Now that the dust has settled, can we admit Cap was objectively in the right and Stark was wrong?

Now that the dust has settled, can we admit Cap was objectively in the right and Stark was wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ACL8nKOUoxk&t=736s&list=PL3t6ToE_EmAsSbh37ZQf1fG3mHUlnn56U&index=10
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes.

Haha no.

Did we never not agree on that? Steve was wrong, but for the right reasons, Tony was just wrong as a whole.

Well there you go, OP

Yes, absolutely. God bless America.

cap dropped part of a plane on a 16 year old he just met. Cap is an attempted manslaughterer.
Cap is wrong. If Cap had done nothing, bucky would have been arrested and questioned, Zemo would have sat in that bunker by himself waiting for the avengers to arrive, which they never would.

Boner, no.

To expand, ultimately Cap stance boils down to "I should have a private army that completely ignores national sovereignty and answers only to me, because I am cap and I know best."

There is no sane version of the world, not even the fucked up MCU, where that makes a lick of sense.

Tony is a shitheel throughout the movie, but his train of thought starts at the right place, which is that heroes, like fucking everyone else, need to be held accountable.

The trouble is that governments, even world governments, are ruled by people with political agendas. As cap says, "What if there's a place we need to go and they won't let us?" Or worse, what if they use the avengers to force a political change that tramples on the freedom of people.

Cap outright says he agrees with the concept of accountability, he's just not going along with the Accords because they're a bullshit power play by Ross (and they were). Plus he effectively resigns when it's passed.

>Liberal vs Conservative: The Movie

What?

there was no right or wrong, the whole topic about the accords became irrelevant when the Avengers fought among each other and destroyed half an airport. The topic was never really relevant to begin with, it was more about muh Bucky who admittedly belongs in prison till proven innocent and muh parents, which was part of a plan that relied on questionable footage, I mean who the hell filmed that secret operation?

Tony actually never really cared that much about the accords either but was there as a mediator because the Avengers were gonna get forced to sign anyway and Tony tried to make sure, they all don't land in prison, also Cap dismissed the accords eventhough Tony assured him that the content could stil be changed but Cap got butthurt because of Wandas house arrest in a fucking villa eventhough she already killed a lot of people by unleashing the Hulk but lets ignore that.

The movie never did the topic justice, other than the short discussion between the avengers which didn't matter anyway as everyone dropped the Accords at the end. Also eventhough the avenges splitted, they gained new powerful members like spiderman, antman and black panther who is the king of the most hightech place in the world, also Cap did give up his shield but that doesn't mean shit either given that Cap is now in the only country with vibranium, he can even get a whole armor this time.

Fuck this movie and its make believe plot.

Individuals are just as capable of having agendas as governments are. In fact the distrust of governments is on even shakier ground considering that throughout all the Marvel movies, only once have the heroes actually fought something that could vaguely be identified as the government. All the rest were individuals with their own agendas and private armies. If anything, cap should be all for increased government control against individual rights.

If there's a place they need to go and they don't let them, then they don't go there. Which sucks, but they don't get to break the global political framework and violate the laws and decisions of the target country willy nilly. That's the difference between people trying to help and a hostile force knocking on your door.

If he agreed with accountability then should have taken an active part in the drafting of the accords and counteracted Ross' power play. Instead he brooded around doing nothing until the accords were at the point of signing.

But he doesn't, really. He literally says "We know best" at one point. Which is a terrible things to say in this context. Captain America in this movie extends trust only to his immediate colleagues and people he fights with, and no one else. And while it's easy to see how Winter Soldier could have made him that way, it's still a pretty shitty attitude all around.

>should have taken an active part in the drafting of the accords
They weren't up for negotiation and written without the Avenger's input beforehand. They slapped the completed document on their desk and said you either agree or retire and that they're going ahead and passing it in a couple days with or without his blessing. If they actually HAD approached the Avengers and worked with them prior, it probably wouldn't have turned into such a shitshow. But them giving the Avengers 0 time or chance to help with the Accords is a HUGE red flag and exactly why Ross couldn't be trusted.

The Accords puts the power in the hands of the people that the world needs saving FROM half the time in the MCU. Half the team ending up in the raft prison after one incident where they tried to go off to stop a villain without Ross's blessing shows that there's 0 wiggle room for them. Tony himself acknowledged that and went off on his own- exactly what his teammates were imprisoned for.

