This is going to be another Eragon, isn't it?

This is going to be another Eragon, isn't it?

the fu k is eragon

is there an actual date for this?

August 2019, and they're combining the first two books.

Is that boarding school Archer?

>Kenneth Branagh directing (Thor 1 and 2)
Fuck
>michael Goldenberg screenplay (Green Lantern and HP: Order of the Phoenix)
Fuck.
>Disney
Fucking fuck

Potentially worse, in some ways. This one is coming way after the hype (such as it was) of the original series passed. If they were going to make this movie, it should have been years ago. Also, those goggles look really dumb

>tfw it still hurts to think about Eragon

Who would you cast as Space Marine Butler?

>tfw to smart for Chaos

Fuck, I forgot about that altogether. That's such a fucking terrible idea. Unless he's going to be the antagonist for the first half of the movie, and join forces with them in the second half, they're going to have to Frankenstein the plots together Series of Unfortunate Events style.

shitty dragon movie literally named eragon

is this a ffxiv screencap?

Idris Elba

Asa Butterfield as Artemis.
Saoirse Ronan as Holly.
The Rock with Michael Fassbender's face as Butler.

Butler will be black

Pretty sure he was ambiguosly brown in the books.

He was Slavic in the books.

>Hair colour:Bald, also mentioned as blonde with streaks of gray
>Eye colour:Dark blue
Wow, a total Idris Elba doppelganger

Exactly.

>combining the first two books.

movie ruined

When my nigga Pendragon getting a movie?

Who's the best character and why was it Foaly?

i thought he was like mongolian or something

Never

I was always sure he was half asian?

Fun fact, he was asked if the name of the character was based on Aragorn, and he admitted it actually just came from him swapping out the first letter of the word "dragon". What a hack.

Something that you've never heard of unless you were in middleschool in the mid 00s.

>Dragon
>Eragon
>Fragon

>middleschool
Americans are retarded.

They consistently described him as "Eurasian", but I'm not sure they detail more than that. His first name is a Russian folklore creature though.

>It's different, so that makes it wrong.

fuck master yi is such a bullshit champ

I'm in class and I madw a weird grunting noise to keeo from REEing outloud

Dave Batista

Nah Definitely one of the kids from IT,

Either the kid who plays Billy, Ritchie or Eddie.

Butler: Dave Batista

Idk as Holly. According to Colfer Fowl is supposed to be gay anyway.

Someone original with a body type like pic related. would probably be the best of any current stars though, miles above the rock

He was of Eastern European descent

I really hope they don't make Butler a black brit or an american. Make him a big, pale slav with a bit of forehead makeup.

>Artemis is supposed to be gay
Wait what. I never finished the books but im pretty sure he wanted some tight fairy/elf pussy

*URRPP*
listen, Arty, God's not real Arty
s-s-science is the answer Arty, I can stop fucking time and shit.
*BURP*

>According to Colfer Fowl is supposed to be gay anyway

There's an open casting call for non-actor 13 year old Irish kids, idiots

No, Eragon was a terrible book before it was a terrible movie.

Holy shit I totally forgot these books existed. I loved these things when I was growing up. On one hand I'm excited they're making a movie but on the other hand I know it's probably going to be a complete disaster, especially if they try and combine the first 2 books into one

>movie isn't going to be basically a heist movie with a sympathetic yet villain like Artemis Fowl successfully outsmarting the faeries.
>it's a combination of book 1 and book 2
Fucking hell they had one damn job and they fucked it up.

That better not be fucking true.

the second book doesn't work unless you set up with the first one. Going to be hard to have a "two rivals who genuinely dislike each other team up" movie if they've only known each other for 15 minutes. The second is also weaker than the first in my opinion.

Also they better not set it in 2017, it has a certain 2000s aesthetic.

He's going to trick the fairies into rescuing his father.

It might work, but it needs to handle the character development carefully.

Shit i forgot about these books, I probably read them twice a year when I was a kid
Going to the library and finding books like these were so great
the library was the shit man

Is his father even alive? I totally forgot if that plot even gets resolved in the first few books, and I stopped reading when they went all time-travel and there was for some reason two Opal Kobois.

Aw, j-jeez, Foaly, do we have to do this time zone? I just wanted to orchestrate a criminal empire and be there for my ailing mother and, and stuff, y'know?

Doesn't he kiss Holly in one of the later books?

Are you telling me she raped him??

Yeah, he got kidnapped(?) by Russians, and they send Artemis a video ransom.
Then his parents kinda fuck off on a second honeymoon.

Yeah he is, he's been captive by the Russians for like eight years apparently? It's kind of stupid and contrived

>a young Irish
Either going to get cancelled or blacked, no way (((they))) are going to cast a actual irish actor.

I read 2 or 3 of these. the last one I read was silver and had a cube on it or something. All I really remember is this richie rich kid who goes around being a dick to fairies or something.

How close am I?

You're thinking of Eragon.

>Eragon
>rich

That was book three, and eventually he's dealing with problems that affect both of them.

In book five he steals Magic and fucks with time.

whoa wait, they finally adapted the eyes of kid midas?

jesus