Pepe the frog officially illegal to post

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/8x8gaa/pepe-the-frogs-creator-lawsuits-dmca-matt-furie-alt-right

He's obviously never heard of the Streisand effect

I'm an outlaw woooo

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#freedomfight or whatever he tweeted which allows you to post it

There
Now he can take you to court and you'll win every time

>VICE

Directly into the trash

>but Pepe later became an internet meme and during the 2016 US presidential election the alt-right movement appropriated the frog in various grotesque and hateful memes.
Why are journalists so bad at their jobs?

You mean illegal to make money from? Sucks that your alt-right loser friends are getting sued I guess but they should respect that we live in a Capitalist society ;)

He actually has a valid claim in the case of people selling pepe merchandise.

>vice
>journalists

I think you're being a bit generous.

>Previously, Apple had refused to publish the game until it removed Pepe the Frog. Apple has a blanket ban against Pepe the frog that it has enforced against multiple app creators.

When we make a meme so damn Apple actually has a corporate policy about it.

>at least my son is still a niche meme

iirc that's literally what happened though

You're just saying that if you say something bad about Donald Trump you are bad which makes no sense.

Apustaja will always be ours

Ids tyme tu invest in moar apus frens

Living on the edge

trumpbabs don't even know what it's like to feel good man

time to dust Kek off, just like in old, good times thousend years ago!

>iirc that's literally what happened though
Pepe has been a meme since 2008 you dumb newfag

Pepe meme has been around longer than most Sup Forums posters have been alive

Pepe was a meme long before 2016, maybe it just became a mainstream normie meme in 2016.

Shit I didn't read it correctly.

fuck the constabulary

all dumb frog posters belong in prison

who /rebel/ here?

I suppose that only includes the original feels good man and other faces he has from its comics, any other of those are variations "loosely based" on Pepe the Frog.

Why did you just post a blank image?

Fight me

>the state of the alt-left

is this Sup Forums? or Sup Forums? Hmmm.

ah-bloo-bloo

This is Sup Forums where we've always had vice threads and your kind never stop posting frog threads

Vice has a tv channel, this article was on vice. Therefore this thread is completely on topic.

>Pepe is actually becoming rare
>Only Sup Forums will have Pepe
Pottery

pepe is fucking shit now anyway

Only the feels good man version of the character is his, literally every other variation was created by thousands of anonymous people

Good luck, I'm behind 6 proxies!

Unlicensed reproductions of Mr. Furie's intellectual property is copyright infringement so expect to hear from his attorney!

It's OK.
You can post your Pepes as long as you put Matt's copyright on them.

A million idiots can draw Darth Vader in their unique ways. Darth Vader is still owned by Disney.

I heard you have a big nigger dick

© Matt "I suck all the dicks, even my dad's" Furie

I can understand dude trying to prevent people from making shekels by selling his product.

I will NEVER understand how butthurt leftists managed to convince themselves that pepe is a "hate" symbol. That's just retarded.

>mfw the prices of all my rare pepes will go skyrocketing

but the article doesn't say it wasn't a meme before the election? only that it was used then.

and, not when.

frens? frens!

Reminder that half the posters in this thread took OP's title literally and actually believe they are rebelling against the law right now.

>Mfw all my rare pepes died with my phone, and I reinvested in apu and frenhouse

'pepe' is already past its 'prime' anyway
normalfags dont care about 'pepe'. oldfags on Sup Forums never cared about 'pepe'. only a dwindling number of teenagers who came to Sup Forums in 2014 and associate 'pepe' with their honeymoon phase of Sup Forums and consider it the 'quintessential Sup Forums meme' because it was big when they got here still care about 'pepe'

The case got thrown out immediately

Despite being online, journalism still hasn't figured out how to adapt to cover online phenomenon accurately.

Who is this guy? He is to politics what incel is to sex

awful shit like this should be purged from the internet

Wow, first post retarded post. Clearly has no idea what "Streisand Effect" means. He's not trying to suppress knowledge of Pepe, moron.

>reinvested in apu and frenhouse
are you dumb? will gona lose all your money mate

You can't monetise someone else's copyrighted character

No it wasn't you dipshit. It was a moderately popular reaction image & the comics got posted on Sup Forums every once in a blue moon. It was never called "pepe". Nobody called "pepe" a "meme" until years later when r9k adopted it

the brick wall cake gets me every time

Who cares? Sneed is the new Pepe.

He's doing his (((job))) just fine

when will those kikes learn

He's trying to stop a particular section of the internet from appropriating his character. I think we all know that this will only increase the use of his character in memes from those sections of the internet.