angrytrainerfitness.com/2012/03/ask-alfonso-do-big-muscles-slow-you-down/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What.

nothing personal, kid

>reveals her trump card
>to just knock her in the head

where tf is the Coyote tooth

First 'bip' of the confrontation

Also, I wonder what Jeanne's feet smell like? Do ghost feet smell at all?

>unsheathes katana
>teleports behind you

She doesn't want to... uh... destroy her soul?

i love that woman

>trying to knock out a ghost

>It kinda worked

Welp

>you should be able to solve this
>nothing personnel
What's with all the memes?

Is this /ourchapter/ lads?

Soon

g h o s t
f e e t

This.

I wonder if Jeanne will consider teleports unsporting. She made it clear she wants a straight fight with Parley but It's not really a 'trick' when it's your power.

She's a crazed murder spirit that kills whomever touches her side of shore be they suicidal fairies, harmless little girls, or ferrymen of dead souls. 'Sporting' is right out the window for her.

She should already know that she can teleport after the first time she and Annie went down into the rift

How? Parley didn't use her power at all during that encounter. They got out because she kicked the blinker stone out of Jeanne's hand.

H-hayai!!

Mordhau?

What are you not understanding?

Finally! The best panel yet!

Unsichtbarrhau!

Eh? Kieta?
B-Bakana!

sure but if they're planning on banishing her to the netherworld in a few minutes anyway then it probably doesn't really hurt to go ahead and, say, snip off the pointy part of her sword at least.

Bruh.

Yeah, that was within the ether, wasn't it?

>draws the sword back in a swing
>pommel lunge

Looks fine to me.
Quicker to pommel from that position than bringing the whole blade around to cut, and it's already pretty established George prefers that kind of close in, blunt style.

She didn't bring it, her friend Cookie was using it to masturbate

They are trying to release her not kill her

The hell? That dude just stole my trick!

If ghosts can strike people and be struck in return, in what sense are they ghosts at all?

Makes u think.

How can Smitty survive this?

man, they are always inconsistent with flash, shouldn't he be able to dodge that?

PUNCHING GHOSTS

Identity Crisis was all sorts of retard. That fight had Deathstroke take down a GL by grabbing his hand.

This kind of shit here is what deadpool was made to make fun of, wasn't it.

>H-He's fast!

> pssssh...
> ...nothing personnel...
> ...bip...
> ...kid...

I was actually surprised to see her manage to hit Jeanne

>muffled Naruto music plays in background

Unscrew the pommel and throw it to end her rightly.

I don't know what she was thinking, going into a battle against Jeanne's rapier, when she knows how fast it is, using a large, slow sword.

It's what she's good with. Changing methods would put her at a greater disadvantage.

Kat, not now!

(I'll definitely draw more Kat foot stuff when I have time, tho)

that's ok you don't need to

I will, though.
Kat being locked in the arrow shackles and Jeanne's feet in her face.

I want to hold Zimmy's frail little hand.

Feel it tremble while she poops.

There's many techniques to swordplay, in an actual fight there's far more than "fast" and "Slow" swords

That's not god damn mordhau.

It's a half-sword pommel thrust.

Mordhau is a full reverse grip style

Zimmy is pretty.

Its always retarded when it is portrayed as if you can beat a green lantern just by casually slipping the ring off their hand.

Its like dumbass writers forget the forcefield aura around them that protects them from death when being punched in the face by super strong guys and still be alive while flying through space

CAN THE STRENGTH BUILD BEAT OUT THE DEX BUILD WITH THIS BULLSHIT TELEPORTATION CRAP?
READ AND FIND OUT.

git gud

That one actually makes some sense though.
For starters his hand was messed up so harder to focus.
And it is known that enemies with high willpower of their own are able to break through constructs or be less effected by them.

Nothing preventing you from being fast while maining Strength

Right, but having a faster weapon really helps.

Don't get me wrong, though, I'd rather have a longer weapon than a faster one.

But I'd rather have the element of surprise than a weapon. I intentionally broke my weapon in a duel once because I had a better feel of the durability than my opponent did so I knew it'd fail soon anyway and breaking it on my opponent's guard with a slash that they expected to be deflected and I knew would carry through with half my weapon remaining let me turn the slash into a feint for a thrust they had no hope of recovering their guard to block.

Except physics.

But you're right, we can just suspend our disbelief for this.
Let's assume Parley is just awesome and not argue about that.
Instead let's argue about what muscles she likes to use to jerk off Smitty. Personally, I'm very much in favor of the ab-rub.

>Except physics.
Physics of what, exactly? Bigger muscles don't move slower. There's a weight issue but Parley's upgraded body is disproportionately strong, so that extra mass is nothing to her.

Yes it is, tho.
There's a little thing called momentum that fucks you up when you're that big, using such a big weapon.

Parley's sword is too bit (especially too wide near the hilt) but it's not going to weigh THAT much.

The glamorous Doppelhänder of the Landsknecht could be up to six feet long and weighed 4-7 pounds.

Everything makes momentum. It just doesn't matter when you're strong enough to pull it back.

