Working at Marvel

>It’s a really sad place to work despite being regarded publicly amongst the most high energy brands in the world. I’ve never met a more dejected, down trodden group in my entire career. Full of underpaid staff who’ve worked there so long I’m convinced they either can’t get another job and/or are obsessed with comics as evidenced by the stampede whenever there’s an internal sale full of leftover product that nobody wanted to buy at Disney World. Ego’s run really high and boasts of working at Marvel for 30+ years(as if that’s something to be proud of) run rampant.

>One of the cheapest places I’ve ever worked despite Box office BILLIONS. Toilet paper is a privilege, the kitchen has no coffee, and the microwave belongs in a museum — it doesn’t even spin on the bottom. The noisy industrial water machine, complete with little clear cups like the drug test urine ones, is broken at least twice a month. Get used to seeing “Caution, Slippery floor” cones since they’ve yet to repair the leaky pipe underneath the kitchen sink. Everything is on its last leg.

>Extremely paranoid work environment. Your computer is handicapped from doing anything except your actual job. They blocked the internet once, in general, for “security reasons”. They also send test spam e-mails to try and trick employees into clicking spam links only to reprimand anyone who may have accidentally fallen for it. Company wide e-mails were sent saying anyone who failed the spam exam would be “targeted”, though thankfully we never found out what that actually meant. Also if a celebrity happens to walk around the office, don’t look them directly in the eye or engage them in any way — people have gotten fired for doing so.

glassdoor.com/Reviews/Marvel-Entertainment-Reviews-E3929.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/features/how-marvel-became-envy-scourge-720363
vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/09/marvel-studios-ike-perlmutter-kevin-feige
hollywoodreporter.com/news/marvel-shake-up-film-chief-819205
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>>One of the cheapest places I’ve ever worked despite Box office BILLIONS.

Let me guess, Perlmutter had something to do with that.

This isn't news. remember the only one bathroom stories?

fucking Ike

>Cheap: Be prepared to buy your own office supplies and brew your own caffeine. (It's gotten better, but at one Christmas, our company 'party' consisted of pizza from Costco and warm soda in 2L bottles that we had to bring our own cup to in order to share.…

hollywoodreporter.com/features/how-marvel-became-envy-scourge-720363

>In 2008, only a few years ago, Marvel Entertainment was operating above a Mercedes-Benz dealership in Beverly Hills. Its CEO, Isaac "Ike" Perlmutter, was fretting so much about profit potential for the soon-to-be-released Iron Man movie that he wanted to serve only potato chips at the premiere.

>DCfags have to make up rumors like this to distract from their shitty 1 floor office in the middle of nowhere

>Its CEO, Isaac "Ike" Perlmutter, was fretting so much about profit potential for the soon-to-be-released Iron Man movie that he wanted to serve only potato chips at the premiere.
LOL, Israelis

>>Unpaid Marvel intern too late to do damage control

nah, i'm a marvelfag but this stuff is kind of an open secret. at least that the offices are bad/cheap

Sorry

what do you actually do working for marvel?

>Its CEO, Isaac "Ike" Perlmutter, was fretting so much about profit potential for the soon-to-be-released Iron Man movie that he wanted to serve only potato chips at the premiere.

kek

From Marvel: The Untold Story

>But the company was still broke, surviving on a $ 200 million bridge loan that would have to be paid back soon. Perlmutter’s first order of business was to terminate the expensive contracts with executives that dragged on the company’s finances. Stan Lee wasn’t worried when he heard the news. His $ 500,000 per year lifetime deal was a special case— after all, he was the face of Marvel Comics. Nor did he worry when Perlmutter summoned him to New York. “Ike greeted me like a long-lost brother,” Lee recalled, “telling me how important I was to him and the company and assuring me that I’d be making more money than ever from now on. I thought to myself, Gee, why did people tell me he’s such a cold fish?” Then Perlmutter presented him with a two-year contract at half his previous salary. Lee was astonished. After the royal treatment by Bill Bevins, he thought, this was like Martin Goodman all over again.

>But Perlmutter had underestimated just what Stan Lee’s loyalty meant to the company. Lee’s lawyer began negotiating. Without a contract, Lee might contest the ownership of some of those characters for which Marvel had, on innumerable occasions over three decades, credited him as the creator. And even if Lee didn’t have much of a case, the damage to Marvel’s public image would be devastating. The two parties eventually settled on a salary raise to $ 810,000 (with generous annual increases), plus a $ 500,000 yearly pension for his wife, plus $ 125,000 for writing the Spider-Man comic strip, and a whopping 10 percent of any movie and television profits that Marvel enjoyed. Furthermore, the new contract was nonexclusive, which meant that Lee could supplement his income in other ways— in fact, by the time he re-signed with Marvel, he’d already lined up an Internet start-up called Stan Lee Media.

