Who are these characters Sup Forums? not been able see gravity falls and wherever i look i see these two pop up somehow...

who are these characters Sup Forums? not been able see gravity falls and wherever i look i see these two pop up somehow. i hear they're cute and adorable together but other than that what makes this ship so damn popular?

You don't want to know.

that bad?

The ship set sail during the arguably best ep of the season, and sank a few eps later. Nothing that happened in the ep was addressed or had any impact. The finale also completely disregarded Pacifica's development as a character.

In short, the blonde girl is your standard rich bitch you gives the boy and his sister a hard time. While his sister just kindnof hates her, her and the boys dialogue is more like banter. Its cute.
Then there is an episode where we find out the rich girls parents are awful and raised her to be such. She and the boy have to catch a ghost haunting her mansion. They have a hug moment and some heart to heart dialogue, and he comvinces the girl that she doesnt have to be bad just because her parents are bad. Its all very sweet and cute.
Problem is theres not much of them.for the rest of the series, likely do to resource constraints, and that really left everyone wanting more. Thats a big part of why the pairing is always so big here.
Also, this is now a Dipcifica thread. Yes, we are cancer. Live with it.

>The finale also completely disregarded Pacifica's development as a character.

Don't say retarded stuff. It is pretty fucking clear that she is on good terms with the Pines, and that they had moved on.

What was you expecting?

>Yes, we are cancer. Live with it.

Still miles better than Twitterfag.

well i'm actually cool with it, i just wanted to know how it got huge here, thanks for the explanation, when the chance comes when i'll to see the series completely ill probably ship them myself too.

its actually huge everywhere

>Twitterfag
I'm missing out, who's that?

Seems to be the nigga who spend the entire thread posting Alex's twitter and talking about Trump, because Hirch blocked him one time.

I am in need of some new fanart.
Anyone find some stuff?

ima risk the tumblerinas and find some

bump

>While his sister just kindnof hates her, her and the boys dialogue is more like banter. Its cute
Mabel was always more wiling to patch things with Pacifica despite her being a bitch. Dipper outright hated Pacifica for being mean to his sister

I don't even ship but Padippica was more legitimate than Starco

>Always
Thats incredibly debatable. Until the end of Golf Wars Mabel and Pacifica were at each others throats every time they met. Dipper was protrctive lf Mabel, but was mostly indifferent to Pacifica as a person, hence why je never goes after Pacifica himself, he only helps Mabel get back at her. Pacifica represents a kind of authority to Mabel; the rich girl who tells pther girls how to act. Mabel wants to rebel against this authority, and Pacifica feeds on that.
Dipper doesn't place that kind of image to Pacifica, and sees her as just a mean little girl. In turn, while Pacifica knows how to mess with Mabel, she understands that Dipper isnt as easily phased. They're on equal footing in each other's eyes, and that makes their relationship more interesting.

MOOODDDDDDSSSSS

>The finale also completely disregarded Pacifica's development as a character.
How so? Just because Pacifica stopped being a bitch and befriended the twins doesn't mean it's out of character for her to still care about fashion and money.

DELETE THIS

Not that I speak for everyone, but I, along with a large number of others, didn't give a fuck about this ship until Northwest Mansion Mystery, I believe S2E8. This is where Pacifica goes from generic cunt who's rich, to an actual character that it hinted at that she would get further development. If you were a GF fan before that episode, you'd know it was a crackship, but after NWMM, it was all the rage, and still holds water now because of great lewds.

Unfortunately, the hack manlet fucked the entirety of season 2B and went back to old Pacifica instantly. Keep in mind that the hiatus after NWMM and the 2A finale let minds wander to this being the new norm.

Shipping is gay, I only use ship names for "artwork" purposes. Pinecest still a great.

>I believe S2E8
S2E10

Thank you user

>two gravity falls threads on the front page

It's funny how there are pretty much no cartoons now that so many ended

This is very hnng

Why is this website such cancer?

Bump

Obviously Pacifica should have married Dipper

fuk u alex

>sleeve tattoos
>loooong neck
>pointy as fuck nose
It's not a favorite of mine, to be honest.

i love this artist

>dipper getting earrings and tattoos
nah

I like the paranormal tattoo Dipper art personally. They'd go well with his birthmark

See, I agree, but i draw the line at Bill Cypher tattoos.
I really cant fathom how that came to be.

