Let's be honest, Bryce actually had the best card

Let's be honest, Bryce actually had the best card.

Paul Allen's was objectively the best card. I don't know what the fuck Bryce was doing.

This.

He didn't need to impress anybody with some shitty construction paper texture

Yes. Their cards are all shit though because they all misspelled "acquisitions".

>4 vice presidents
>all share the same phone number

New card, what do you think?

clean design, consistent with the company's branding, zero clutter
10/10 would hire again

Allen's is best, followed by Bateman. The texture on Patten's is nice but the text is arranged in a bland, unstriking manner. Bryce's looks like toilet paper.

They are aiming for the same position that likely has a static phone number.

The number is probably to the front desk that routes to their secretary.

5, there's also Luis

That makes sense, but as VPs they should still all have their own extensions, or better yet, direct dial in numbers.

they all look the same

Thats part of the satire of the film

Just collecting my dubs and (you)s thanks.

Are you blind?

Oh my god

They're all very different and Patrick's is the second worst only to Paul Allen's.

are you? they're the exact same shit, different names

Paul Allen's card > Van Patten's card > Bryce's card > Patrick Bateman's card

Bateman's card would be number 1 but the font ruins it by making the numbers look all fucked up and off center. It's stupid because the lettering of the font looks better than any of the other cards, but the numbers look all jumbled up. Also the phone number and the Pierce & Pierce name should be bordering the top of the card, like how the address borders the bottom. That extra space makes it look awful and asymmetrical.

Bryce's card has a similar problem but without the fucked up numbers. Both Bryce's and Van Pattens cards also look textured like they were printed on some weird cardboard shit, but I haven't made up my mind on whether or not that's actually a bad thing.

What do you think Sup Forums?

Allen's is the only one with non-dogshit text hierarchy: Everyone else's contact information is just a mashed up mess at the bottom of the card.
That said, Allen's choice of typeface sucks –copperplate gothic is bog-standard, but all the random differences in sizes, capitalization, and bolding make the card look schizophrenic. Bateman's is much better in this regard (except for the missing space after the ampersand in "Pierce & Pierce.")
I'll defend Bryce's to an extent; it's modern-looking and kind of cool. That said, it's not suitable for finance, and it suffers from the same readability issues as Bateman and Van Patten's.

>he literally thinks text figures are "fucked up"
Are you a fucking idiot mate?

>toilet paper texture buisness card
>objectively the best anything

You have a point. Especially about the space up top.

Bateman's card looks the cheapest.

Have we ever seen Luis card?

it looks stupid. Why don't the tops and bottoms of the numbers all line up? How could anyone find this appealing? And why is the number 1 just an uppercase 'i'?

What's the point, there's no contact information.

Newman will contact you.

>all the plebs ITT

Louis had the best card; Bateman almost killed him out of envy.

what kind of shit is this

That's worse than Bryce's and his was printed on toilet paper.

This is the best

I just watched this movie for the first time two days ago, I was disappointed at how short and inconsequential the card scenes actually were.

Too much space in the header. Van Patten's card is the better of that style, but the single line across the bottom is no good. Double line as seen in Paul Allen's card is traditional, keeps the center alignment better, and is easier for the eye to discern relevant info. I want Van Patten's card with a double line address splitting between zip code and FAX.

It would be the best card if not for the green and gold lettering - it looks like he's trying too hard. It's the cheap trick of a salesman, not a vice president.

user, I have an 8:30 reservation at Dorsia. Would you like to join me?

That's not how you spell David Van Patten

Van Patten > all

Holy shit, how did someone not catch this?

My interpretation is that Bateman actually has four personalities that he is constantly conflicting with. As he states in the beginning in the movie that 'he simply isn't there', and other character's difficulty to tell these personalities apart (as shown by the ending) enforces this. Perhaps the Paul Allen personality is what the idea of Patrick Bateman strives to be, by taking his place. When he decides to come forward about Paul Allen's murder, nobody actually believes him, meaning that the conflict between Bateman and Allen killed both, and the constant fight or lack of catharsis for a dominant personality still goes on.

>san serif font

Perfectly fine for a real estate agent or lemonade stand

dubs

In an investment bank, there's as many VPs as you want it to be. It's more of a status/rank, like analyst and associate is, than an actual position. Usually you'd be VP within five to six years of working there. Not that it matters anyways, since they're all under the authority of an MD.

Wait I thought they were all up to the job of VP and thats why they had the cards
It's been like 5 years though

Given their age, it's possible that they were all VPs. The thing they were competing for was running so and so merger or deal, which is where the real prestige is in M&A.

The business cards are all basically identical. The layout on each one is the exact same, its only minor details like font and materials that separate them. The whole point of the scene is to show how these executives are ruthlessly competitive with each other. They all think they are just a little bit better than the other guys despite the fact that they're just copying what the others do.

that's literally what business cards are dumbass
should one of them have had his name on a gold chain around his neck or something? the minor details are what determine whether it's good or bad, since any bigger deviation from the norm would be tacky and embarrassing

>paper
bateman
>lettering colour
bryce
>name font
bryce
>other text
allen
prove me wrong faggots

jesus christ Bateman what the fuck is going on with the the numbers on your card why are the font sizes so inconsistent and misaligned no wonder everyone at P&P thinks youre autistic and couldnt hurt a fly

what

>dorsia

I don't believe you.

