>"Taxation is theft"
>Pirates everything online

Other urls found in this thread:

mises.org/library/against-intellectual-property-0
theguardian.com/music/2009/apr/21/study-finds-pirates-buy-more-music
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>pirating online

>literally not removing something from somebody else's possesion

You might as well call it "copying online" instead of "pirating online".

It's against the law to copy now?.

Shit, I'd better get rid of my printer.

Copyright law is against the free market
Entirely an invention of the state

when you buy online you're paying for the rights to use something
it's theft in the same way watching a movie at the cinema without paying for the ticket is theft

Ancrap fedoras are cancer

If you dont want it pirated, protect it against piracy
Its not actually stealing,same was as buying competitors product is not stealing
The original maker loses nothing except the potential sale

taxation is theft in the sense that it's money being taken away from the rich and given to the poor for no real reason other than "muh equality".

copyright promotes free markets, bro.

If artists don't own their works, then they have no reason to create and distribute their art.

Freedom is made of compromises. Free markets doubly-so. When the compromise goes full-tilt, though, you lose freedom.

Digital media is essentially magic.

it's much more difficult to protect than piracy than pirate.

the bytes that make songs and movies and games are actually physical, there's work behind that series of bits, and the creator has decided that you need to get them from them and/or pay for it in a certain way

No.
If a artist wants to make music, he can figure it out. Maybe by donations. By offering a better service. By suing people who leak the songs (if they agree to a contract that they won't)
I didn't agree to any contract when I'm downloading it.

www.afdah.org

more of these

>>"Taxation is theft"
>>Pirates everything online

I'd pay for it, but they'd tax me for it.

haha. Hell yeah.

I'm paying the artist to use it, and THEN I have to pay the government JUST for the right to buy it? why are they earning a cut again?.

I should thank them for having to be forced to pay on top of what I'm paying to someone else right when they didn't do shit?.

Oh yeah, I forgot. They need the money because they're spending 400 Trillion on a fucking jet that doesn't work so it's justified.

>thanks Lockheed Martin, may you and all your employees stay in business have jobs the the next 500 years, you're too big to fail.

How do donations prevent people from leaking your song? You could argue that it helps against it but it certainly doesn't prevent piracy. Same for offering a better service. Most people don't pirate to stick it up against you but because they like free stuff.

How do you figure out who leaked the song to sue them?

>I didn't agree to any contract when I'm downloading it.
That's not how it works.
"All rights reserved" means just that. "This work is protected by copyright laws."

It's not just a matter of money.
Let's say you're a painter in the 18th century. You draw a nice painting and make a nice exhibit with it.
Two days later you see an exact copy of your painting on the other side of the road. Everyone stops coming to your exhibit, you can't talk with people who are interested in your work, you don't get money from tickets, and many more problems arise.

That's one of the reasons copyright exists. So that author can preserve their work and sue who steals it from them.

>laws

Fuck laws, everyone on this planet follows laws that convenience them.

Well this conveniences me. Politicians make morally unethical deals on the side that benefit them and are against the law, shit break federal law by breaching security and get away with it.

People run red lights like there's no tomorrow, people toss cigarette butts on the ground and it's the norm.

Blacks refusing to get arrested and uncooperative with police WHEN THEY FUCKED UP and still the president defends them.

I'm not going to be the dumbass following all the rules while everyone else gets to choose and pick which ones they follow.

Laws aren't absolute. We make them. Respect them. It's your choice.
You're free to do whatever you want.

Something being the norm doesn't make it right.
Thinking that the Earth was flat used to be the norm until science proved otherwise.

>Respect them
Respect them or don't

Copyright laws are enforced by the state, and are ridiculous. If i download a song, they can't really prove i would buy it.
There's no loss to the creator, he's the same off He didn't lose anything, therefore i didn't steal anything.
If he can't fund his craft without the coercion of the state power, its his fault not mine.

In the example of the painting - the painters painting is worth more because its "the original" you can see this in real life as well. Copies are worth nothing, while original paintings are worth millions.

Just of the top of my head how arist can make a living without coercion :
Have a microstamp on the song file, that identifies the original person who leaked it and sue him.
Run only by donations, if his songs are good people will donate money, and offer his services free.
Sell high definition copies of songs for a reasonable price in a really easy to get way from a professional site.
Join a label that has a deal with the big publishers of music like Apple, to make your music available on their platform. By making it worth Apples lost sales for disincentivising cracked music

Current copyright law is retarded and runs against common sense
>Even if it was stealing i would steal 1$ worth of song, meaning I'm liable to 1$
>But copyright law makes me pay 5k$ and threatens me with jail, counter to any sort of fairness and equality

Your post violates the NAP
Prepare to be invaded

>still pirating when there are numerous streaming services available free of charge

The free market strikes again!

Unequal amount of force in retaliation
is against the NAP

It would be considered initiation of further force
If you slap me in the face, i shouldn't have the right to shoot you in yours

Pirates would never buy it in the first place. Prove me wrong.

