X-Men (mostly) Complete Messiah Epic Storytime, pt.3

HAHA time for X-Force!

Previously, we followed the series of events surrounding the birth of the Mutant Messiah. Cable headed into the future with the baby, only to be pursued by Bishop. His time-travel device damaged, Cable can now only jump forward in time.

Back in the present, Cyclops makes preparations for the return of the baby...but so do the enemies of mutantkind.

Prior:

Oh shit!

People talk up this era but there's a lot of art that is HARD for me to get past.

I like Crain's art. I think it works with this series. Olivetti's art in Cable though was a blunder of the century/

>You're going after Risman and his Purifiers before they have a chance to do whatever they have planned
Here's the thing about most of these "pro-active" super-teams that go after threats before they do something. They only ever go after villains that have already done a ton of illegal shit.
There is no reason why the X-Men can't all go after the Purifiers, hell SHIELD and the government would actually be glad for once.

Scott Summers is a dick

In this case I believe Bastion's cronies had infiltrated S.H.I.E.L.D.

Yeah, and then they blew their cover. Now that SHIELD knows that the Purifiers have infiltrated them, killed some of their agents, and stole a bunch of their shit, they'll want to shut them down.

Right the "legal" way. X-Force didn't have time for that.

We've seen S.H.I.E.L.D. waste opportunities to help the mutants time and time again.

What X-Force is doing is certainly not protected by international law, and S.H.I.E.L.D. is in a tight spot popularity wise right now. Civil War was not that long ago.

>A robot (that's probably an atheist) takes over a radical christian terrorist group
Amusing.

Remember kids! Torture works!

It just keeps getting worse.

>The X-Men are the greatest mutant threat in this timeline or any other
What about Apocalypse? Or Magneto?

Didn't Bolivar Trask see the error of his ways just before he died?
Also, that number is cheating. The Sentinels he himself created didn't kill a single mutant, only the ones others created did.
In fact, the most effective Sentinel ever was the one that destroyed Genosha, sent by Cassandra Nova, a mutant.

Bastion doesn't care about intent. Just stats. All sentinel tech is derivative from his inventions. None of these people Bastion brought back are "really" alive anyway. They're just T/O puppets.

I miss the Purfier mooks with Angel wings, they looked cool.

This can only end well.