How could anyone take a look at this crap and say "yeah that looks cool and intimidating"

How could anyone take a look at this crap and say "yeah that looks cool and intimidating"

I want more dinosaur movies but please stop pushing the feather meme

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kcBKJ9VH37o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's a nice dinosaur OP, shame I've never seen a movie with one in it.

feathers are the holocaust of paleontology

If it was a giant ostrich I'd be scared.
Shit normal sized ostriches still scare me.

you fault for thinking shitty art by a nobody is scientific proof

Learn what insulation is. only the raptor family had feathers. Oh, and maybe the flying ones too

Are you so retarded you think the stegosaurus had feathers?

Literally a homo manlet

nerds and loser with no other quality than knowing useless shit feel validated when they see stuff like this

Tyrannosaurs had feathers too, but probably not as adults due to heat problems.

Adult Yutyrannus fossils have been found with feathers, though. They were a Northern species from a chilly climate, so that makes sense

Qutezalcoatlus was flightless

WE WUZ DINOS AND SHIT

>However, most other flight capability estimates have disagreed with Henderson's research, suggesting instead an animal superbly adapted to long-range, extended flight. In 2010, Mike Habib, a professor of biomechanics at Chatham University, and Mark Witton, a British paleontologist, undertook further investigation into the claims of flightlessness in large pterosaurs. After factoring wingspan, body weight, and aerodynamics, computer modelling led the two researchers to conclude that Q. northropi was capable of flight "up to 80 miles an hour for 7 to 10 days at altitudes of 15,000 feet". Habib further suggested a maximum flight range of 8,000 to 12,000 miles for Q. northropi.[19] Henderson's work was also further criticized by Witton and Habib in another study, who pointed out that although Henderson used excellent mass estimations, they were based on outdated pterosaur models, which caused Henderson's mass estimations to be more than double what Habib used in his estimations, and that anatomical study of Q. northropi and other large pterosaur forelimbs show a higher degree of robustness than would be expected if they were purely quadrupedal.[6] This study proposed that large pterosaurs most likely utilized a short burst of powered flight in order to then transition to thermal soaring.
tl:dr Henderson is a fucking faggot

Why do you just want movies about dinosaurs that are cool and intimidating? I would prefer movies about what dinosaurs were actually like, according to the best available science. Otherwise why even make a dinosaur movie? Just invent some new kind of animal or monster.

Why did they have wings then?

They don't even cast actors for white characters anymore, why the fuck would they make realistic dinosaurs?

this
ostriches are basically dinosaurs, the company I work for is partnered with an ostrich farm and I've been there a few times
they are dinosaurs

>muh white genocide
Fuck off, you whiny shit.

>muh
De vuelta a Reddit.

>KEK
pussy pussycat, nice digs

Feathers on rex have already been disproved.
Crying feather hipsters can't change that.

When I was in high school, my friend got a young ostrich, and kept it in a pen in his back yard. As it got older, he grew afraid of it, and eventually decided he wanted to sell it at the county fair.

Only that meant moving it, and the pen was way too big to fit in the back of his truck. He was, once again, too afraid to go near the bastard, so he distracted it while I got in its pen and slipped a hood over its head so it'd go limp, then he and his mother put it in the cage in the back of his truck.

The next day at the fair, they had to take it out to this huge barn where an auction is done, only remember he avoids the thing so it isn't socialized in any way to deal with people, and it's mean as fuck and terrified.

So he offers me another twenty bucks, in addition to the twenty he gave me before, to get in this wagon that he's going to wheel out there, and hold the ostrich down, keep it from getting its feet under it, while he wheels it around in a big circle surrounded by adults and children alike, many of whom have never seen an ostrich in person before, all while an auctioneer shouts over speakers.

I pulled it off, somehow, and only got a couple bites on one shoulder and a scratch on one leg as far as injuries go.

Found out a few years later that a grown ostrich can kick a man in the chest and stop his heart. Had I known that, I would've charged more.

tl;dr I wrestled a dinosaur.

the cat could have easily killed. the thing is cats are sadistic murders that enjoy torturing

Do you know what the fossil specimens for Q. northropi are?
They're all incomplete. And massively so.
The entire species is based off a bit of wing, a bit of neck, and a bit of collar bone.
It's massively incomplete

the beta cat didn't even fight lmao, even though the cat is above the chicken in the food chain

Dinosaurs are no more scary than animals we have today. If humans and dinosaurs cooexisted, we would probably find a way to domesticate them

the romans had dinosaurs before jesus was born and killed them and sent their bones back in time

a 9 tons 4 meters tall chicken would be pretty scary 2bh

this.

So you want a movie with just dinosaurs, taking place during the Jurassic? Sounds boring af.

Or do you think time travel or perfect cloning is realistic? If those things aren't realistic, then why worry about realism in dinos?

Cat is probably fed by its owners, so it doesn't interest it to kill. He was just playing around with the mouse.

a rooster ready to fight is already scary

>if there's one unrealistic thing, THEN EVERYTHING CAN BE UNREALISTIC, YAHOOOO
In Jurassic Park, why didn't Muldoon just grow 100 feet tall and step on the T. Rex?
I mean, it's already an unrealistic movie, right?

based

I want my gf to grow 100 feet tall and step on me haha

>the chad chicken
>the virgin cat

Sure, if he was clone. But if you're saying he grows tall just because, then you're a retard.

