Why do people with the force either have to be some abstinent monk without family or an evil dictator or be scheming to...

why do people with the force either have to be some abstinent monk without family or an evil dictator or be scheming to become one
why can't they just be normal?

and I'm talking about the movies here, I don't care about your retarded EU shit

Power corrupts. And absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Because Star Wars was and is nothing more than a good vs evil story. A New Hope was the best movie and nothing should have been made set before or after the OT

Because Lucas has a binary mind that can't comprehend anything beyond 1 and 0.
But yeah, Grey Jedi are where it's at.

ah fuck off who cares it's fucking star wars

it's for kids, your realise that right? these are movies for children

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

But Vader is literally space Jesus, conceived divinely. It only makes sense that he would have absurdly high levels of power, and the same goes for Luke, being the son of Jesus.

it angers me that these two statements are actual official canon.

why is it okay for the rebels to involve the ewoks in tehir conflict with the empire?
the ewoks are completely uninvolved, underdeveloped, they have no idea what the fuck is going on
not only do the rebels exploit their naivity and good will (except that whole try to burn their captives alive thing), but they also keep outright deceiving them by making use of the ewoks superstition with them believing C3PO is some sort of god or mythical creature

so now these little fluffy bears fight and die for something that isn't really any concern for them anyway, how the fuck is this justifiable

>I don't care about your retarded EU shit
EU is the only good thing about Star Wars.

Leia has the force and isn't either.

In Battle for Endor and Caravan of Courage its shown and implied heavily that the Empire has mistreated the Ewoks horribly as well. And though they are a savage race still, the Rebels ally themselves with the Ewoks to conquer a common enemy.

Go watch your RLM, faggot. Everyone loved Phantom menace before their fucking review. I watched it in theaters when I was 10 and it was a great movie.

>I watched it in theaters when I was 10 and it was a great movie.
same here, that disappointment when you got a bit older though

>why do people with the force either have to be some abstinent monk without family or an evil dictator or be scheming to become one
>why can't they just be normal?

Most people with the force are normal.

Was it autism?

Technically Luke used the dark and light side pretty evenly, and balanced the force, which has been a struggle for apparently as long as Jedi and Sith existed.

Bullshit there's no mention of the empire and infact the planet is completely isolated thus why the family gets stranded in the first place.

>Technically Luke used the dark and light side pretty evenly

Not really.

>and balanced the force
That was his father.

>ch has been a struggle for apparently as long as Jedi and Sith existed.

It wasn't. The Force wasn't thrown out of balance until the Clone War.

Tradition (in-universe, I mean). A religion effectively formed over it, and people think "well, this is just how it is."

Luke (not counting the new trilogy, just counting the original movies) is pretty removed from it as a religion, and is more focused on "being a jedi knight like my father". In Return of the Jedi, he seems to act more like what he thinks a Jedi SHOULD act like, opposed to Empire, where he's just walking around in his pilot clothes and using it more like a tool.

He gets slightly indoctrinated, but shows that you don't have to treat it like a religion to make use of it.

It would be cool if the new trilogy shows off him not believing the way of the Jedi is the correct way, but I don't expect Disney and crew to ever do anything like that.

yea but she isn't using it for anything productive, all she does is feel (god I hate women)

Everyone can uss the force but only with trainning you can barely pull off stuff like in the movies so obviously normal.people wont get to use those.cool powers

Because that makes for a boring movie.

>I want EU stuff but I don't want to get involved with the EU!
Suck it up then.

It is explained in the novels and comics that the only way to learn the path of the force is via meditation or the anger.

Do you need to use the force in order to use a light saber? I thought I remember Luke training to use one but then Finn was able to use one immediately. Is the blade an extension of the force or is it a literal on/off switch?

>why do people with the force either have to be some abstinent monk without family or an evil dictator or be scheming to become one

Lightsabers are extremely tricky to use. You need the force to be effective with it, but like Han in Episode V, anybody can hypothetically pick one up and swing it around.

Leia's pretty normal

The worst part being that they would've been genocided in retaliation if the rebels hadn't won

>Do you need to use the force in order to use a light saber?

No. A Lightsaber handles exactly like a sword. Except the blade has no edge and can cut through basically anything that isn't energy based.

>Is the blade an extension of the force or is it a literal on/off switch?

Both.

Why would there be a prophecy that the chosen one would bring balance to the force if the force was already balanced?