The Winter Soldier movie shows perfectly what happens to an enhanced individual when their choices and actions are taken away from them by a respected and trusted authority- Pierce using Bucky as his personal assassin.

All the Accords does is slow their crucial response time down or prevents them from helping out a country currently on the UN's shitlist, or even being used as a potential army force in conflicts. It doesn't keep the Avengers making mistakes, it doesn't stop collateral damage, it doesn't stop other countries or private individuals from challenging them as per Vision's weirdass logic. "Our mere presence invites challenge" or whatever, because the Accords don't make you stop fucking existing. I don't even see how that's an argument.

Plus Tony doesn't even follow his own side or what it supposedly stands for, breaking the Accords right out of the gate on several occasions during the movie. How can Tony be "right" when he didn't believe in it himself.

Hydra would want evidence that Bucky completed his mission, as him not doing so would mean their brainwashing was not working meaning the other WS's would be a risk.

Putting cameras on a roadside is not that far-fetched for Hydra.

>Captain America is a liberal
>Iron Man is a conservative
Not hard to understand

Benis, yes.

>Iron man is the conservative

Yeah okay.

Tony was being pragmatic, more than anything else.

Also, he did not realise how restrictive the Accords are?

That would be retarded. How is it pragmatic to agree to something you don't even know about?
A big part of Tony's endorsement is because he was spreading his guilty conscious to everyone and ontop of that he's a fucking hypocrite as always.
To be fair it was only one movie but it was basically Hydra infiltrating EVERYTHING and the conspiracy persisted even if they hacked away at most of it.

yes

"We can change the accords later" was a bullshit justification from Tony that was proven wrong anyways when Ross back stabbed him

Supporting something without understanding the limitations and consequences and how it traps you from being able to act independently where needed is... exactly why he was wrong. Did he even read it before attacking his friends at the airport for the same actions he himself took? He seemed to have prior knowledge about this before it got dropped in the rest of their laps, he told Steve that they could "change" some of it later even though that's absolutely not how it works and an admission that the Accords were not right as is.

Tony choosing to drag underaged Peter into the fight, him going to Siberia after finding out the truth, him allowing Cap to rescue his teammates who got caught up in this shit for only trying to stop a villain shows that Tony himself does not actually believe in the limitations and restrictions of the Accords and is willing to break them when it suits his needs.

Tony was reacting under pressure, he was trying to make things right with Pepper, he was trying to atone for his mistakes with Ultron, but he absolutely was not right and even he knew it. At least Rhodey wasn't a hypocrite and actually believed in what the Accords stood for.

> Tony's guilt is distorting his judgement.

> Steve's desire to hold onto his past distorts his judgement.

>HEY EVERYONE! PLEASE SIGN UP FOR THIS SHIT OR ELSE I'M GOING TO ARREST YOU EVEN IF YOU'RE MY FRIEND!
Do you need me to spell it out some other way?

So, Obamacare?

Honestly, I would trust Cap over any government.

>arrest you
>tax you a couple hundred bucks
Exactly the same thing

>MUH SON YOU KILLED MUH SON!!!
>I'm sorry ma'am but we were trying to stop an evil robot from killing literally everyone on the planet
>HE DINDU NOTHIN
>I guess you're right. Better betray the trust of my best friend and team
>I hope one of them didn't kill my parents
The "genius" Tony Starke everyone

The movie could have been resolved by them having an actual full on debate instead of talking around each other and fighting. The worst part is that they had TONS of time and opportunity to just talk it out. It's just too much of a contrivance.

>Tony thought his parents died in a car crash
>Bucky brutally beat his father to death
>strangled his mother to death
>no autopsy was performed
Its clear that took place in the 90s. Forensics weren't as good as they were today but a coroner would most likely be able to tell whether someone died from a car crash or being strangled.

So no thorough autopsy was performed on quite possibly the wealthiest man in the world at that time?

>What if there's somewhere we need to go and they won't let us
>later in the same movie
>Stark brings Ross the evidence that Zemo was the terrorist all along and says they need to start looking for him
>Ross: fuck off I don't give a shit

yeah, he was

I know the logic chain is hard for you to wrap your pretty little rainbow marxist hair vehicle around, user, but government is a monopoly on violence. That's literally it's simplest description. And taxes will be backed up with arrest...... by people with GUNS... who will MAKE you do what they say... If you do not comply.

