Is there a cartoon where the father is smart while the mother is the moron?

Is there a cartoon where the father is smart while the mother is the moron?

Other urls found in this thread:

dannyphantom.wikia.com/wiki/Maddie_Fenton
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I miss Gumball's old designs

Bob's Burgers? Linda isn't a moron per say, but she's not as smart as Bob.

Bob's Burgers
King of the Hill
American Dad's character's are somewhat inconsistent for the sake of comedy and who plays the idiot and he stays the straightman switch between Stan and Francine regularly.

Nope, the mother needs to be like the typical daddy moron, like Richard, Homer, Peter, etc.

Freakazoid

Gargoyles

Danny Phantom

I'm pretty sure Jack is the dumb dad and Maddie is the smart mom.

dannyphantom.wikia.com/wiki/Maddie_Fenton

> Madeline "Maddie" Fenton is the wife of Jack Fenton and the mother of Jazz and Danny Fenton. She is a scientist and ghost hunter just like her husband, Jack, however she is better at ghost hunting and more intelligent than him. She is considered to be one of the few humans who can actually give some trouble to Danny if she decides to hunt him.

Peggy is pretty fucking retarded

Yes, it is called real life.

Now that's just a dumb request. Male and female idiocy acts out in different ways.
Hell Marge herself is pretty dense.

Better off with single dad

Which cartoon?

Wasn't that usually subverted when it counted? I seem to remember Jack being right, but not finding out he was right because Danny pulling shit.

I'm gonna slap you with a fish if you say that Marge compares with Homer in the stupidity department.

Female idiocy is like light, softened idiocy at least in most cartoons. This is why of the question.

Peggy Hill? Of King of the Hill?

Not sure if it should count, since she only really became a moron later.

Remind me again which one is a nuclear engineer?

Steven Universe

also the mother is a 14 year old boy

underrated post

King of the Hill

Batman Beyond

He didn't have a degree when he took the job.

Rick and Morty might not fit, but while Jerry is stupid (for realistic reasons of pride and cowardice rather than just "lol sitcom dad") he's open-eyed about how bad his marriage is while Beth is hung up on divorce fantasies she'll never act on.

King of the Hill.

Let me shoehorn my way into Bottom's Butte as the mc's love interest and I'll make it happen.

Jerry is also the only one aware of how awful Rick can be while Beth is in denial and would risk the safety of her whole family for daddy's love.

Hey Arnold?

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

To be fair he got the job for being there and is terrible at it.

Bob's Burgers.

Simpsons (classic). Homer is an idiot but Marge used to be depicted as a vapid airhead.

I mean i guess?

American Dad. Well, Stan wavers in his position to idiot as the role requires, but Francine is usually portrayed as the bimbo.

She's more "unhinged" than dumb.

One of the reasons to stop watching Simpsons after the 90s: Marge eventually becomes more and more perfect.

This. Old art was amazing. A real toon style.

She enjoys being a trophy wife.

These days, they're kind of on the same level.

I see Stan as more of a self-serving egotist than an idiot. Although he really has no end-game in a lot of his plans.

Is there something you want to talk about?

"NUKE-yular, Lisa. It's pronounced NUKE-yular."

What would that look like? The only dumb female characteristic I can think of is the dumb blonde, but that's never funny in a TV show, only annoying. Women being the dumb, lazy, slow thinker is not natural, that's primarily a male thing.

You're thinking with your dick. That's the problem with most men and why female characters always get away with everything and IRL why a female pedo can get away with her crime (doubly so if she's pretty).

It's all about men and their stupid dicks. If a female is pretty? To see her suffer or be stupid and struggle? It makes their penises sad. Men by nature are wired to be supreme ultra hyper pussy begging obsessed sons of bitches. Men by instinct feel that if they got no female to serve their life has no value. Men don't know how to be happy on their own for the most part.

To a degree you can't blame women for being men's parasites, men are happy to literally castrate themselves in public and then eat their severed bloody genitals if it will temporarily make a woman smile.

This is why " dumb female" characters don't work, men's pussy begging nature will deem it unfunny. But the reverse? To see another male set on fire for a joke by a woman? In a male viewer's mind that means...

