Has Chris Claremont ever addressed his fetishes in interviews...

Has Chris Claremont ever addressed his fetishes in interviews? It just seems like since he's constantly blatantly throwing this stuff in his comics someone would have brought it up in an interview once.

On the flip side of this, George Perez is huge into the BDSM scene, and you never see it in his work.

Dude what the fuck

You're way wrong

O-oh my...

If his guards raped her then why does she still have clothes on?

Here's one from an actual comic to solidify my point.

He wrote at that sweet point in history when people didn't really notice that shit and if they did, there was no real place to complain.
It was called the "when sales mattered more than agendas" era.

>George Perez is huge into the BDSM scene, and you never see it in his work.

The fuck? That's easy as shit to work into a comic book. It's like someone with a foot fetish writing comics about shoe salesmen and never including a shot of a bare foot. Apply yourself, Perez.

Go read this.

Claremont is lucky because his fetishes are not at all out of place in cape comics, so people can't really accuse him of anything. I mean, I guess they can, but it's themselves that end up looking crazy.

Incredible. It's like you're blind or something.

Nigger I don't know if he includes his shit or not, I'm just expressing disbelief that someone would choose not to include their shit if it's so easily facilitated by his choice of medium.

Wolfman and Byrne also did their fetishes in kid comics

>George Perez is huge into the BDSM scene, and you never see it in his work.

Wait, seriously? This is the cover of the first issue of his Wonder Woman run

I don't think body transormation horror is his fetish, I think they're story hooks and quirks that he's obsessed with using.

It's like Stan Lee and nuclear experiments going wrong. You know he had a hand in the story when a hero's origin is getting super powers from radiation, but you don't think he's actually getting off on it.

Wonder Woman started out as a BDSM character, though.

I didn't before, at least.

No, it's blatantly clear from the dialogue and thought bubbles that Claremont got off sexually on body transformation and mind control.

Suddenly, the straps on Cyborg make a lot more sense.

Is there more of this bit? Asking for a friend.

What are Wolfman's?

All artists are perverts. All of them.

I wish Lorna had stayed like that.

stan lee had some freaky shit too like xavier having the hots for jean or reed meeting sue when she was 10 and him in his thirties

If you want a real good example of this, look up Excalibur #56

>reed meeting sue when she was 10 and him in his thirties
Jesus Christ, Doom was right about that fucker.

and I thought it was bad just when he overtly shoved in his taste in anime

Belasco's not into flat girls.

Her final form.

He turned Kitty Pryde into a literal catgirl.

Western comics need more monster girls to pander to my weeb sensibilities.

Not quite fetishy but Terry Long was his self-insert. As fetishy as Claremont could be, at least he never put himself into the comic so he could marry the character he had the hots for.

hnnngg..

What a cute little hellspawn. If I rub the base of her tail, will she sqeual?

wtf, chris..

This is going to end in sex, isn't it?

That's false equivalence. Radiation was a convenient way to give people super powers. Body transformation, primarily with women characters and usually reusing the same tentacle arms motif and whatnot, with frequency, clearly shows a pattern that goes beyond a writing crutch.

Both Byrne and Claremont had a habit of inserting themselves into stories in the background. Byrne did it more blatantly in FF run, where he's talking to Reed Richards about him drawing officially licensed FF comics based on the FF's adventures.

>reed meeting sue when she was 10 and him in his thirties

Wasn't that an unintentional consequence of ignoring the chronology? Sue was "the girl next door" that Reed knew and loved before he went to war, but she was also much much younger than him.

Yeah but it's totally okay because it's with her astral form which has been made older through magic.. even though her real body is still young. This is reaching anime levels of justification isn't it?

I have the omni with this on it and It is the only story from that era I can't seen to finish.

>Both Byrne and Claremont had a habit of inserting themselves into stories in the background. Byrne did it more blatantly in FF run, where he's talking to Reed Richards about him drawing officially licensed FF comics based on the FF's adventures.

Stan and Jack did it first, though.

The loli is actually 400 years old so it's okay.

Well, at least there were dinosaurs right ager this.

Putting yourself and other Marvel staffers as background in characters in a story is one thing, especially when it's a pretty long Marvel tradition. Writing yourself in as a major supporting character in DC's most popular book so you can nail your waifu while being a shitty character on top of it, then lamenting years after the fact that fans were dumb for not "getting" great characters like Terry Long and Danny Chase is about twenty steps further.

Since when is sexuality bad? I guess comic editors were more open people.

I don't think anyone here claimed it was bad?

Terry Long is one of the creepiest fucking things to ever come out of comic books.

if only more western comic authors were as perverted as claremont maybe they could compete with manga.

I don't know if you're joking or not, but I actually think that you're right. Claremont's run was definitely a high-water mark for the franchise in terms of popularity and the fetish-bait which was so liberal throughout it was definitely speaking to my teenaged mind at the time that it was coming out. Nobody dares to take these kinds of chances today because society is so much more sexually repressed than it was in the 1980s and 1990s.

In fact, the only X-Men author I can think of who even approached this type of material was Chuck Austen, and that was about fifteen years ago now.

i wasn't really joking, i like his stuff. i don't share most of his fetishes but the sheer WTF nature of it makes it interesting and entertaining.

Totally metal.

Yeah...

I'm pretty sure the innuendo helped sell the whole Mutant's as oppressed minority stand-in thing, lord knows you can pick almost any X-character and there's a notable form of nontraditional sexuality involved with their characterization.
Superpowers sure as hell aren't the reason they're being hated and feared.

Is that Selene? Who's inprisioning her? I can't think of a villainess who deserves some serious torture more.

Not to mention one who's pretty much unrapable when sex is how she takes other people's lifeforce.

Selene being tortured by Kulan Gath, her former (also immortal) lover.

It turns out at the end that this is actually Magma, Selene switched forms with her so she wouldn't be captured

Fucking Selene, what a piece of work.

Post the rest

I need it for research

A shame she's so good at keikaku, it was quite fun to see her as a mouth-less tentacle slave