Which was the better Grievous?

Which was the better Grievous?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RaBnPAqWdhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jyQ6YQvUU5s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The one that was actually threatening and didn't act like a 30s cartoon villain.

Still the best thing to come out of the prequels.

Anyone got relevant gifs or webms?

That cartoon should be the only canon prequel material. It's over the top in all the best ways and makes perfect sense as a legend passed down from before the empire

Best part is it actually shows the fucking clone wars instead of just the first and last battles.

That's actually true of the whole franchise, all the cool shit is never ever seen.

As a kid, I always thought the reconciliation between the two versions was Mace Force-crushing his internal organs like a Pepsi can in Genndy Wars.

>This damage would've affected his stamina and movement capability, thus causing him to be slow and fucked up and not badass in Revenge of the Sith.
>Also, him being a coward in RotS would explained by him learning his lesson from being smashed by Mace and he started running from Jedi in order to avoid something like that happening again.
>Plus the reason his voice is deeper and more raspy in RotS was because Dindu fucked up his voicebox. In fact, in Genndy Wars, you can even his voice deepening to the RotS one as he coughs while the ship lifts off.

However, the new CGI Clone Wars (set long before Sheev's capture) invalidated my headcanon, portraying Grievous as a cowardly jobber from the start (even being defeated by Padawans and Gungans), having a cough from the start, and having that raspy Matt Wood voice from the start.

The 3D cartoon also shows you the war, but it focuses too much on the clones and Ahsoka for me (I don't give a shit about them)

Will the new trilogy ever get anything this kino, can it be saved?

I've never given it a shot but I'll watch it if has Ithorians.

Absolutely never I'm afraid, unless Tartakovsky decides to direct them. What was your favorite scene from the shorts boys? I think the Sheev Grevious confrontation and ensuing chase takes the cake.

It's all on YouTube

Fuck Ithorians

>CLONE Wars
>It focus on the clones too much

Are you retarded?

>portraying Grievous as a cowardly jobber from the start
Why the fuck did they do that?

The ARC trooper reinforcement scene was incredibly kino

Because George wanted Grievous to show Vader's bitchness

user said it focus's on the Clones too much for his personal taste. user wanted to enjoy a Star Wars show because he likes Star Wars, but he doesn't like the show because it focus's on something he isn't interested in.

So... you think user is retarded because he has differing tastes than you?

George wanted it

They didn't.

youtube.com/watch?v=RaBnPAqWdhQ

Lucas apparently hated Grievous in the Genndy cartoon and wanted to make him weaker and more cowardly

>Star Wars
>focuses mainly on a guy and his evil dad

Shaak Ti a cute!

Ithorians are cool as fuck. Stop being a faggot

2008 series>2003 series but 2003 Grievous>2008 Grievous

Grievous did have his fair share of badass moments in the 3d show, such as the video you linked, but he also had his lame moments like getting owned by gungans

>Watches a a Show called the CLONE Wars
>Doesn't like that there is clone parts in ti

What did he expect?

So Grievous has to be 100% badass all the time and can never be outsmarted? Get your retarded OC character out of here.

I disagree. After watching Samurai Jack season 5 and the way he bungled episodes 5-10, I never want Genndy near another Star Wars project ever again.

Hey he did the foot thing from GenndyWars
Cool

What did he mean by this?

But that's not what user said. He just said it focus'd too much on clones for him; for his tastes. You keep insinuating that since the title of the show includes the word CLONE that it would be apparent to a newcomer that the main focus would be clones, yet in this very franchise there is a movie entitled Attack of the CLONES and clones are barely in it at all. So, what are you trying to say?

There is a huge amount a wiggle room between "can never be outsmarted" and getting beat up by Gungans, bro.

So do you dislike Genndywars too or do you just think he's lost his creative touch?

How else would you show a strong feminine role model beating the patriarchy - I mean - the separatists, user? :^)

seriously people praise that show for being dark when all the villains are cowardly 1-dimensional jobbers that always lose

I love Genndy wars, I think Genndy lost his touch if the new Jack season is any indication.

Wonder why
Feeling upstaged?

He was kind of written as too OP. Trained by Duuko means he can out wield pretty much every Jedi.

This show was one of the few things I loved as a kid that stayed good as I grew older.
Pure kino

The Clones in Genndywars were singleminded murdermachines

Well he had been pretty much dormant since SBT back in early 10s so I guess he could have been rusty?

OH no!
Grevious is about rape your wafiu!
What do?

Yeah but using an explosive that close to friendlies is stupid as hell. Not to mention backblast, this is sci fi though so I'm not sure how their launchers worked. This was the only SW IP that used projectile based explosives for their launchers I believe, every other time it's been some energy based projectile. I am glad they portrayed the clones as completely inhuman though, how they were meant to be.

