Spanish soldiers described "Tenochtitlan" as bigger, better and more beautiful than any European city

Spanish soldiers described "Tenochtitlan" as bigger, better and more beautiful than any European city

>"It makes Venice look like a shithole" wrote one Spaniard captain

How Can Europeans even compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1932_Salvadoran_peasant_massacre
youtu.be/_nS6MpVbB_g
goodreads.com/author/show/62809.Bernal_D_az_del_Castillo
amazon.com/Historia-conquista-España-Memoria-Spanish/dp/8498160049
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

With not being militarily retarded

I'm pretty sure the joke is that Venice literally is a shithole.

fpbp

South American natives were the only decent ones. Why couldn't abos or Africans be eradicated in their place?

>Spanish soldiers described "Tenochtitlan" as bigger, better

Tell that to the the 40 thousand who got their heart cut out every month. Sounds like a big shop of horrors. Also stoneage assholes.

>living in a swamp
It's amazing the 5% of Indian incestry in your blood didn't die of Zika a thousand years ago, tbqh familia.

...says the mongrel European rape baby

Yeah, no. Probably read it in one of your nationalist books. What now? You won a contest of the best flag in the world?

because then the triangle trade wouldn't work properly and the creation of a new race, as prophesized, wouldn't occur.

made the mistake of trying to colonize

Imagine if europeans never had contact white reasonable non-whites (asians, middle-easterners, egyptians, etc.). No quarter would have ever been shown.

This is in Central America shit for brains.
Mosquitoes are an invasive species from Africa user also living on an artificial island makes invading them impossible because their neighbors were fucktards that were shit at building boats.

>South and Central American natives
ftfy

and they weren't eradicated, the Spaniards just breeded with them, if the French and the Brittish had done their job right Africa would be mixed too

yeah then where the fuck is it now?

NOSOTROS

They arent eradicated they have their own countries in both Central and South America like:
Bolivia
Peru
Ecuador
Suriname
Honduras
Nicaragua
El Salvador
Mexico
Panama
Paraguay

Dude, do you have any idea of how many bloodsuckers we have in the American South?

I'd imagine it is 10x worse in a tropical jungle swamp bog. They probably rival Australia in the diversity of colorful things that will kill you.

It looks like a shitty skate park

>Current Mexico is literally worse than a thousand-year-old Native "civilization".
Why am I not surprised?

FUIMOS

ERAMOS

I was thinking about the Incas, I vastly prefer them

most of those countries are in majority mestizo so how was I wrong?

Forging steel, domesticating horses, not acting like ancient Athens and turning your tributary 'allies' into slave states, which is exactly what the Mexica did.

A lot of ways, really.
Cortez went full Brasidas on the Mexicans, and they didn't know what to do when the source of their power, their tributaries, turned against them.

>baseless claim
>no link
sure why not i will let it slide. but you know the spanish arent even white and wouldnt be allowed into paris.

the spaintards are mostly middle eastern. its because of carthage. its why they pushed for more refugees and have trafficked people in through the straight that technically is british property

they probably said so that they can get more funding to their pillaging trips

EMPERADORES

DUEÑOS DEL ORO

The Mayans were never conquered. They went into space to join their ancestors.

Aztecs would have probably advanced more if they had horses though, horses are basically biological cars so they make travel and bringing in loads easier.

I find myself deeply inspired by places like this. If I were to build a city, I'd take many cues from the natives. It's impressive.

But ultimately Rome is still the height of civilization.

Back to the topic of "Tenchtitlan": It is cities like this why I hold a greater respect for mexicans, and mongol natives than I do niggers. Niggers have never built a city. Ever.

>How Can Europeans even compete?

By conquering the entire world.

Of course it looks better stone architecture makes wooden medieval archtecture look like shit.

Don't lecture anyone else about books Pablo
Spanish burnt every fucking book from that fascinating culture bar 2 or 3 codex

Worlds biggest cultural vandals

Adobe After Effects or something, I assume.

Nice source, mexcrement. Go get beheaded.

>500 spnaniard

it's all it take to destroy the greatest city in the world

500 spaniards + 200000 natives tired of aztecs bullshit.

We competed by destroying it, so to Venice great again.

Proof or it didn't happen.

It's more likely they didn't really mean it. You have to manipulate the populace with sweet platitudes, along with killing dissidents, after all.

Nigga please Vikings did stupid shit like sacrifices to all the time

gunpowder

By installing proper sewage, in which they did.

were you there ?

>el CONGOlombiano
>Horo

Kek, I liked this. Muey funny.

The people who built them were long gone before the Europeans arrived.

Si! Muy hilarioso! Ja! Ja! Ja! Ja! Ja! Ja! Ja! Ja!

>"It makes Venice look like a shithole"
He surely said that.

>Also: things that never happened

I actually read some the novel a fellow Conquistador who sailed with Cortez and while it is true, that there was some civilization going on there, it never came on the same level as Europe. IF it truly had been the case, they wouldn't have been steamroled by Cortez and the gang. Literally about 1,000 Spaniards conquered the Aztecs with some Indian auxiliary troops.

