Is The Room truly the best bad movie of all time, or is there another?

Is The Room truly the best bad movie of all time, or is there another?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HBuk1HXcz1k
youtu.be/9Mkl9rtttog
youtube.com/watch?v=rEVW4AY4nJI
youtube.com/watch?v=aKRDVbTKi_I
youtube.com/watch?v=n-7TM3Udip4
youtube.com/watch?v=hh2pkpqYcxM
youtu.be/HyOjwZo6QhU
youtube.com/watch?v=bgihkyHeym0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Miami Connection.

That would be Mars Attacks

ew, this would certainly a close contender

It's not even that bad

Apartment 1303 3D is a hidden gem that pretty much nobody knows about and it comes close to The Room's incompetence level. It may be funnier though.

Starship troopers 2

It's not a bad movie
Nu males like you wouldn't get it. Mars Attacks is nxt lvl.

The Room is a movie all of its own and is a masterpiece. It has no peer.

Troll 2 is the only one that seems to be as famous so that there's actually a documentary about it but there are alot of ther entertaining bad movies out there

anything with reb brown for example
i used to own an uncut, unriffed version of Space Mutiny

the classic response would be plan 9 from outer space. I was lucky enough to have my dad show me it when I was young, and even then I could tell it was awful. They replaced one of the main characters shortly after filming started because the guy died irl. I think it was bela legosi actually, who played that villian. But to keep things """""fluid"""", they instead just gave his replacement a cape he would put over his face out of nowhere to hide his face in all future scenes.

Also the UFO's looked like they were literally just the tips of batteries cut off held by obvious strings.

yes that and Samurai Cop were good enough to attain meme level status

srsly watch it, it's amazing

>Mars Attacks!
>bad

get out

Troll 2

Double Down.

I feel like Now You See Me was made to drain your IQ.

Seeing it Chicago this Friday at midnight.

Its gonna be great!

I loved Mars Attacks as a kid. Not sure how well it holds up but even today I thoroughly enjoy that yodelling song or whatever that killed the aliens. I think of it every once in a while and it makes me smile.

youtube.com/watch?v=HBuk1HXcz1k

fucking kek. I don't think I've ever heard the whole song. It's 10/10 brilliant. how do they find these great obscure songs for films/tv?

Tim Burton's Ed Wood made me feel too bad for Ed to laugh at his incompetence.

name one good thing about it

To be honest nothing really tops the Room. You can write an essay about every single shot in that shit. It's next-level bad.

Watched it every day when it was the new thing but the Room has like five times the shitty adr. Miami Connection actually makes sense as corny as it is.

Mars Attacks is a p good comedy though

Wasn't the plane cockpit partition a shower curtain IIRC? Been 2 decades since I watched it, but that seems to stick in my mind.

Miami Connection's ambition and scope exceeds The Room at every turn. It's got harrowing fights, fresh original music, friendship, love, and redemption, all conceived and carried out by the madman YK Kim

It's probably been 2 decades since I've seen it too. The only thing I'm unsure of from my post is that Bela Legosi was the original guy who died and got replaced by mr cape over the face man. I'm like 99% sure everything else I said was accurate.

goddam the whole plot was so fucking stupid. Aliens raising corpses from the dead?

No Gymkata love?

youtu.be/9Mkl9rtttog

Also has a fuckwin soundtrack.

Probably not. It hits the perfect sweetspot of being so incredibly bad that it's intriguing, yet not bad enough to be unwatchable.

In a perfect world Neil Breen's films will get this recognition, especially Fateful Findings.

youtube.com/watch?v=rEVW4AY4nJI

Neil Breen is just so convinced he's David Lynch

How are we qualifying "best" bad movie? Like, it's a bad movie with everyone about it being so bad that it's the best at being bad; or that it's a bad movie that has the best production/acting/whatever of bad movies?

Like, if we had a lineup of bad cars and one got really good gas mileage and one has zero redeemable things; which is the "best" bad car?

A Talking Cat!? was pretty good.

The funny thing about the room is that it isn't even one of the worst movies ever made. After watching Best of the Worst I kind of appreciate the Room more because it's much better shot than most bad movies. I think the Room is amazing by the fact that it doesn't look like a movie made on a flip phone, it looks like a movie that's not even shot that badly, but it's written like a movie made by a high schooler with a flip phone

The Directing isn't awful

Personal favorite of mine
>cheese puffs

What's more enjoyably bad.

some people just don't understand the concept, but it's usually a combo of
bad production values + terrible acting = camp
and (really important) no self awareness

sincerity is key. movies like plan 9, the room and troll 2 were created with pure sincerity by there directors and creators often with no actual or amateurish film making skills

I've never seen it, but this thing used to be #1 at the bottom 100 of IMDB years ago. The creators seemed to be proud of the fact and advertised it as such.