Thanks user.

wrong because people use it without knowing they have it way before they become jedis or sith. it's just lucas being dumb.

You too friend. Thank you

>Why would there be a prophecy that the chosen one would bring balance to the force if the force was already balanced?

Because the prophecy was about when the Force would become imbalanced. The Force in balance is when it's in it's natural state. To throw it off balance you need to create an enormous, unnatural amount of the Dark Side. That was achieved by a galactic scale war and a tyrannical regime that followed creating massive amounts of fear, anger, conflict, pain, suffering and death, all of which create the Dark Side.

>I watched it in theaters when I was 10
Opinion discarded

That doesn't really happen in the movies. The movies show that some peope are born force-sensitive, but they can't do much without training.

You could infer that plenty of other force-sensitives exist in the universe but if they're not trained by Jedi or Sith they'd be pretty weak and unimportant.

If you had watched the movies you would see that the Force was in heavy decline across the galaxy. Almost nobody had access to it other than those who studied it intensely. Like abstinent monks and evil dictators.

>That doesn't really happen in the movies.

Except it does. Han's piloting skills and 'luck' are a product of taping into the Force. Everyone does it. It's just that those who are sensitive to it and with training are the ones who can consciously do it.

>You could infer that plenty of other force-sensitives exist in the universe but if they're not trained by Jedi or Sith they'd be pretty weak and unimportant.

Well, yeah. Though there are plenty of other groups out there that know how to use the Force. And in different ways to the Jedi and the Sith.

>ONLY a sith deals in ABSOLUTES

was this supposed to show that jedi aren't perfect or just an oversight?

Grey Jedi arent normal people tho

>If you had watched the movies you would see that the Force was in heavy decline across the galaxy.

Not really. We barely saw a fraction of the galaxy. Force sensitives were being born all the time. The destruction of the Jedi Order and the presence of the Empire did not stop that or affect it in any way.

> Almost nobody had access to it other than those who studied it intensely. Like abstinent monks and evil dictators.
Plenty of people had access to it. It was just the Jedi arts that were in decline.

In context it was more like only a with makes ultimatums. And when he says only a sith he likely means on the Jedi/sith spectrum, it's a sith thing to do to make an ultimatum like that

>Grey Jedi arent normal people tho

Because they don't exist in Star Wars

They are as normal as you can get.
People who have normal human emotions in moderation unlike robotic low-EQ Jedi, the ability to love, yet who have also gone through hardships in life whether it is witnessing evil or witnessing how moral superiority complex can lead to evil such that they are detached from either side.

>People who have normal human emotions in moderation

But that's what the Jedi do.

did you even watch the movies?
using the force too agresively leads you to the dark side.
thats why jedis dont want to be killing machines,instead they try to control their emotions.

>thats why jedis

*jedi

>formerly jedi's

No. Jedi ban love and ban emotions because they fear them.
Fearing emotions = Jedi
Losing control over emotions = Sith
Learning to control their emotions without fear = Everyone else.

>A Lightsaber handles exactly like a sword
No, the blade is weightless. It's more like swinging a flashlight arond.

>Jedi ban love and ban emotions because they fear them.

Baning attachment =/= banning emotions.

>Fearing emotions = Jedi
Wrong.
>Losing control over emotions = Sith
Also wrong. To imply a lack of control is to imply a lack of discipline. Which the Sith have a fuck-ton of.
>Learning to control their emotions without fear = Everyone else.
Yes, but also (especially) the Jedi. Their philosophy is to work in harmony with the force and be benevolent to all living beings. They don't ban feelings, but they train you to have restraint and discourage from playing favorites so that they can serve the greater good.

>Baning attachment =/= banning emotions.
It is. You are banning something out of fear instead of learning to manage it like normal humans do.
>Wrong.
Not wrong.

>No, the blade is weightless

Yes and no. The Force actually creates a form of resistance, and thus acts gives a sort of weight to the blade. Though this weight can lessen somewhat the more the kyber crystal accepts you. If a only a Force sensitive trained in the Jedi Arts could wield a Lightsaber properly, then non Force Sensitive folks like General Greivous, Pre Vizla, Agent Kreel, Sabine Wren and Gar Saxon would've never been able to use them effectively as they did.
>. It's more like swinging a flashlight arond.
Not really. That's EU logic, which does not apply to Lightsabers.

>It is. You are banning something out of fear instead of learning to manage it like normal humans do.