Sure, this is rare - But it's still how the process is designed.

But the accords werent a liberal / conservative issue anyway. It was an authoritarian / libertarian one, and lefties are currently deep on the authoritarian edge.

>There is no sane version of the world, not even the fucked up MCU, where that makes a lick of sense.

In Cap's first movie the government officials put him on display in propaganda shows instead of letting him fight nazis like he was supposed to. He didn't actually become a hero until he disobeyed orders and jumped into the fight anyway.

In Cap's second movie, the Secretary of Defense turned out to be secretly leading the world's most advanced conspiracy to kill off millions of people. The only reason he was stopped was because (1) Fury decided to go off on his own, hire a bunch of pirates to attack his own ship and steal the data that would expose him and (2) Cap was willing to go behind his back, keep the data hidden, and go completely underground and off the grid to fight him.

In both of Cap's first 2 movies the officials would have fucked everyone over and it was up to lone individuals to break all the rules and save the day.

Also, in Iron Man you have the lone, almost Randian hero willing to doing the job the government won't, and in his second movie the government is trying to shut him down.

In Ant-Man Hank Pym didn't trust SHIELD with his technology, and if he had, we know it would have fallen into the hands of Hydra back in the 80s.

Also, Jesus, the Incredible Hulk. Just,the entire movie.

>equating taxes to being hunted down and arrested
lol libertarians are always fun to talk to

Tony is kind of always wrong.

What happens if you don't pay your taxes? At the end f the day everything the government tells you to do has the threat of violence behind it.

Accountability is for sure needed and Cap himself would agree with that. His whole point was just that you can't blindly trust in government because their intentions are even less pure. He was proven right in this by Ross.

Tony was wrong because his move for accountability was designed as an escape from his feelings of guilt. He ignored Cap's warnings about the Accords because he was emotionally comprised and didn't want to see the problems. Ross then proceeds to dick Tony around once the Accords are signed, which again proved Cap right.

HYDRA had the records changed. Stark was still involved with SHIELD at the time I believe, and HYDRA had (mostly) infiltrated the agency by then.

Don't recall him being assaulted or mistreated in any way.

I still haven't seen this. Is there a good rip anywhere I can find?

nice job moving the goalposts. But yeah,if he kept resisting, eventually, what do you think would have happened?

>Steve was wrong
No, he was right for the right reasons. Tony was wrong for the wrong reasons.

>Be Cap in your first movie
>Try to do good
>Government tries to stop you
>Defy government and save the world from nazis
>Be Cap in the Avengera
>Working for the government again
>Woops, looks like they're using nazi technology to try and fight aliens
>Selflessly rush into danger to save the world from aliens
>Government tries to nuke the city
>Be cap in your second movie
>Still working for the government
>Find out they're trying to put DNA scanning death machines in the sky and that one of your teammates helped them
>Government tries to arrest you
>Oops, turns out the government is actually nazis
>Topple the nazis and save the planet for the third time
>Be Cap in Avengers 2
>Teammate that built DNA scanning death machines for the nazis ends up making a super powerful robot that wants to destroy all human life
>Looks like its up to you to save the world for the fourth time
>Be Cap in your third movie
>Government wants to blame you for a few hundred people dying and want you and your team to be UN puppets
>Teammate who helped the nazis make DNA scanning death machines and built a robot that wanted to destroy humanity agrees with them because some black lady said her son died
>Government tries to kill your friend without proof that he did anything
>Try to help him
>Government tries to arrest you
>Find out the bad guy behind everything
>Nope, turns out the head of the government is corrupt and still wants you arrested
>Teammate who helped the nazis make DNA scanning death machines and built a robot that wanted to destroy humanity helps get your friends arrested and then tries to kill your war buddy because the nazis that he helped killed his parents

Cap has consistently shown he is the only person in the entire MCU with sound mind and the better interest of the world in mind. Every single movie is the government fucking people over and Cap stepping in and fixing shit. If anyone should be leading the Avengers, it should be him.

Tony is the reason for most of the shit that happened in the MCU. And then when it's time to be a hero he tries to kill Bucky and Cap while Zemo almost gets away.

And the worst thing is he keeps getting away with it.

