Occasionally, just occasionally these days, the internet still makes me a little sick to my stomach...

Occasionally, just occasionally these days, the internet still makes me a little sick to my stomach. The fact that this accident, which claimed 3 lives and gave my father PTSD for my entire time of knowing him (I was born in 1985), is repeatedly retold with apocryphal elements and only cursory mention that there was a huge, well prosecuted trial that ended in an ACQUITTAL based on YOU KNOW IT BEING AN ACTUAL FLUKE ACCIDENT and that being unequivocably proven in court is horrifying to me.

What's even darker is that people tag me here, and are sure to let me know how much they hate me and that my father, a sweet, occasionally too loud man who was traumatized permanently by watching the death of one of his best friends on a movie he'd wanted to direct his entire life, is a piece of shit, disgusts me on a level that makes me queasy.

What's even more epic, hilariously awful is the people in here using this as a platform to talk endlessly about how shitty I am because I said I didn't like a movie they liked.

Three fucking people died. Little kids died. My mother, pregnant with me at the time, sat in court and watched my father for months be abandoned by EVERY professional friend in the industry because no one wanted to be associated with this tragedy. Vic Morrow, a great actor, was lost forever. Two young lives were ripped away. Safety rules were changed.

I see this brought up as a weapon to attack my father. To attack the film industry. To attack me. Occasionally as a weapon to attack (((jews))), which is the oddest of all.

And every time it reminds me that being behind a keyboard, having vague cursory knowledge of an event 34 years ago, and a truly horrible .gif or .jpeg is all it takes to to turn some nice stranger into a completely vicious other.

There's a reason it's called the Twilight Zone Accident, not the Twilight Zone Incident.

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2012/07/the_twilight_zone_tragedy_how_vic_morrow_s_death_changed_the_way_films_are_made.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pasta?

lol nice hair faggot

Yeah sure but is BRIGHT gonna be any good

The helicopter crash happened 35 years ago. I expect this to be amended when this gets reposted.

>DUDE MARY SUE LOL AMIRITE GUYS?
This guy ruined any possible discussion about literally every female character
He's based

I feel worse for John Landis, seeing his son turn out to be this

It will user

Good because that was a retarded oversight and ruins the pasta.

Its a rip-off of Men In Black, complete with Will Smith in a leading role. Will be worse than R.I.P.D.

What is John's biggest crime, the senseless death of 3 actors or fathering Max?

he's literally right though

I fucking hope it's good. Only movie I'm really looking forward to.

>Courts of law supercede personal judgement I'm allowed to make
>OJ Simpson is an okay guy
>Being a mistake makes it okay, what is negligence?
>Hiding children actors from the authorities so they could stay on set is ethical
>It wasn't blatantly obvious the stunt was dangerous and it wasn't Landis' responsibility to call the shoot off
>Millionaires don't often get acquitted of crimes they should be convicted of merely by virtue of hiring top tier professional aid
This fucking guy

so what hes still a fag

Why is Netflix producing a $90 million dollar movie? How does that pay for itself? Do they really believe it will bring in that many new subscribers?

John "how do I" Landis

I'm torn on Max Landis. He's absolutely a great example of why jewish nepotism is bad, and he's a mediocre writer, but he also seems like an alright guy.

NOW

I think people would treat max better if he didn't have a mame like rainbow dash. Is he legitimately gay or just attention seeking?

just american. unfortunately very hard to cure

he's hollywood-american. they're spoiled, entitled nutjobs with "affluenza".

plus, they all claim to have PTSD, despite the fact that they've never had a real problem in their lives.

>Terrible as the Twilight Zone accident was, some good did come of it. At Warner Bros., a behind-the-scenes revolution was set in motion, as a vice president named John Silvia was determined to tighten up the industry’s approach to safety. Silvia convened a committee that created standards for every aspect of filmmaking, from gunfire to fixed-wing aircraft to smoke and pyrotechnics. All the unions and guilds in the business were represented.

>The committee’s codicils were collected into a group of standards called Safety Bulletins. It wasn’t an overnight process, and the standards needed continual updates—despite increased efforts to improve safely, accidents kept happening. New Safety Bulletins were issued after each mishap. When legendary stuntman Dar Robinson died in a remote area after rupturing his spleen in a stunt during the shooting of Million Dollar Mystery, on-set ambulances became mandatory. The process continues today. “With every accident comes more regulations,” says Pam Elliott, production manager at Special Effects Unlimited, a longtime provider of explosives and other effects for Hollywood. “Every time someone gets hurt, we learn, and rules are put in place to try to make sure it doesn’t happen again.”