"Hopefully she'll kill him so that I have a chance with her dur hurr!"

Pathetic simps. They really need to start castrating simps before letting them work in the media industry and before letting them view media of any kind. Simps also should have no rights, same to their objects of worship, women.

You took the bait like a champ.

>Women being the dumb, lazy, slow thinker is not natural

King of the Hill is the only one that comes to mind. Peggy is flat out retarded and has her head so far up her own ass to see herself as anything other than the smartest woman ever to exist.

King of the Hill

If there was, the SJWs would have a fit. Then the show would go down in history as the most racist sexist homophobic cartoon ever made, simply for making the mother the moron instead of the father.
It's just safer to make men out to be idiots.

Makes you think, what's going to happen to media when the USA collapses? You know after Women's Liberation bankrupts the country. Will media still insist on portraying women as everything they've NEVER been? You know smart, competent, the best friends of men, etc.

Because I can tell you one thing I don't even beta males would believe women are like Snow White from Disney after Women's Liberation wrecks Western Civilization.

Steven Jewniverse
It literally plays out like an Anarchist Feminist meme.
>When you rebel against the matriarchy to secure a future for the human race in a destructive 1000 year war and thousands dying for you. Only to die 600 years later to a human who forgot condoms

She was always a moron. It's just before it was established that she as a A.S. degree in teaching you just kind of thought she was some egotistical bitch who thought she was always right but was BTFO.

She was the last one on the block to realize her friend was fucking john redcorn. Took her 12 years to put it together that two white people can't make a tan skinned child. And even then hank had to tell her "Think bitch, use that brain."

see

>one is smart
> the other is dumb
>ever
There is only stupid people who chooses wrong in life.
We all made mistakes but framing the other for our own faults it's just wrong.
Example:This dumb furry woman is supporting that slobby pink fecal matter that is her husband instead of just looking for someone else. This could only end in extreme violence and child abuse.

I mean... did you see how both confused and fruity gumball is? Don't you see anything strange in it?

And what's with the mutant fish? is the manchild fat bunny a cuck?

Harold was accepted to Harvard

Many people hate Richard and worship Nicole, but they always ignore that women are the CHOOSERS of who they spread their legs for. Nicole knew Richard was a worthless obese pile of nothing since he was a boy. The fact she went with him and ultimately admitted in-canon that she loves her stressful life with the obese manchild who is good for nothing means that Nicole is not to be pitied. Whatever "misery" Richard unleashes on Nicole, remember she LOVES this.

American Dad
Bob's Burgers
King of the Hill
Fairly Odd parents (technically)
The Wild Thornberrys
Kyle's Parents from south park

>implying implications

>Marge eventually becomes more and more perfect.
Just like Nicole. In the first season she was kinda dumb and used to lose frequently but now is a perfect super woman good at everything.

Remember when Nicole was mediocre academically? Now she's a perfect Straight A student thanks to that recent awful episode The Choices. And yeah the whole Super Woman who is unstoppable crap has made her just as obnoxious as Kimpossible.

>Tfw this could apply to any relationship in real life
>Tfw no one would ever admit this becouse reckless human bigotry
:(

i am retarded.

>Remember when Nicole was mediocre academically
Before the retcon, she was a Gumball-like kid: mediocre at everything.

Miss Simian may have been a bitch, but she was right when she called Nicole a loser for marrying Richard.

>instead of just looking for someone else
Like this?

Yes

>And what's with the mutant fish
Darwin was bought as a regular goldfish, developed lungs and limbs through the power of his and Gumball's love for each other,

What show are you watching? Nicole has always been an overachiever with a short temper and questionable decision making. Nothing has changed. She is far from perfect.

>Nicole has always been an overachiever
S1 Nicole was a normal woman with nothing special almost all the time. The Fight was only exception

American Dad kind of. Francine is stupid as hell but has a lot of talent and insight while Stan is a realist but also ignorant.

What show are you watching? There is nothing in common between S1 Wattersons and current Wattersons

Stan is starting to become pants-on-head retarded sadly. like Peter Griffin levels of retarded.

neither of the loud parents are dumb
the dad is silly but he's serious when he needs to be

>The Fight was only exception.

