Is Adventure Time still popular, Sup Forums?

Is Adventure Time still popular, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vLyGQnKMeLU
derpibooru.org/699384
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

way past its prime

was an interesting show until they went full spaghetti after season 3

youtube.com/watch?v=vLyGQnKMeLU

I'm so sorry you have to go through this, how ridiculous of a person to harass another through Sup Forums. I hope you'll be alright!

Marcelene and Ice King are probably the only two characters who became better as the series progressed into the shit realm.

Not really, it lost its charm with people who actually liked it, and the tumblr crowd quickly latched onto SU

I was lost when random characters began showing up with little explanation or reason, Finn became a spaghetti lord, Jake's family became a completely wasted opportunity and he basically became a mostly absent dad, and the female characters went from their original interesting selves to Tumblr level ship bait. Not to mention the background history of Ooo went largely unexplained or vaguely alluded to for way too much time.

I gave Adventure Time a lot of leeway, but you can only waste so much opportunity before your viewers lose interest.

I gave up on it.

I still like it.

Not nearly as much as it used to be, but it still has its fans.

>Preboot - 0.77
Not at all.

The series was always like that. In fact I'd say the series gets progressively better about doing that less overall as it progresses.

Personally I kind of wish Ooo maintained the "nobody knows what the fuck happened" setting that it had at the start. A little about the mushroom war would've been fine, but they sucked shit on the showing-not-telling aspect about it. If we were all sitting here having circlejerk conspiracies about how Ooo got so twisted, then it'd be a lot more interesting.

Maybe hint at the Mushroom War, and skirt around the Ice Crown a little (maybe just a sane episode or two with Simon instead of Ice King in modern Ooo) then there'd be a lot of the mystery that captivated people into wanting it to stay in.

I think there's one, maybe two seasons left before it all wraps up. I could be wrong, though.

I thought it was cancelled

The season final aired and there were about 40 posts about it across five different websites combined.

dead show.dead threads.

You best be fucking joking. What they did to Marceline is a fucking disgrace.

Season 1 best season

cartoon network promoted that finale like shit
no real advertising, delayed for months

no fucking wonder the ratings were down
you had to be actively invested in following that shit to even know it was airing

(OP)
Seriously, this shit needs to stop
derpibooru.org/699384

There are two more seasons.

This. I want to believe CN will get their shit together when season eight starts, but I won't get my hopes up.

This shit needs to fucking end

>The series was always like that
No. It wasn't.

This as well.

Adventure Time is a prime example of why cartoons don't need more than 3 or 4 seasons.

Watch a season 1 or 2 marcy episode. Then watch one in the newer seasons. Then get back to me I'll wait.

I don't think OP was even serious, given how this is his picture
derpibooru.org/699384

It's clear he just wanted to harass me.

Those who think otherwise, enlighten yourselves.

They already lost Pokemon to Disney XD, I don't see CN getting any kind of shit together, any time soon.

Triggered?

Except Marcy used to be like a mysterious older sister that ducked around. Now it's like, I cry because I'm sad alot, and if you don't cry too, you're a sexist.

Don't know if its as popular as it once was, but im still loving it.

Preboot & Reboot ~ Shit got serious.

I also found out that season 9 will end AT :'(

get killed you fucking degenerate

Seriously, this shit needs to stop
derpibooru.org/699384

How the fuck would you even know about that? What do you do reverse image search every picture in every thread? Get a life, troll.

This. I didn't even bother watching the Preboot/Reboot final. What they did to the characters is a fucking disgrace.

Marcy used to be this cool wild friend Finn had, an alternative to the strict by the books PB. Now all that got pushed to the side to fuel this stupid Bubblegum x Marceline ship, we barely get any Finn and Marceline moments now.

Finn's like 17 now and still hasn't grown physically. Not to mention he turns into a dumb idiot whenever an episode has PB and Marcy in it. To the point I wonder why do they even have him when Marcy and PB get things done just as good or even better without him.

>Now all that got pushed to the side to fuel this stupid Bubblegum x Marceline ship, we barely get any Finn and Marceline moments now.
You got that one scene where he and Jake were on Marceline's lap inside her house.

>Finn's like 17 now and still hasn't grown physically.
Something about if they change his model it'll cost more animation wise and hurt brand recognition?

>Not to mention he turns into a dumb idiot whenever an episode has PB and Marcy in it. To the point I wonder why do they even have him when Marcy and PB get things done just as good or even better without him.
Because if they gave Finn the shaft for yuri Bubbline grrril power that would stir up a shitstorm in the fandom left NOT watching it for that reason. I think they'll start having him improve on S8 and go from there.

What the writers call Finn's development now is the equivalent of having a broken car window and just taping a plastic bag over the hole instead of getting a better glass replacement.

I just know because after doing this shit for a long time, you catch onto their methods.
I only know because when it was first posted, it had its derpibooru ID in the filename.

>Get a life, troll.
Say that to the OP of this thread, who only used the subject as a lazy excuse to post his picture and harass me like this.
I should know because just before he posted this thread, he made two threads in succession on Sup Forums that used this picture, same filename and everything. When those got deleted, he took his crusade here as well.

