Unrealistic Things in Cartoons

>Everytime a character uses a desktop/laptop it's an Apple
>Everytime a character uses any computer, it has some version of Mac installed

Are cartoons financially bound to spread the "people actually use Apple" meme? Or are they actually that delusional? Or maybe since the cartoons are made overseas, the animators are don't know how to use real computers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UnRmSsckbnI
youtube.com/watch?v=2Em3vf0yozw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They probably just draw the computers they actually have, and a lot of animators use apples in college

>Boys vs Girls
>Girls don't lose and get immediately bitchy afterwards

Animators are the kind of people who make poor life choices and buy Macs.

>>>r/mra

>generic boys vs generic girls
>both sides become stereotypical for the episode

>wantto see it?
>>hey cool
>>ya
>cat pic
>meow
>>wha
is this a lewd joke?

Yes, the show has a few of them

'pussy'

>American school/university
>no shootings
Too soon?

pretty obvious lewd joke, but from the few episodes I've seen the creator seems to throw in quite a few. I remember seeing one where the teacher implied she was going to get some dick over the weekend

I've never seen a Mac.

Also this.

THey worked in Loss into a background
These guys know what they are doing

But it makes sense that a tardo like Bobby would use a Mac.

Static Shock.

>Yuropoor train stations/cities
>No terror attacks

Hm...

Alot of people in the industry that do art or animation generally use macs as they are considered better to use for art/animation programs. I know this because I worked in a graphic design office for 2 years and macs were what everyone had to use.

>someone gets shot
>it hurts, unlike on tv

The people involved in making TLH are skilled and enjoy old school innuendo. It's glorious.

>Macs are super good for art, guys!
>Implying they're not just blindly following the herd

Sick meme, sempai

I should really watch more episodes. It's refreshing to see a cartoon with some balls nowadays.

Pic related doesn't yell, "Allahu Ackbar" before detonating vest.

get out Sup Forums

>Patriotic black men
>Black men who fight crime

That's not even what he said though. He said "they are considered better to use for art/animation programs". He didn't say that they actually are any better, just that people believe they are. You're just looking to disagree with anyone you can.

They literally made a joke about 'balls' too

Lynn on the other hand has noticed a complete lack of balls.

I want to see pics.

I dunno OP, they got the sexting trollage down good.

(You)

Ah we're doing this joke again

Subtle. It took a while to notice it.
youtube.com/watch?v=UnRmSsckbnI

I never said I agree with that sentiment, I use a PC, but for work I had to use a mac because that's all they had in the office. The office I worked was literally called the "Mac Lab"

My personal guess is that they're copying the computers they have and use most of the time. Most creative industries are full of Macs. I've studied in 2 schools and worked in several creative jobs and all classrooms and offices been equipped with Macs. All of them. It's the reason I use a mac myself, because every single education course and job in this field I've ever been in has been using macs, so it's just easier to get used to it.

It's the computer of choice of the creative fields, especially movies / animation. It's a remnant from the time when macs actually were much better, had more animation program wrangling power and didn't crash as easily as pcs. It's just the industry standard.

I'm a pc fag myself but it's my understanding Apple Products are actually usefull for art and Design software

>Salah Al-Jazeera Abdi Mohammed stands up and raises her hand
>Your disrespectful, liberal institution of Satan is an abomination unto Allah and His judgement falls upon you infidels today
>"Allahu Ackbar!"
>Body parts lay strewn across the classroom
>Meanwhile on the news
>"...An explosion occurred today on a college campus today during a lecture. The cause and motive are unknown, but it is believed to have been caused by a disgruntled caucasian male who hates America."

>Cuck jokes
>Masculinity jokes
>Admitted exhibitionist and scat fetishist sister
>Lori has had multiple boyfriends and is in to anal
>LOSS
>Lori is a paper/sound fetishist
>Lori has an Irrumation fetish

Really, most of the adult jokes revolve around Lori. She's the fetish queen in the show, even though Lynn is the one with the most obvious fetish. Lori has everyone beat. Plus the christmas special was one big hint that Lori will dump Bobby at some point in S2. I'm hoping her new gag post Bobby will be having her talking to a new boyfriend each episode.

not an argument

i love how red-pill cucks believe this has ever happened

watch the endless reference to breitbart and other shit posters start and there will be 0 screencaps, or evidence besides the author telling them it happened

I olev it

>Worried about cartoon computers.
Jesus.

>Being this triggered about a muslim joke

GG

Welcome to Sup Forums, newfriend!

>Lori has had multiple boyfriends and is in to anal

wat

It's headcanon

This. Artists are usually fanboys.

It's not about being a fanboy, it's about macs being the industry standard

Is there any software that doesn't run on a windows pc?

AFAIK the industry standard runs on Windows too

Different person, but this guy is stating what the standard is, you're just insisting it should be something else

>Playing Video Game
>Controller has 2 buttons
>They just mash them all over the place

There must be some reason. You don't make a standard for random reasons. These computers are more expensive so there must be a good reason or the industry is run by retards.