AND The DVD (her first appearance) where she was leaping over fences and commandeered a ferocious dog to be her mount while chasing her kids? The Club where she tore down a locked door with her bare hands out of rage? There was nothing normal about that woman in her entire existence beyond loving her family. She only seems different because there was less character to her in Season 1. She had like one episode where she was a driving force in the whole plot (The Gi) and otherwise was just being a naggy mom, or getting angry at whatever ruined her day.

Gumball and Darwin are still morons doing stupid things that wreck lives. Richard is still a lazy idiot trophy husband. Nicole is still the overworked matriarch with a violent streak, Anais is still a know it all brat. All that changed is expansions to their characters and a touch of cynicism to everyone except Richard who oddly got more optimistic.

>she was leaping over fences and commandeered a ferocious dog
That is not being super human. It is just being athletic. Also, she lose >She only seems different because there was less character to her in Season 1
>less character
Is this bait?

Nah. Women being the more sensible and responsible partner has been a part of pop culture since the 50s. And it makes sense since women should be more comfortable and familiar with household duties.
The men may be depicted as bumbling and idiotic but atleast they mean well. If you want media where the female is less competent than the male, look for shows and films meant for middle-age-single-female demographic, like Richard Curtis films or Tina Fey or Lena Dunham. Making the girl incompetent is not insulting, it's endearing and makes her more approachable

Oh, and animu and mango has plenty of instances of dojikkos

>Women being the more sensible and responsible partner has been a part of pop culture since the 50s
Ehh, no.

Yeah. Just like beating a T-Rex and destroying doors bare handed is just being athletic. Nicole was always meant to be a physically strong character. It goes hand in hand with her short temper.

>also she lose.
Nicole loses plenty of times post-season 1. She endures plenty of humiliation and ends up victim of her families stupid plots all the time. The Wattersons as a whole are considered a menace to society and Nicole is no "Edd" to them.

>She was always a moron.

Watch the first season again. It was the same old "every female character is (secretly) brilliant trope." Even Luanne. Remember when she was a mechanical genius and not an airhead who can't cut hair properly?

Also, are you arguing that Nicole had more character in season 1? What exactly did she have that later Nicole's lacked?

>retcon
The story was retconned? Wtf?
Never seen gumball

Hey, you go to tvtropes too?!

Some plot elements from Season 1 were replaced. Such as Carrie once being alive before being a ghost or Tobias having a sister or.....I think that's it. IDK what the fuck that user is going on about S1 Nicole vs. later Nicole. Besides I guess Richard screaming for several decades after his mom told him something wasn't real.

At this point everything in Season 1 has been retconned.

They should do a "Crisis" episode about the first season Gumball and current Gumball seasons.

this

They retconned things from S2-S4 too.

What is this one trait that S2 and beyond Nicole has? And what are the traits that S1 Nicole had besides that one trait?

I hope you're not going to say something stupid like being right all the time.

Stop. This is not a Gumball thread

Everything about Nicole's past was retconned. Pic very related.

I thought it was all these shows. I mean, who's the dumb one, the person who's an idiot all the time, or the person who knew that and CHOSE to marry them. Not only that, but the 'dumb' dads were smart enough to get the 'less dumb' moms.

Do they show the parents faces now?

Leaked Christmas special. I think they'll only show it on that.

How was that reconned?

If anything, it only further served her drive for over-achievement, along with the frustration from her parents.

Wrong. Dumb mom and clever dad was a staple in American comedy right up until the 90s, when Homer broke the mold and then became the mold. Look at "Father knows Best" or even "I love Lucy" type comedies.

it wasn't leaked, it aired on tv multiple times

I'd agree. I forget their names but the grandpa's advice was occasionally suspect at worst. He usually had his moral compass in the right direction and usually knew what he was doing. Arnold's grandma also seemed to be a good person but she tended to be extraordinarily over the top in her solutions to problems, not all of which worked out (and the ones that did usually being attributed to dumb luck)

At the very least, Arnold's grandma was way more unhinged than his grandpa.

Peggy Hill