Has witnessed wars and chaos spanning entire galaxies and dimensions

>has witnessed wars and chaos spanning entire galaxies and dimensions
>some monkeys on a backwater rock making nukes is the straw that breaks the camel's back
I understand Destruction's motivation for leaving, but why is humanity the catalyst for it?

Earth and humanity got Dream's special attention, which in turn affected the other Endless since dreams are in effect the root of the other Endless's domains, not including Death and Destiny

Is that also the reason why Yahweh is top dog, despite only a couple of billion people in all of creation believing in him?

Is Dream the most powerful Endless? Death isn't bound by any rules, but he has the ability to reset the entire universe.

I'd say Dream can affect reality the most, but everyone still has to answer to Death at the end of the day

But say everyone pulled a Hob and believed Death was a mug's game. Reality would reset to where there was no Death.

Hob only got away with it because Death agreed not to take him. There are other immortals or very long-lived people on Earth though, and I'm not sure how they did it.

that reality would still have to end at some point and there she would be, waiting for them with a smile and extended arms

>But say everyone pulled a Hob and believed Death was a mug's game.

He quit his job well before the modern era. He just left because actively Seeking Destruction never turns out well for anyone, and two of his family members were dumb enough to try again. It ultimately cost Dream his life, not to mention the myriad other normal people/mythical people he got killed on the way. Leaving is doing them a favor.

IT'S A FUCKING METAPHOR JESUS CHRIST

It's just Human's Destruction that quit.

That fucking hobo-stick is a stroke of genius I tell you.

Hob only gets to do this because his existence is of interest to Dream and Death.

Hob is the one character we ever see get asked if he is ready to go.

Some characters get forced into it, some characters force themselves out of it, yet no-one other than Hob is ever asked so profound a question by Death.

That's a lie; he left cos he thought that Delirium was going to remember that he raped Delight, her former self.

Also he destroyed his own job, I guess?

I dunno the endless are meh.

it's called a bindle

Not really. He was made redundant; We were good enough at his job on our own that he didn't feel the need to step in anymore. He left because he tried to tell the other Endless as much and that they didn't need to be pompous assholes anymore and no one wanted to hear it, namely Dream.

[citation needed]

It's really hard to think of them as cosmic abstracts that rule whole domains over the entire multiverse. When they appear as annoying egotistical emos that hang around on 20th century Earth all the time. Everything important to them is very Earth related.

They should have been introduced as the Earth specific aspects.

He's seen a lot of worlds and a lot of species destroy themselves, when humanity invented nuclear weapons he realised it would just happen again for the thousandth time

>>some monkeys on a backwater rock making nukes is the straw that breaks the camel's back
Huh? Where did you get that from? He quit before the industrial era (1700s, going by the clothes), and he left earth altogether because of Dream trying to find him again in the 1990s.

As to the other point, it could be just his earth aspect that quit while his other intergalactic aspects remain, possibly. And he probably did such because earth in particular is a place of arteface/creation unlike anywhere else we're shown. Having seen the planet's propensity to create, but our willingness to indulge in our destructive tendencies willingly (like said), he had enough. He become more attracted to his opposite aspect and decided that his attention was better focused there, but people wouldn't just leave him alone.

The fact it's Dream and Delirium who look for him is significant because they're probably the two Endless further in nature from destruction.

Yahweh is the Jewish God and the Christian God and the Islamic God. I think it's fair to say that all "omnipotent creator" gods are aspects of him.

>I dunno the endless are meh.

Well, with concepts as general as the Endless, you are bound to run into inconsistencies somewhere down the line

That's probably not an intended implication, but now I can't get that horrible possibility out of my head.