Wow great argument fagtron you sure convinced me with those hot opinions

Ignore everyone who shouts MUH HEADCANON or MUH REACHING. It's directly stated in the show.

In Homespun, Lucy spies on Bobby in the bathroom and says, "So, you're Lori's new love interest." and Lori later says after her story, "Fortunately, our love was strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Including creepy sister who spy on my dates."

In Come Sale Away, Lori says, "Ugh. Why do you even have a butt if that's all you're going to do with it?"

>directly stated
>ignore everyone who corrects us

Possibly, but practically ALL of the schools preparing people for illustration / photography / graphic design / movies / animation etc run on macs afaik. As in, you'll be hard pressed to find a pc in the school building. You study there for years, start looking for work - and every single workplace, ad / creative agency, studio, media house; they all run on macs, and only macs.

At that point, using a pc becomes being an edgy contrarian just for the sake of making a muh pc master race fanboy stand. It's a pointless hassle. You try to ask for tips from your more experienced colleagues, and they're all like "lol I haven't used a pc for serious work in 15 years I have no idea where you find this on a pc" or whatever. External hard drives aren't compatible. All day erry day you'd be reminded that you're choosing to be an edgy special snowflake just to be different.

The reason is that at some point, macs apparently were indeed better for creative work. It's why people in creative industries regardless of country chose to use them even though they were so much more expensive, because they didn't crash (as easily) and they ran the heavy animation / design softwares better.
Possibly today, PCs have gotten better and macs have gotten shittier, and the difference isn't as palpable any more - but everyone's been trained and gotten used to macs, all the workplaces and schools are equipped with macs, and it's gonna take something drastic to make the industry collectively shift to pcs. It could happen, sure, but the situation currently is what it is.

I'm not saying that macs are necessarily superior, but in my (personal) experience they're an overwhelming industry standard. And so, when animators are trying to draw someone using a computer, they'll look at their own computers for reference, which are macs, because ever since they first got into design school they've been surrounded by macs, and in their sphere it's the norm.

You already speak mac newspeak.
Macs are PCs. Again. Macs are PCs.
Don't buy their PR bullshit.

It's like saying No it's no smartphone it's an iphone. That's just nonsense.

Not exclusive to cartoons but computers beep a lot, especially when characters type on the keyboard.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!
Original AND clever :)

This never happens, buddy

I can give you the exact timestamps if you need to confirm it. There isn't anything to correct when it's flat out stated in the show. Anyone who tries to counter argue what is directly stated is a fucking idiot trying to force their own headcanons.

>Homespun lines
Lucy's comment - 3:50
Lori's comment - 4:00

>Come Sale Away line
Lori's comment - 10:19

If you'd like Lori's line on being cummed inside, Cover Girls - 3:12

OP you have never been outside, we all use apple here.

Macs are PCs like Power Wheels are cars. Don't insult PCs by comparing them to that kiddy trash.

Macs are more like Minis. Over-priced small cars.

It's either they don't know better or the animators are just taking shortcuts.

>External hard drives aren't compatible.
Nigger are you stupid? External drives are 100% universal. What you mean to say is that NTFS and HFS+ configured drives aren't compatible, which is only partially true. NTFS/HFS+ drives are read only on the counterpart operating systems, but can easily be bypassed and become full read/writeable with freeware programs.

Don't be a fucking twat. I get you want to be smart and act like you know shit, but don't do it on a site where most people have a grasp on computer basics.

Next you'll actually believe that macs and PCs are internally different outside of their OS, meaning that you can't use x motherboard and y CPU because it's not compatible with Z operating system.

And just so you know, the Windows OS is more universally supported than the Mac OS. If you can't find a program compatible with both OSes, you can find a near identical program that works on your OS.

>small
Try again

Engineers, developers, and such use PC(linux/windows) because it works and is cheap, therefore efficient.

Designers use Macs because they're pretty and trendy.

One is a machine used to carry out a specific purpose. The other is a fashionable art object. End of story.

>muslim women
>doing anything
I'm pretty sure only men are allowed to become suicide bombers.

>mac
>doesn't work

Under-powered cars.

>doesn't know how to flip a pic
>no ad block

Typical mac user.

>giving money to Sup Forums is bad
>oh no he can't flip a picture what a retard even tho he has AVG

>underpowered
>8 GB of RAM
One more chance

What, do you not know what AVG is?

While not a school shooter, Batman Beyond had an episode revolving around a bullied kid who developed powers and in a later epispde became buff and terrorized the kids at his school.

8 GB is the minimum to not be shit anymore. Hardly something to brag about.

Wow. 2013 called.

Also:
>RAM means power.

>Richie
Speaking of nerds getting bullied,
>it's a "this is what could happen if the character life took a dark path" episode
That school shooter was Richie in an alternate reality if Virgil never befriended him and he became a loner.

it does tho
Are you admitting it's not shit?