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

No. Cap was about to sign the Accords, which could be and going to be amended anyway, until he learned that Tony was keeping Wanda at the compound. That's when shit hit the fan. If Cap would have signed the papers THEN went off on his own and THEN told Tony "hey, so there's like five other winter soldier dudes," Tony would have been more inclined to believe him. Not to mention Cap took his damn time telling Stark that Bucky killed his parents.

>And then when it's time to be a hero he tries to kill Bucky and Cap while Zemo almost gets away.
That one's on Cap, though; he should have said something. I can't blame Tony for that one. That footage was brutal.

Cap is quite obviously a libertarian, iron man is red party (The opposite of green party)

This. Also Wanda deserved far worse than confinement in luxury

Cap's political views are all over the place throughout the MCU.

Tony's the libertarian.

So Tony was in the right for ignoring the obvious trap, letting the villain escape, and going at a guy he knows was brainwashed for the last 50 years?

>6 months after that
>he's still at it
Wanda did nothing wrong.

Did you see the third act? Because by the end of the movie that's clearly the case.

If Cap had done nothing, Bucky would've been ambushed and killed. Were you just not paying attention?

There is no reason to sign the accords though. The only amendment that could be made that make them worth signing would be "btw Cap does his own thing because he's proved he's the only competent and level headed person in the MCU" and that just defeats the purpose of them all together.
>Tony would have been more inclined to believe him
Then that's on Tony, not Cap. Cap shouldn't have to sign away his freedom to be trusted when he tells a teammate that there's 5 Winter Soldiers waiting to be woken up by a terrorist.
>Not to mention Cap took his damn time telling Stark that Bucky killed his parents.
>That one's on Cap, though; he should have said something. I can't blame Tony for that one. That footage was brutal.
How do you expect that conversation to go down? "Uh hey, my best friend killed your parents. I guess you could have figured that out when you hacked into SHIELD's files, or when Widow released all of HYDRA's secrets onto the internet, or maybe Widow could of told you too, or maybe you could have put 2 and 2 together for yourself, but yeah, I guess I'm the one who has to tell you this so that it doesn't ruin our friendship at the most convenient point in time and you fuck everyone over."

First off, Cap is a soldier. He's not afraid of killing the bad guys. Second off, he probably figured that someone not only able to go toe-to-toe with him, but also Bucky, would be strong enough to catch the bridge that fell 20 feet. It wasn't attempted manslaughter.

Cap is Trump.

>There is no reason to sign the accords though.
They went over this in the movie, or at least Natasha did. They sign them to shut the public up, which they needed at the time.

>Cap shouldn't have to sign away his freedom
Again, Tony, or at least the movie suggests that Stark is planning to sign while "crossing his fingers" so to speak. Cap didn't believe in laying low for a bit then going to find Bucky.

>How do you expect that conversation to go down?
Who cares how it goes down? Cap should have told him, period. How long was it from TWS to CW? You'd think that in that period, Cap would have told him (given how the trailers were pushing that they were such close friends, even though they clearly were never that amicable to each other, but that's a whole other topic).

Tony was only libertarian in the first 2 movies, Cap is libertarian af all the way through.

Captain America was a food man. I just saw this movie recently and Avengers 2. It was cool how he could nearly lift Mjlonir.

>(given how the trailers were pushing that they were such close friends

Eh? Both Avengers movies end with them gaining a newfound respect for one another but it never really goes past "coworkers who get along pretty well" and it's never really implied to.

>If Cap would have signed the papers THEN went off on his own and THEN told Tony "hey, so there's like five other winter soldier dudes," Tony would have been more inclined to believe him.

[citation needed]

You'd think that Tony would have figured it out by then. In the Avengers, he hacked into SHIELD and learned "all its dirty secrets". HYDRA not apart of that? Ok, then what about when Natasha flooded Hydra's secrets onto the internet? Think nobody would have found "Captain America's best friend brainwashed into killing Iron Man's parents" on there? No nerd would have blown the lid on that? And what about Natasha? She saw the same god damn thing Steve did, but we have to hold Steve accountable for that, right? Natasha is just totally incapable of telling anyone anything so she certainly couldn't tell Tony that Bucky killed his parents.
Furthermore, I ask you why it is even necessary that Steve shares this information? Let's just pretend that there is no way Tony could have found out without Steve telling him. Why was it necessary for him to know anyway? So it could put more strain on their relationship and give Tony more of a reason to hunt Bucky down right from the start? You're acting like Tony knowing this beforehand would have made everything hunky dory when I bet it would have made things worse.

