When did Cartoon Network really "die"?

When did Cartoon Network really "die"?

strawpoll.me/11743517

yeah keep remaking it OP, noone's going to post

I say this before and I say it again.

They got rid of Hamtaro, thats why, if they just dub the later seasons and say "Maggie is from Arizona" they would of left CN in a much better place.

Are you the same guy who makes those charts comparing old cartoons and new cartoons?

No.

Oh fucking wah wah wah

What about when Disney Channel died? When Nick died?

We're on a board about cartoons and you have a problem with discussing the decline of the major networks that air them? You're an idiot.

you faggots ALWAYS talk about why CN sucks, when CN died, how we can fix CN, what about those other two networks?

I reject your premise that Cartoon Network died.

And it's no longer valid to bring up Disney Channel ever since they moved their animation to Disney XD.

As for Nick, part of the channel seems frozen in 2004 while the other part tries to start new series only to have them discarded if they're not instant hits like Loud House.

Currently? When they started airing Teen Titans Go.

Previously? CN Real.

Because Nick's decline has been discussed to death, and Disney has Disney XD now. There's no saving the shithole that is the Spongebob Channel (they had one chance with -Korra, and they fucked it up), but CN at least has some decent programs on. So let's salvage what we fucking can.

>what about those other two networks?
Spongebob and FOP aren't networks. They're shows, on the shmbling undead corpse of Nick.

>I meant Nick and Disney
Disney has Star Vs and literally nothing else until they get the Ducktales reboot, Big Hero 6, Frozen, and Phineas and Ferb replacement off the ground

Fuck me, they managed to kill animation on ABC Family, Disney Channel AND Toon Disney.

I miss Saturday morning cartoons ;_;

It's very hard to argue that Cartoon Network "died" at a specific year. But it's easily the early 2000's. I'd at least say that.

>what about those other two networks?
The reason people talk about CN is because it constantly goes through moments of ups and downs and it's downfalls are gradual with varying factors. Everybody knows the problems with Nick and DChannel since they've been discussed to death namely that the former is the Spongebob Network and the latter doesn't give a shit about cartoons over their popular live-action shit while shifting everything animated to XD

Personally, I'm 100% behind the belief that the network was dead the second CN Real started, got a quick jumpstart to health with the AT/RS and other decent cartoons and then catapulted into death in 2015

It never did.

Adventure Time was both a gift and a curse

>whataboutism

It isn't really dead if it's still on TV, but probably 2006 or 2007.
It was revitalized in 2010, but is running the risk of "dying" again in 2018.

The revival when they got their shit together was 2010 and even that era seems to be ending

I want to say 2004 but I dont know if it's because I started growing out of cartoons or if it was because fosters home, camp lazlo, and all the other new shows at the time were just shitty.

It died in 2006, because that was when Gym Partner joined the schedule regularly, Squirrel Boy premiered, as well as the movie Re-Animated. We also got the mediocre Class of 3000.

Also, Teen Titans ended on a cliffhanger, Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi also ended on a cliffhanger and the last 5 episodes weren't even shown in the US. Yu Yu Hakusho was still being treated unfairly and was dropped after the last episode was show. Toonami was pretty much only about Naruto and nothing else, Cartoon Network's schedule was pretty much just Foster's, Camp Lazlo, the crappy Gym Partner, Ed, Edd n Eddy, KND, Ben 10, and Billy and Mandy. I could go on and on.

When your childhood ended.