>The insurance industry made sure that safety provisions stuck. Before The Twilight Zone, insurance companies didn’t view the movie business as a source of profit: Given how unsafe film sets were, the likelihood of a payout was just too high. Afterward, the industry’s commitment to improving safety, along with increasing budgets, made Hollywood a better risk. Soon, getting affordable rates to underwrite shoots became a basic part of the movie-making business. And that meant dancing to the insurance industry’s tune. “The insurance companies want to know everything,” Elliott says. “They want your resume, the resumes of everyone participating. They want to see your licensing, a list of materials, the number of people working on each shot, the distance they will each be from the explosive, the number of fire extinguishers available on set. Then the fire department comes out to look at what you’re doing, and they have a long list of safety criteria to meet, too. It’s a pain in the butt, sure, but that’s the way it is.”

>Risk managers like Palmer become involved in a film long before principal photography begins, scanning scripts for issues, starting with the location.

slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2012/07/the_twilight_zone_tragedy_how_vic_morrow_s_death_changed_the_way_films_are_made.html

NO WONDER MOVIES COST SO MUCH MONEY TO MAKE - BECAUSE OF OVERREGULATION

>mandatory on-set ambulances
my sides

>not underage
>no nudes leaked
>doesn't have cute feet

why does Sup Forums care about him?

>google the first paragraph of the quote
>it's from reddit
>OP is a redditor
/thread

Upvote

How?
It is literally High Fantasy set in current times?

Why is he ignoring that his father literally evaded laws in order to film those children at the times he was doing so?

>The night scene called for Morrow's character to carry the two children across the river while being pursued by US soldiers in a helicopter. The helicopter was piloted by Vietnam War veteran Dorcey Wingo.[10][11] During the filming of the scene, Wingo stationed his helicopter 25 feet (7.6 m) from the ground and, while hovering near a large mortar effect, he turned the aircraft 180 degrees to the left for the next camera shot.[12] The effect was detonated while the helicopter's tail-rotor was still above it, causing the rotor to fail and detach from the tail. The low-flying helicopter spun out of control. Morrow dropped Chen into the water. As Morrow was reaching out to grab Chen, the helicopter fell on top of Morrow and the two children. Morrow and Le were decapitated and mutilated by the helicopter's main rotor blades while Chen was crushed to death by the helicopter's landing skid.[5]

>At the subsequent trial, the defense claimed that the explosions were detonated at the wrong time. Randall Robinson, an assistant cameraman on board the helicopter, testified that production manager Dan Allingham told Wingo, "That's too much. Let's get out of here," when the explosions were detonated, but Landis shouted over the radio: "Get lower... lower! Get over!" Robinson said that Wingo tried to leave the area, but that "we lost our control and regained it and then I could feel something let go and we began spinning around in circles."[13] Stephen Lydecker, also a camera operator on board, testified that Landis had earlier "shrugged off" warnings about the stunt with the comment "We may lose the helicopter."[14] While Lydecker acknowledged that Landis may have been joking when he made the remark, he said: "I learned not to take anything the man said as a joke. It was his attitude. He didn't have time for suggestions from anybody."[15]

It's arguable who is the worse criminal, max's dad for killing those people, or max for the things he has written.

An incident implies no one god decapitated.
John Landis repeatedly ignored advice to, you know, maybe NOT fire live rounds on set. Maybe NOT have a copter fly so close to the ground with explosions everywhere.
Spielberg started distancing himself even prior to the accident because Landis was such and obvious shitheel that Steven noped the fuck out of there.

Evading laws didn't kill those kids tho, the accident kill them. Even if they weren't in that helicopter, Vic Morrow still would have died in the crash. Weirdly enough, the special effects person responsible for the explosion going off at the wrong time was not prosecuted.

Max is his father's living karma and as such I have nothing against John; he's paid his dues in full.

How what? How is a show involving cops dealing with paranormal crimes staring Will Smith similar to MiB?
Are you stupid?

This really captures the way Max types

Uptomyknees is Max Landis reddit account.

He did post this. It's not pasta.

I know it's not a pasta. But he found it on reddit, therefore OP is a redditor.

The death of 3 actors, as it was completely avoidable. A kid growing up close to Hollywood/LA in general has no chance NOT to be a raging faggot.

The Twilight Zone accident was an inside job.

Meanwhile Tom Cruise kills two people in a plane crash

>OP dig out a reddit comment that's 1 year old just to make a thread

Is Max Landis the Enoch Powell of the film industry?

>faggy hair
>soulless eyes

Every damn time.

Reminds me of that guy directing the Resident Evil series, getting stuntmen maimed and killed for that garbage franchise, so his wife can still call herself an "actress".

oh Max. You are truly pathetic

Did anyone stop to tell John Landis how fucking stupid his Twilight Zone idea was? He killed 3 people for one of the most un-Twilight Zone stories ever committed to film

>haha HELICOPTER lmao