Is it better to have a half-smart, entry-level philosophical show on TV or to have non at all?

is it better to have a half-smart, entry-level philosophical show on TV or to have non at all?

I turned myself into a sponge morty, I'm SpongeBob unfunny meme rickkkk

no

I'd be fine with it if you children would stop spamming it outside of Sup Forums

>entry-level philosophical
It's not philosophical, it just uses some scientific and philosophical concepts to make jokes.
Why is everybody in the world so fucking retarded

>Why is everybody in the world so fucking retarded
because there aren't more smart shows on TV...
that's the point

Rick Sanchez closed the big Dank Reddit Memes book. It slammed shut with a loud bang, and a huge cloud of dust came from the old pages. Rick Sanchez put the book back into the bookcase in the living Room, next to 666 copies of Harry Poter and the Deathly Hallows, the best political book ever written. As Rick Sanchez went to bed he smiled at the book and said,

"Wuba Duba Flub Flub GODS NOT REAL"

When he woke up the next hour, the magic book had granted his wish, and a YLYL Banana and a Shit bucket were next to his bed. Rick Sanchez hugged the old Dank Reddit Memes book, and a flock of 69 seagulls flew into the window, to show him where to go fuck him self.

>scientific and philosophical concepts to make jokes.
Since when has this show ever been scientific?

>implying smarter tv shows would make people less retarded
You're really fucking stupid, do you know that?

You have absolutely horrible reading comprehension.

it's not my fault; it's the TVs fault :(

Venture Bros

Touche, CheckMateists.

People just aren't used to cartoons having good writing.

>uses an anime image board
>doesn't watch anime

Don't dodge the question reddit. If this show where scientific or philosophical (besides the atheistic nihilism) it would use it in its jokes. I have seen many of the episodes (mainly S1 and S3) Where does it use it in its jokes.

>he says unironically on an anime image board
I envy you guys. All of that unwatched 11/10 material.

ah, too bad, they're all in season 2

>Don't dodge the question reddit. If this show where scientific or philosophical
I T I S N ' T
That was my whole point, you retard.
>It's not philosophical

Half smart.
But it makes people MORE MAD so "none at all" will be a popular answer.

name ONE (1) example of good anime writing
and if you say death note or Neon genesis evangelion i'm going to hunt you down and suffucate you with your waifu pillow

None. Everytime I watch an episode I am reminded of its weak nihilistic understanding and hogwash pseudoscience. Makes me gag.

R&m is worth having around solely because of how mad it makes half the people on this board

>good anime writing
Are we talking story or dialogue? Anime almost never has good dialogue, it's always cheesy as fuck

Well Evangelion would be a perfectly fine example, an incredible one at that hence it's impact on the medium(Sup Forums probably wouldn't exist without it), but I could also say Arslan Senki, LoGH, Cardcaptor Sakura, Orgel, Utena, Grimgar, Berserk, Gunbuster, Strange Dawn, Ys, Onihei, Nadia, etc. etc. I could keep going and this isn't dipping even into comedy and SoL. Don't want to spoonfeed you too much.

Tons of envy.

the whole simulated reality episode for example?
No groundbreaking and mindblowing stuff.. but they do work atleast with loads of sciFi tropes. And most of them have some philosophical/scientific background

Correction: translations rarely have good dialogue.

Evangelion is a masterpiece of plot and character writing. Grow up a bit.

>moving goalposts
Why are weebs so predicable?

LoGH is the only one with good writing (to a certain point at least; it becomes goofy as time progresses)

Everybody in this thread defending NGE as being smart/good written is just as bad as all the Rick and Morty spammers

Can't really take anyone seriously that says Eva has bad writing. Compared to what?

ghost stories dub is better than any original japanese dialogue in anime

You've watched maybe one or two series from what I listed.

>Compared to what?
that's my problem; i don't like anything >:(

>implying

half of anime dialogue sounds like a horny mentally challenged teenager talking to a drugged up drnk girl who is like 12. the other half is the usual nani bakana yamero shit in battle oriented series, there is literally nothing else. Sometimes you have good shit like Monster, but its almost alwyas trash

Ghost stories dub isn't even better than the japanese dialogue in it's own show. Just different and hilarious. They butchered all of the characters except Hajime with shoehorned personalities. Hajime's personality ended up being way better in the dub, though. Satsuki was alright in both.

>I T I S N ' T
>That was my whole point, you retard.

Im fucking laughing now, I guess my reading comprehension does suck. I guess that means I need another coffee then.

oh shit i overread Nadia
That's indeed a great anime; despite all the waifufagottry and filler

Do you speak Japanese? Translations don't do the dialogue justice, particularly CR ones which are a majority of what you see these days.

>anime image board
>actually thinks anime has worthwhile writing

i can't take anyone seriosly that says NGE has
A) good character development
B) a deep story

the animation is beautiful, the pacing is nice and they perfectly incorporate forshadowing. So from a technical standpoint it's perfectly written. But in what most of the fans (see B) praise it for and what the author intended it to be (see A) it completely fails in my oppinion

Cowboy Bebop is an excellent dub; arguably superior to the original voices.

So are the guys stuttering every word and the girls speaking/screaming in such a high pitched voice my speakers are blowing up are really having a very deep and interesting discussion that the translation didn't catch up?

>88010313
Not the right website for (no you).

Character development and a deep story are not requirements for a series with good writing. These are not a focus of the narrative. The characters themselves are written masterfully, though.

No, but nothing inferior to the meme dialogue which gets a little cringy sometimes. And momoko actually has a very charming character in the japanese version, something she doesn't have at all in the dub.

what's worse

Sup Forums posters being militant about subs>>>dubs
or /lit/ posters being militant about starting with the greeks and reading it IN GREEK
or muslims insisting the q'uran can only be understood in arabic and all translations are wrong?

But R&M doesn't try to be philosophical. I never got the fanwank about LMAO MUH NIHILISM in this show. It's just over the top sci-fi adventures. It's not smart, and it's even pedestrian for the people who's already into sci-fi and histories with alternate timelines.

subtitles are in english too, genius.

Nobody's telling you to learn japanese to watch japanese stuff. I'm telling you that you're an idiot for judging japanese dialogue quality without knowing japanese.

Animefags are embarrassing.

yeah. All those english translation of Grimms fairy tails personally offend me as a german. They could never capture the nuance of the german language. All those Amicucks not getting them or ridiculing them just don't get it because they don't know german.

and then they DARE to make fun of the beautifully soft and easy german language!!

A stuttering squeak of a response. Wouldn't have even noticed if my magnifying glass wasn't over you at the time.

You don't think there was character development in NGE? Did you even watch it

Listen. It's not for educational purposes. It has some good laughs, we need more off-color humor in the mind control era.