Steven Universe is not progressive enough for you?

And, Gumball had its fair share of adult oriented humour too,
>that episode where Gumball fellatio his friend in the bathroom stall

also, it's a 2013 computer retard

youtube.com/watch?v=2Em3vf0yozw
CUTE AND PERFECT

Women do occasionally. Mostly because they're unlikely to be as thoroughly screened as men, especially by other Muslims who would consider it extremely inappropriate/uncomfortable to ask a woman what's going on under her clothes.

But mostly they prey on people with disabilities who just don't know any better, or they find some desperate/depressed/childless/jobless/neckbeard sap and promise to pay his family thousands of dollars in exchange for him offing himself under the idea that then he'll be of some use to someone. Lots are also blackmailed in a , "Suicide bomb yourself or we'll kill you and your family," situation.

So even for guys, it's not exactly a plum job. If you get chosen, it's probably the highlight of your life.

>I get you want to be smart and act like you know shit

Nah, not at all. I'm just telling you what my experience has been.

Again, I'm not saying that macs are superior or better or whatever. Just that everyone in the field uses macs, and so not using a mac means there'll be issues with compatibility with everyone else in the field, however small. Also you'll look unprofessional. It's not about whether or not macs are better or more efficient or shit. But they are the standard, and the force of habit is strong. I'm sure it's easy to shout from the sidelines when you're surrounded by people who are also using pcs, but the desire to conform to the norm is strong in humans.

>depressed people are never seen happy
depression has its lows and highs
there's also fact that depression is not an emotion. it's lack of emotions.

>>Come Sale Away line
Lori was talking about dancing, not anal.

>If you'd like Lori's line on being cummed inside, Cover Girls - 3:12
Possibly about sex since Lori is thinking about being a mother.

As someone who has worked in Illustration, Graphic Design, and IT, I can already tell you that's bullshit. Mac's weren't the universal standard, it was the programs we used that mattered. We were set up with the full Adobe suite, which as you should know, is compatible with both Mac and Windows.

I'll agree that a lot of corporations use Macs, but not because they are better than Windows PCs, but because they're a status symbol. You outfit your organization with Macs, it's a sign you have money. With a Mac you pay for the brand name, not the quality. And you'd be surprised how many people flat out dual boot their Mac PCs with a Windows OS. But when it comes down to it, most of corporate america will use a Windows PC over a Mac because of cost issues.

Again, Macs are for wagging your dick about. Windows PCs are the superior and more cost effective solution that most of corporate america uses.

But then if you want to get extremely cost effective, you buy a cheap PC and slap a Mac OS in it. THAT is probably what you mean. A lot of animation/imaging companies will take the cheap solution of barebones parts that'll run exactly what they need to, and slap a Mac OS on it because a Mac key is cheaper than a Windows key, even if you go bulk enterprise solution.

So once again, not about compatibility but about cost. You're either working for a corp that likes to flap it's dick around, or a place going full tightass and slapping the cheapest possible solution together. And even then, it boils down to what program you use, and most of the time it's the Adobe suite. Usually pirated.

Go outside for once, tumblr fatty. Not everyone is equal.

Fucking aussie.

whenever I see a Mac OS style interface in a cartoon, I just like to think everybody's just super into mac-style linux distros. makes me hate them less.

Zoktopia actually got this pretty right though, with that one bit where the polar bear is going through what's clearly an android phone, right down to the circle home button and the different computers and such. Gotta give them a bit of credit for that.

That's great, your experience has been different than mine, then. Which is great, as I'm sure loads of freelancers and poor students etc would be pleased to see the cheaper option become more prevalent.

We're talking about subtle adult jokes. That means these are lines thrown in to humor adults, and things kids wouldn't understand.

Just like how in Ties That Bind, Dad was talking about a white hare tie, but it was a joke about Lincoln's true parentage. Or in Space Invaders, when Lynn says that there is a distinct lack of balls in the room. Of course she meant sporting equipment, but that's not the joke, is it? And yes, the line from cover girls was a direct joke about pregnancy. Lori takes Lily on the picnic with Bobby because she wants to see how he handles babies. You know, for the future. Meaning she had the full intention of having sex for the sake of procreation with Bobby. But this was before Study Muffin changed the game on their relationship, and they're keeping what they started rolling even in S2, as evidenced by 11 Louds a Leapin'.

I'm so sorry that you can't appreciate the subtle adult humor when it's thrown in unless it's flat out explained to you directly. I truly am. You probably missed the joke about Lynn liking when everyone knows she's on the toilet and can see and hear exactly what she's doing in there.

T-That just means she's a fan Motörhead, r-right?

I never watched it but the art style in this cartoon is brilliant.

>characters play what is clearly a PS4 or other modern gaming system
>*BLEEP BLOOP* pacman noises

This guy needs to get laid.