So why is this considered good again?

so why is this considered good again?

i'm 15 episodes into the first season and have found it incredibly dull so far. probably would have liked it as a kid, but as an adult it's just incredibly boring.

does it get good at some point or am i just too cynical and jaded to enjoy it?

>so why is this considered good again?

Because it's the closest thing we've gotten to the DCAU quality without it being part of the DCAU.

>so why is this considered good again?
The shipping, and the fact that it took itself way too seriously, giving the illusion that it's a mature show. It was pretty fucking bad, the writing itself was fanfic deviantart tier.

The last third of the season is damn good. It ties everything together nice and makes the season worth it.

Opinions are very mixed on season two. It depends if you like character-based or plot-based seasons.

It had a good villain shota

No that would be Avengers EMH and if you're just counting DC the shitty New 52 animated films are still better.

>The Shitty new 52 animated films are better

I don't know if you're baiting but that's literally impossible

they're not great, but at least they're not written for 4 year olds

They're really fucking bad and have almost no good qualities to them....and still better than either season of young justice. That's how bad the writing for young justice was.

YJ has a very adult writing style compared to the usual action cartoons.

I mean, people say YJ is shit but what action cartoons do action/dialogue/story better? I can think of maybe one or two.

i don't think it's bad compared to other cartoons, i just heard that it was "great" and assumed that meant actual great, not "great for a children's cartoon"

No they are written for four year olds

He would've been better if his voice was less annoying

>people think this show is bad but liked Spectacular Spider-Man

I don't understand this site.

Some people happen to have taste.

I'm really curious what happened to Weisman between spider-man and young justice for the writing to take such a massive nosedive.

>i'm 15 episodes into the first season and have found it incredibly dull so far.
no you're not. you've already watched it and now you're trying to start fights so you can feel better about yourself.

His writing tics got amplified by time. Everyone loves Xanatos in Gargoyles, but when the villains are all Xanatoses all the time and win even when they lose it gets annoying very fast.

>Annoying
>Implying bratty shotas aren't the best shotas

Please get aids.

nop

really not trying to start a fight, but a discussion of some sort so i can understand what i'm not getting

Won't happen. If you didn't like the show, you're immediately assumed to be a troll. A toxic fanbase is usually a good indication of the quality of the show.

I'm really curious why you keep spamming your shit opinions.

You're about to hit some of the best episodes of the season.

Thanks for proving right, dumb faggot.

I'm not the same autist who keep spamming "what happened to Weisman between Spectacular and YJ/he lost it between Spectacular and YJ" in every YJ thread.

There's a difference between criticism and just repeating the same statement over and over.

Tell you what, if you don't like 18, 19, and 20, especially 20, then just drop the show. You're just not going to like it.

To be fair, talk of this show was dead until anons started talking highly of the surprise new season. I'm not saying you're a troll for having a different opinion, but crawling out of the woodwork just to ruin someone else's fun and then calling them the toxic ones is a little silly.

Probably because it's fucking true. The writing was actually decent in spider-man, so to go from that to young justice, is really goddamn jarring to see happen. Either it wasn't same guy doing the writing, or he had some sort of nervous breakdown that reverted his writing to that of a fanfic.

>I'm not saying you're a troll for having a different opinion, but crawling out of the woodwork just to ruin someone else's fun and then calling them the toxic ones is a little silly.
Someone makes a thread about young justices season 3 coming to netflix, I just end up hiding the thread. If theres that asks about whether or not it was good or bad, i'm going to give my opinion. When the show was still airing, there was always a real division on the show itself. People hating on the show isn't some sort of new occurrence.

Well, for starters, he's not the only writer in the show. He's a showrunner and does that first alongside the other showrunner, Brandon Vietti.

Second, what makes YJ's writing to be like a "fanfic"? Why that comparison?

I mean, I thought the show, particularly in the second season, was filled with overwritten exposition, but otherwise, the stories were solid, the characters had distinct voices, the few jokes landed, characterization was consistent, etc. It's not amazing, but it avoided a lot of pitfalls that Legend of Korra or 2011 Thundercats fell on.

Again, I wasn't accusing you. But you should understand why the fandom would be on such a hostile edge, like you claim. You should know that most people of Sup Forums don't practice your restraint.

nuh