Why Don't You Like Good Superhero Stories?

What's good about them?

as long as there's a shared universe with multiple writers, superhero stories are never going to be good

Actual continuity, real character development, events that don't interrupt the ongoing's current story, more trust in the writers, etc, etc.

>etc, etc
I hate etc in my comics and you're telling me it was it twice. They can shove their etc filled comics up their ass. Get some good taste etc loving pleb.

...good one.

But I do.
I'm gonna miss this run.

Because they're cancelling Archer & Armstrong again. Going to be just Ninjak at that point.

What about good stories?

Such as? Why don't you storytime their best story right now, then?

So are the comics really good, or just Capefag pandering by providing more continuity and a shared universe?

FAITH, FAITH, SJW, FATTIES, SHILLARY, FAITH, BALLOTS, TERRIBLE FANBASE
Missed anything?

It's more like doing what Marvel and DC do, but better.

I love Archer & Armstrong, but this run has been absolute shit. I'm glad it's getting cancelled.

Yeah I still gave it a shot but I don't really know who this book is for

I gave it 7 issues. Oddly, I really liked #5, the Archer/Faith date issue. It was genuinely heartfelt and actually made me laugh a few times, unlike the rest of the series.

Honestly, as much as I love Valiant, their series as a whole from mediocre to kinda decent.

At the moment, I'd say DC's average output is better.

*as a whole range from

> DC's average output is better.
That's a shame cause Rebirth sucks ass.

I disagree. I'd say they rank from awful to amazing, with their average rating around 4/5.

Just the sad state the comic book industry is in...

Valiant fans really don't give a shit about whether Faith is some SJW role model or not, and neither does the company. The never promoted Faith as "THE FIRST OVERWEIGHT SUPERHERO!!"

Sup Forums cares about Faith a lot more, judging to weekly threads.

>It's 80% Hero vs. Hero

At least Marvel and DC provide some offbeat and high-concept titles.

Okay

I've only been reading Britainnia from them, since I heard it's a good Milligan after a long time. But it's not a cape comic.

Roman babes were lewd.

I got to talk to Venditti at NYCC. He really enjoyed working with this artist. Said it pushed him to write in a way to make the most use of Allen's paneling and silhouettes. He also sounded pretty bummed out about the run ending soon.

Why do you always let the good comics die Sup Forums? Why didn't you protect his smile?

>Marvel
>offbeat and high-concept titles

bump

So does armstrong have to go through this whole ordeal every time he dies or is Gilad forced to because he was already dead when he was given immortality?

Armstrong's immortality is different, he's powered by some fancy alien energy.

Armstrong's immortality seems to work on different rules.

This counts as cape? It's actually original and interesting.

This is pretty cool. I like the emphasis on smells. It's very evocative and feels appropriate for a "primal" character

I do, but that isn't just limited to Valiant you know

The brothers are all immortal or quasi-immortal for different reasons.

Ivar might be technically mortal, since he's constantly time-jumping. But, by doing that, he's not aging in the proper context, so it's at least putting him at "quasi-immortal."

The first issue where they go through all his senses was great. Seems the team really had fun putting it all together.

Yep. I like how all three of them got different way of immortality.

>an iron maiden, but only for your face

Jesus christ how horrifying

Valiant made the best iteration of Turok.

It would be good if Vendetti's writing wasn't so piss poor. The guy already fucked over X-O, why they gave him the reigns to do Gilad is anyone's guess

Seems to me he's done good with it

Call me when they generate something worthy.