I don't get it guys. Disney can literally afford to make 2d films. They are a multibillion dollar company...

I don't get it guys. Disney can literally afford to make 2d films. They are a multibillion dollar company. Why don't they do some 2d films on the side at least?

Disney has so many side projects constantly in the work already. Most likely there are a ton of concepts for 2D movies that are in pre-production, but end up becoming turned into live action, 3D, or just shorts.

because 2d is the past
3d is the future
4d is the next level

Because the shareholders would complain that it's pointless.

There are rarely companies as successful as Disney that aren't publicly-traded. There's Valve, but that hasn't worked out so well. They're trying to become a tech company instead of fucking making Half-Life 3.

They resurrected 2D with Princess and the Frog and Winnie the Pooh. Both films underperformed back to back, which gave them reason to once again discontinue the medium.

Princess and the Frog underperformed due to misaimed marketing, and Winnie the Pooh was sabotaged.

Paperman-tech 2D resurgence when?

I'm not a Sup Forumsfag, much less a PC neckbeard, but has Valve actually made anything since Portal 2? How did "Steam Boxes" end up turning out?

I heard Moana was originally suppose to be a 2d movie, until Lasseter got his hands on it.

Because their Wall Street pimps and zloty-grabbing overlords will not allow them making art anymore,user.

honestly tough, it's one of the most beautiful 3D animated films I've ever seen. I'd like to complain, but in this case, I really can't

I have to wonder though if Disney secured the rights to Mort back then, and followed through with making it 2D, would it do well enough for them to continue 2D features.

I honestly think the main reason for Winnie the Pooh's existence was to give Robert and Kristen Lopez a chance to demonstrate that they could write family-friendly songs (since their reputation had been built on Avenue Q) before being allowed to work on Frozen.

It's a shame too. I don't know what it is about it but 3d just feels so cold and mechanical, while 2d with its errors feels alive and like you can feel the human element behind its making.

How would 4d even work?

3D is cancer killing cartoons.

"4D film or 4-D film is a marketing term for an entertainment presentation system combining a 3D film with physical effects that occur in the theatre in synchronization with the film. Effects simulated in a 4D film may include rain, wind, strobe lights, and vibration. Seats in 4D venues may vibrate or move a few inches during the presentations. Other common chair effects include air jets, water sprays, and leg and back ticklers. Hall effects may include smoke, rain, lightning, air bubbles, and smell."

Steam Boxes flopped, and so did the Steam Controller, but surprisingly, the Vive is doing really fucking well. The Oculus Rift is actually going to have to play catch-up once it's released, even though it's gotten more press.

in todays disney you watch the princesses
in future 4d disney you become the princess

You get shocked and it's supposed to be charming.

The fourth dimension is time.

The movie ends before it begins.

hey look my popcorn is still warm...

Frozen also started out as 2D

You just watched Arrival?

No, I was making a Pearls Before Swine reference.

No one here reads newspaper comics anymore. I loved Pearls back when I still did, though.

I bought a good chunk of the treasuries.

I used to try to make PBS threads but no one ever got in them.

I'd probably read them for some nostalgia.

Because 2D is the old method, and old is not good for a progressive company of the future.

I miss old Pearls, when it tried to push it make you think critically. Not now where it's the same formula all the time.

For the actual reason, 3D movies typically look better than 2D movies of the same budget. The average non-artist is going to say that Frozen and Zootopia looked far better than The Princess And The Frog.

4d is cinema speak for video games, virtural reality to be exact. Hollywood doesn't want to admit that videogames are the nxt natural step in level of immersion

Because to err is human.

Because Princess and the Frog

>Regal Cinemas, I've come to bargain