It's noteworthy that this asshole is also ban-evading as well.
This is a thread that he made a couple weeks back with a similar thread format, filename, etc.
30-day ban.

I liked it better when PB and Marceline hated each other. It seems more natural.

Yeah it was, rewatch season 1. Literally every ep is random chars showing up.

fucking die

>tfw you lost most of your vintage adventure time general images

I deleted all mine because I stopped giving a shit about Adventure Time and the fan art.

No. People stopped caring about it after Season 4 and moved on to other shows like GF and SU.

I stopped after the flame princess break-up/cinnamon bun cuck episode.

I don't even remember what season that was but it just showed me that Finn wasn't going to grow from this development in any way and I wasn't going to bother waiting for the developments.

I'll probably binge the last few seasons when it's all wrapped up.

It's noteworthy that this asshole is also ban-evading as well.
This is a thread that he made a couple weeks back with a similar thread format, filename, etc.
30-day ban.

not like when it first started.
people just kind of like forgot about it because of all that hiatus and cn paying more attention to new shows

I stopped watching after Jake the Dog, I just lost interest in the whole thing

Fun fact: Ice King's "development" happened because Rebbecca Sugar couldn't comprehend Ice King's character. The other members of the staff kept trying to explain him to her, but she just didn't get it. Finally, she decided to play up the Simon shit, because she found a confused old man easier to understand than "a Rumpelstiltskin-type character" (her words).

He lost most of what made him entertaining after that.

What was Ice King's original character supposed to be without Simon?

>show goes on hiatus for 4 months
>CN changes the airdates
>CN provides next to no advertising for the new episode
Well no fucking wonder.

>Implying s4 wasn't great
Was literally the peak of its popularity you autist. S7 is arguably just as good.

>Finn became a spaghetti lord
You can't repeat the same bullshit for three years and expect it to hold up. Finn doesn't even react when kissed by PB (Hot Diggity Doom), he can be alpha with women (Mama Said, Flute Spell, Bun Bun) and in all these cases he shows no signs of being naive and immature.

>tumblr level ship bait
>"hurr two females together that's always tumblr hurr"
>literally about 5 episodes of those two really having any shipfuel out of a series of about 250 epsiodes.
Just fucking kill yourself

>vague lore
So what? It's a post-apocalyptic world and there's nothing more to it.

Literally the 27th epsiode she was revealed to have daddy issues. Season 2 premiere. If you're judging her personality base off of Evicted it's no wonder things are so different-- thats the third episode produced.

Sit down AT writer dead fandom shows your choices were wrong after all

>butthurt Finnceline shipper
You're pissed there's no shipping fuel between the two anymore, because those two still interact. We get two episodes of Finn hanging out with Marceline and now it's obligatory for the show to run.

>Finn doesn't grow/change
Neither has anyone else that matters in the show.

>dumb idiot when PB+Marcy
Finn and Jake served as comedic relief in the mini-series why is this so hard to understand?
They never hated eachother, from the pitch the two were described as having a friendly-rivalry. That "hate" you see is the cause of bad-blood in the past, that has been repaired. We get character developement but Sup Forums bitches because lesbians. There has yet to be any actual romance between the two.

You mean the constant hiatus insinuated by CN that leads to a lack of discussion? There has been plenty of discussion of the show prior to the constant hiatus, but you would've known that if you didn't join us over the summer.

[citation needed]

S7 was pretty good but if you've stopped caring at this point it's probably not enough to get you interested again. Finale sucked a bit but wasn't awful I guess.

SvtFOE fans survived constant hiatuses
GF fans survived constant hiatuses
SU fandom survived a drought of episodes

AT has a dwindling fanbase because people are/were fedup with the shit decisions the people behind the scenes made while you gobble it up like cheesecake. Most recent example is the cliffhanger leading up to S8 which has a possibility of being an aniclimactic shitshow.

Was S7 A step up from 6 and 5? Yes, but don't come up in here trying to act like Finn's development isn't pic related along with other plotlines.

Are you just trying to point out to me how fucking awesome and entertaining Marceline used to be compared to now where it seems like every bit of personality that isn't "sad lesbian" has been vacuumed out of her?

I love the show still but Marceline is a complete bore now, if she wasn't involved with sad Simon backstory and smoochy Bubblegum lesbians no one would give a fuck about the bitch.

That's false. She'd be a Sup Forums flavor of the month at least twice maybe.

Any girl cartoon character with cleavage and long hair can reach that status, it's not a big accomplishment.

What cucking was there? Has that word lost all meaning? Finn used FP's insecurities against her, what were you expecting to happen? A kiss? There's no romance of CB and FP either, CB is her knight, FP returns no romantic feelings towarda him. In other words CB is friendzoned.

You're wrong about Finn never recovering, because a season later he is hanging out with PB with no spaghetti, she kisses him, no spaghetti, he even pulls Huntress Wizards without Jake's help, no spaghetti. He become friends with FP again, hanging out, no spaghetti. But somehow he is a beta cuck? Fuck off.