That's not really a decent argument
Like, you're actually proving that it's impossible, you're just saying it is using circular logic to justify it
How do you know you're right?
Because momentum.
How do you know that momentum works in that specific way?
Because you're right.

*not actually proving
sorry

I didn't know she could glitch

That's just not true.
It does matter if you're bigger, because the bigger you get the more energy you have to consume to move. Your stamina drains faster, it takes longer to pull your arms back, you can't react to attacks as quickly. There's just absolutely no way to move something that's significantly heavier than a rapier in a way that is as precise, because even if you do manage to move it just as fast because of your raw power, you won't be able to stop it as fast.
I'm not saying strong fighters aren't as good as dexterous ones, but there's clearly a disadvantage in speed that is impossible to overcome.
You can compensate for the lack of speed, but you can never be as fast as someone who's more lean, using smaller weapons, it just physically doesn't work out.

Most swords aren't that heavy. And when you go into really close combat with a sword you aren't going to be swinging all of it's weight around, you use smaller movements and leverage for better control. Someone like Parley who prefers to use a large sword in close combat would know how to do this pretty well, and now that she has magically enhanced strength it's even easier.

Sure, but at that point, what's the use of big muscles and big swords if you're not using them?
It's inefficient and she's objectively at a disadvantage.

then you just half sword and bash someone in the face, really fast and strongly

Having muscles doesn't prevent you from moving fast, having magic muscles should easily allow to be superhumanly fast and strong,

Hrm hm.

If this were a wrestling match, Parley would be the ultimate champion.
And I'd love to see that way more than this, of course.
Wrestling in the mud by the river sounds neat.
But sadly it isn't a wrestling match. She's fighting someone who is able to move significantly faster. One slash at her throat or face would eliminate Parley instantly.
It doesn't prevent you from moving fast (once you build up speed), but it does prevent you from stopping fast.

A shield would really help her for close combat.
Shield and something short and heavy, like a mace or axe.

No it doesn't, being muscular doesn't cause you to lose dexterity unless you are some retarded seline-injecting body builder sculpting for appearance rather than a fighter training for function.

Yes it does.
It's physics.
Look, I like huge muscles as much as anyone here, but it's just too inefficient to be too big, because you're using weapons that are deadly even if you don't hit hard.
Sure, Parley could cut a person in half, but that's completely unnecessary in order to kill.
Sure, she can break guard easier, but that doesn't help against an opponent who isn't blocking.
She's just wasting energy.

I love how your argument is just yelling "physics!" again and again.

Parley was able to handle her big sword effectively before her dragon slayer upgrade and now she can punch brick walls. It's probably much a light sword for her now. 'Momentum' means shit because the weight is nothing to her.

Well, I COULD calculate it for you to show how inefficient it is, but I'm not gonna do that, so I'm trying to get you to understand just by logic alone, but you don't seem to like logic as an argument either.

I'm not saying Parley can't do this. I'm sure she can in the canon of this comic, despite it being unrealistic, but even then, even in the canon of the comic she would be better off with a different weapon. Particularly a shield would be perfect for her build. If she could onehand the big sword and have a shield that would already improve her chances, but I'd suggest a short, blunt weapon like a mace or hammer instead.

Bigger muscles also let her move faster and probably have better control as well. Bigger muscles allow her to exert more force which means she can accelerate quicker, letting her move faster. She can also exert more force in the opposite direction, allowing her to stop herself quicker, and making her more agile in general. Bigger muscles really do make you faster.

Let me google that for you.
thebioneer.com/does-muscle-slow-you-down/
angrytrainerfitness.com/2012/03/ask-alfonso-do-big-muscles-slow-you-down/

Well, give me a scientific article about it then that supports your position.
I'm open to facts.

I wish this duel had taken another turn...

>physics
she got magic enhancements all over her body.

remember wall-smash?

Why would she use a hammer or mace when she trains as a swordswoman, Are you retarded?

Someone is seriously arguing about physics and logic in a fight between a teleporting magically enhanced dragon slayer and a wraith

No, I'm just saying that she, despite being a badass fighter, is ill-suited to fight Jeanne and is risking her life and the lives of her friends (For essentially nothing, might I add. There's no good reason for them to free Jeanne).

All I'm trying to say is that all these kids are idiots (except Kat of course, she just succumbed to peer pressure).

Don't forget, she can teleport.

It should be noted that the lucky thread are now broken and PArley is now teleporting on her own. Smit isn't favoring the place where she land, now.

I think those lucky threads were only acting on Jeanne. Parley probably still has lucky threads on her.

Now, if Jeanne cuts those, then yea, shit gonne get real.

*bips behind you*

Reminder that the court's creation of the annan's water ghost was not only redundant, as it was Coyote who wanted the forest separated from the court in the first place and no Forest resident would have a chance defying Coyote's edict...

...But it also turned out to be completely useless against the only threat that could actually overturn that edict.

What if this arc ends with coyote stomping Jeanne and killing her

Tom might actually be enough of a madman to do something like that.