It fits in with the theme of dumb people being successful because of their daddys and the people they know.

Bryce is clearly the most easily read at a glace.

>Truly important cards bear only names: No title, no addresses, no number you should call.

> it's modern-looking and kind of cool
>a fucking business card

How did you end up here, gramps?

Kill yourself and then permanently fuck off back to /utg/ where you came from.

Clearly superior

why the fuck would you give out your direct line on a business card. you want potential business to have to go through your secretary.

Allen > Bateman > Patten > Bryce

Bryce's looks the least dated because sans serif fonts are currently in style.

I actually like Patrick’s card the most.
Simple, elegant, good font with nice size, and the embossed texture make it feel luxurious.

Allen’s is trash, literally Batman and Roin font.
Hod, i hate 20Th Century Gothic, if you think it’s a good font you should kill yourself.

Well, I think we can all agree that Bryce and Van Patten had the worst cards. That texture looks like shit. Why would you use textured paper on a business card? And IMO Patrick's is the only one that doesn't look cheap, despite the fucked lettering.

what kind of company has 4 vice presidents?
there's a spacing error in Patrick's card, so I'd give it to Paul here.

Vice President is just a position title, it's not like the Vice President of the United States.

My father is one of like 50 VPs at his company. It's the equivalent of a shift manager.

Bateman's is objectively the best.

>tasteful serif font (caslon or something?)
>tasteful use of small caps in the logo in the top-right

Definitely the best one. The font is everything.

As an actual graphic designer you have no idea how mad this scene and these threads make me, even knowing perfectly well the entire book was a cover to cover troll and the scene is self-aware

I'm a Grapic Designer too, i agree they're all hideous, but Bateman's card was the best.
Allen's an abomination.

Paul Allen's is the best, just look at the digits

>Bateman
Phone number is all over the place.
Too much white space at the top.
Name and position don't stand out from one another while at the same time complimenting one another.

>Bryce
Cheap cardboard type texture with no clean patter. That's just trying too hard.
Excessive white space at the top.
Same problem with name and position as Bateman but not a severe.

>Patten
Cheap cardboard texture but at least it has a consistent pattern.
Bad font choice. The t's in "PATTEN" blend together.
Again the same problem with name and position.

>Allen
Perfect margins.
Perfect font.
No cheap cardboard texture.
Name stands out over position but the two compliment one another.

Paul Allen has the best card. Pattens' card is passable. Bryce and Batemans' cards are throw it in the bin tier.

what triggers me about Allen ist that he uses a larger font for his last name?

what the fuck is that

holy fuck they all have it

ALL OF THEM

Jesus guys, getting digits ain't hard

Impressive...Very nice.

We need a higher res image, this doesn't do any of the cards justice.

***OFFICIAL***

Allen > Bateman > Bryce > Van Patten

>the only aspect of American Psycho Sup Forums can discuss are the business cards
lel
also Bateman > Allen > Van Patten > Bryce

Is it autism?

>plebs not understanding the scene

the whole point of Bateman obsessing over Allen's card was because it was more bland than Bateman's. Bryce and Patten have the best cards because of the design, Bateman's and Allen's are bland, white, and virtually identical aside from some font differences.

>Bryce and Patten have the best cards

I think you're the one not getting it.
They're ALL the same, you stupid idiot, that's the point.

>aquisitions

Allen>Bateman>Bryce>van Patten

>falling for the texture meme
Allen > Bateman > Bryce > Van Patten > > > > Carruthers

Bryce's card is actually more attractive than Bateman's in a number of ways, but is ultimately let down by his misguided use of textured card stock. Where Bryce's color and typeface are otherwise solid, Bateman's are comparatively poor, appearing both gaudy and worn (his "bone" white looks more discolored than anything). Carruthers, meanwhile, has a meme card.

Clearly though, Paul Allen's card is superior in both form and function to all of the others.

Get out of here you fucking pleb.

I like Van Patten's cardstock best, but Bateman has the best printing and font.
But I dislike what they do with their last names.

>bryce anywhere but last
literally the card of a faggot

van patten = bateman > allen > bryce

i really want to go for Bateman's card, but the numbering on it fucks it up beyond belief, so I'll have to go for Paul Allen's. The other two has a shitty texture and and Bryce's font is a complete nail on the coffin for me.

I'm not even going to acknowledge Luis's dorky card

BUT WHO WAS PHONE

how are they all the vice president? I don't understand

The more I keep looking at it the more I like Bateman's font. But the empty space on the top completely kills it.

Exactly.
Bryce and Patten's are automatic trash-tier and it figures they would pat each other on the back. Bateman's could be good but he's still trying too hard with that obnoxious sunk lettering and the contrast between uppercase and "lowercase" in that font is too high.

Related: the entire practice of using fonts with caps in both cases is negated and destroyed by that RETARDED convention of writing the first name normally and the last name in all caps. I hope whoever thought that up died painfully.

>And why is the number 1 just an uppercase 'i'?
Because that's how the Romans did it

Think like "Assistant Manager".
It's a step above the peons.

Bateman by far.

What happens if the president dies then if there are 5-6 vice presidents?

> he doesn't know that there are upper and lowercase numbers