We survived constant hiatus as well, my statement implied during hiatus there's a lack of discussion, not an absence. This is found across just about every show. Discussion, not waifu threads.

>dwindling fan base because bad storytelling
Yet they come back for every episode.

Don't tell me not to explain my interpretation to you, contradict it.

>Super loyal ATfag defends show's shortcomings on Sup Forums because discussion is dead everywhere else
my sides

>Marceline
>cleavage
What? Even then she had short hair in Stakes. And we still enjoyed the miniseries, save for Finnfags butthurt about not knowing what comic relief is.

Show went to shit a little bit but I'm not too hard to please, as long as Finn and Jake keep being swell guys I'll stay onboard.

I really hope this show gets a good ending, I'll be bummed if they do a generic "Defeat the Lich for the 15th time but for finally this time" happy ending thing. Think outside of the box show.

>Yet they come back for every episode.
Nah this show is dead. I hypothesize that all the remaining plot threads will come together in a giant clusterfuck of the ages

I think you're going through the denial phase of the 5 stages of grief, user

>Retards that repeat the same shit from three years ago
Not an argument. Nice damage control.

autism
>we still enjoyed
make that double autism

turn on cn at any non adult swim time
you will likely see teen titans go
it's very unlikely you'll see adventure time

you do the math

There is literally a talkback thread for every single episode that has ever aired. Some might take some digging to find, poorly made threads, but it's there. This finale we filled two threads. That's outstanding considering the last talkbalk was on July 7.

This doesn't contradict what I said. There are many mixed emotions about Stakes, but generally was enjoyed. If you were here last year you'd know this, better yet read the archives.

Your presence on here of all places proves me right

here's your (you). better luck on /reddit/

How so?

>CN doesn't air reruns of AT
So there's more room for your new favorite show. What else is new?

REMINDER THAT THIS IS A SHILL THREAD
derpibooru.org/699384
If you see OP's picture, they're shilling ponies.

>How so?
The same guy always triggered is here and won't let anyone criticise the show, folks.

The fact that Barneyshit will outlive AT, which is just fucking sad.

Lich hasn't reprised the role of anatagonist since the S6 premiere.

>So there's more room for your new favorite show

what show is that?
what worthwhile new shows is cn putting out to replace all their ending shows?
looks like it's just ttg reruns, and surely they can't get by actually being the "ttg network," right?

Jesus Christ Barneyfag there's one Adventure Time thread a week and you're gonna cripple it with your autism.
Well at least there wasn't much to discuss anyway.

I highly doubt OP even cared to begin with
derpibooru.org/699384

>he can't explain himself
Sad!
How come?

With the fans that left the AT fandom it was either a death of a thousand cuts sort of thing or a huge letdown that told peeps that it was time to jump off the old horse

Well, I tried to in this thread but stupid fucking janis kept temp blocking me despite the fact that OP's ban-evading right now.

Fuck, OP most likely left the thread after he made it because all he wants to do is harass me.

And there's a real good chance they're gonna bring him back in the finale or whatever. They didn't destroy him for a reason, they kept him around for the future. Ending the series by having the heroes defeat the big bad once and for all is a well traveled path that the show may chose to take.

TTG receives the highest ratings, this is most likely why it is advertised so much by CN. It's the new Johnny Test, except it isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

It's sad because it shows that degeneracy will reign over (at least arguable) quality, which is just sad.

>Trying to rip off the god emperor because you're crying so much
How pathetic

Fuck, it really is fucking sad.

i get that ttg is successful and is treated as such
that doesn't change the fact that it's one show they can't, or at least shouldn't, replace all their ending shows like at, regular show, etc. with just more ttg reruns

new shows have to start airing and let's be honest, mighty magiswords isn't their next big hit

Except season 8 is described as having a new threat, and contrary to your belief the Lich King is no means new by any stretch of the imagination. Not saying he won't return, it just doesn't look very plausible at the moment.

Take into account target audience, because if you have no audience you have no ratings. Simple childrens shows are the quintessential program for parents to neglect their children for a few hours a day.

Hey man, maybe that new threat gets defeated and they end it with the Lich or something. It's always a possibility, I just hope they go for something more creative than that.

make sure to write sage in the options field since you're so persistent.

>yfw SuperUltraProATfag and MonsterAntiBarneyfag are in cahoots and form a cancer stronger than Barneyfag could ever reach

Well it just so happens shit shows pull in ratings. Have you forgotten about your new favorite show?

They're just both autistic in different ways, pls no bullying

>all these removed posts
This is truly a shitshow. The next time ATProFag goes
>lel "muh fubble" and "Finnfags"
I'll kek heartily and tell him to fuck off

Anyways, what's the undisputed best episode of Season 7? I'll nominate Crossover, Hall of Egress or Blank Eyed Girl for the top spot.

It was gone for MONTHS and I only just now found out it aired and I'm downloading it

I'm asking other people that watch it and they didn't know it came back either

CN is infamously terrible at schedules

>That one guy that got fired still trolls here relentlessly about AT and tires to make it look bad

Goddamn