelmasters just needed to speed up their own version of the MCU.

Instead his 'legacy' will be diarrhea-tier - when I watched Justice League's trailer I was in disbelief at the amount of cringe I was witnessing. It's just a quipmachine now who plays safe and with your Mouse-tested formula for modern capeshit.

just end it bros

Actually Kojima never cared about the english VA until MGS5.

This might be the mother of them all

>Sean Connery turned down the role of Gandalf in the Lord Of The Rings trilogy, losing out on nearly $450million dollars

>The former James Bond actor was offered the part of Gandalf in Peter Jackson’s adaptation of Tolkien’s fantasy trilogy, which eventually went to Ian McKellen, but turned it down despite being offered $6million per film.

>To add insult to injury, Connery was also tempted to join the cast with a 15% stake in the film franchise’s box office profits, meaning the actor lost out on a potential multi-million payday.

>remember, Hans, when I promised to kill you last?
>yes you did!
>I lied

Wasn't he also offered Morpheus in the Matrix too, very early on in production?

Dude either had the worst agent or the worst taste in movies ever.

That's a lot of work for money he wouldn't really get to enjoy since he went senile soon afterward.

>League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

You may be onto something here

>forgot about the (((accounting)))

Jesus this is even worse than Will Smith declining The Matrix for Wild Wild West

Sounds like Predator 2, except with Arnold in it.

>
>That was The Architect, not Morpheus.

Guys a multi multi millionaire who spent his whole life fucking 10s, drinking scotch and moved out of shitty Scotland

He didn't need any more money

>best Bond and the Fresh Prince as Morpheus and Neo