>and the microwave belongs in a museum — it doesn’t even spin on the bottom.
They're just trying to train a hero.

While Lee’s lawyer played hardball, Perlmutter saved money by sacking executives. He removed Joe Calamari (who only a year earlier had personally fired Avi Arad), Shirrel Rhoades, and a half dozen others. Then he rehired former president Jerry Calabrese to put editors out on the street. In a matter of weeks, most of the staff was gone; the number of editors was reduced from thirty to six. More titles were canceled. Every Friday, members of the dwindling staff wondered which side of the going-away parties they’d be on.* Once fired, an employee was told to leave his personal belongings in a box for inspection and leave the building. If the box contained comic books on which the employee had worked, they would be removed— they were company property, Perlmutter insisted.

>Speculation that Marvel would soon simply hire its competitors to produce its line of comics, entirely eliminating the need for an editorial staff, ran rampant. Smoked-glass conference room doors, etched with Spider-Man logos, had been special-ordered five years ago, at the height of success; now they were among the items the company auctioned off and shipped away.

Three interns have to share one chair.
Redpill me.

>The joke everyone muttered was that, if Ike Perlmutter had his way, Marvel would consist of one guy in an office with a phone, licensing the characters. Why waste money on anything else? Memos demanded that paper clips not be thrown away, that lights be turned off if an office was vacated for more than five minutes. “Ike was an absolute tyrant, plain and simple,” said one longtime employee. “There was no negotiation, there was no meeting of the minds, If Ike said, ‘Turn the computers off at 5 pm,’ you turned the computers off at 5 pm. If you crossed Ike, you were gone.” (Fueling the fear was the rumor that the Six-Day War veteran still carried a pistol on his ankle.) After the coffee machine and bottles of water were removed from the Bullpen, word got around that Perlmutter was pushing for a policy of urinalysis for all employees. President Jerry Calabrese, for one, couldn’t take it. “After only a little less than two months,” he wrote in November, “it’s clear to me that it would be impossible for me to make the kind of positive impact and difference I believed possible when I accepted the task.”

>Meanwhile, Perlmutter had begun to suspect that his longtime Toy Biz ally Joseph Ahearn, who was now chief executive at Marvel, was about to make a bid for power. Against the advice of his inner circle, Perlmutter called for Ahearn’s ouster. Eric Ellenbogen, formerly of Lorne Michaels’s Broadway Video, was announced as the replacement. In his first days on the new job, Ellenbogen suggested that a Christmas party would help the Marvel staff’s morale.

>No, said Perlmutter. That was a waste of twelve hundred dollars.

>Weeks later, a number of freelancers began receiving letters claiming overpayment and demanding that money be returned to the company. Steve Gerber opened his mail to find a bill for fifty-three dollars.

Marvel is full of Jews who only care about money. Not surprising.

Honestly some of this stuff is Mr. Krabs-tier.

>3interns1chair

>To the outside eye, it may have seemed that Bill Jemas had a free hand to do whatever he liked— but that would be discounting Ike Perlmutter and Avi Arad. Perlmutter was the most hands-on owner Marvel ever had, as the employees were reminded repeatedly. A conference-calling executive might be interrupted from his negotiations by an angry Perlmutter, waving a thirty-dollar invoice in his face, asking why so much money was being spent. “He used to wander the hallways and stand in your doorway,” recalled one editor, “and stare at you until you got uncomfortable and then he’d leave. He always had a notebook in his hand, like he was writing notes about you.” Once, when Perlmutter heard that some employees were involved in a Fantasy Football league, the staff returned from a meeting to find all computers confiscated. Social, frivolous lunchtime activities— a half hour of watching television, or playing Dungeons & Dragons— were banned from the offices.
>For a while, Jemas held sway with the Israeli boss, even bypassing the CEO in the chain of command. “Bill reported to Peter Cuneo,” recalled one observer, “but it was just a façade for the investors. Bill really reported to Ike. They screamed at each other, but Ike listened to him for some reason. ‘He’s smart,’ Ike would say to me, maybe because he stood up to him.”

Wait...what bathroom story?

jesus, how did feige managed to get rid of the guy in the movie division?

