Boardwalk Empire

Just finished re-watching the whole series up til this point, and I'm not likely to go on to the finale this time around. I just can't handle it.

I prefer to think there's an alternate universe where Nucky saves Gillian and Tommy and head out west somewhere.

that's now how it works, kiddo. the show was painfully average but finale was superb.

I get the feeling. Boardwalk was never a happy show but holy fuck was the last season depressing

>painfully average
Leave.

he's right

There is no reason to watch Boardwalk Empire beyond it's second season final. It's a great place to end the series.

that's when i did. desu the jimmy fucking his mother bit was too much for me

I think season 3 and 4 are pretty great. It's just 5 that lets it all down.

I love seasons 1-4 but 5... Just felt really rushed. Needed the full 13 episodes.

Poor Nelson. He just wanted to be an ok husband and terrible father.

>never got to see the saint valentine's day massacre

>tfw no incestuous relationship with mommy Darmody
Why even live.

Gillian was the best character in this show. So goddamn tragic. And Gretchen Mol played her superbly.

>Jimmyfags

It felt like they were trying to meet a quota with all the killings at the end of Boardwalk Empire. Some of them didn't even make sense. There was no reason for Nucky to die. It was forced poetic justice. Micky and Van Alden were way worse, though.

Gyp Rosetti was great.

I just remembered I stopped watching this during the episode where they lynched that white woman because the quality had declined and I lost interest and still have no idea how it ended

>he stopped when Narcisse showed up
You missed out.

Narcisse wasn't that good. They completely fucked Chalky's story up when focusing on Narcisse.

He was pretty great. A cold motherfucker who wasn't as smart as he thought he was.

I mean the show hit the shit way before the finale. This show had an all-time drop in quality.

Umm worse than GoT and Dexter?
I just finished the first season so I'm nervous with continuing with the show if it drops in quality that much.

that jimmy guy looks like a very very tall toddler

When do you think that was? What season dropped the ball?

Nah you're good for 4 seasons at least. First two are awesome and last two are good.

It's not a matter of being a "jimmyfag" or not.

It's a matter of it's an good place to end the series and beyond the point the writers just started to do random shit and degrade story lines to fill time.

I'm not a lolifag, but the finale broke me.
Made me feel alot more for Gillian, even tho I hated her before.

Looking back, all of the character endings were pretty depressing.
Al Capone saying goodbye to his deaf son, Chalky dying for the woman, Eddie killing himself, Harrow...

In an alternative universe, jimmy would have came back to play his "son", just maybe died his hair a different colour.
would have been raised by the one eyed sniper dude, and would have taken out nucky and everyone else to be the king of the empire.

Also there was a famous one eyed sniper , he was known locally as the one eyed gunner , had fought in the war of independence, and killed many british soldiers, hadnt lost his eye in a war or anything like that, but was a very good shot even with just one eye

Lol

>would have been raised by the one eyed sniper dude, and would have taken out nucky and everyone else to be the king of the empire.
That would be even worse than what we got.