Star vs. Evil

Does Janna like Marco? Is that why she stalks/bullies him, because she doesn't know how else to express it? She certainly doesn't act like that towards others (she's quite nice in "Girls' Day Out"), and I don't think she acts like that towards Marco out of spite or hate - it seems more like "I'm claiming you as mine" rather than "I want you to suffer". What's her endgame, really?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/U9KcH
youtube.com/watch?v=DUMq6imrMmI
i.imgur.com/tmS5koe.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes.

Her endgame is dick.

a little remind that jeremy is the only guy in the intro how still dont get a episode, and i betting he going to be the main plot for some filler episode now in this last 8 episodes for season 2.

i just hope they deal with him for good.

>Marco's Parents
>Tom and Jackie

Oskar and... SF13???

>Skullnick and Kelly

Star doesn't need anymore heartbreak.

Are you implying Mina is going to be the Stepmom of Buff Frog's children?

Okay, so about the season 2 beginning image - the expressions and positioning of the characters sort of reflects how they change in the story?

In season 1, Tom, Jackie and Janna were all somewhere in the crowd, second row or further back, among the nearly nameless extras. Ferguson and Alfonzo were more front than them. Their expressions are also pretty neutral-friendly.

In season 2, Janna, Jackie and Tom have moved to the front row.
Notably, their expressions reflect how their relation to Marco and Star changes during season 2. Characters like Jeremy, Pony Head or both sets of parents don't change their expression at all.
Tom is now making a bro-like gesture, signifying his notable development with Marco, going from a full-on enemy to close friend (closer than Ferg or Alf) through Mr. Candle, Friendenemies and Naysaya. Jackie, also, is now making the goo-goo eyes we finally saw in BBTBC, indicating her suddenly becoming more central and active, and starting a romance with Marco.

Then there's Janna, whose expression is weird - really weird. It's halfway not friendly, almost menacing, there's something crazy about the eyes. It's a very different expression than anyone else who's supposedly an ally to Star has.

janna is a toned down version of those "yanderes" you see in japanese cartoons, basically

I STILL BELIEVE

COMIC ISSUE 2 deep trouble

imgur.com/a/U9KcH

bad quality, but its the best quality we have for now

>Ferguson, Alfonzo, Brittney, Sabrina etc. are no longer in the intro
R.I.P.

Weird and adorable!

You are a blessing pencil-user, take your time

>I can't believe people save my art.
Of course dude, I love your drawings, they stay true to the show... And you made it for me! Thanks to you, really :) Also... if you could make a happy Star with a big smile, I would appreciate it. If you want to, of course

There is a scan now, but all the pages are in the wrong order AND IT'S MISSING ONE PAGE RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Does Janna like Marco?

no, he is just easy to tease because he takes everything serious.

yet he is nice enough to let things go and he does get annoyed but he doesn't resent you are starts to hate you.

I mean, seriously.

Already we've seen Janna develop a bit - while in season 1, she was just annoying and mischievous, with an interest in the macabre and so on. But in season 2, they've been amping her pushy creepiness and negative traits up, to the point in Naysaya where she was happy to see Marco scream in sudden pain and actually kept Star from going to his aid; because his agony might result in something -interesting-. In BBTC, she was suddenly creeping in Marco's bathroom when he was clad in just a towel, slapped his butt (a gesture that might be considered sexual harassment), didn't acknowledge Jackie and full-on wanted to try to raise the dead or have a seance or whatever.

Thing is, I don't think Janna is still as crazy as the opening image might warrant. Do you think she'll keep on the current track and get developed into someone more and more troublesomely unpredictable within the season?

Will she turn on Star, at some point? What if they meet Eclipsa or her ghost or someone possessed by her, whose side would she be on?

My thoughts on how Starco will be achieved

I hope Daron Nefcy saw this

Is there a Jenna episode?

Jenna Benena and Star became bff since Girl's Day out

I still think they're gonna pull a Toradora and Jackie is going to end up getting Marco and Star together.

Could we give star and janna good relationship advise?

>Does Janna like Marco?