>or playing Dungeons & Dragons
They play D&D with fabulous Marvel's RPGs laying around? Company traitors.

>One of the cheapest places I’ve ever worked despite Box office BILLIONS.

well, marvel studios and marvel the comic publisher are two different things. although what I dont understand is, comic writers and artists bounce around between companies dont they? why would they go back if it's shit?

If I were to guess I think some people at Disney aren't that fond of Ike though they respect his abilities.

He got the Disney suits involved. Even the supervillain Ike can't stand against the Mouse.

How many laptops does the intern pool have? 2 or 3 for every 10 interns? Or do you have to bring your own? Must be tough living the shill life.

Safe paycheck is better than no paycheck.
And DC has Berganza and he's raping everything that movies over there.

>There are people who still think Disney is the reason Marvel got rid of X-men and FF licensed products, and not this irl Scrooge.

>There are people who don't believe that he was the one to push for Inhumans to replace X-MEN, and save on miniscule licencing fees.

>he two parties eventually settled on a salary raise to $ 810,000 (with generous annual increases), plus a $ 500,000 yearly pension for his wife, plus $ 125,000 for writing the Spider-Man comic strip, and a whopping 10 percent of any movie and television profits that Marvel enjoyed. Furthermore, the new contract was nonexclusive, which meant that Lee could supplement his income in other ways— in fact, by the time he re-signed with Marvel, he’d already lined up an Internet start-up called Stan Lee Media.

Jesus Christ

This explains a lot about the shitty editing on Marvel books.

>comic writers and artists bounce around between companies dont they? why would they go back if it's shit?

I don't think these are really the writers and artists reviewing. These sound more like the editors and other staff.

>Approve of CEO: 24%
>Recommend to a friend: 41%
HOW WILL IKE EVER RECOVER?

Don't try to fuck with The Man

I'm pretty sure Ike owns a not insignificant amount of stock in Disney. The only thing stopping him from being one of the men behind the Mouse is the fact that he doesn't want to. My guess is he isn't interested in anything where he can't rule with an iron fist.

But there's more:

>By the summer of 2000, Lee would have certainly enjoyed putting Marvel in its place. “I was very surprised that Stan Lee was, on the inside, considered to be an outsider,” recalled a Marvel executive. “Somebody to take care of— somebody we’ve gotta pay attention to.” The “Stan’s Soapbox” column, a regular feature since 1967, was discontinued; Marvel explained that it took up potentially valuable advertising space. Perlmutter had also been campaigning to remove the “Stan Lee Presents” banner from the comics, and had even insisted that Lee be scratched from the list of those who received complimentary copies of new comics. “Ike had it in for Stan like you wouldn’t believe,” said one editor. “Ike hated him.”

Anybody remember reading comics 16 years ago when the Stan Lee Presents masthead was removed? I remembered there was a lot of outrage then and they eventually added it back.

>Jew vs. Jew

This should be made into a movie.

i can't remember all of it but the bathroom thing is that apparently there was only 1 for the entire office so you can figure out how it went

That's insane. Not even one male and one female bathroom? Nothing will ever get done!

don't fuck with the Man

Heh, good for Stan. Though that salary is fucking nuts

did some googleing, it was one per gender

>full of jews who only care about money
Not really. it's ONE jew that only cares about money. He just happens to be the physical manifestation of the craft jew.

Top fucking kek, Stan Lee is a madman.

I just can't hate this guy, sorry Sup Forums.

>They blocked the internet once, in general, for “security reasons”.
how can shitty artists plagiarizing from Google search results work in such conditions?

the artists and writers work from home

>Redpill me.
Jews are bad. Hitler was right. We should have never interfered in his plan. He was the original redpill.

That is some impressive Jewing.

He went to the head of Disney, the only person above Perlmutter, and basically blamed AoU underperforming on Perlmutter and said that Feige and the actors couldn't deal with him anymore and would quit if a restructuring didn't happen so Feige didn't have to report to him anymore.

Perlmutter is also the reason they don't have F4 back yet. Fox had an insanely high asking price for F4 rights to return which Disney was OK with paying because "more money than God," but Perlmutter wouldn't let them take the deal because "it's a waste of money, the rights will just return on their own anyways."

>I'm pretty sure Ike owns a not insignificant amount of stock in Disney. The only thing stopping him from being one of the men behind the Mouse is the fact that he doesn't want to. My guess is he isn't interested in anything where he can't rule with an iron fist.
He's the third highest shareholder. Feige went to the first highest sharehold.