>what is a tax
>why am I taxed for existing

taxation is always, and without exception, theft.

If you're making art for money, you're doing it wrong.

Yeah the painter has the original but how many people care if their pirated song is badly compressed?

How often do you see people get prosecuted and pay thousands of dollars and go to jail for pirating music online?

>Have a microstamp on the song file, that identifies the original person who leaked it and sue him.
Some services already do that as far as I know. Re-encoding the song would be the simpler option I can think of.

>Run only by donations, if his songs are good people will donate money, and offer his services free.
Lots of artists already do that on bandcamp and such and you can still find their music for download elsewhere. even artists that have their music free for download and offer the option to donate, you can download their stuff elsewhere, it's still a violation of their rights even if no money is directly involved.

>If a artist wants to make music, he can figure it out.

your response: Deal with it. if you fail it's your fault for not "figuring it out".

The problem is that the majority of people don't really have this view. They simply don't want to pay

Basically this.

Problem is that "healthy capitalism" doesn't really exist anymore. It's "greed" that has taken over but people still think it's capitalism.

If you're a good artist but refuse to paint a picture because you know you won't make a dime or you don't want anyone to see it without paying you you need to fucking die.

Believing in the free market doesn't make you an anarchist.

yes?
and?
did you count your electrons/pixels and find some missing?

Ostracize the shit out of this force initiator, boys.

this is retarded

try getting mc donalds to sue you for using their trademark phrase if you're not using it to damage their business no judge will ever do anything

that's why courts exist

laws aren't absolute

>If you dont want something pirated, protect it
>online
Nigger logic mixed with technology is a scary thing.

Copyright is a tax on copying. Copyright is theft.

Who are you talking about?

It is, if he needs to use coercive force he can fuck off
Nobody said you can't circumvent that.
What am I saying is that people will download something from a reputable easily accessible source even if they have to pay for it.
Its already happening now with netflix, and amazon streaming.
I can download movies all over the place, but Netflix is nice and convenient and makes me feel good for supporting authors

If there are people who simply refuse to pay, is it stealing? Since they wouldn't pay anyway
No if someone slaps you in the face, you are in your right to slap him back
He basically says it's morally acceptable to.
Prove to me pirating is stealing then

>niggers just copy your bike!

really made me think famalam they are basically the same

>If artists don't own their works, then they have no reason to create and distribute their art.
Not true. Crowdfunding, donations. (Not pirating is basically donating anyway as it's de facto voluntary.)

Copyright is the exclusive right to copy. You can't copy someone else's work that is protected by copyright without authorization.

I wouldn't have to pirate entertainment if I could afford it with the money thats taken by the government and given to niggers and degenerates who can't /responsibility/

>Its already happening now with netflix, and amazon streaming.
>I can download movies all over the place, but Netflix is nice and convenient and makes me feel good for supporting authors

you can't neglect the benefit netflix has where you are legal and don't have to worry about lawsuits

This is more important to most people than.... "feeling good about supporting authors". Most people don't care about any of that when they want to watch their new hot show.

courts exist to maintain the status quo

nothing more, nothing less

when "justice" happens, it is coincidental

>No if someone slaps you in the face, you are in your right to slap him back

So I walked up to you and slapped you across the face you would only slap me back?.

Then go live on an island and get your own water sewage roads police fire airport and infrastructure

That's wrong, in fact most people do care.
Most people do charity too
It depends on the situation and my assessment of it

I'd rather a private company do it and be able to pay for it than have the government do it and just take my shit.

You can but then you have to pay "damages" i.e. a tax.

Exactly true, I'm not following some piddly ass laws when politicians can be rampantly corrupt and do whatever they want.

Read and learn. mises.org/library/against-intellectual-property-0

>Most people do charity too
Not really
and those who do mostly give a few cents and then feel good about themselves

Netflix isn't designed to give you that response. It's benefits are mostly - relatively cheap, easy and don't have to worry about illegal russians hacking your device and notifying police

Can i pay taxes with copied dollar note?

Proudhon, the first anarchist, famously said "property is theft" over a century before Rothbard and Nozick said "taxation is theft".

>these things didnt exist without taxes

top slave

And it would be the same even without copyright laws.
If people needed to re-encode videos/music to not get caught and sued. It would always be a fringe site full of risks.
And you would be socially scorned for doing it

There's also no reason why copyright holders couldn't form a union and pay companies that provide internet to cut off internet to people pirating their content

lawyers sometimes say of all the laws the one that takes the most precedent is the §0 - those who don't get caught also don't get charged

I agree with you. Business can be done right. When it's done wrong people start pirating more. Netflix and such services are easy to use, reliable and trustworthy, compare to torrent services which are too difficult for the average user and you have to change website every time it gets taken down.