They're not banning it out of fear. They're banning it because it's counter productive to their job. Their duty is to the many, not the few or the one.

>They're not banning it out of fear.
They are. Thankfully Luke fixes this.
>They're banning it because it's counter productive to their job.
So is mental malfunction of the individual who should be doing the job, as a result of a vital component missing that makes people human.
>Their duty is to the many, not the few or the one.
The many happens to include a partner.

>They are. Thankfully Luke fixes this.
They're not, and you don't know what Luke did because there's next to no information about the people Luke trained other than that they were nomadic and they got Columbined by Kylo Ren.

>So is mental malfunction of the individual who should be doing the job, as a result of a vital component missing that makes people human.
That's why they're raised and trained be able to let go, I.E. to control their emotions so they don't become a wreck. To encourage attachment/favorites is to encourage selfishness which is a shadow of the Dark Side. And that's bad.

>The many happens to include a partner.
No, that falls under the few or the one.

People in long term relationships settle down and get fat. They don't go on adventures.

If you legitimately care anything about Star Wars beyond watching passively out of extreme boredom, you really should kill kys yourself .

>beyond watching passively out of extreme boredom
What about playing Star Wars Battlefront II? Is this okay because I play it every now and then.

They're not cute they're savages. They're immoral. Anyways I wish the special fx for them was better. A bear chimp hybrid is really terrifying. Scarier than a wookie since they should be more nimble.

>They're not
They are. Banning is an act of fear. Managing is an act of adaption. Embracing is an act of acceptance. Jedi are cowardly shits.
>That's why they're raised and trained be able to let go
I.E. They are trained to be robots and not normal people, they train to fear becoming a wreck. An old saying says:
A person who fears is normal, a person who controls their fear is courageous, a person who has no fear ("let's go of it") is not human.
Jedi are not human, they are wrecks in the making, as every Jedi Order proved by their failure. They don't teach control, they teach severing of emotions, because they are cowards.
>To encourage attachment/favorites is to encourage selfishness which is a shadow of the Dark Side. And that's bad.
So all humans are the Dark Side by that logic.
The self-defeating argument in that logic is hilarious.

An attachment is an experience in itself which must be molded and which molds the person to become better. A lack thereof is a lack of a learning experience of Jedi, which means a weakness in Jedi, which means they are dumbasses who will be destroyed by their weakness as they always end up getting fucked.

Banning is an act of fear. Managing is an act of adaption. Embracing is an act of acceptance.
Banning what they do is necessary as it leaves them vulnerable to selfishness, which would compromise their work. Had they not been able to managed their emotions, they wouldn't have existed for thousands of years.

>a person who controls their fear is courageous
This part sounds exactly like the Jedi.
>So all humans are the Dark Side by that logic.

Well, to an extent, yes. Life creates the Force, and the Dark Side is a natural part of the Force. But to engage in the use of the Dark Side (beit knowingly or not) is detrimental. Thus why the Jedi are trained to acknowledge and restrain themselves from crossing that line.

My understanding of it is that different people have different levels of ability to channel "the force". So the way the Jedi see it, by seeking out these individuals and making them a more contemplative, self-reflective outlook from an early age, they're keeping them from using the force for evil. If you're force-sensitive, it's not a guarantee that you'll be evil if you don't choose to take up the warrior-monk lifestyle, but it is a guarantee that if you do become evil, you'll be able to wreak havoc on a cosmic scale, so for the good of the galaxy they try and keep you on the straight and narrow before puberty hits and you use your powers to convince every woman on the planet to sleep with you, because there'd be no going back after that.

It's a classic trope that goes all the way back to the works of H. P. Lovecraft

>but it is a guarantee that if you do become evil, you'll be able to wreak havoc on a cosmic scale,

Cosmic scale is a bit of an exaggeration, even for someone who has a level of training.

Someone who does have training to use the Force, and aligns with the Dark Side is bad, but doesn't guarantee they'll be a big threat. And it certainly doesn't mean they can't be a dumbshit.

Someone like Palpatine was only as bad as he was because he had an entire lifetime dedicated to being crafty as fuck and learning the deep secrets of the Dark Side to such the extent that it helped him become the most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived.

Meanwhile you got any of the Inquisitors who were given a barebones training withe the Dark side and they were all chumps.

>Thankfully Luke fixes this.

Luke fixed shit. He just fucked off to planet Ireland and waited for the storm to blow over.