Other than that:

>need to watch Apocalypto again intensifies

That´s a common misconception, actually! There only were a handful of human sacrifices, and the victims were all conquistadors.

t. Moortugal

Meso America fascinates me so much.

What exactly did city life look like? Were the houses comfy?

How was the military organized? Were there ranks?

What?

As opposed to letting it teem with unlimited pure negroids?

Salazar sent portuguese men to Africa to enrich their women, not even kidding.

Iberians love to rape non-Euro women, what are you gonna do about it?

When we got to Brazil we killed the native men and created harems of their women for us.

El Salvador quite literally eradicated them tho.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1932_Salvadoran_peasant_massacre

>Native americans having books
You bastards created "the black legend" that sudacas still believe today. And now you believe that same lie.

For fucks sake. What is with all the mexicans here all of a sudden? Starting to miss the roaches

You can't build a wall on the internet dumbass.

Well- we did. And we won.

This is pretty good.
youtu.be/_nS6MpVbB_g

The city didn't use wheels, just boats and canals like venice

Bumping for more native cuties

Jokes aside Tenochtitlan had plumbing before most European cities. You're all poo in loos to the Aztecs.

Granted some of them did eat the shit later...

>native cuties
That's rare, most of them are pretty ugly

They got muh dikked because when you spend weeks on a jungle without your woman back home, any woman will start to look amazing.

If they were so great then how did their entire civilization get conquered by 500 white guys?

by burning it down :^)

le eternal anglo

as blas de lezo said: every good spanish should pee looking at england

Racism. And climate change. No empire can stand against those enemies.

lel
vikings and barbarians throughout the centuries in europe were no different

the sacrifices were not daily

some historians believes they were like a monthly show , the superbowl of sacrifices were every few years or something check me on that.

point is they didn't just grab a virgin girl and slit her throat daily , it was with style and monthly at least.

>pakistani education

NOSOTROS

There were whites in south america. Look up "cloud people". When the spanish first arrived, they thought they were the cloud people at first because they looked the same.

>How Can Europeans even compete?

By destroying it

sensible_chuckle

The city walls in that pic look low and weak.

>looks like shitty rome for people who can't make a column

K E K

The translation changes depending where you have capital and lower letters.

new york looks like shithole compared to dubrovnik but who gives a fuck about dubrovnik? not an argument

Tejuantin*

Smallpox :(

They are merely symbolic since they already BTFO of all the neighboring civs.

This was meant to reply to :

Spanish soldiers describe mass killings

>

They have a most horrid and abominable custom which truly ought to be punished and which until now we have seen in no other part, and this is that, whenever they wish to ask something of the idols, in order that their plea may find more acceptance, they take many girls and boys and even adults, and in the presence of these idols they open their chests while they are still alive and take out their hearts and entrails and burn them before the idols, offering the smoke as sacrifice. Some of us have seen this, and they say it is the most terrible and frightful thing they have ever witnessed.

So the Spanish killed them all.

>be a group of 50 companeros
>defeat a counry of 20 million retards

Never in history , such a glorious adventure will be found again.

yeaah, at the time it was more like the richest city of europe.

Bernal Diaz del Castillo wrote that... well kinda... he said that Tenochtitlan was pretty similar in beauty to Venecia.

goodreads.com/author/show/62809.Bernal_D_az_del_Castillo

Read "The Conquest of New Spain"

With metallurgy

Now they are heavily mixed, ignorant and the descendants of their colonial overlords dominate the political and economic life there.

This is the final stage of Catholicism.

>he came from a family of little wealth and he himself had received only a minimal education.

I doubt he's ever been to Venice.

>wrote one Spaniard captain
where's your source? and why arent there any traces of it if "it makes venice look like a shithole"? what a stupid fucking thread.

SAGE

Not with that attitude.

>But ultimately Rome is still the height of civilization.

Carthage was nicer than Rome.
Even the middle class had personal baths.

>Puta
>The same as caralho
Bullshit.

It's called Mexico City now

They're still around. Like 4/10 people in Guatamala are Mayan.

>Niggers have never built a city.

Except for Meroe, Aksum, Timbuktu, Great Zimbabwe etc etc

plus Smallpox killing 99% of the population

WE

AYY WE WUZ VENICE AN SHIT

Good point, but...

>he began writing his history in 1568, almost fifty years after the events described.

After the fall of the Empire he become governor of Guatemala, which it mean he was rich probably he visited Europe in those years.

Anyway... I think I would do some research... its quite interesting.

It wasn't a captain... it was just a soldier, Bernal Díaz Del Castillo.

Also, you can find others descriptions about the city coming from Hernan Cortes and their companions.

sure bud

Here:
amazon.com/Historia-conquista-España-Memoria-Spanish/dp/8498160049

Tell that to anyone who lived in Europe who wasn't rich. The non-Rich in Europe were treated worse than dirt.

Says the Celt-Germano mongrel

you clearly have shit for brains

>richest city of europe
>no new world gold