What exactly was the point of MJ working for Stark Industries? It didn't really make any sense...

What exactly was the point of MJ working for Stark Industries? It didn't really make any sense, and she didn't do anything to justify her presence, much less fulfill the role that Tony claimed he hired her for. And now that Tony is "dead" she'll do even less.
Oddly enough, Slott did more with this plot than Bendis did.

To piss you off.

No seriously, that's the most likely reason.

Its Bendis he did this for attention,like bringing ultimate Peter back only to toss him out,making kitty pryde star lord for a while,killing war machine,shipping ms marvel with miles,shipping Spider Gwen with Miles,it's not for plot progression or story.He gets his controversial cover for the internet to blow up and but his books,it's how Bendis gets an audience.

Ah yes, the Tom Brevoort method.

To try and increase Iron Man sales. Didnt work out as they had planned. So Doom and ReeRee are replacing him.

Not surprising. Slott is a better writer than Bendis. Say what you will about how he writes his plots, at least he understands story progression, and gives his characters some sort of motivation to act how they do. It might not always be good motivation, but it's better that "I did it because the plot told me to". He also, makes some effort to research a character before using them.

Plus, I enjoyed Slott in his prime much more than Bendis. He was a lot funnier too

to piss off us white boyeez?

That's Bendis for you: all flash, little substance

Because Bendis comes up with ideas that might have promise and even gives a passable outline of them in initial interviews, but fails to actualize any plots/character development in the book itself by the time he leaves.

I liked how Slott had Peter point out the fact that Tony seemed to have forgotten that Peter and MJ used to live at Avengers Tower with Tony, something that Bendis completely ignored despite that plot development having been written by Bendis himself.

I don't think anyone truly knows what is and is not canon anymore thanks to OMD.

Not even Quesada

she is pratically a background character in IM.

When you list all those out it's incredible how insubstantial they all feel. Killing Rhodey just to give RiRi the spotlight, this isn't take-a-penny leave-a-penny.

Isnt it the same with all bendis plots?
Is it just me or has he actually became worse the last couple of years

Those events were canon, that had been established several times. It's just that Tony doesn't remember it as Peter being Spider-Man, he remembers it as Peter working for him at Avengers Tower, and living there with his girlfriend.

Iron Man is dead again?

Isn't MJ like 30 now? She doesn't really strike me as a selfie queen

To make you scared they would fuck

His body was apparently destroyed, but his mind lives on in an AI.

>much less fulfill the role that Tony claimed he hired her for
What was that exactly?

Brevoort outright said that only the marriage changed but everything else somehow happened.

Make everyone worried that Tony would cuck spider-man

I think he was on a decline since Avengers Disassembled (though I still liked Ultimate Spider-Man) but going back and reading the Avengers stuff, his New Avengers/Dark Avengers wasn't that good but it was far better than any Avengers did post-Siege.

Age of Ultron was the worst of his events up until Civil War II was out.

Marvel can't write interesting stories so they just toss around their franchises and brands and haphazardly mix them together to try and take advantage of everyone being in a shared universe.
>okay it's Iron Man...but we put a SPIDER MAN character in his book! Because they exist in the same world but we often don't associate the two!

Wasn't it JMS who wrote that? Or did Bendis come up with the idea and JMS came up with the reason?

Bendis also promised he would revitalize Iron Man's rogues gallery by revamping old villains and introducing new ones.
Guess how that worked out.

Carol did the deed

Fisting session with Carol gone wrong

Wait, Ironman, who can take on cosmic beings and use suits to fight people like Hulk and Thor, lost to Carol? Bullshit!

Bendis and the power of third wave feminism

Carol is really powerful.

And honestly Ironman isn't really very good against the likes of Hulk, his literal super hulkbuster armor created to bust the hulk is a massive jobber.

And vs Thor, well...

Wasn't Thor amp'd up with Odinforce at that point in time? Not that I doubt he could beat Ironman anyways.

>Spider-Gwen got BLACKED

Wew lad.

So are they a couple now? Does this mean Gwen will stay in Earth-616 for Miles? I couldn't stomach the first issue of his new run so I'm ignorant of the developments

Wait, seriously?

Bendis.

There was no point to anything in this short, sad, shitty run.

Fuck Bendis.

It's literally nothing. At least if that happened i'd actually remember the issues. Why did you trust a cover?

Iron Man has been jobbing so much in recent years. It is a thorn in my flesh.

>Normal armor is about a quarter inch thick
>Yields Class 100 strength
>Hulkbuster somehow is not orders of magnitude more powerful

Mind you. Carol is no pushover.

Is Miles the king of misleading covers for cheap sales? There was also that cover of him fighting Space Knight Venom.

In the practical sense he is. We have no confirmation whether he is literally dead yet.

Carol beated his cock

I think what pisses me off most - as an armor nut - is how the new armor was introduced and hyped, and in the end it didn't make a goddamn difference.

Bendis. Bendis. Bendis. What is the Satanic hold he has on these people? Why does he keep getting away with it?

He's being overworked despite how little effort he puts in. You'll notice that his already bad standards massive drop and decompression increases the more books he's on at once.
You are severely underestimating what happens when Carol snaps.
One origin story for some brood enemies i vaguely recall had them survive Carol because they accidentally fell deep below the mantle into some secret cavern thing while she was MELTING THE PLANET to exterminate all of the Brood.

Well, she is channelling the power of a STAR...

...Is that still a thing? And if not, then how the fuck is she as strong as she is?

She was depowered from binary form at some point but then got revealed to be halfassing it the entire time at what we thought was her normal power level.
Then it turns out that she can assume binary as a transformation if you shove some energy at her.
Stark pulled some bullshit about feeding her bad energy the last time she fought but she's not completely stupid enough to fall for it a second time the day after.
If you tally up all of her powers in standard form nowadays she is and has not remotely lost her former status as a cosmic being. Stark is extremely lucky that Carol has been mindwiped enough times to actually put up with his bullshit instead of immediately Baneing him.
TLDR if Carol was smarter everyone would be far more terrified.

Cucking spiderman

Tony has been fucking MJ twice daily on her coffee break

Slott stop posting on Sup Forums

> Peter uncharacteristically becomes Tony stark
> mj uncharacteristically gets a job at stark industries
When will this ride end

Parker Industries sucks so much. Fuck those spider vehicles hes throwing around.

I just want that entire company to crash and burn, only leave Horizon University standing.

Peter could totally live off from the profit of his utility watch to fund his Spider activities and go be Spider-Man as long as he wants with no schedule problems , Living a double life with a job ALWAYS fucks him up.

Because modern Marvel writing is click bait consisting of throwing random shit against a wall and having nothing stick.