Artists don't usually work at Marvel offices. Land doesn't go to Marvel to do his work.

I dunno why we joke about Stan stealing life force when it's clear he's alive because he's rich as shit

i've heard there's also some animosity at Fox towards Marvel

>i've heard there's also some animosity at Fox towards Marvel
It's gotten better apparently, but they despised each other for a bit there because of how the F4/Daredevil shit went down.

>because of how the F4/Daredevil shit went down.

It wasn't just that, it was also the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver thing.

Feige threatened Disney that he would quit if he wouldn't get free reign over the movie division and got rid of Perlmutter.

He's far too important for Marvel Studios at this point and has a lot of leverage. Disney understood that and demoted Ike to deal with only the comic and TV division.

Where's the sauce on that? If Feige is first then that means he has skin in the game, which would explain why the quality of MCU movies are so high, he's betting on their success with his own money.

No that user said that Feige met with the highest shareholder.

Ahhh. Yeah I thought Iger was the first.

>which would explain why the quality of MCU movies are so high
What the blue fuck? You can dig the movies all you want, but you're out of your fucking mind if you think the quality on any of them is "high".

The relationship between Marvel and Fox is much better now actually, Kinberg and Miller talked about it some months ago.

>“I don’t think [it will happen] yet, producer Simon Kinberg told Digital Spy. “But certainly, obviously, it worked [for Sony] and there’s a lot of good will between me and Kevin. I think now actually between the studio and Marvel. There was a little bit of horse trading back and fourth in the process of making Deadpool, in a good way.”

>“Just as a fan of comics and a fan of book movies I would love to see it,” Kinberg continued. “The idea that we could give them Wolverine and I could write for Iron Man would be a dream. But it is a very complicated legal thing that is so far above my pay grade that who knows. Who knows if it will ever happen.”

>Tim Miller points out that he included a reference to Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige – “Feige’s Famous Pizza” – in his movie Deadpool as a way to to “try and bring these worlds together.”

>“Both of us are actually quite close with Kevin,“ Simon Kinberg says, “and have a profound amount of respect for what he does. And it would be fun to all team up one day, somehow, together, if that could work.”

>Memos demanded that paper clips not be thrown away, that lights be turned off if an office was vacated for more than five minutes. “Ike was an absolute tyrant, plain and simple,” said one longtime employee.
To be fair, paper clips are easily reusable, just give each employee a small holder for them. And turning of the light in a room when you aren't going to said room immediately, just seems like a good idea.

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/09/marvel-studios-ike-perlmutter-kevin-feige

>“Disney ran out of food at an Avengers media event because of Perlmutter's constraints, causing reporters to pilfer from Universal’s nearby suite for The Five-Year Engagement”

>According to The Financial Times, when Don Cheadle was hired at a much cheaper rate to replace Terrence Howard in the Iron Man franchise, Perlmutter allegedly told former chairman of Disney consumer products Andy Mooney that no one would notice because black people “look the same.” Mooney has since left, reportedly over conflicts with Perlmutter, and he was quickly followed out the door by three African-American female executives who have since sought settlements.
>no one would notice because black people “look the same.”
Holy shit.

>Perlmutter—who has a background in the toy business—was specifically responsible for the controversial decision to take a gendered approach to Avengers merchandise. In short, the blame is falling on him for the conspicuous absence of Black Widow-related toys.

>>Weeks later, a number of freelancers began receiving letters claiming overpayment and demanding that money be returned to the company. Steve Gerber opened his mail to find a bill for fifty-three dollars

That's the most zionist thing I've ever heard.

But non-Perlmutter control didn't fully happen till Doctor Strange. Civil War 2 was still partly under Perlmutter and the Marvel Creative Committee (Bendis, Dan Buckley, Alan Fine, Joe Quesada, maybe Jeph Loeb) and it was during there when Feige broke off with Perlmutter and the Committee.

>Feige is first
Reread the sentence. The three highest shareholders are:
>Bob Iger
>George Lucas
>Ike Perlmutter
In that order. Feige went to Iger to try and convince him to get Feige out from under Perlmutter's thumb. Iger did and, being the one person with the authority to do so without Perlmutter being able to object, ripped Marvel Studios out of Marvel Entertainment and turned it into its own division in Disney under Alan Horn which basically makes Marvel Studios just another Disney Movie Studio.