They may have teased that in season 1, but if that was ever their intention it's a dropped subplot now.

Season 2 Janna is completely indifferent toward Marco or just makes fun of him because she's a rascal.

>Didn't name Marco as her crush during the truth contest
>Didn't so much as glance at Marco when he got all handsomed up for the dance

Sort of like those 2 nerdy friends Marco had at the start of season 1 who vanished off the face of the Earth because the writers lost interest in them.

best costumes, am i right?

its been suggested that That was very much outta Janna's character when she did not glance at marco when he got handsomed up.
And for a reason too.
Janna does not want her mind on marco ergo she decided to simply look into i flash light or whatever. Infact Janna and Jackie are good friends yet she said nothing to her has well.
Its also can be interpreted that Janna deleted the pic star was showing her because she as well wants to get her mind off of it. alot aspects involving janna were very outta character.

yes

I'm starting to have doubts.

Not in the ship itself - its cuteness and perfectness is indisputable - but in the idea that it will canonically happen in the end. I feel like we're just fooling ourselves with wishful thinking based on some cliches.

And it's really fucking depressing.

have faith, they wouldnt have included a star subplot into the mix if they didnt want to use it

It's not out of character if the writers change the character. Lots of characters and their relationships get retooled between seasons when the writers decide "this idea isn't working".

Jenna may have had a crush on Marco in season 1, but it was quietly dropped for season 2 and never referenced again. Even Jenna slapping Marco's butt was played as platonic, like a football coach.

Im calling it. Janna has been portrayed the way she is because she will become a minor villain to Star and Marco in Season 3. Screencap this.

what about ignoring Jackie? they are good friends mind you.

Include me in the screncap

>its been suggested that That was very much outta Janna's character when she did not glance at marco when he got handsomed up
I think it makes sense for her; i think that's not the 'real Marco' that she likes.

They'll use it alright.

But not necessarily in the way we'd like it.

>what about ignoring Jackie?
She didn't ignore Jackie. In fact she told her to smell Marco's butt. And greeted her with "Hey"

>Lots of characters and their relationships get retooled between seasons when the writers decide "this idea isn't working".

I remember Double D had a crush on Ed's sister in the early season 1 episodes, then it was immediately dropped and never referenced again.

That's probably what they're pulling with Janna and Marco. "Just... forget that ever happened. We don't want to write about that."

>Didn't name Marco as her crush during the truth contest
Didn't want to admit it. You don't really think she has a crush on a guy who's been a corpse for centuries?

>Didn't so much as glance at Marco when he got all handsomed up for the dance
Didn't want to feel jelly, so was trying to distract herself. Same with deleting the photo, it wasn't just for Star's benefit.

>That's probably what they're pulling with Janna and Marco. "Just... forget that ever happened. We don't want to write about that."

I'm 100% on board with that.

If Adventure Time and the 2012 TMNT cartoon have taught us anything, it's that relationship drama and meandering love triangles positively KILL a show. Better they focus on just Marco/Jackie/Star without throwing more bodies into the mix.

We don't want another "Breezie".

Why not a threesome

>You don't really think she has a crush on a guy who's been a corpse for centuries?
This is Janna user. It's entirely plausible

think she would do it just to claim him?

>Didn't want to admit it. You don't really think she has a crush on a guy who's been a corpse for centuries?
According to the cube only one was lying and it seems that it was Star

>We don't want another "Breezie".

Or "Roadside Attraction".

If the Star vs. writers are anything like the Gravity Falls writers, we'll get an episode where Marco apologizes because 3 girls have a crush on him and it's all his fault and why didn't he think about THEIR feelings, the misogynist.

youtube.com/watch?v=DUMq6imrMmI

It has been done

>Didn't want to admit it. You don't really think she has a crush on a guy who's been a corpse for centuries?

The cube puzzle thing could root out anyone who was lying and determined that Janna was telling the truth. It was the writers' way of telling the audience that the "Janna likes Marco" subplot has been dropped.

oh boy please don't

>Roadside Attraction
Please let's not bring THAT up.