>They sign them to shut the public up
Yes, and then fuck themselves over because they went and signed a contract with the world government to "shut the public up". What they should have done is gone on TV and told everyone that if it weren't for the Avengers, millions to EVERY person, depending on which movie you're watching, would be dead, so they should be happy that less than 200 people got hurt. That's a FANTASTIC track record all things considered.

>Stark is planning to sign while "crossing his fingers"
That's not the kind of person Steve is. He's of a stronger moral fiber than Tony. He understands that when you sign a contract with the world government, you're kind of bound to it, so it's probably not a good idea to sign it and then flip everyone off later when you decide you don't want to be a UN errand boy anymore.

I bet he could lift Mjlonir but he pretended he couldn't to save Thor's ego.

Tony's an-cap through and through with a bit of neo-con.

>Cap was about to sign the Accords, which could be and going to be amended anyway

How do you know that? We're never even given any indication that any of the Avengers had a chance to read the document in its entirety. Ross shows up, dumps this thousand-page tome on their desk and says it's being ratified in a couple days and if they don't sign they're being forced into retirement. At what point is the possibility of amending it presented as anything more than wishful thinking on Tony's part? If anyone was interested in input from the Avengers, don't you think they would have asked for it during the drafting process? People don't generally plop ultimatums on you out of the blue when they're willing to make compromises.

here: www.killyourself.org
git gud faggot

>Tony's an-cap

not in Civil War he ain't

The accountability shouldn't be to a government that couldn't tell it was infiltrated by literal thousands of Nazi's and it shouldn't go to the guy who insists on antagonizing giant monsters with no real plan.

I never got Stark being pro reg though. Dude was harassed by those same nazi's and got into a shit flinging contest with Ross after what should have been a career ending fuckup.

Same thing that happened with the Omnibus Bill. Thousands of pages dumped in front of Congress with less than 24 hours left until it had to be voted on. Of course nobody read it, but they were told that they all got what they wanted and that was good enough for them.

>To be fair it was only one movie but it was basically Hydra infiltrating EVERYTHING and the conspiracy persisted even if they hacked away at most of it.

A world where you can literally trust no one is a world where civilization doesn't work at all.

The first trailer has that "he's my friend/so was I" line when they were never above coworkers. Not even adding the "get along pretty well" because you can count the amount of times they weren't arguing on one hand.

>How do you know that?
>At what point is the possibility of amending it presented as anything more than wishful thinking on Tony's part?
I mean, because Tony said they could be? I'm not saying that Tony himself has that power, but apparently he had a plan to go behind Ross's back, like he did at the end. But if I can go meta for a minute, why add that line in there if they wasn't any possibility to amend them? The answer is that the writers needed points on each side so fans could discuss who was right or wrong.

>Plus Tony doesn't even follow his own side or what it supposedly stands for, breaking the Accords right out of the gate on several occasions during the movie. How can Tony be "right" when he didn't believe in it himself.

Tony is willing to follow the spirit of the law and acknowledge that they should be accountable to someone. He's the rogue cop who breaks the rules to get things done and gets yelled at by the police captain, but at the end of the day he answers to civic authority. Cap on the other hand is saying, "Fuck rules, I do what I want!" He's the Punisher.

>why add that line in there if they wasn't any possibility to amend them?
To show that Tony was blinding himself so that he could make the decision easier and take some responsibility away from himself. That was one of the main points of the movie. Tony has proven time and again that he is incapable of making the right decisions, and now he's at the point where he can't handle being accountable for his own mistakes so he wants someone else to take the wheel.

I'll just have to disagree, user. I really didn't get any of him trying to shirk responsibility. Hell, he's the one that goes to Falcon to find out where Cap and Bucky are.

>Tony has proven time and again that he is incapable of making the right decisions
I'm going be Tony from AoU for a minute and say he did fly that nuke into the wormhole.

>why add that line in there if they wasn't any possibility to amend them?

Well let's see.The only person who says the Accords can be amended is Tony.Then later, when Tony tries to work with Ross he gets BTFO.

I think the point of including that line is to show that Tony completely misread how the accords were going to work.

>The first trailer has that "he's my friend/so was I" line

Again, that's only from Tony's point of view. It does more to show us that Tony's appraisal of their relationship is warped than anything else.