>Breathing Fire
>Black Mask 2: City of Masks
easily the best bad movies ever made !

I can't recall the name, but it was made in the Eighties and concerned two serial killers, a man and a woman, who went on blind dates to find victims. They ended up on a date together and each realized the other was a serial murderer, so they teamed up to kill together. It was singularly awful.

youtube.com/watch?v=aKRDVbTKi_I
>I can't help you outta this one Jim

As a Christian and a filmmaker, I meet a lot of people who want to tell faith-based stories on screen. Mostly, because of very limited budgets and sort of a (literal) "preaching to the choir" type situation, a lot of films either fail miserably or don't get made.

A few years ago, I met a man named Greg Robbins. He was at a Christian Media conference I went to, and he pitched an idea for a film about Satan prowling around like a lion (just as scripture says) and targeting a young woman by rattling her world. It was going to be shot using 'real Hollywood techniques and professionals' AND was going to feature the stunt man who played Arnold Schwarzenegger in T2, Total Recall, Predator, etc. He got some investors, and he created what I believe is the worst fucking movie of all time, but because of it's sheer awfulness, is the best bad movie of all time.

"C Me Dance."

Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=n-7TM3Udip4

I just found the entire film on YouTube looking for the trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=hh2pkpqYcxM

It's just so fucking hysterically bad.

Nothing will ever beat The Room solely because The Room is such a basic, simple idea that was fucked up to such a spectacular extent in every regard. Other "so bad it's good" movies are campy sci-fi, action, or horror, it takes truly skillful incompetence to make a completely generic drama so fucking hilariously bad.

Fateful findings blows the room out of the water.

youtu.be/HyOjwZo6QhU

It wins just with the flower shop scene alone.

A good contender though is R Kelly's ongoing Trapped in the Closet saga.

Yes

The most shockingly bad is After Last Season, which is probably the worst thing I've ever seen. It makes The Room and Birdemic seem competently made in comparison

Neil Breen is Tommy Wiseau without the fun

this looks bad but like, excruciating to sit through

The Room is a god tier bad movie. A close 2nd is Fateful Findings

The Sex Lives of the Potato Men

>The Room
>bad

I love how everyone thinks that this was a bad film, but it was actually very intricate and had a deep message behind it. I dare say that it might've secretly been kino all these years and no one realized it.

> Woe is me and women are the devil.

Yeah real deep there.

Get ready for Sup Forums-core "best bad movie", and get ready to have your mind blown.

youtube.com/watch?v=bgihkyHeym0

Battlefield Earth is far more painful to watch than The Room. At least The Room is kinda short.

Holy shit, thanks user. Only a few minutes in, and it's comedy gold

Tommy is right though

>R Kelly's ongoing Trapped in the Closet saga.
Trapped in the Closet is fucking great. It's obvious that R. Kelly just treats it as a platform to come up with ridiculous shit that rhymes, and it's glorious.

the amazing bulk

It's the best bad movie for people who have never seen actually bad movies. The amount of effort going into making this movie suck is about as much as Sharknado 3, it couldn't be more self-aware.

Demons At The Door is worse.

The Room is bad but it's so fucking boring.

Read The Disaster Artist cut.

>Based Tommy decides to BTFO Hollywood with his own movie
>Shoots on digital and film, the first movie to do so
>Writes incredibly dense drama, with many characters and many motivations
>Puts in surreal elements that would make Lynch blush
>Casts his best bro Greg
>People still haven't stopped talking about the Room while most Hollywood trash is quickly forgotten
>Still has sold out screenings worldwide for years
Tommy is /ourguy/

But user this movie is actually awesome.

I wonder if Tommy will ever improve and turn mediocre.

Ha Ha. What a story!

>successful person
>our guy
choose one.

Any of Neil Breen's movies.

The flims of Wes Anderson

>Best bad
Oxymoron. It's an amazing movie and a masterwork.

I love Gymkata, but as a good movie, not a good-bad one.

yes it is

Where is Tommy from?

Isn't he from Belgium?

Poland.

This

Either it or Birdemic.

>ctrl f
>no results for Showgirls

Unironically Troll 2, it still makes me laugh on rewatch

even if something has a "deep message" (the room does not) behind it, that does not make it automatically good. Even if The Room actually had some ingenious message it would still be a disaster in every other aspect of filmmaking.