>If there are people who simply refuse to pay, is it stealing? Since they wouldn't pay anyway
It is in the same way that a homeless person with absolutely nothing can steal. Except it's more of an intellectual property theft.

>property is theft
Deep.

>why are they earning a cut again?

Because they will expropriate, imprison or kill you if they don't.

No its like a homeless person got some nanorobots to copy your car exactly.
Without taking any atoms from your car

they don't really care about deepweb piracy or anything like that
LimeWire, KaZaA et al were a problem because it was basically the backend of mp3 players, which were the new form of music consumption. Every teenage girl just downloaded from the internet and CDs started to tank.

Do you understand the concept of intellectual property?

who will enforce property rights? lolbertarian death squads?

Yes
Its a ridiculous law and concept
Ideas don't have an owner.
Companies are perfectly capable of protecting their recipes/processes. Like KFC of Coca-cola, if they dont want them out there.
Intellectual property rights make no sense
You cant claim you own a certain process to make something.

yes you're not even exaggerating.

theguardian.com/music/2009/apr/21/study-finds-pirates-buy-more-music

You mean like I would have the right to sue you if you don't hide my post from your window because you're reading something I created?.

IP laws right now are riddiculus
You dont need to look farther than companies trading lawsuits back and forth because they stumbled upon X process to make X at the same time.
Intellectual rights are illogical

Prove me wrong please

Every artificial product is the physical expression of an idea.

I mean like you work to create a song and people say you can't "own" musical notes

I don't know what you mean exactly.

Can you define "work". Because my body burned energy coming up with that post and typing it up.

If that's not work, then what is?. Not being a smartass.

We have like %50 of our income slurped by the state here in türkiye. From the gypsies to the richest everyone suffers from this. And we get nothing compared to what state got from us.

Yes its a theft.

but op, taxation is theft. copying information is not.

Are you a literal mongoloid?

>(((study))) finds

>piracy is theft
le shiggy diggy

google's definition of work is perfectly fine
>work
>noun
>activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result.

You can certainly claim that this post is your intellectual property, a work of literature maybe?
Good luck convincing anyone that it took you effort and needs to be protected by law.

>Every artificial product is the physical expression of an idea.
I have no idea what you mean by that

Patreon proves you wrong.

Our goal as a society should be to make it impossible for anyone to charge for goods. 3d printers will make all technology and fashion items insanely cheap and because computers by design copy things you will be unable to lock down intellectual property. Land will be trivially cheap because space is huge.

It might not be soon but eventually, the means of production can't be controlled by only one person. Everyone will be capable of bootstraping a factory using automation like a base you build in an RTS. Until then we just need to do the best job we can holding society together.

I'm not trying to convince "anyone".

I'm trying to convince "you", since you sound so sincere in claiming that "creative work" deserves compensation.

So you're saying now that you're not "willingly" going to compensate me for what you read?. You need me to go to court and win a case to get you to pay up?.

You're logic is flawed.

You don't believe that "creative work" deserves to be compensated.

You believe anything with a bar code and a price tag should be compensated.

think about it.

>not pirating
>paying pedowood and the jews for entertainment
Good goy

I'm getting all my anime for free and you can't stop me.

it was your work and time and you decided to share it freely by posting it here. Because you are in charge of your intellectual content.

someone posting things you wrote/developed and posting it on forums/blogs on their behalf without your consent is a rights violation

I'm saying the work of man is not creating matter out of nowhere. it's taking matter that already exists and transform it into something else through ideas that happen in their brain.
A tree in a public forest is not your property until you take it and decide to build a house with it. Then it's your property. You achieved the transformation through ideas.

I'm not going to pay you for two reasons:
1. copyright is the right to copy. It's not illegal to read a copyrighted material. I'm not copying it. You (the copyright holder) are making it available here.
2. your posts aren't covered by copyright until you show me proof of your registration at the U.S. Copyright Office

Does that mean you now have a right to call building houses with trees your idea?
And tell everyone else to pay you for doing the same/ disallow people to do the same

THIS

Are you fucking stupid?

>Flag

never mind, you are stupid

Jesus fucking Christ how do you even come to that conclusion?

You can prove me wrong

>accuse me of stealing your car
>it was parked in your driveway the whole time

>"Taxation is theft"
>steals memes on the internet

The value of those pieces of media is not what the RIAA says they're worth.

I don't even watch movies but I'd never pay hundreds for a 4K HDR BluRay player and then like $50 a movie for it.

That's highway cuck robbery. And it's not like there isn't a newer better standard coming down the line that's going to make your expensive movie collection obsolete.

It's literally property rights, and protecting property rights is a premise of the free market.
Without copyright laws, R&D would be nearly nonexistent

Read the conversation. user from Italy said
"ideas deserve a protection"
Im just asking if the first person who built a house from trees idea, deserves the same protection

No you can protect your R&D inventions yourself
If a plan is in public and people can make a picture of it. Then recreate it, its not stealing