Started season 2 yesterday. Why the fuck do people compare this shit to GoT (at least seasons 1-3)...

Started season 2 yesterday. Why the fuck do people compare this shit to GoT (at least seasons 1-3)? This show is so fucking cheap and mediocore it's painful to think that it's even near the level of game of thrones

Watch this instead, you'll enjoy it more.

>imbd rating 7.7/10

Don't worry in later seasons it becomes casual trash tier like GOT, you'll like it.

It's History channel's Game of Thrones and you'll get attached to some of the characters as you keep going. Stop when Ragnar and Ecbert dies and you'll be good.

I lasted a third of an episode

The entire show seems to be a bad comedy attempt where every single joke is swing and a miss awkward-humor

nordcucks powerfantasy, they have nothing else to feel important

It isn't even that. It's just some regular pozzed shit like GoT

Pretty mediocre. I also blame it for the uptick in people claiming to be LARPagans just because they wanted to be a "badass viking"

couldn't help but laugh when all the minor characters were killed off in a "devastating plague" at the end of 1st season. Realistically how long will it be before this show is cancelled now that ragnar is dead?

its ok.
game of thrones still sucks

>This show is so fucking cheap and mediocore
Sounds like Game of Thrones to me.

Better then thrones by far.

>Viking wives beating their husbands
>Viking husbands inviting other men to fuck their wives
>Cheesy love triangle
I couldn't make it through season 2

Hello Liam

>GoT Seasons 1-4 > Vikings > GoT Seasons 5-7

You know it to be true

Pronably whenever they get to based Albert and get sued by The Last Kingdom

Lagertha

Modern Norwegian sitcoms in a nutshell. I dunno where we went wrong.

Practiced my Norwegian by watching one on a plane about some depressed, nihilistic therapist that finds romance or something. It was ok, I thought, don't remember the name

Vikings had the only gay subtext that I enjoyed in a series with Athelstan

I really enjoyed the dry humor of this show. I'm American. Is this type of humor typical in Northern European television shows and movies?

Too bad she failed to have any kids before her ovaries dried up. What a fucking shame.

>woman gets in charge
>immediately tells the men they should care for and look after their wifes son

Not if I can help it

Still gives me chills.

>there will never be a high budget HBO series about the Aztec Empire in all its bloody glory

Apocalypto was pretty good.

Is it really a spoiler if it happened historically? It's like spoilering Julius Caesar gets assassinated.

Jesus dies

fuck me that scene man

First 3 MAYBE 4 season of GoT absolutely obliterate it. But the quality drop off in Vikings is no where's near as steep as in GoT.

If the priest lived, and the wife's story was cut, I'd rate the series much higher. The boring storylines drag on for so long.

Just go read Vinland Saga

>If the priest lived

Yeah this was the weirdest plot twist in the series for me. It was like all that drama of him converting people was set up for nothing.