RIP Horror Genre

This is the highest grossing horror movie of all time.

Shed a tear for Horror films

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cry more you little bitch

Sup Forums doesn't even like the best horror movie released in the 2010s so why pretend to care about horror, now?

literally no one is afraid of clowns

Honestly I haven't met a single person IRL who is scared of clowns. Don't know where this "phobia" came from.

kinda sad that tv and movies 'demonized' clowns

No it's not. Technically, Jurassic Park, Jurassic World, and Jaws are horror films and they made more.

>Technically
define horror

Define "define"

>imdb told me it's horror so I don't have to explain shit

horror films are shit anyway

Define "explain"

theyre creepy.

DUDE SPOOKY CLOWNS AND KIDS

>it's a single NEET decides the horror genre is dead because he didn't like a movie's popularity episode

Horror hasn't been alive since the early 90s.

John Wayne Gacy most likely.

Explain "define"

It's not scary as much as it is lovecraftian disturbing and unsettling

It was awesome and could have been terrible. Fuck you OP. Your edgey-ness has no power here.

You don't Know anyone

The Exorcist has made more money than the It remake so "technically" you're wrong.

I'm not even a big hater of the movie, I'm just fucking tired of hearing about it. I'm especially tired of wanting a horror movie thread but whenever I type in the word "horror", it's just more It bullshit. The movie is not some work of art nor does it compare to the masterpieces of the horror genre. It's just the popular flick now until another movie comes along which will happen.

My mother is. Don't know why. Told her she's watching this when it comes out to rent

These desu

>tfw pbs gave you your first crush and a life long clown fetish
Heh yeah those clowns sure are scary guys..

>contrarians on suicide watch

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I haven't seen IT yet. Honestly what is it about the movie that makes it so bad?

reported for shitposting.

not surprised, normies love le scary clown trope, and the film got a good 2 years worth of shilling beforehand, with the "clown sighting" meme and all.

it's normie-tier horror, what'd you expect.

Its popularity

It's better than most other modern horror films, and Sup Forums thinks making money = quality this week.

>jurassic world
>horror
exactly how retarded are you?

It wasn't bad. It just wasn't as great as normies make it out to be. Aside from the CGI which was completely unnecessary in most of the scenes and whatshisface's cringeworthy portrayal as Pennywise, it wasn't half bad.

It's a horror movie that's not scary. People mostly say the dialogue between the boys is funny. That's all it has going for it. The CGI is really bad. I almost can't believe the movie was released like this.

>It's a horror movie that's not scary.
that's a selling point, it's babiest first horror movie.

>People mostly say the dialogue between the boys is funny
It really wasn't though. It was your basic "i wanna fuck ur mom" and other middle school tier trash you could easily hear in 80's comedies. Wasn't even remotely funny.

Nothing. Don't listen to butthurt contrarians. It's a good movie.

Yeah if you're a retard.

It's funny how you overly defensive faggots have to keep spamming multiple posts with the same lines
>o dont listen to contrarians
>they just butthurt
It's honestly you people who get so asshurt and can't handle criticism about their precious shitty clown movie

The one and only part I didn't like was the quick cgi bite of Georgie. Just looked bad. Great flick nonetheless

>I didn't like was the quick cgi bite of Georgie
all the cgi was bad and incredibly noticeable. Everything from Pennywise's mouth to the thing with the really think weird face. All cartoony looking cgi that could have looked better with makeup and practical effects.

youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o
"the horror...."

That painting was shit anyway but one user made a decent point that a painting come to life would look out of place in the real world. I thought the mouth with the lights looked pretty rad. Practical will always be better but Hollywood is shit

Nobody likes them though. At best, people have a neutral opinion, nobody thinks they're hilarious or whatever.

>Sup Forums contrarians are THIS upset the movie is a massive success both financially and critically
>B-but it was supposed to flop
Lmao