>Star tries a pregnancy spell on herself
>Without the book she gets it wrong
>She gives birth to the Silent Hill god

wasent the point of the episode that honestly is not black or white?

honesty*

A lot of downloads I see

i.imgur.com/tmS5koe.png
new BF

DAMN its so cute that i dont want to fap

Why not a Marco/Star/Jackie/Janna/Tom/Hope/Sabrina/Brittney/etc. multisome

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH BOOOOIIIIIII1

This took so long I lost interest

GOD BLESS AREA

Well, StarFan did complement Star's choice in men during the sleepover episode. SF13 might want the keytar.

hnnnnng

Don't forget Charlie

amazing

good art does take a while.

Polyamory scares Sup Forums

That's called an orgy user.

It's not based solely on cliches, but on the way story structure works. It would be highly unusual if they used all of their ammunition that early in the story.

Think about it this way - we didn't even have any clues that they may had romantic feelings towards each over until "Sleepover" came around. They wouldn't introduce this subplot if it didn't have any impact on the show later on. If Star will just move on after couple of episodes it will seem as mere a waste of time.

It doesn't work.
It's just human nature.

How dare you compare Breezy to Roadside Attraction. Roadside attraction might have it's problems, altough i actually liked it, but it's not even in the same ball park of terrible Breezy was.

MULTISOME!

That's just a fucking indiscriminate orgy

What if Star uses a brainwashing spell against Marco and takes advantage of him and because that is one of my fetishes but it was never done to the men, etc

it's good, but can't fap to it, I just don't know why

What are you talking about we had hints since the first episode of Season 2

What's a kiss on the lips between besties?

It's too cute and innocent
It also makes me parnoid that Chris Hansen is gonna walk in on me the moment I stick my my hand down my pants.

Load of shit it does work. and has work for many year more than monogamy

You heard this, right? Star couldn't be okay with sharing Marco if she tried.

No, Star is still his best friend. It's just that Jackie skipped the "friend" part, straight away to "girlfriend"

>getting scared over fapping to fictional characters.
fag.

Those hints turned out not to be hints after the revelation of Star not even knowing that she has a crush on Marco.

If you're rich sure.
But that's no relationship, that's just having two people that are ok with you fucking both as long as they don't have to see each other.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH, FEMKEK

I don't think Janna's feelings toward Marco have changed in between seasons; her literally slapping his ass is about on the same level as asking if they wanted to "make some magic" or whatever.

It's just that her behavior could either be interpreted as her having a crush on him or just teasing him because she's a creepy weirdo.

sorry about the sizing

KEK SUPPORTS JARCO
KEK BE PRAISED

That because shes been influenced by the earth customs that once taken it can't be shared. If the suggestion of it being shared was made apparent to her jealousy would not be in the mix

> I feel like we're just fooling ourselves with wishful thinking based on some cliches.

I mean... What else are we supposed to base our expectations of the media on? I wouldn't call it wishful thinking but rather educated guesswork.

Marco is the bicycle of the Star Fandom. Everyone wants to ride him

>implying my wives don't love each other just as much as they love me.

one over quads, quints

Dude, unless you are in some shitty nanny state that hates fun like where I am, nothing happens

will /sveg/ get ??

Given everything we've seen, I'm willing to believe she has no legitimate romantic interest in him and just picks on him because it's fun (and, frankly, he's an easy target.)

She's just a weirdo who likes weird things.

>Jarco post always getting the mad digits almost every thread

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

Kek has a real shit ship.

Oh yeah, scratch that. It actually began in S2 premiere. However, that still leaves a huge chuck of the story without any romantic implications. The biggest exception would be BMB.

Holy kek

I sort of suspect something like that, too. Tom and Jackie have been developed into all-new characters, Tom into someone very different than he seemed to be in season 2 and Jackie has been given a personality and a lot more depth. Janna seems to be going into a darker direction. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it turned out she's not on Team Star, she's on Team Janna, and if Star crosses her she might turn sour.

Very possibly she'll be redeemed again by the end of the series, but I'm interested to see what they'll do with her once she gets introduced to some other magic users beside just Star and gets a chance to really see or do something "interesting"