Anonymity does weird things to people.

Cute, shame about the art style though

paz, just wants a kiss

Fan art of Gravity Falls in general, or of Padippica?

dipper & pacifica

what did i miss?

some edgy shit

Star vs. just entered a 3 month-long hiatus with a 3rd issue of the comic book 1 month away, SU is in hiatus as well and so on, and that's on top of many having been confirmed to end soon, such as AT, RS, and Gumball.

and since most discussion and speculation lasts about 3 days at most, we're left with nothing but threads like this

just replace it with some cute fluffy ones

>but other than that what makes this ship so damn popular?

- There are only 3 other female characters to pair Dipper with. Wendy the redneck slut who won't go out with him, Candy Chu the Asian who doesn't like him, and his own sister Mabel.

- Its cute, they look good together in fanart. They both have great interactions in Northwest Mansion Mystery.

-Usually the rich girl in cartoons just stays as a mean rich bitch the entire series. But not Pacifica, she redeems herself.

-They are a cute couple in fanfiction.

Stuffy rich girl and normal boy is such a cliche but it's so much more appealing than most other things in this show.

I mainly I just want a replacement female lead.

they also have some great back and forth dialogue, you could never imagine mabel being that sarcastic, and dipper would never go all out with his sick burns either

Mabel really is a shit.

>everything is on hiatus until February

kept alive only by the hope that it will still be good when it comes back

>yfw they still teased this even after the show ended.

Nigga did we watch the same shit? Mabel always turned Pacifica the other cheek. I distinctly remember Pacfica TRYING to piss off Mabel, but Mabel only giggled it off and took it as a compliment

The finale didn't disregard anything. She ended up friends with both of them when before she had hated their guts. That's development.

Just because these two were nice to each other for ten minutes in one episode half a season earlier doesn't mean they're going to get fucking married in the finale. Go cry to Tumblr about your half-assed ships.

I think it was more about Dipper being a lonely awkward 13 year old than about shipping him with Pacifica. Remember he obsessed over Wendy for half the series, then when she rejected him he began getting attracted to every girl he saw.

Dude's just a big pile of hormones right now. It doesn't mean true love. This is the same Dipper who had like five girlfriends in one episode, remember.

The twins are going back to GF next summer. This is just Alex hinting that their lives and friendships/relationships will continue on past the show.

Got a bigger version of this, or a sauce, user?

The sauce was all over her fat chest that night.

never underestimate how impactful a single episode, or even a single scene, can be
perspective can change in the blink of an eye

here you go user

They weren't girlfriends, they were just girls he flirted with to gain confidence.

this is cute, but would dipper try to hide it?

He made a big show of hating her for a while

Where is that one Dipcifica drawing where there adults, except for some reason Dipper is an elf?

yes, you are cancer.
it's Padippica.

probably some head canon about having his name and true form available to defend against him

Is that why she took that Kareoke challenge? Is that why she tried to be "normal" for an episode after Pacifica made fun of her? Is that why she called her a "Bleach blonde one dimensional valley girl stereotype" before challenging her to a mini golf game just so she could brag if she won?
Mabel was nice with Pacifica when they first met, but every time they saw each other after that they were at each others throats until the end of Golf Wars.
So no, nigga, I dont think we watched the same shit. It sounds to me like you skipped a few episodes.

I always assumed it was something billdip shippers came up with that caught too much traction.

Ironically, NWMM is regarded as the best episode of S2 and won an award, but is also the one episode that Alex had nothing to do with and allowed to happen on a whim due to Pacifica's popularity.

>but is also the one episode that Alex had nothing to do with and allowed to happen on a whim due to Pacifica's popularity.
Source? Doesn't Alex help write every episode?

He did, user is just furious because his waifu didn't get any recognition anymore after NMM

>NWMM is regarded as the best episode of S2 and won an award, but is also the one episode that Alex had nothing to do with
I wonder if he's salty.

after what happened, it does sound like she needed recognition