What does Sup Forums think of superjail?

What does Sup Forums think of superjail?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=clAbXGYzRVs
youtube.com/watch?v=lNnUJNInoqk
youtube.com/watch?v=9XEQUxFrPOI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I could never get into the series because it disappointed me in comparison to the pilot.

In the pilot there was this neat dynamic of not knowing if the warden was a mad genius or just an insane idiot. In the series he's just some prick.

>What does Sup Forums think of superjail?

It paved the way for Mr. Pickles to be greenlit, so it cannot be good by any account.

I miss the first season.

But superjail is completely different from mister pickles

It's amazing. One of the best cartoons ever. I love the madcap violence, the psychedelic insanity, the fact that if you blink you'll miss some of the intensely paced visual gags. I love the 'anything goes' attitude. I love the animation.

I really don't get why other cartoons like ATHF are so much more popular, they don't really do anything for me. I must be wired differently or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=clAbXGYzRVs

Intense visuals with minimal substance.
I fucking loved it.

But Superjail is literally better than Mr. Pickles in every aspect.

Mr. Pickles is what happens when you try to half-ass superjail.

>Guys, there's a little girl here!
>
>And she's UNDER-AGED!
Truly a series that understood the heart of Sup Forums.

Mr. Pickles is what happens when you completely misunderstand Superjail/Metalocalypse/Aqua Teen and think that characters getting brutally murdered is the focus of the cartoon rather than just being a consequence of the characters being morons

>cancelled in a cliffhanger
why

So did it get canceled?

I was disappointed with the Warden as well, but I thought the first season was ok, but every season after was worse. The last one was just depressingly awful.

Beautifully animated, over the top violence that was surprisingly well choreographed and plots that acted as little more than breaks and background noise to the violence.
Overall, bretty gud/10, you could tell they were running out of ideas during the second season so I'm fine that it ended where it did.

To make room for Mr. Pickles.

I still say the Warden is what you get when you mix Gendo Ikari with Willy Wonka.

youtube.com/watch?v=lNnUJNInoqk

I honestly kind of preferred the competent-but-unhinged Warden we had in the pilot as opposed to the incompetent manchild Warden we got in the series proper.

They were both great but the Warden actually managing to spook the Twins in the pilot was fucking great.

>Mr. Pickles is what happens when you try to half-ass superjail.

But this is also the reason why Superjail! is partially responsible for this animated atrocity - obviously someone at Turner tried to bank on Superjail's notoriety by churning out a show that is at least vaguely similar.

SuperJail is pretty interesting from a sociological perspective, it could've been way better written, though.

fuck this gay ass earth

X is good and enjoyable
Someone tries to emulate X for profit
Emulation is shit
Blame X
Lets say I serve someone a tasty fucking hamburger; it's cooked medium well, the condiments are ideal, the cheese is ideal, the bun is ideal. Does that mean my hamburger is responsible for every other medium well hamburger out there?

It was modern slapstick of Tom & Jerry quality.

I think its a crazy fun cartoon to watch.

Sort of an inverted Venture Bros in that the pilot was better than the show itself.

Still a good show, though it gave diminishing returns as it went on.

THIS

they changed his character from a menacing genius manchild to the butt of every joke, the more the series advances the more you wonder why the Warden is even the one in charge

>I hope you're cream-filled

every time

I think the further the show deviated from the original vision for the Warden the worse it got. Part of the reason the first season was pretty good was because it still had a bit of back-and-forth as to whether or not the Warden really was just some manchild idiot or if he actually knew way more than he let on. The finale for the first season is probably the best example of this, even though the Warden is still goofy as fuck he brings out the menace he had in the pilot and periodically throughout the season.

When they dropped that entirely for the next couple seasons the show fucking suffered, especially since it wasn't just the Warden who got shafted in the characterization department.

Too over the top

Great show

Well I can tell ya this OP. Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.

I want to cuddle with Alice.

>hether or not the Warden really was just some manchild idiot or if he actually knew way more than he let on
I don't know, I always got the distinct impression that he was just an insane magic entitity, and as the show went on it got pretty much confirmed (like in s4 where he burns down superjail, and then the next episode takes place immediately after and has him trying to ban smoking because smoker burned superjail down) , so I never had your issue with it.

great show
I remember when I was in high school and took my second acid ever on a sunday evening not knowing I wouldn't be able to sleep, so I spent the whole night watching superjail!, good times

OH LIFE ON THE OUTSIDE AIN'T WHAT IT USED TO BE

I want to make The Mistress moan

THE WORLD'S GONE CRAZY AND IT AIN'T SAFE ON THE STREETS

AS fifth best show.

FROG BASEBALL

Good show.

I want to make sweet and safe sex with the warden

WELL IT'S A DRAG AND I KNOW

Great animation

youtube.com/watch?v=9XEQUxFrPOI

I want The Mistress to step on my dick with her high heel boots.

>I remember when I was in high school

>look up premiere
>next year will be 10 years after it aired

god why

Just wait until we have the same kind of posts when venture Bros ends... I mean, fuck it started in 2004.

>Superjail is almost ten years old
>Venture bros is 12 years going
>Xbox 360 came out 11 years ago
>Adventure time, Regular Show and SU are all six years old

Fuck me, I fell old now

THERE'S ONLY ONE PLACE TO GO

I'M COMIN' HOME.

>Adventure time, Regular Show and SU are all six years old

WHOA YEAH, I'M COMIN' HOME

>SU is 6 years old
Calm down friend

Overall, pretty fun, though psychedelic super violence is clearly a very niche area, and I could understand why plenty of people would, to put it nicely, not care for it.

Hnnnnnghh

UNF

>wanting Alice's sloppy seconds