1 its for children and pre sjw 2016 shit
2 the nightsisters, ventress, and asura sing are all big female villans in the show

>all the villains are cowardly 1-dimensional jobbers that always lose
The series literally ends with Yoda coming to the realization that the Sith are going to win the Clone Wars and there's nothing he or any other Jedi can do about it

How the actual fuck did that rocket pierce the elevator glass but not blow up the elevator

Great.
But it's not something that happened in the show.

Magic sci-fi shaped charge?

This scene made no sense.
Why would he just tie her up?

It literally leaves you thinking there's no explanation but he raped her.

Ahsoka was a great character though. She had pretty much the same character arc as Dooku in the old EU

Have you actually watched the show?

>tfw I still have this on dvd

It was done to make Grievous look cool(er) by giving him deadly snaking electric cables

He had a very specific fetish user
also Shaak Ti was alive in movies so they kinda had to keep the continuity a little bit

literally watch the last season Yoda goes on a spirit journey for 2 or 3 episodes and finds this out with help of Quigon's force ghost and what seems to be the corporeal interpretation of the force.

What makes you think he did'nt faggot?
You would'nt Shag Ti?

They kept her alive because they were going to kill her in episode 3. Then they deleted her death scene. Then they added a different one and deleted that. Then she was cut out of the movie entirely, making the whole thing pointless.

It would have been so effective if grievous actually killed her in that scene.

>cancelled season that somehow made it to cuckflix

kek

I couldn't stomach that shit after season 1. If I'm wrong, then go ahead and tell me.

She survived an earlier encounter with him, so instead of just killing her he wanted to really humiliate her

Should stripped her naked then

>tfw there is rule 34 of that scene

Left or right?

Take into consideration not just the shows, but also the books, comics, video games, toys, etc. from both eras.

This is the great mind of George Lucas. Palpatine is able to take control of everything because everyone in the PT is a literal retard.

>and then he grabs the lightsabers with his feet and just swings them around back and forth
Nigga what the FUCK

So you've watched the first 15% of a show and are complaining about how recurring characters are portrayed?

For the most part the villains are by far the weakest part of the show, the big exception being Maul, who was phenomonal and absolutely justified bringing him back.

>what seems to be the corporeal interpretation of the force.
A giant tree?

>this is shit because x
>but you're fucking wrong you retard x happens later on in the show and is show repeatedly
>well kiddo I didn't watch that far also your last season was only half finished kek

Never come here again please

EUUGHHHHH
I feel like I'm fucking drunk watching that shit

Both are really good, but I'd go with 2002-2007 simply because 2008-2014 is really just being carried with the clone wars tv show, 2002-2007 also has better games at their respective time

That was a good episode.

Honestly one of the highlights of this series is just normal clones fucking around and shooting the shit.
>that one episode where waxer and boil form an everlasting relationship with a cute little twi'lek girl
>tfw they painted her on their helmets and when she grew up and became a rebel she painted them on her helmet
true fucking kino

Oh come on, left by far.
Right has better vidya, better books, (I did read them) and a darker overall aesthetic that focused more on action. Did I mention how really really good the vidya was? If you include KOTOR on the left too it's not even a fucking choice anymore.

George hates anything that doesn't align with his vision. Even things that are better than his ideas and would improve the story as a whole.
I personally find it funny that Grevious is still loved despite being retconned into being a jobber meanwhile most people don't care about Dooku despite how much he was pushed after Maul.

*Left
fuck me

People don't like Dooku because of his stupid fucking name.

>Waxer's death from friendly fire

The biggest let down of the show was not doing more with Dooku. He has the potential to be one of the best characters in Star Wars, and the little hints we get about him in the movies are super interesting, but they never actually go into his character and it's a fucking shame.

"General Grievous" is much more retarded

Windu vs an army of droids was fucking awesome

It's stupid, but at least it doesn't sound literally like shit

Was Duke Kaka George's other choice?

Have some Grievous.

>Duke Kafka
Very intelligence George

All because of that one fucking Jackass Krell. If only Anakin had the clairvoyance to realize what was gonna happen and just murdered Krell right there and then. At least we got a cool order-66 themed scene when they hunt krell down.

> Darth Icky.
> Darth Insanius.

It could be so much worse.

>KOTOR
>Clone Wars

Are you on dope?

>Duke Kaka

>mfw Mauls standoff with Obi-Wan in Rebels was the best light saber duel in years.

lol

youtube.com/watch?v=jyQ6YQvUU5s

Shit I guess I am retarded, some reason I thought it was based solely on creative period. Disregard me

Is that Obama?

>Dooku's sith name is fucking Darth Tyrannus.
>He is almost never called that.

Darth DAMAGED

DELETE THAT ENTIRE FUCKING VIDEO RIGHT NOW YOU PIECE OF SHIT

cause nobody knows he's a sith except his master