Name a single western comic book arc capable of this kind of deep symbolism. I'll wait

Name a single western comic book arc capable of this kind of deep symbolism. I'll wait.

Metabarons

That is the worst loss image I have ever seen.

fuck me, that's loss innit

You're cheating at this point.

HxH has a god-tier story and got animated by Madhouse of all studios, that's a blend too-perfect.

>Metabarons

Madhouse is fucking shit and it was a disservice to the manga. The fact that people keep posting shots from the anime is saddening.

Necronomicon

Nice argument.

Lousy comic book writers really can't compete with Togashi

>shonenshit
>good

>Necronomicon
>>>
> Anonymous 11/27/16(Sun)18:17:55 No.87980923 ▶
> (You)
>Nice argument.
>>>
> Anonymous 11/27/16(Sun)18:17:55 No.87980924 ▶
>File: Meruem.png (271 KB, 500x287)
>
>Lousy comic book writers really can't compete with Togashi
>>>
> Anonymous 11/27/16(Sun)18:19:24 No.87980936 ▶
>
>>shonenshit
>>good

>I am Promethea, the child who stands Between fixed earth and insubstantial air, a thought who yet treads matter's rain-swept strands. And mortals are the sandals that I wear.
>I am Promethea. From Minds, pure light I stoop into Earth's dark gloom. From Fables day Descending into Fact's cold weighty might, From lyric atmospheres to mammal clay.
>I am Promethea, the rumored one, The mythic brough that Reason, strains to bends. I am that voice left, once the book is done...I am the dream that waking does not end.

Who's definition of "deep" are you using? George Lucas'?

This kind of deep

>shounen
>deep

God the third act of Naruto was awful. Shippuden as a whole was not really all that good but the third act fucked the whole thing right into the dirt.

Watchmen
Saga of the Swamp Thing

That looks like Lucas' poetry right there.

No competition

I never noticed that in phantom menace.

>Madhouse is fucking shit

>Tokyo Godfathers, Paprika, Paranoia agent, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars, Redline, Wolf Children
okay then

Enemy Ace: War Idyll

HxH is good but you're an autistic fucker op

The Madhouse adaptation of HxH is a disgrace.
The original Nippon Animation adaptation of HxH was perfect.

I can get chills just looking at this page.

summer wars was shit though

That's not symbolism though. It's a trope.

The original adaptation was shit because it wasn't Hunter X Hunter.

Literally every Morrison's book.

The Dr. Manhattan issue of Watchmen.

There is nothing "deep" about using the same composition and poses for characters you fucking weeb its called body language.

It had better animation and directing so it's still better regardless.

>it was a disservice to the manga

This is true.

I also find the treatment of Meruem (Aka NOT CELL!) and Gon as both being sort of dumb assholes/objectively crazy more interesting anyway.

Both are to be respected, but lets be real. Both of them are fucking nuts. It's one of the most constant reactions people have to Gon. He's not really sane. It's totally part of his character as a "burn both ends classic Hero/Achielles" type, but that is not sane. It's "mental sickness" tier. He fucking destroys himself, and has no compunctions about doing it again if he has to.

Does this make him a hero? Yes.

Does that mean he's healthy? Fuck no. It's totally the opposite.

There wasn't even necessarily a good reason for him to lose his shit like that with Pitou. Or the Bomber.

Or the Rorschach flashback has mirrored panel composition from beginning to end.

Why did Cell die of aids?
Why did he let that girl die of aids?
Why did Cell purposely give that girl aids?

>HOLY SHIT THE POSES ARE THE SAME
That's basic symbolism you butter muncher.