>. But if you're saying he grows tall just because, then you're a retard.
Why?
It's an unrealistic movie
Anything can happen

>chad chicken
Sounds hilarious. Almost like an oxymoron because our culture (western) associates chicken with cowards.

this

daily reminder the t-rex escaped the cage in the ship, killed everyone aboard, and then locked himself back in the cage waiting for the heroes to show up

>jesus took away raptor gf

FUCK MAN

There are not faggy feather patterns on a potential T-Rex.

He may not have even had feathers, but if he did there's no reason why they would have to look like shit.

Would Jurassic Park 3 have been a better movie if they had the Spinosaurus rendered accurated?

That discovery channel doc about dinosaur sex probably had the best looking feathered t-rexes imo

youtube.com/watch?v=kcBKJ9VH37o

Yea but think about them good eatins when you fry that fucker up for some fried trex

Me too ha ha

I mean it was a water predator like a crocodile.

So yeah they could make it scary

This is fucking retarded

How does an aquatic ambush predator ever ambush anything with a giant sail on its back?
Crocodiles are nearly invisible until they're on your face.

Something doesn't add up here

I accept that some degree of unrealism is usually necessary for entertainment value. I'd probably go see a nature documentary-style movie about dinosaurs in the Mesozoic, but even I would probably prefer a more cinematic experience for my money.
That said, I don't see the point of introducing unrealism into the actual appearance and behavior of the dinosaurs. If you want to make such a movie, you can simply go ahead and not call the creatures "dinosaurs". Just call them something else. For example, you can tell me that the genetic engineers who made the animals introduced some new features into them in order to make them cooler (this was actually an idea mentioned in Jurassic Park the book, in a conversation between Wu and Hammond). Or just show me monsters based on dinosaurs. I think that's all well and good. I just don't want them to be called dinosaurs in that case.

>i-i-it just has some feather on the head, n-n-not all over like a fucking chicken
the absolute state of fagleonotologists

It would have been better if they completely left it out

that looks really awkward

>implying that's not intimidating aa fuck
get out of here you baby

>Someone draws a theropod with feathers
>HURR DURR U THINK [OTHER DINOSAUR] HAD FEATHERZ 2????
retard

from the depths of the internet I bring to you art made by a bunch of people.

Pick the one you like the most

>This 20ft tall landshark reptile killing machine is no different from the animals we have today!
you're a fucking retard

me want tater

t.biogenetishits

don't forget that they recently said that they weren't able to run
this one kinda looks scary

Imagine being the male tyrannosaurus in that scene and having to be all like "damn, female tyrannosaurus, you fuckin' fine, all rexy with your theropod physique and horrifically gouged face monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my computer generated representation and the real me." when all he really wants to do is fuck another 65-million year old in his dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be the male tyrannosaurus and not only sit in that chair while the female tyrannosaurus flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her hunting scars and feathery skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected that mating dance. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her carnivorous attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, FEMALE TYRANNOSAURUS LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her coelurosaurian fucking face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of hadrosaurs and scavenged corpses and later alleged rape victims for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the Montana in America. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the blood that's breaking out on her feathery skin stomach as she sucks it in to avoid bleeding to death from your bites, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in her "avian (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking T-Rex.

*squawks your path*

We don't currently have land predators as big as a Tyrannosaur

>chad chicken

>not the chad rooster or the chad cock

He has a point. The JP dinosaurs act more like monsters than real animals. They try kill humans they've grown up with and been taken care of by every chance they get.

The cat was playing with it. All it had to do was unsheathe its claws and the mouse would have been eviscerated.

Why do they have to point out his sexuality?

they didn't knew at the time. spinosaurs was adjusted like that 2 years ago
but surprisingly they featured the spinosaur in water most of the time, and that was a good call

I like it when they have crazy murder eyes

The benefit of having a sail must have outweighed the cost in visibility.

>but surprisingly they featured the spinosaur in water most of the time
Not really.
It was always thought to be a piscivore due to the jaw shape

Nice color, but talk about an unintimidating face

They haven't been disproved nor approved, dummy

No you don't you hipster faggot. Obviously the movies aren't accurate but Tyrannosaurus was built to kill.

Is this a meme? People can't really think these things look better than the classic featherless look, can they? These look retarded

Underrated

That's all I have.

Some are jokes, like the turkey t-rex

not about better, its about accurate

underrated

They should so lovecraftian dinosaurs

Stop being a contrarian. Feathers are the future.

You are like that neckbeard that fought for slavery back in the golden age of America. You are literally anti-progression.

So are lions, tigers, crocodiles, etc. and they don't fly into a blind bloodlust as soon as a zookeeper comes in striking distance

Isn't this because rats eat their eggs? I know chicken will eat insects, or cannibalize each other when kept in cages, but is it mere violence or will they actually eat the rats? Fucking birds are scary man. Its really freaky to think of the smart one like parrots or crows taking over the world. And cassowaries are mean fuckin bitches.
The sail folds down or looks like decaying waterlogged palm fronds?

Thing is, T-rex was more like scavenger, it would be too uneffective for a predator.