Before, Marvel despite being owned by Disney had everything under its umbrella left under the complete control of Perlmutter without any outside interference. So Marvel Studios was Marvel's movie division. Now Marvel Studios has taken out of "Marvel Entertainment" which is Marvel, and given to Alan Horn, Chairman of Walt Disney Studios, basically making it another Walt Disney Studio.

About half of Civil War and everything before it was made by Marvel. The homestretch of Civil War and everything after it are from Disney Studios. The television shows were left at Marvel Entertainment since they're ran by Loeb who is a comic guy through and through. Remember, Feige has never worked on comics. He's made a career out of producing superhero movies, mostly Marvel ones which is why he was made head of the Marvel Studios in the first place, but that includes a number of shit Marvel movies like Daredevil and Elektra. Any and all attempts at "comic accuracy" came from the fact that under Pelmutter, Feige had to work alongside the Marvel Creative Committee, a group of Marvel Comics editors and writers.

That's true, and Perlmutter's stinginess may sometimes be neccesary during the bankruptcy period. But stuff like sending a bill to Gerber and other freelancers is bullshit.

>>no one would notice because black people “look the same.”
And? He's absolutely right. You could replace any black actor in the MCU with someone else, and literally nothing would change. Also, he was right about black widow toys, no one is going to buy them. Go to any toy store, and it's always the female characters that they have too much of when it comes to boys toys.

>One of the cheapest places I’ve ever worked despite Box office BILLIONS
I think it should be pointed out that Marvel Comics and Marvel Studios are separate entities

I want Sup Forums to leave

Yeah man, a creative committee consisting of Bendis and Quesada.

I say good riddance, Feige was smart for getting rid of that penny pinching jew and the "creative" committee.

And I want tumblr to fuck off forever. Obviously you won't, so I guess we're both stuck.

The New DC offices look pretty nice

>You could replace any black actor in the MCU with someone else, and literally nothing would change.
Almost any. Plenty of people would notice if Idris Elba was gone from Thor.

>Unfortunately, there are also some pretty awful people who they keep around despite knowing how poorly they treat their co-workers. There is also almost no opportunity for vertical movement in the company. There is a small group of executives who run everything and treat everyone else like replaceable cogs. The offices are archaic, They often shove three people into one room, but then have an office twice the size filled with boxes of samples. They don't even provide you with office supplies. It doesn't really feel like you're viewed as a person, and if you speak out of turn, or don't walk the company line, they will get rid of you. Everyone knows this, and everyone is afraid of getting on the wrong side of those people. It's a culture of fear built intentionally by the CEO and his cronies.

If Marvel was as cheap as you say, they wouldn't give laptops to interns at all.

Idris elba as rhodey or mordo or falcon. Literally nothing changes.

>this is how Dckeks spend their free time

tip top lel

Holy shit, Perlmutter BTFO. Also I never really Stan was THAT loaded.

>The biggest challenge for Marvel is its culture of fear. There are few lines of communication up and down the management chain and so people are incentivized to not do the wrong thing rather than try new things. Employees are looked at as liabilities rather than assets, which is unconscionable for a company that creates intellectual property as its only product.

>Marvel's reputation for stinginess is legendary and deserved. Amenities that are considered basic no-brainers at most organizations - coffee, office supplies - are not provided at Marvel. The less said about the bathrooms, the better.

>People are often not set up for success. Duties are piled on employees without thoughts about long-term support for their roles. There are not clear pathways up the ladder and senior management roles are generally hired from outside, so there is very little cultivation of talent inside the organization.

And another person:

>Egotistical management. Hiring low experienced and rapidly promoting them to management. Management expects you to put in many hours of free time. So much so they make their budgets based on extra hours they do not pay for. One example is that a job is given out and scheduled to last 4 weeks (and it takes 4 weeks of more than full time work 160+ hours) and you receive less than 40 hours pay

>Can sociopaths be cured? I would plea that the parent company , Disney, step in and throw management to the curb.

Try harder next time, Intern

>Extremely paranoid work environment. Your computer is handicapped from doing anything except your actual job. They blocked the internet once, in general, for “security reasons”. They also send test spam e-mails to try and trick employees into clicking spam links only to reprimand anyone who may have accidentally fallen for it. Company wide e-mails were sent saying anyone who failed the spam exam would be “targeted”, though thankfully we never found out what that actually meant

Not for nothing, but I've been at a few companies that do this. It's mostly to keep bad shit from getting onto the network.

Dude, citing Grace Randolf is the definition of trying hard.

>Steve Gerber opened his mail to find a bill for fifty-three dollars.
Gerber had a hard life.