>I really didn't get any of him trying to shirk responsibility. Hell, he's the one that goes to Falcon to find out where Cap and Bucky are

Yeah, and in the process he admitted he was wrong.That point was him trying to make amends for what he had done before. He was shirking responsibility earlier, and in that scene he was trying to take some of it back.

>I'm going be Tony from AoU for a minute

You mean the guy who created Ultron?

The impossibility is the narrative is always frame in his favor. Unlike like real life where serious shades of grey exist, the heroes we watch we witness every detail and how it unfolds. The bigger issues is the film didn't make it clear enough for mouth breathers that the accords biggest reason of existences was oversea activities, not internal US issues, basically the governments were shitting their pants that Avengers could cause WW3 by just getting involved with some overseas affair without sanction or clearance. Ross was wanting it to be a power move but it was clear he was aiming more for the idea that when a country gets smashed that have to go through him to get the avengers help. It's nothing like the comics where they were trying to police all capes.
>Cap got butthurt because of Wandas house arrest in a fucking villa eventhough she already killed a lot of people by unleashing the Hulk but lets ignore that.
That piss me off as well, she has done a lot of shit and is damn lucky she hasn't been tried and executed for helping Ultron pull off the shit he did in AoU.

you change legislation by campaigning for it, which tony is good at as shown in iron man 2, he just didn't get around to it yet in civil war

Yeah, man, one post above yours. Agree to disagree. We're just going back and forth at this point.

You too.

>You mean the guy who created Ultron?
That was Tony and Banner, but I meant Tony, of course.

>I never got Stark being pro reg though.
Because it's how it went in the comics
Which made even less sense

>Tony caused two days of quiptron
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WE SHOULD BE GOVERNMENT PUPPETS
Fucking pathetic.

>Captain America not being on the FREEDOM side

He knew Spidey could catch that

...Right?

youtube.com/watch?v=ACL8nKOUoxk&t=736s&list=PL3t6ToE_EmAsSbh37ZQf1fG3mHUlnn56U&index=10

Solely in the context of the movies, it makes sense. Cap was slowly turning into Tony in IM1 (distrusting of goverments) and Tony was slowly turning into Cap (willing to compromise and fight for something greater than himself)

>quiptron

Sup Forums is calling you

Cap was willing to disobey orders and break rules in his first movie though

>Cap is willing to do what is right, even when it's not legal

>Tony is willing to bend over and take it in the ass to assuage his guilt

Tony Stark is a weak man. He should just drown himself in a vat of booze instead of trying to drag all superheroes down with him.

>reading Squadron Supreme
>last issue is called Civil War
>it's a bunch of people who don't want to hurt each other fighting in an air-port
Goddammit Marvel.

Pain enjoys company

Tony and Carol in an AA meeting when?

can't fault them for basing a movie off the most based comic they have

just a shame an actual Squadron movie will never happen

Maybe they'll do it during phase 4.
>SS will make more money than the actual Justice League movies
Let me dream, dammit.

there is no possible "fuck you" bigger than Squadron outperforming JL

I'm pretty sure WB would fight that shit tooth and nail legally though.

How could they? These characters are all Marvel properties. Nighthawk is even in the main universe.

Yes, at least as far as the Accords are concerned. As far as the whole Bucky McMommurder affair goes that is a whole other can of worms.

Hydra is an old ass organization and the Hand, even though the Avengers aren't and likely will never go up against them, is old as well. They almost certainly have influence on the UN if not having members actually sitting at the negotiating table.

Because it's 100% a Justice League pastiche. It's not subtle whatsoever.

I'm not saying it's illegal by any means, but they'd still fight it.

So they'd get into an expensive law-suit they had no chance of winning?

>no chance of winning
I wouldn't go that far. Marvel and DC own a joint trademark on the word "Superhero" -- there are far dumber IP rulings out there than blocking a Squadron flick.

But yeah, they could easily threaten that, even if they weren't confident they could win. Marvel then has two options:

1) Spend a lot of time, resources, effort, and money on making a SS movie

2) Make a different movie instead

It's not like anyone in the public knows what the Squadron Supreme is anyway -- literally no one is begging for a movie. It would be so much easier for them to just make a different movie.

Besides, I'm not even sure how they'd work SS into the MCU. The whole point of the original story was that they were basically the only big hitting super heroes around.