He'd refused to allow female-protagonist focused movies and was greatly against minority ones, and Captain Marvel was Perlmutter's comprise with Feige for Inhumans. Feige gets his female-protagonist superhero movie that Perlmutter didn't want to happen and Perlmutter got his Inhumans passion project which Feige didn't want to make. His stance, having gotten his start in the toy industry, was that female action figures don't sell so the movies had to take toy sales into account. To that end, he forced them to use turn the original villain of IM3 (a woman) into a man which is how we ended up with the incredibly bland Aldritch Killian.

That review was posted on Jul 27, 2015.

Feige breaking away from Perlmutter didn't get reported till August 31, 2015:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/marvel-shake-up-film-chief-819205

So at the time that review was made, Perlmutter was still overseeing the films with the Creative Committee.

Damn, I work corporate for a property management company and we get better shit than that.

>tfw one one of the admins makes fresh popcorn in the popcorn machine

>>Can sociopaths be cured? I would plea that the parent company , Disney, step in and throw management to the curb.
Does Disney even care about the comic division now? With Marvel Studios breaking away, they probably don't give a shit about happens on the comic side.

They care what gives them money, so I would imagine they couldn't give less of a fuck about the comics.

>Does Disney even care about the comic division now?
Disney has no say in the comic division. Perlmutter rules it with an iron fist. The handful of people that have reason to care only cared about Marvel Studios because they make billions. Of course they're not going to give a fuck about a niche market IP farm.

Even though I generally don't read comics much, it's really sad to see what is happening to Marvel. I guess they really are turning into a movie company. Or rather their clone is.

They don't care, but if it bombed completely they would either move in or snip it.

Well remember long before the Disney buyout, back when Avi Arad was still at Marvel?

>But Perlmutter’s longtime ally Avi Arad, who was trying to put together movie deals on the West Coast, had an agenda that was often at cross-purposes with Jemas’s chance-taking. Arad felt like he was stuck on damage-control duty with Hollywood stars who’d gotten eyefuls of over-the-top blood and guts. Michelle Pfeiffer walked into his office and told him she wouldn’t take her son, an X-Men fan, into comic-book stores because of the gratuitous violence. George Clooney pulled out of talks to portray Nick Fury after he laid his hands on the issue in which the hero choked an enemy soldier with his own intestines.

>Arad began paying closer attention to the comic books; he and Jemas were increasingly at each other’s throats. Occasionally, when a MAX series about an old character— Deathlok, say, or Shanna the She-Devil— was scrapped at the last moment, the scuttlebutt would be that the envelope-pushing content had been deemed a threat to already-in-the-works movie deals. Marvel’s plans to feature a back-from-the-dead Princess Di in X-Statix caused outrage in the British press, but some claimed that it was Arad’s displeased Hollywood friends who ultimately nixed the issue.

>“Publishing was where it all started, and it was great source,” Arad said. “You had readymade storyboards to look at, to understand how to lay out stories. But the big deal for the company was merchandising— everything from cereals to shirts to videogames to shoes, you name it. That’s where the serious revenues were coming from.”

>If the comic books damaged the brand, it would all come crashing down.

>>>no one would notice because black people “look the same.”
>And? He's absolutely right.
That's racist. You're delusional if you can't accept that.

>You could replace any black actor in the MCU with someone else, and literally nothing would change
No shit, actors play fictional characters. It's their job to make sure nothing significantly (not literally) changes. Doesn't justify his comment.

Hulk: Ruffalo, Norton, Bana, Ferrigno, Bixby.
"Literally" nothing changed.

>it's really sad to see what is happening to Marvel.
It's been happening since Ike became CEO which was 12 years ago.

The comics division is a script mill now.

Money IS perlmutters life force

Jew, please

>Perlmutter allegedly told former chairman of Disney consumer products Andy Mooney that no one would notice because black people “look the same.” Mooney has since left, reportedly over conflicts with Perlmutter, and he was quickly followed out the door by three African-American female executives who have since sought settlements.

How does he think these two look the same?

Why would they? Again, anything that happens at Marvel Entertainment does so under Perlmutter. The reverse would actually be more likely of Perlmutter shutting it down and Disney having to step in and save it. Not like that's ever going to happen one way or the other.

It's a Sup Forumstard, user.

Go fuck yourself, tumblr.

>And? He's absolutely right. You could replace any black actor in the MCU with someone else, and literally nothing would change.
This is what racists actually believe.